Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:54:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901260 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3070

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 11:42:41 PM

celestio, do you believe BD has the mental capacity to understand what you are saying and respond intelligently?

So why do you continue arguing with him?  Do you argue with 6 year olds?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:44:15 PM

celestio, do you believe BD has the mental capacity to understand what you are saying and respond intelligently?

You are right...My blood pressure's probably risen from this. Gosh, it's to no further use arguing with that guy.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1372

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:54:17 PM

Can a mod please perm ban BADecker for trolling. It's not funny and it's really annoying. I think it's pretty obvious by now, since he hasn't directly responded to any of the information I've said, yet continues to argue baseless "points". Trolls like that just subtract from this forum.

Wow! You can't stop me from showing the truth. So now you want the mods to do it? And the funny part is, you aren't even one of those who is directly affected by the atheism question. What exactly is your real agenda?

Smiley

I have already said for the 10millionth time. That in both definitions we looked at, they said Atheism is lack of belief/disbelief, and Religion is a set of beliefs.

How the fuck can Atheism be a religion if it doesn't have set of beliefs? I'm not Atheist, but sir, you're a fucking retard.

How does the definition not say belief: "1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God."

There you go again with the character assassinations. Read the definition.

Smiley

Why do you cherrypick definitions, because you left out the 2nd part, "2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings."? In other fields what you're doing would be scamming. Furthermore, the definition of Religion is a set of beliefs. Even if you believe Atheism has 1 belief(That is the disbelief of God(s)), it still cannot in any way, constitute as a Religion, as the definition of Religion is a set of beliefs.

If you can't understand that, then there is no hope for you.

Definition of Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Definition of Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Atheism is not a religion, as shown by the definitions of each word.

Definition of religion according to dictionary.reference.com: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:

Definition of atheism according to dictionary.reference.com: the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Do you notice anything? Notice how a religion is made up by a set of beliefs concerning abstract and empirical things. Notice how Atheism is a single belief in the disbelief that there is no God, therefore no matter how you look at it, Atheism is not and cannot be a religion.

So you've just proved me right again, it doesn't matter what dictionary you use. Two dictionaries we've looked at it and they show that Atheism is not a religion. Are you going to continue arguing? If so, I'll be done here as I don't want to waste time posting to trolls and idiots such as yourself.

Disbelief is exactly the thing that I am explaining about here. Disbelief has to do with lack of realization about something. since I am showing the "something" here, there can be no more disbelief. rather, there is agenda and obstinance.

Smiley

Are you stupid? Lack of something=nothing, therefore there cannot be "something here" for you to show. So exactly what are you talking about?

It is becoming more and more apparent that atheism is becoming your religion, like all of the other adamant atheists.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 07:19:48 AM

You are right...My blood pressure's probably risen from this. Gosh, it's to no further use arguing with that guy.
One can't have a discussion with someone as deluded as that. They will protect their point in any possible (wrong) way. Some people aren't that smart, thus they protect something like that even though they are wrong.
Admitting to being wrong is painful for some.

You should just put him on your ignore list.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:35:14 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 08:10:19 AM by cryptodevil

You should just put him on your ignore list.

Sage advice. BADecker's dishonesty when it comes to his grossly fallacious theist argument is even worse than Black Jaguar, a loon who believes himself to be part of some inter-dimensional pan-galactic space federation. As in, actually believes it to be true. Not kidding.

When your theism prompts you to be so blatantly dishonest to the degree you are a worse human being than a guy who actually is living in a certifiably delusional state, you're not exactly showing your faith to be the pious and holy belief system you claim it to be.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:14:23 AM

Can a mod please perm ban BADecker for trolling. It's not funny and it's really annoying. I think it's pretty obvious by now, since he hasn't directly responded to any of the information I've said, yet continues to argue baseless "points". Trolls like that just subtract from this forum.

Wow! You can't stop me from showing the truth. So now you want the mods to do it? And the funny part is, you aren't even one of those who is directly affected by the atheism question. What exactly is your real agenda?

Smiley

Sounds like a muslim.. LOL

Dude.. We dont pray. we dont care about your  religion aslong as it doesnt hurt anyone.
You can plray all you want, we dont.

I believe in what is prooved, and I dont really care about it.
I got better things to do with my life than sit around and pray and thank someone who isnt there.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 09:46:40 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 09:57:27 AM by BADecker

Is atheism a religion? From http://creation.com/atheism-a-religion:
Atheism will be defined in the contemporary western sense: not just the lack of belief in a god, but the assertion about the non-existence of any gods, spirits, or divine or supernatural beings. Atheists in this sense are metaphysical naturalists, and as will be shown, they DO follow a religion.

Conclusion

Atheists often claim that their belief is not a religion. This allows them to propagate their beliefs in settings where other religions are banned, but this should not be so.

Contemporary Western Atheism unquestionably has six of the seven dimensions of religion set forth by Smart, and the remaining dimension, ritual, has also started to develop. Thus it’s fallacious to assert, “Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair colour”. Perhaps a better analogy would be calling a shaved head a ‘hairstyle’. Other than the denial of the divine, there is little difference between Atheism and other worldviews typically labelled as religions.

The dichotomy that Atheists try to create between science and religion is false. The conflict is between interpretations of science coming from different religious worldviews.

Atheism shouldn’t be taught or enforced in settings where other religions are banned and shouldn’t be favoured by laws which imply a religiously neutral government.

Google "Is atheism a religoin?" to see the pros and cons.

Smiley

EDIT: I still think that atheists hate religion because atheism is proving to be a religion, and they know it. Possibly the greatest way atheism is proving to be a religion lies in the fact that most of the universe is proving to be evidence in favor of the existence of God.

Who knows why atheists don't like the idea there being a God? Probably it is the "me first" idea. If there is a God, mankind can't be first, and this hurts the atheistic pride.

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:26:04 AM

Is atheism a religion? From http://creation.com/atheism-a-religion:
Atheism will be defined in the contemporary western sense: not just the lack of belief in a god, but the assertion about the non-existence of any gods, spirits, or divine or supernatural beings. Atheists in this sense are metaphysical naturalists, and as will be shown, they DO follow a religion.

Conclusion

Atheists often claim that their belief is not a religion. This allows them to propagate their beliefs in settings where other religions are banned, but this should not be so.

Contemporary Western Atheism unquestionably has six of the seven dimensions of religion set forth by Smart, and the remaining dimension, ritual, has also started to develop. Thus it’s fallacious to assert, “Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair colour”. Perhaps a better analogy would be calling a shaved head a ‘hairstyle’. Other than the denial of the divine, there is little difference between Atheism and other worldviews typically labelled as religions.

The dichotomy that Atheists try to create between science and religion is false. The conflict is between interpretations of science coming from different religious worldviews.

Atheism shouldn’t be taught or enforced in settings where other religions are banned and shouldn’t be favoured by laws which imply a religiously neutral government.

I'm so glad you sourced us a completely unbiased website such as creation.com.

LOL Cheesy

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 10:42:20 AM

LOL Cheesy
The better question is why aren't you ignoring him?

Sage advice. BADecker's dishonesty when it comes to his grossly fallacious theist argument is even worse than Black Jaguar, a loon who believes himself to be part of some inter-dimensional pan-galactic space federation. As in, actually believes it to be true. Not kidding.

When your theism prompts you to be so blatantly dishonest to the degree you are a worse human being than a guy who actually is living in a certifiably delusional state, you're not exactly showing your faith to be the pious and holy belief system you claim it to be.

Well this helps us focus more on the actual discussion. He often hijacks threads with religious nonsense. What he's saying is that Atheism is a religion; so atheists hate themselves according to the thread title.
This makes a lot of sense to me.  Roll Eyes

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:49:42 AM

LOL Cheesy

I'm trying, really I am. It's like a train crash, you don't want to look, but you just can't seem to turn your head away.
Remember "The Dank Show"?
Now it's "The BADecker Show".

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:11:46 AM

LOL Cheesy

I'm trying, really I am. It's like a train crash, you don't want to look, but you just can't seem to turn your head away.

Don't feel too bad about it.  I think the reason people keep engaging BADecker is because they actually care to try to prevent someone continuing on such a profoundly deluded path.  This differs drastically from BADecker who doesn't seem to care one way or another whether someone believes in the truth or if he/she might go to hell.  He's just gleeful from thinking he's right, and that's about it.

I really wonder though, how many Christians and theists would need to tell BADecker he's delusional in order for him to start wondering whether he's wrong?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:12:25 PM

LOL Cheesy

Don't feel too bad about it.  I think the reason people keep engaging BADecker is because they actually care to try to prevent someone continuing on such a profoundly deluded path.  This differs drastically from BADecker who doesn't seem to care one way or another whether someone believes in the truth or if he/she might go to hell.  He's just gleeful from thinking he's right, and that's about it.

I really wonder though, how many Christians and theists would need to tell BADecker he's delusional in order for him to start wondering whether he's wrong?

Now, now, jointy, baby. The fact that you, a knowledgeable proponent of good logic, joins in the character assassinations, simply proves that you are not as knowledgeable as you suggest.

If the dictionary definitions were not there, and if there was no corroboration from others (websites), perhaps I would be delusional. But now, since you are joining in attack against the truth of atheism being religion, in the face of all the evidence that it IS religion, you are discrediting yourself.

Wake up and see that the largest reason that atheists hate religion is that they don't want religion to exist, but that they realize in their hearts that the more they fight for this, the more they turn atheism into a religion. It's in the definitions of the words, and the fact that nature highly suggests that there is a God.

Smiley

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:00:24 PM

<stuff> joins in the character assassinations <more stuff>

What character assassinations?
I can only see some home truths being said.

the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:48:58 PM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 10:35:02 PM by the joint

LOL Cheesy

Don't feel too bad about it.  I think the reason people keep engaging BADecker is because they actually care to try to prevent someone continuing on such a profoundly deluded path.  This differs drastically from BADecker who doesn't seem to care one way or another whether someone believes in the truth or if he/she might go to hell.  He's just gleeful from thinking he's right, and that's about it.

Now, now, jointy, baby. The fact that you, a knowledgeable proponent of good logic, joins in the character assassinations, simply proves that you are not as knowledgeable as you suggest.

If the dictionary definitions were not there, and if there was no corroboration from others (websites), perhaps I would be delusional. But now, since you are joining in attack against the truth of atheism being religion, in the face of all the evidence that it IS religion, you are discrediting yourself.

Wake up and see that the largest reason that atheists hate religion is that they don't want religion to exist, but that they realize in their hearts that the more they fight for this, the more they turn atheism into a religion. It's in the definitions of the words, and the fact that nature highly suggests that there is a God.

Smiley

Lol It's not even character assassination, dummy ("dummy" is character assassination; the rest is not...see the difference?)

I can't comprehend what you say anymore.  Sorry.  Meaningless garbage, and convincing you of it is an act of futility.
kneim
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:55:27 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 07:26:22 PM by kneim

I'm atheist and believe in the last judgement. I can accept any peaceably religion, the cristian religion maybe too.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:56:54 PM

Hey BADecker, thrown any rocks at gays lately?
Tell you what, why not pop over to my house. I've got two gay tortoises trying to hump each other at the moment. Why not put a smile on Gods face and smash their sinning heads in with an iron bar?
Win win situation. You release some of that anger, kill two creatures for sinning and please God all at the same time.
Gods work.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 22, 2015, 12:41:24 AM

Hey BADecker, thrown any rocks at gays lately?
Tell you what, why not pop over to my house. I've got two gay tortoises trying to hump each other at the moment. Why not put a smile on Gods face and smash their sinning heads in with an iron bar?
Win win situation. You release some of that anger, kill two creatures for sinning and please God all at the same time.
Gods work.

You poor little guy. I feel so sad for you. Such a burden of pain you bear, deep within your soul. I can only feel compassion for you in your great pain. Perhaps someday someone will find a way to ease your hurt.

Cry

jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 03:59:51 PM

Because believing in something without evidence is idiotic.

All religions are nothing more than scams preying on stupid people.

Same applies to atheists who believe that all the wrong done in this world is because of religion and their belief in God. For them, evil people are evil because of religion. They say that because they get abused by people who are theists (although it's wrong that those people abuse them and they are bad people) but that doesn't mean that those bad people do the same because of their belief. They are just plain bad/evil.

It's not that theists 'do evil' that leads people to believe religion is the problem, but that the theists who 'do evil' seek to use religion as a justification or excuse that leads to that conclusion. I agree that theists who do bad things don't do so because of their religion, unless they tell you this to be the case by trying to cite the bible or religious tradition as a justification for their actions. In those cases, I'd say the conclusion is quite warranted.

ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2015, 05:05:33 PM

The thing that most people don't seem to realize is that a religion is really just a belief system, nothing more. Every human rely on some belief system, whether there be a God involved or not. So you could say everyone is religious, the only thing that separates people is numbers. The guy who has his own personal belief system is not considered religious while millions that adhere to the same system are.
jaysabi
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1115

★777Coin.com★ Fun BTC Casino!

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 06:11:04 PM

The thing that most people don't seem to realize is that a religion is really just a belief system, nothing more. Every human rely on some belief system, whether there be a God involved or not. So you could say everyone is religious, the only thing that separates people is numbers. The guy who has his own personal belief system is not considered religious while millions that adhere to the same system are.

There difference between a belief and a religion is that a religion has ritualistic behavior that is oriented around the belief. As in, believe in XYZ, pray in this specific way, etc, otherwise you won't be granted eternal rewards.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: