Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:28:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 328 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | Decentralize Everything (decentralized blockexplorer coming)  (Read 790361 times)
sugarfly

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:53:43 PM

Hey, that would be freakin' awesome! I was more talking about myself, really. My technical skills are pretty frail non-existent compared to some of the geniuses around here.  Cheesy

Edit: I'm really envious of your wallet address.

Come on, you must be good at something.
Everybody is good at something.  Smiley

About my vanity SPR address:
The generator keeps running with 1 thread whenever I'm using my computer.
The forecasted time for "SUGARFLY" was 50 days.
I was lucky to find one after just 3 weeks.  Grin

-sf-

Edit: SatoshiNakamoto….. forecast is 300 billion years.  Tongue
But I'm still trying it, why not. It's like a lottery.
Luck favors the bold!
AnotherNode

Activity: 178

Nodes That Serve

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 05:55:14 PM

There's not much to do but twiddle our thumbs, ...

I'd like to do a little bit more than that.

I noticed that spreadcoin doesn't have an android wallet?

I found this thread in the forum though:

http://spreadcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102.0

But there is no source code, just a dead download link.

I'll see if I can manage to put an android wallet together.  Smiley

-sf-

There was an android wallet being made and it was nearly complete. The guys who were working on it didn't release it for some reason.

But if you really want a challenge an Electrum wallet would be cool. But Georgem might be working on it.

https://electrum.org/#home

https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash
sugarfly

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:05:13 PM

Yea, it's definitely gonna be awesome. I can't wait to play with running a raspberry pi on the Spreadwallet.   Cheesy Cheesy

And the Trezor   Smiley

Lots of fun stuff to play around with coming soon!!

That's how I got interested in spreadcoin.
I stumbled upon spreadcoin in the TREZOR thread.
Then I learned about the features of the Spreadwallet and was instantly sold.

Honestly, I don't even care at all about servicenodes, big data, or whatever everybody keeps talking about.

I want my Spreadwallet!  Shocked

-sf-
sugarfly

Zettel-Dolphin

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 06:07:34 PM

There was an android wallet being made and it was nearly complete. The guys who were working on it didn't release it for some reason.

But if you really want a challenge an Electrum wallet would be cool. But Georgem might be working on it.

https://electrum.org/#home

https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash

Thank you.
IIRC Electrum requires electrum-servers to work?
I need to learn about all the different thin clients that exist.

I think I will start with a Schildbach clone.

https://github.com/bitcoin-wallet/bitcoin-wallet

-sf-
rhinomonkey

Activity: 646
Merit: 501

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:10:26 PM

damn, if i applied myself back in my youth instead of of doing stupid things that make your brain feel good
while playing insanely loud ear damaging music (well at least it was original and not some cheesey Journy cover or some such trash)
 ...maybe...just maybe (very big maybe) i could be coding this puppy.
unfortunatly my programming skills ended in the late 90's, compiling  java code ( self taught from books like
java for dummies on win 95)that resulted in output like "hello assholes!" or programming a radio shack calculator to
output prime numbers which promptly siezed up  around  97 (yeah thats a prime # btw).
At least i can brag that my company still uses the machine tool G code macros i wrote like 15 years ago.
Now im just an aging fuddy duddy cnc programmer/operator crypto fanatic growing tomatoes in the basement who drinks too much. Wink

My father has a garden and grows tomatoes. I love all the fresh 'maters that come out in August. Lots of sauce, tomato juice, and soups.

There's gotta be something very satisfying about growing your own stuff and I want to do it when I have some property. I may have to look into that basement set up as soon as I have more time when I'm living off Service Nodes.  Grin

That would be awesome but you are going to need a lot of space. What do you want to grow ? Try to grow the smaller more valuable and rare fruits and vegetables. Who knows one day there might be a bitcoin "farmers" market xP

That's not a terrible idea. I'm afraid I don't even know which vegetables I would start with. My knowledge of plants is fairly limited. It's one of those projects I would love to delve into though. I love learning new things and solving problems. It keeps me entertained. I've learned so much just hanging around these parts for so long. I'm especially thankful when everyone - especially Georgem and coins101 - is happy to impart their experience and knowledge on someone like me who incessantly asks questions. It's been quite a big learning adventure for me.  

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:16:39 PM

Hey, that would be freakin' awesome! I was more talking about myself, really. My technical skills are pretty frail non-existent compared to some of the geniuses around here.  Cheesy

Edit: I'm really envious of your wallet address.

Come on, you must be good at something.
Everybody is good at something.  Smiley

About my vanity SPR address:
The generator keeps running with 1 thread whenever I'm using my computer.
The forecasted time for "SUGARFLY" was 50 days.
I was lucky to find one after just 3 weeks.  Grin

-sf-

Edit: SatoshiNakamoto….. forecast is 300 billion years.  Tongue
But I'm still trying it, why not. It's like a lottery.
Luck favors the bold!

I am currently learning R and Python. I am not great at it as I have only just started. But I do hope to use some of the data from the future data market (should it be achieved in a decentralized manner) to make some cool graphics and analyses. Might be fun to play around with.

As for skills applicable here, I think I would be ok with helping maintain updates for the dev team in the future and perhaps writing up some documentation on how to run things. There are definitely things I will be glad to help with after more of the technical coding bits are completed.

I did set up the reddit for Spreadcoin.  Grin

Edit: One thing that I liked about Shadowcash was that they put up a wiki page detailing everything about the coin. It will be useful when the overlay network arrives to have documentation so that people can set up nodes with ease. Though, from the looks of Georgem's photos, it will be very user friendly.

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 15, 2016, 10:18:22 PM

Yea, it's definitely gonna be awesome. I can't wait to play with running a raspberry pi on the Spreadwallet.   Cheesy Cheesy

And the Trezor   Smiley

Honestly, I don't even care at all about servicenodes, big data, or whatever everybody keeps talking about.

I want my Spreadwallet!  Shocked

-sf-

I have a feeling what Georgem comes out with will be so impressive you won't be able to help caring a little bit. Especially when you can be paid to run a Bitcoin node.  Tongue

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 16, 2016, 11:37:40 AM

And the Trezor   Smiley

I want my Spreadwallet!  Shocked

-sf-

I have a feeling what Georgem comes out with will be so impressive you won't be able to help caring a little bit. Especially when you can be paid to run a Bitcoin node.  Tongue

I have been running a poll on how many bitcoin users there are in the world. It's not something that can be definitively researched, which in itself is part of the point of Bitcoin.

Over 51% (the main chain) think there are fewer than 5m users, with most of those polling for fewer than 2m.

When looked at from the period of time that Bitcoin has been around and the significant amount of media hype, these numbers are small.

But, when you look at the amount of investment that is going into Bitcoin / Blockchains, what you (well, I) can deduce is that the technical solutions that Bitcoin brings to an inefficient global monetary system is where the big win is in the short to medium term. Once The infrastructure to run money is built around Bitcoin / blockchains, then the masses will come.

So, my general view with these things is: follow the money, honey.

If you build the infrastructure and you build the economics to sustain the infrastructure, you are the global monetary system.  

When you wake up in the morning and scratch that crack on the way to the bathroom, your full node is passively earning you money relaying transactions for the global financial system.

When you're stuck in traffic, most of the people around you are being unproductive. While your full node is still processing BTC$BTC$millions and earning you a slice of the action. Turn up the music and smile.

Nice thought about full node operators: You are money.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 3519

born once atheist

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:29:31 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2016, 04:41:35 PM by sirazimuth

damn, if i applied myself back in my youth instead of of doing stupid things that make your brain feel good
while playing insanely loud ear damaging music (well at least it was original and not some cheesey Journy cover or some such trash)
 ...maybe...just maybe (very big maybe) i could be coding this puppy.
unfortunatly my programming skills ended in the late 90's, compiling  java code ( self taught from books like
java for dummies on win 95)that resulted in output like "hello assholes!" or programming a radio shack calculator to
output prime numbers which promptly siezed up  around  97 (yeah thats a prime # btw).
At least i can brag that my company still uses the machine tool G code macros i wrote like 15 years ago.
Now im just an aging fuddy duddy cnc programmer/operator crypto fanatic growing tomatoes in the basement who drinks too much. Wink

My father has a garden and grows tomatoes. I love all the fresh 'maters that come out in August. Lots of sauce, tomato juice, and soups.

There's gotta be something very satisfying about growing your own stuff and I want to do it when I have some property. I may have to look into that basement set up as soon as I have more time when I'm living off Service Nodes.  Grin

That would be awesome but you are going to need a lot of space. What do you want to grow ? Try to grow the smaller more valuable and rare fruits and vegetables. Who knows one day there might be a bitcoin "farmers" market xP

well speaking of trying to grow the "smaller more valuable and rare fruits and vegetables"... i can think of one very valuable one
tho unless you live in Colo, Ore, Wash or Alaska you might well be breaking the law  Grin Wink

and to get back ot...

Still cannot get that damn wallet vanity generator to work. very annoying indeed.same issue on both my pcs.
that is, the "add pattern" field refuses to populate after Ive clicked the curser into it.
tho last week i thought i inadvertantly fixed it, when for a brief moment  I was able to type characters into this  field.
but then alas... it just as quickly went dead again. really curious to know if anyone  knows whats up?
i suspect there is a glitch/conflict in my system but no idea what to do to fix.

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 03:42:22 AM

Turn off your monitor. Go for a walk; come back in 6 months.

Here's your advice^

Heed it or sell to me.  Grin

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 04:39:15 PM

However, if you follow the large brained members of this forum and where they have migrated..

I'm pretty sure they are still here.

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

Give me another week and you can copy the ideas in the new whitepaper, too.
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:33:40 PM
Last edit: October 18, 2016, 05:57:10 PM by stonehedge

However, if you follow the large brained members of this forum and where they have migrated..

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

I think the project that humbepirate is talking about ditched your PoBN whitepaper a few weeks ago.

Edit: But hey, at least they contacted you for permission to use it before they decided to focus elsewhere.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 05:58:09 PM

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

hmm doesnt seem like you have read the update we did in our forum, kindly read it, and see if you can find ANY resemblence to ANY part of the things we worked on together

this is a whole new project, with some redefining things...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:25:52 PM

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

hmm doesnt seem like you have read the update we did in our forum, kindly read it, and see if you can find ANY resemblence to ANY part of the things we worked on together

Hey, how's it going?

Yeah, I haven't read anything recently. My bad.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:38:50 PM

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

Hey, how's it going?

no worries, everything is good, working my ass of to create the technical specifications for what we are doing, besides working on the boat... ;-)

and how are you doing?

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:47:59 PM

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

Hey, how's it going?

no worries, everything is good, working my ass of to create the technical specifications for what we are doing, besides working on the boat... ;-)

and how are you doing?

keeping busy. never ending rounds of UAT, bug fixes, user training, support, etc. Crypto is a welcome distraction. There is so much innovation going on right now. the financial system looks like it might collapse any second, so crypto should see a big influx of new money and new faces.
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:57:39 PM

Let me check.

Yep.

Still here.

Hey, how's it going?

and how are you doing?

keeping busy. never ending rounds of UAT, bug fixes, user training, support, etc. Crypto is a welcome distraction. There is so much going innovation going on right now. the financial system looks like it might collapse any second, so crypto should see a big influx of new money and new faces.

so true, i know we will have a big influx, the question is just when... (we as in crypto)

coins101
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:07:32 AM
Last edit: October 19, 2016, 10:21:47 AM by coins101

hmm doesnt seem like you have read the update we did in our forum, kindly read it..)

So, as I know your spare time is extremely valuable because of your regular job, I took your advice and decided to read the updates.

I think this is something of a current status

...There needs to be another way for blockchain to continue developing to the point of mass adoption.

For me to post here and say WE HAVE THE SOLUTION would be wrong....

But I am interested to see how you develop a third alternative to PoW and PoS.

So, as you have a whitepaper due out, I guess I had better layout some details on what my whitepaper is aiming at so we know where there are boundaries of differences:

* Having previously worked in the payments sector for about 8 years, I was the solutions architecture for the creation of an infrastructure solution (who knew that's what solutions architects do) for consumer remittances products that moved away from being reliant on incumbent intermediary international settlement brokers (clearing houses).

To move money around the world, you either need your own infrastructure (Western Union), you need to be a big bank with enough infrastructure to move your own money around (very few banks can do this) or you need clearing houses who need other clearing houses (before you know it, your margins and profits are the smallest).  

The way I got around the problem of being an outsider with a new product and not enough funding (we had about $20m) to fly around the world creating endless contractual relationships with clearing houses, was to focus on the customer. Turns out, they go shopping. Guess what shops have? Tills.

Tills are places where people put money in and take money out. Turns out this is what remittances business do. Modern tills are also mainly Windows based PC's. So we built a system that used supermarket tills so you can put money into a till in one place, and someone else with the right details can take money out at the other end. So no middlemen, instantly increasing profit margins.

Supermarkets with large network of shops loved this. "You mean customers will be directed to my store, where they will get some money they can buy stuff with?" It was an easy sell.

It also turns out that supermarkets buy stuff internationally, so they have a need to move money around the world too. By putting a remittances layer on top of their already existing treasury functions, they got a new high margin product (each remittance typically made $10 per person profit, from a sub 2 minute time at the till), they also got a way to do FX without having to do FX (they settled ledgers at HQ's and gave money out to customers), saving them huge amounts of fees.

Typically, the bank that bought the business from its owners fucked up the model by trying to get exclusive arrangements and by pulling growth funding when the financial meltdown hit their balance sheets.

* Digital Services Digital Networks (DSDN) is a broadband for blockchains. More specifically, it will be a way to connect businesses to each other (like our supermarket example), in particular banks, insurance, firms, lawyers, etc, without having to go down the closed Private (this is very important) bankchain route.

All you need is a high speed settlement process so theses businesses can run their own bankchains that is both secure (so we encrypt it) and not reliant on pre-defined contractual agreements with each other (R3). So, a trustless b2b blockchain network with private connections so they can still tick many regulatory and confidentiality requirements. With many of these private chains running on the bitcoin network (more of that in the whitepaper).

There are millions of banks, insurance firms, lawyers that would benefit from high speed and secure bankchains, but they need to be able to drop in and out of services without too much effort, as these are businesses like any other - they go bust, change names, merge, get sold, etc.

* DSDN is a way to enable ServiceNodes (you knew that was coming) to run bankchains, without caring what bankchains are doing (also why we encrypt bankchains). This is what Georgem's new Spreadwallet enables. He doesn't care what blockchain you run, just as long as there are enough people running a particular blockchain.

* This solves a number of problems and opens up even more opportunties......this bit is for the whitepaper. We keep some surprises for later.

Basically, this is the whitepaper.

Knowing that Georgem is a) busy; and b) a liberal, bankchain needs to go via a pull request for some enabling functionality. So I'm working on this.

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:48:05 PM

Definitely looking forward to reading more about what's in the whitepaper!

Also, I made a new twitter so I can keep it updated somewhat regularly.

https://twitter.com/SpreadtheSPR

rhinomonkey

Ni dieu ni maître

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 10:58:41 PM

- multihost capabilities that allow you to run multiple nodes in your local network, remote controlling them with your spreadwallet.
- easy setup and control through SSH of all the raspberry pis in your local network.

I am gonna post this here so that I remember to ask again in the future when Georgem is less busy developing than he is now. But will these features eventually be extendable to remote servers? That would be awesome.

Pages: « 1 ... 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 [237] 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 ... 328 »
  Print  

Jump to: