Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:02:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790353 times)
KLONE

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:18:08 AM

300 SPR for the person that guesses when Georgem goes Legendary (nearest will do).

Jan 10 2016

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crypto_currency

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:12:44 AM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on December 4th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

SPR will die soon . Grin Grin Grin
restless
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:40:39 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2015, 08:51:52 AM by restless

Thanks for the help and advice.
Indeed, it must have been the firewall.
This PC is @work, where we have 2 subnets - 1 with very strict rules, and another not so restricted.
I usually always set PC in lighter zone if mining, but I saw that wallet is in sync running in stricter zone and said "why bother"

This is still weird IMHO, maybe some kind of "test connectivity" can be implemented, to know that altho syncing wallet works, mining won't?
Mining should always work if you can sync.

well, last night i exchanged few PMs and SPRs with minerpage.
Until that PC was in "strict firewall zone" the wallet (latest version), was indicating "in sync with 4-5 connections to the network"  - green checkmark in lower right corner
It had mined 1 block, both me and minerpage had sent small amount of sprs to that wallet - no incoming transactions indicated!
Moved net to "light restricted zone" - bang, mined block dissapeared, both transactions appeared and were confirmed very soon

PS: just checked. While in strict zone, the wallet indication shows in sync&connected, but block count doesn't increase.
After some time  moved to "light zone" - in few seconds current block went from  682844 to  682930

it seems the way wallet checks connectivity is broken in environment when there is internet, but almost anything except port 80/443 is blocked. It should at least timeout and give some indication... say when no new block received in... 5min ?

PPS:
another test. In strict zone getpeerinfo IS updated eg:
{
"addr" : "186.15.124.36:41678",
"services" : "00000000",
"lastsend" : 1449046141,
"lastrecv" : 0,
"bytessent" : 127,
"bytesrecv" : 0,
"blocksrequested" : 0,
"conntime" : 1449046141,
"version" : 0,
"subver" : "",
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : -1,
"banscore" : 0
}
But getblockcount is not increasing - always returns same number , 682939 atm

No idea what else to check... it seems the way weallet checks for connection is going through the firewall, but actual chain-communication is stopped.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:49:28 AM

This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on December 4th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC.

Read my post on the previous page about my conversation with Bittrex.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the coin won't die but it won't die in the next few weeks.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 08:50:47 AM

this is correct ...

it is not difficult to do more than that with the right amount of equipment ...

i cant specify what the current state of coin minting would be on a daily basis - but when the hashrate was much higher - thefram brought in many  hundreds of spr a day ... and the difficulty was higher than it is today ...

and no - i dont have just one or two 750ti cards ...

i was only ( only - as in the only miner ) sp's optimized private miner at the time ... and still do when i do mine spr ...

#crysx

Thanks for your input.
Can't wait to start experimenting with GPU mining and OpenCL.
But there are more pressing issues for me right now.

no worries georgem ...

the miner ( ccminer-spmod ) is cuda based - so its different from the sgminer opencl mining ... but i guess they would have to process the same when mining spreadx11 ...

it would be interesting to see how much faster that miner could go with spreadx11 ... based on tsivs version - it would be nice to see it flying again ...

i have never been able to get sgminer to run ... though i havent tried in the last year ... maybe time to fire up a build and see what happens ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 08:54:01 AM

Of course, that doesn't mean that the coin won't die but it won't die in the next few weeks.

seriously? ...

people STILL going on about 'dying' coins ...

the time a coin is abandoned AND the community turns its back on it AND its no longer being used ... THATS when its dead ...

spr dead? ... fat chance! ...

even if it gets delisted off bittrex ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:24:26 AM

seriously? ...

the time a coin is abandoned AND the community turns its back on it AND its no longer being used ... THATS when its dead ...

#crysx

Bittrex are keen to support us for a period longer.  They seem to like our plans for the future.  I'm the first to admit that plans are just plans though.  Time will tell.

In any case we have contingency plans for if we lost Bittrex and the more I work on the contingency plan the more exciting the prospect of a change becomes.  It could be quite an opportunity.
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:35:11 AM

seriously? ...

#crysx

Bittrex are keen to support us for a period longer.  They seem to like our plans for the future.  I'm the first to admit that plans are just plans though.  Time will tell.

In any case we have contingency plans for if we lost Bittrex and the more I work on the contingency plan the more exciting the prospect of a change becomes.  It could be quite an opportunity.

ok - so i guess we will look forward to an spr exchange then Wink ...

#crysx

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:42:43 AM

seriously? ...

#crysx

#crysx

That is plan C Wink
chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:44:13 AM

seriously? ...

#crysx

#crysx

That is plan C Wink

i would be happy to help there ...

spr / btc ...
grn / btc ...
spr / grn ...

Wink ...

#crysx

minerpage

Activity: 268
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:06:35 PM

300 SPR for the person that guesses when Georgem goes Legendary (nearest will do).
Jan 10 2016
GeorgeM has a Christmas present in mind, Dec 24 2015 at 6:00 UTC

Reason: "After SPR was abandoned by it's original developer early 2015, georgem fearlessly stepped in and created a better version by the end of that same year. That's a great accomplishment and it elevated him to Legendary status overnight. After that, SPR was spreading the love at Christmas 2015 and the world became a better place!"

Something like that  Cool
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 02:49:00 PM

the miner ( ccminer-spmod ) is cuda based - so its different from the sgminer opencl mining ... but i guess they would have to process the same when mining spreadx11 ...

it would be interesting to see how much faster that miner could go with spreadx11 ... based on tsivs version - it would be nice to see it flying again ...

i have never been able to get sgminer to run ... though i havent tried in the last year ... maybe time to fire up a build and see what happens ...

#crysx

I was thinking about extending OpenCL to both AMD and NVidia cards, and not use CUDA at all.
I am not sure though how good NVidia will perform with OpenCL, but it should work.

If we want to create an in-wallet GPU miner we need an open standard, and it will be much easier to accomplish with OpenCL only.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 03:52:06 PM

Small update:

For some days now I have been running a small intranet (4 PCs: 2 Win, 1 Mac , 1 Linux, all communicating per localhost, all CPU-mining.)
where I have probably created two dozen blockchains already, always testing a few things, analyzing hexdata and debug.logs and listening to the chitchats between the nodes and then restarting a new blockchain.

That feeling when you ignite a blockchain and it comes to life --> pretty legendary.  Grin

That 66.6 SPR block is nice!

I've been creating new chains in my test environment over the last few weeks just to learn some SPR basics.  It has been really useful although I have no idea about the chatter between nodes.

Hm, never saw this 66.6 SPR block, but I guess I understand how it appears in your fork experiments:

If this 66.6 SPR block bugs you, you need to remove this line here:

Code:
if (nHeight > (int)getFirstHardforkBlock())

at

https://github.com/spreadcoin/spreadcoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L1334

So that the function looks like this then:

Code:
int64 GetBlockValue(int nHeight, int64 nFees)
{
    int64_t nSubsidy = 50 * COIN * 4 / 3;
    nSubsidy /= 10;

// Subsidy is cut in half every g_RewardHalvingPeriod blocks which will occur approximately every 4 years.
    int halvings = nHeight / g_RewardHalvingPeriod;
    nSubsidy = (halvings >= 64)? 0 : (nSubsidy >> halvings);
    nSubsidy -= nSubsidy*(nHeight % g_RewardHalvingPeriod)/(2*g_RewardHalvingPeriod);

return nSubsidy + nFees;
}

Now the nSubsidy /= 10; is always applied.

Enjoy your forking experiments.  Wink

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 04:33:49 PM

Reason: "After SPR was abandoned by it's original developer early 2015, georgem fearlessly stepped in and created a better version by the end of that same year. That's a great accomplishment and it elevated him to Legendary status overnight. After that, SPR was spreading the love at Christmas 2015 and the world became a better place!"

Something like that  Cool

I don't do anything important.

I merely obey the orders of mr. spread:

Who is Mr. Spread?

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 05:17:26 PM

#crysx

I was thinking about extending OpenCL to both AMD and NVidia cards, and not use CUDA at all.
I am not sure though how good NVidia will perform with OpenCL, but it should work.

If we want to create an in-wallet GPU miner we need an open standard, and it will be much easier to accomplish with OpenCL only.

sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

but there you have it ...

#crysx

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 10:30:25 AM

I've been creating new chains in my test environment over the last few weeks just to learn some SPR basics.  It has been really useful although I have no idea about the chatter between nodes.

I recommend you download WireShark and let it display only the port used by your chain.

Code:
tcp.port == PORT_NUMBER

It's pretty easy and you'll get an idea about how the nodes communicate.
It'll show you the actual HEX Bytes that are received and sent.

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:04:15 AM

I recommend you download WireShark and let it display only the port used by your chain.

Code:
tcp.port == PORT_NUMBER

It's pretty easy and you'll get an idea about how the nodes communicate.
It'll show you the actual HEX Bytes that are received and sent.

Cheers!  Will give that a go when I get back home.
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 12:25:22 PM

sia did that for both - and nvidia cards came out far worse than implementing cuda ...

#crysx

When did he do that?

I can only hope that NVidia's implementation of OpenCL has improved by now.

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

chrysophylax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 02:59:44 PM

#crysx

When did he do that?

It's their unwillingness to participate in an open standard that makes their OpenCL implementation so "average".

the one miner ...

it is opencl and runs for both nvidia and amd based gpus ...

nvidia came out poorly in the trade off ...

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner ...

the algo is blake2b from what i understand ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:14:21 AM

#crysx

When did he do that?

the one miner ...

it is opencl and runs for both nvidia and amd based gpus ...

nvidia came out poorly in the trade off ...

https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia-GPU-Miner ...

the algo is blake2b from what i understand ...

whether its their unwillingness or not - like microsoft and their ridiculous 'standards' as opposed to the 'real' standards - nvidia are the largest gpu manufacturer and developer in the world ...

so they build their own standard - which could be the crappiest coding on the planet ( jump in microsoft again ) but still maintain the number one position for the hardware and software working together ...

#crysx

It's Nvidia's fault. They wanna pretend they're Apple and not give a shit about interoperability, then it should be their problem.

EDIT: I dumped the signature2 kernel from my miner - it was triggering a bug in my other kernels and didn't really make sense to seperate anyways.

I see Wolf beat me too it but it was only about 3 maybe 6 months ago Nvidia started really supporting OpenCl but not the full version of it from my understanding. And Windows 10 with Nvidia is giving the main support. I am no where near a dev so you can look into it further if you like.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: