Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:28:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901262 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:55:21 AM

Real Atheists, not the ones who like to call themselves atheists for fun, always has a good proof-based explanation for it, I believe Religion makes them feel like being inside a Petri dish, or they notice that religion is like walking with a cloth on the eyes. But even whith all the disadvantages a religion may have, I think mankind would be chaos without having something to believe...

You'd be amazed at the peace of mind you get when you realize you don't have to believe in anything.  You can just exist.  Smiley

Then when calamity hits this kind of person, and he is forced to believe something, he literally goes crazy, because he isn't familiar with believing. Then he commits suicide and doesn't exist any longer.

Smiley

EDIT: Of course, that is nothing compared with how freaked out he will be in the resurrection when he is forced to believe God exists.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:32:25 PM

Then when calamity hits this kind of person, and he is forced to believe something, he literally goes crazy, because he isn't familiar with believing. Then he commits suicide and doesn't exist any longer.

Just so you know, not that you will ever understand because your conditioning is so deeply ingrained into your psyche there is no other you that exists outside of the 'special' paranormal narrative you believe yourself to be living in, calamitous events are actually easier to cope with as an atheist because we understand that it is all cause-and-effect action/reaction which resulted in the calamitous event, not that some mythical super-being decided that day to fuck with us, you know, because he loves us so or is teaching us something or [insert arbitrary reasoning to excuse your god here].

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Paya

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:58:43 PM

Why would you need that?
The need of attention or the need for feeling like someone cares about the things you are in need of or what you are happy about.

It looks more like a imaginary friend from a child that has a bad childhood with abuse.

It's something you feel, or you don't. A highly personal experience. There is no point to ask such questions, it's almost like asking someone why does he prefer one music genre over some other and then, maybe, trying to persuade him that he's wrong (probably not the best example, but you know what I've meant).

The main religions were created with that purpose of controlling the masses. The weaker minded fellows need someone to believe in; something that will make them push forward.

While I do agree that religion was/is recognized by ruling caste as yet another fine mechanism to control the masses, I don't think that its origins are in any way related to this. Religious ideas are as old as human species. Abuse came later.

Also... weaker minded people, seriously? Sure, bring on more stereotypes. I am certainly glad that you feel somehow superior to religious people, but it is very likely that you are not. I, for one, know plenty of atheists who aren't particularly "strong minded", to put it politely.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:29:01 PM

Oh fine, fine, take the easy way out  Roll Eyes

Shortcuttin' son-of-a...
Definitely. Believing that a certain "someone" will help you in life and save you once you die is definitely the harder way.  Cheesy

Well, when you put it that way, I guess it does seem a bit ironic, doesn't it? Cheesy
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:46:47 PM

the joint, isn't empiricism the basis of metaphysics? After all, without our brain and subsequent five senses, there'd be no way of even coming up with metaphysical ideas.

Do you agree with Descartes or David Hume?

There's a difference between asking whether empiricism is the basis of metaphysics, and asking whether something empirical is the basis of metaphysics.

Empiricism is just a theory of knowledge acquisition, i.e. the theory that any and all knowledge is gained through sensory experience.  Metaphysics differs from classical physics in that it does not control for observation, and therefore there can be no direct metaphysical 'evidence.'

To that extent, if you are an empiricist, you would probably reach the conclusion that something empirical, i.e. the brain and sensory organs, gives rise to the type of abstract thinking required for metaphysical ideas.  

If you are a metaphysicist (ultimately, not practically), you might reject the Positivistic Universe assumption and consider that the brain and sensory organs might not exist mutually exclusive from that which perceives it, and thus may be affected by it.

But regardless of whether you adopt an empirical or metaphysical view of reality, the fact remains that all we are doing is tossing around ideas according to logical rules to build better and better theories.  We are limited to ideas and the rules they obey.  We have no choice but to regard the rules of logic as absolutely unbreakable and foolproof, because it is the only means by which we have cognitive understanding of anything that makes sense.

The concluding point is that this means that all we can do is create an understanding of things as it relates to our mind.  Talking about reality independent of mind is beyond our cognitive capability.

With regards to Descartes and Hume, could you be a little more specific?

Interesting, is your believe in an intelligent designer "absolute", so you believe it to be an absolute truth according to logic?

Just in their ideals, Hume was more of an empiricist, Descartes believed in the mind separate from the body/brain.

Yes, inasmuch as theory-making is axiomatically predicated upon mental processes, and inasmuch as logic constitutes the rules of valid thinking, I believe we need to defer to logic as an absolute objectifier.

Furthermore, I believe that objective and subjective are fundamentally inseparable, despite being inverse to each other.  I believe that in every subject-object relationship there is an absolute objectifier that functions similar to a God-like entity, and so it follows I also believe the Intelligent Design process works on multiple levels.  I think there is a sort-of archetype for Intelligently-Designed systems which serves as an objective, referential template for all other ID systems, the result being that all other ID systems are isomorphic to the archetype.

And, with regards to Hume and Descartes, I would say I wouldn't ascribe to either of those ideas (fundamentally).  Cartesian Dualism is easily proven false by the sameness-in-difference principle (i.e. mental and physical reality must logically reduce to a common medium), and for Hume, I think there is self-apparently knowledge that is available to us which is independent of experience.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 01:24:10 AM

Also theists in my experience are old, uninteresting, fugly, bad at sex, and smell like stale cheese. And undesirable among young people.

http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/how-races-and-religions-match-in-online-dating/

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:35:18 AM

Just so you know, not that you will ever understand because your conditioning is so deeply ingrained into your psyche there is no other you that exists outside of the 'special' paranormal narrative you believe yourself to be living in, calamitous events are actually easier to cope with as an atheist because we understand that it is all cause-and-effect action/reaction which resulted in the calamitous event, not that some mythical super-being decided that day to fuck with us, you know, because he loves us so or is teaching us something or [insert arbitrary reasoning to excuse your god here].

At least he admitted that heaven/hell don't exist.

You might hope this. But you don't know it. It's exactly the kind of thing that I was talking about when I expressed the surprise that atheists will have when they are finally forced to believe that they are way off base... forced to believe in God by God Himself.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:37:20 AM

The Great First Cause is not the result of effect. He is outside of what we know as the universe, a concept that we don't understand.

Smiley

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:55:48 AM

I have a friend whos atheist, I wouldnt say he hates people who are in a religion.

But, more of takes it on a scientific approach, telling me how can he believe something when its based on blind faith.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 03:23:37 AM

BADecker, have you talked to many people who've committed suicide?  Taken a poll?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:33:14 PM

BADecker, have you talked to many people who've committed suicide?  Taken a poll?

Now, now. You know full well that pollsters can elicit the answers they want by the wording of their polls. Polls are almost useless. Besides, all the suicided people who are polled can be influenced way more than live ones.

Grin

the joint
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:58:00 PM

Now, now. You know full well that pollsters can elicit the answers they want by the wording of their polls. Polls are almost useless. Besides, all the suicided people who are polled can be influenced way more than live ones.

Grin

lol he's pointing out that you can't poll dead people. 
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:06:54 PM

Let me see..."A woman´s place is behind the kitchen stove. Lest they deviate let them be stoned unto submission until rectified" Etc. ---The First Book of Quog.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

We should ignore his posts in addition to ignoring him. He's definitely a deluded person as we've concluded this earlier.
Why would anyone go crazy once he starts believing something? Wouldn't similar things apply to people who stop believing?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:39:48 PM

We should ignore his posts in addition to ignoring him. He's definitely a deluded person as we've concluded this earlier.
Why would anyone go crazy once he starts believing something? Wouldn't similar things apply to people who stop believing?

He is a little crazy about christianity.
Maybe he is the next leader of the christian version of ISIS? :O

lol

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:02:52 PM

All Christianity and other religions aside, the reason atheists hate religion is because, according to the dictionary definitions of the words "atheist" and "atheism" and "religion" and "philosophy," atheism is at least a philosophy to atheists who don't think about it much, but to those who hate it, atheism is a religion.

That's it!

Those poor atheists so would like to get away from religion. They talk and they squawk and they yammer and they even quarrel and fight against the idea that atheism is a religion. But the more they do, the more they prove that atheism is a religion for them (although it may only be philosophy for those atheists who don't think about atheism much) according to the dictionary definitions.

Poor, deluded atheists.

Grin

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:49:54 PM

lol

Yep, reading BADecker's posts is like...looking at a comedic, irrational, cartoon show. It seems like he's just trolling everyone, as I don't believe anyone on Earth can be that stupid.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:55:41 PM

lol

Yep, reading BADecker's posts is like...looking at a comedic, irrational, cartoon show. It seems like he's just trolling everyone, as I don't believe anyone on Earth can be that stupid.

Another atheist pushing himself/herself deeper into the atheism religion.

Smiley

celestio

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 09:56:45 PM

lol

Smiley

Funny thing is that I'm not Atheist. But you...you're an idiot of the highest order. Are you just trolling people for fun here? You realize your posts are just...nonsense right...

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:02:30 PM

lol

Smiley

Funny thing is that I'm not Atheist. But you...you're an idiot of the highest order. Are you just trolling people for fun here? You realize your posts are just...nonsense right...

Right back at you, buddy. You haven't even checked the definitions of the words. You simply blab.

Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: