Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:53:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790361 times)
litecoin111

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 01:05:13 AM

Keep getting pool o slow/down or invalid error, please help?

.bat:

setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
sgminer -I 20
pause

spreadcoin.conf:

rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=41677
port=41678
gen=0
server=1

gen=0 signifies the wallet to NOT generate coins ...

solomining requires you generate coins within the wallet - so change that to gen=1 ...

its been a while since ive mined spr - and it was usually spreadminer-spmod ( nvidia ) that i mined with ... i could never get the amd miner to compile and work ... so if there is any help current miners would give - that will help you a great deal ...

lots of talented people in this thread ...

#crysx

Thanks I am using AMD cards tried gen=1 still same error
Grim

Activity: 504
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:00:52 AM

gen=1

is for the inwallet CPU miner.

so pls spare your poor cpu and put it to gen=0 again!
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 03:02:23 AM

gen=1

is for the inwallet CPU miner.

so pls spare your poor cpu and put it to gen=0 again!

really? ...

so the code stipulates that gen=0/1 for CPU ONLY? ...

right - ok ...

#crysx

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 03:03:23 AM

lots of talented people in this thread ...

#crysx

Especially the big bad Wolf0. He's got a great amd miner, but you need to figure out the magic words to get hold of it.

magic word = btc ...

and 'please' of course ...

his work is not for free ...

#crysx

Propagandalf

Activity: 312
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:02:50 AM

Any point in GPU mining with 1x GeForce GTX 860M, or will I never find any coins?
just2laff

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 10:23:07 AM

It's possible to find a block, occasionally.  It depends on what you want to make.  I wouldn't stress a laptop like that, though
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:21:03 AM

I'd need ideas/speculation on types of income streams and how much they could produce.
How the 'business' [nodes] would be structured.

Stuff like that thanks

BTW, i stlll have the address that the 16000 spr are in  Cheesy

SPrdeF1KU5CreLH2TYdnhNmZMAmoBbEynY

Damn.

hmm.

I guess you're right. We need to do some work on the data market income potential.

I have 0 knowledge about. If you could feed me numbers on potential income apart from coinbase reward
I can start to play.

I wonder if wolf0 could make an OP vangen miner and mine that address  Tongue

I think the only way we can do this bit is to give away a few secrets...

1. The data market is the data market. People will be able to subscribe on a monthly basis and pull data out as and when, provided they remain subscribed. Lets say $300 / month per region and $1,000 / monthly globally?

How many customers? That's the big question. How many banks are there; how many insurance firms; how many mobile phone retailers; etc.

80 national (in total) /20 global customers in the first year, and an annual growth rate of 100% thereafter? We can't go into why that number makes sense to me, just yet.

2. BI tools. We are aiming for affiliate / partner fees from people that buy BI tools via SPR.  Let's allow $10,000 for the first year in affiliate fees, and then $30,000 for the next two years, with a growth rate of 30% pa thereafter.

3. Hosting provider affiliate fees. While we can't recommend anyone, there is no reason why the network can't earn a referral fee.

We will be aiming for top draw bandwidth, so none of that $5/ month hosting stuff. We're talking $15/month going up to $100/month for the very best hardware and bandwidth.

How many nodes * 15% referral fees.

This also gets you an idea of costs.

4. Sorry can't say just yet.  Allow $100k to $150k per year back to the network, $30k in the first year.

Costs

1. So, monthly hosting. $15/month, but as node competition picks-up and the blockchains increase in size, we'll have to think about allowing for $40/month, then by year 5, $100/month.  You wouldn't scale up, though, if the income wasn't there.

2. Bookkeeping, accounting, tax. Allow $750 / year up to 10 nodes. Allow $1,000 for more than 10 nodes.

3. Escrow fees for monthly subscribers.  1%

4. Percentage sent to Bitcoin miners. Not sure yet. Let's start with 10% and aim for much higher proportion as node gross margin grows.

ServiceNodes gross margins - lets say 50%? We'll have to work through that as the numbers get worked up in your Spread - sheet. Could be more, could be less.

5. Marketing contributions. Lots of people say businesses should aim for 10% of income. But we'll need to take a close look at that - more in the earlier years, less as the project gains traction.

6. Dev funding contributions. Let's park that for now.

Thoughts?
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:28:41 PM

I'd need ideas/speculation on types of income streams and how much they could produce.
How the 'business' [nodes] would be structured.

Stuff like that thanks

BTW, i stlll have the address that the 16000 spr are in  Cheesy

SPrdeF1KU5CreLH2TYdnhNmZMAmoBbEynY

Damn.

hmm.

I guess you're right. We need to do some work on the data market income potential.

I have 0 knowledge about. If you could feed me numbers on potential income apart from coinbase reward
I can start to play.

I think the only way we can do this bit is to give away a few secrets...

[1. The data market is the data market. People will be able to subscribe on a monthly basis and pull data out as and when, provided they remain subscribed. Lets say $300 / month per region and $1,000 / monthly globally?]

#1. Ok, what kind of 'data' are we talking about? Transaction? Is it just bitcoin we offer data on or all coins?
     What exactly would a $1,000 subscription get you?

{How many customers? That's the big question. How many banks are there; how many insurance firms; how many mobile phone retailers; etc.}

We can only speculate with a conservative outlook.

[80 national (in total) /20 global customers in the first year, and an annual growth rate of 100% thereafter? We can't go into why that number makes sense to me, just yet.]

#2. How did you come to the conclusion of 80 national/ 20 global? Can you point to and existing example  or explain where you get the figures from? I just need more clarity on this issue.

2. BI tools. We are aiming for affiliate / partner fees from people that buy BI tools via SPR.  Let's allow $10,000 for the first year in affiliate fees, and then $30,000 for the next two years, with a growth rate of 30% pa thereafter.

#3. Whats a BI tool? lol

3. Hosting provider affiliate fees. While we can't recommend anyone, there is no reason why the network can't earn a referral fee.

#4. How would referrals work on the network? I can understand individual node owners taking fees, but how would the network? How would it propagate referrals exactly?

We will be aiming for top draw bandwidth, so none of that $5/ month hosting stuff. We're talking $15/month going up to $100/month for the very best hardware and bandwidth.

How many nodes * 15% referral fees.

This also gets you an idea of costs.

4. Sorry can't say just yet.  Allow $100k to $150k per year back to the network, $30k in the first year.

Costs

1. So, monthly hosting. $15/month, but as node competition picks-up and the blockchains increase in size, we'll have to think about allowing for $40/month, then by year 5, $100/month.  You wouldn't scale up, though, if the income wasn't there.

2. Bookkeeping, accounting, tax. Allow $750 / year up to 10 nodes. Allow $1,000 for more than 10 nodes.

3. Escrow fees for monthly subscribers.  1%

4. Percentage sent to Bitcoin miners. Not sure yet. Let's start with 10% and aim for much higher proportion as node gross margin grows.

#5. I don't understand why we'd need to give anything to Bitcoin miners?

ServiceNodes gross margins - lets say 50%? We'll have to work through that as the numbers get worked up in your Spread - sheet. Could be more, could be less.

5. Marketing contributions. Lots of people say businesses should aim for 10% of income. But we'll need to take a close look at that - more in the earlier years, less as the project gains traction.

{6. Dev funding contributions. Let's park that for now.}

1%?

Thoughts?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:59:29 PM

BI? -->Link

defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:26:46 PM

Ah cool.. So you embed BI somehow into your SN and it sorts through the data you receive?
just2laff

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:33:03 PM

This is a good business plan, and seems to be getting better.  I've invested some considerable amount into it.  I cannot recommend however hosting anything with teamviewer as a method of controlling it.  I had set up  a vutr account with a windows OS, and got hacked for 56k spr (in august, when it was worth much less).  This can be seen at the "johnpadalecki" account registered then.  This has apparently happened recently to another member, through the same apparatus.  Beware teamviewer.  I am still using it, but using all different paswords on each computer.  And a completely isolated email account.
Propagandalf

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 03:52:12 PM

Servicenodes

I understand that when you place a certain amount of SPR as collateral, you get a SN seat (so long as you are not the weakest link and thereby "kicked" when someone outbids you). Do you lose any of this collateral in the event that you are outbidded? If not, then it's just to increase the amount and go again, right?

In theory, I guess you can put all of your SPR as collateral to secure a seat, but the drawback will be that you have no SPR left to run several more SNs, thus making it less lucrative. Am I right? Just trying to work out the mechanics here...
georgem (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 03:56:50 PM

Servicenodes

I understand that when you place a certain amount of SPR as collateral, you get a SN seat (so long as you are not the weakest link and thereby "kicked" when someone outbids you). Do you lose any of this collateral in the event that you are outbidded? If not, then it's just to increase the amount and go again, right?

In theory, I guess you can put all of your SPR as collateral to secure a seat, but the drawback will be that you have no SPR left to run several more SNs, thus making it less lucrative. Am I right? Just trying to work out the mechanics here...

Yes, collaterals aren't "payments to someone" (that this someone might take away from you).
No, they are basically "tied lookup addresses" that the network/protocol will constantly check to see if you match the criteria.

Yes, there is a spread between less risk and more reward! It's up to you to find out what suits you best.

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:16:11 PM

Servicenodes

The main point about collateral is to prevent botnets and unwanted spies.

The nice byproduct of this approach is that you lock-up coins that would otherwise be circulating around exchanges. This causes positive price pressures, which makes revenues for running servicesnodes and also mining with reduced coinbase rewards profitable.

Having a sustainable revenue model means that the servicenode network is less prone to market fluctuations and so you shouldn't see mass dumping of coins if the price takes a turn for the worst. Why would you dump coins if you are still making a profit each month?

So, you don't actually pay to join the servicenode network - not unless you buy a good seat and regular income from someone else already on the network and you are prepared to pay to jump into that seat.

Propagandalf

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:21:48 PM

Servicenodes

Yes, collaterals aren't "payments to someone" (that this someone might take away from you).
No, they are basically "tied lookup addresses" that the network/protocol will constantly check to see if you match the criteria.

Yes, there is a spread between less risk and more reward! It's up to you to find out what suits you best.

Thanks for the answer. And just to be clear: When you say risk you mean simply for instance tying up too much SPR so you earn less (because you could have had multiple SNs), and not risk related to any other loss factors I should be aware of? Like if SN reputation, kick rate, stats or similar affect earnings negatively in the long run?
AnotherNode

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:22:16 PM

Just when InstantX was about to get all the glory - 'BitGo Launches 'Instant' Bitcoin Transaction Tool'

http://www.coindesk.com/bitgo-instant-bitcoin-transaction-tool/
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:25:21 PM

Servicenodes

Thanks for the answer. And just to be clear: When you say risk you mean simply for instance tying up too much SPR so you earn less (because you could have had multiple SNs), and not risk related to any other loss factors I should be aware of? Like if SN reputation, kick rate, stats or similar affect earnings negatively in the long run?

There is no risk of losing your collateral running a servicenode.  Usual caveats apply such as don't publish your private key  Wink
georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 04:27:26 PM

Yes, the only thing that concerns you as a servicenode operator is: can you claim the "periodical" reward or not?

That's literally the only "financial" risk you have: that you might be running a servicenode for a period without getting payed for it (because you were kicked, or have a very low score, or something else is broken/invalid)

Next to this financial risk there are ofcourse other risks, like your server getting hacked, or your bandwidth getting throttled down because you have a cheap VPS, etc...

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 04:35:52 PM

Just when InstantX was about to get all the glory - 'BitGo Launches 'Instant' Bitcoin Transaction Tool'

http://www.coindesk.com/bitgo-instant-bitcoin-transaction-tool/

InstantX is a pretty good tool.

Hey@ geoegem,  this is camosoul, like for real:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_RZnhyMGKU
Throttle up...

...and for my next trick, I'll be pumping Dash.

georgem (OP)
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 04:38:47 PM

Well, yes, to answer your specific question more directly:
Yes, you might miss out on reward if you have too much SPR in an address. But then again, it's not just about splitting large sums into smaller sums. It's also about successfully operating multiple servicenodes, which isn't childsplay.

So, I don't look at it as a risk, but rather a question of reward:
A person that is technically capable of running multiple well-permorming servicenodes should have the possibility to milk the reward multiple times.
BUT: there is a continuous spread of how well he can "thin out" his collateral and spread it over his servicenodes while maintaining a strong claim on each seat.

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: