Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 05:59:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:30:00 PM

Or what's happens if the devil has been tricking all the religious folk all along.
Atheists will have the last laugh then.

but its quite scary to think we were wrong and will burn in hell.

It not remotely scary. This burning in hell thing is a ploy used by the church to increase their followers. Wise people ignore it.
Just enjoy life and stop worrying about your inevitable death. You can't stop it, it's as natural as eating, breathing etc, so why worry?

yeah i do agree it has yet to be proven. but all religion speaks of hell as burning fire. all religion even tho they have their differences and beliefs speaks about the same subject, im not saying they are right or they are wrong. but its just a thought i wanted to point out.

i do agree with you, death is inevitable.

Fear is a tired and tested method of recruiting new members. Ask Hitler. Ask ISIS. Ask the church.

It works.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zeeshsnrehman2

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:42:45 PM

Or what's happens if the devil has been tricking all the religious folk all along.
Atheists will have the last laugh then.

but its quite scary to think we were wrong and will burn in hell.

It not remotely scary. This burning in hell thing is a ploy used by the church to increase their followers. Wise people ignore it.
Just enjoy life and stop worrying about your inevitable death. You can't stop it, it's as natural as eating, breathing etc, so why worry?

yeah i do agree it has yet to be proven. but all religion speaks of hell as burning fire. all religion even tho they have their differences and beliefs speaks about the same subject, im not saying they are right or they are wrong. but its just a thought i wanted to point out.

i do agree with you, death is inevitable.

Fear is a tired and tested method of recruiting new members. Ask Hitler. Ask ISIS. Ask the church.

It works.

we all fear something in some way. the only thing that tickles my mind when i hear something or see something is what if, thats what gave me the mind i have today. critical thinking. always a what if situation. am glad am like that.

and you forgot to say : ask the mainstream media, ask the govt

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1074532.msg11485808#msg11485808

Summary - Mr.Bean 2.0   Picture/Text
Name:   Mr.Bean 2.0
Activity:   0
Position:   Brand new
Date Registered:   Today at 12:48:26 AM
Last Active:   Today at 12:54:08 AM
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 12:40:58 AM

but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?
Lots of things, but none of them will involve you. The universe keeps spinning totally indifferent to your existence, as if you never existed at all.

The universe won't care, and you won't care either. Only your loved ones will be affected.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:39:20 AM

but i would like to ask to an atheist what happens after death?
Lots of things, but none of them will involve you. The universe keeps spinning totally indifferent to your existence, as if you never existed at all.

The universe won't care, and you won't care either. Only your loved ones will be affected.

what happens to YOU. not the universe because thats obvious

cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:05:11 AM

We didn't exist before our brain existed, therefore there is no justifiable reason to believe we exist after our brain ceases functioning.

If you want to suggest otherwise then it is your responsibility to present sufficient evidence to support your claim.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:13:02 AM

We didn't exist before our brain existed, therefore there is no justifiable reason to believe we exist after our brain ceases functioning.

If you want to suggest otherwise then it is your responsibility to present sufficient evidence to support your claim.

no need to make it personal about gathering claims and proofs when you know that its not possible to know what happens after death.. it was just a question that i believe not just me have asked about it... ive asked what you think happens thats all

Scream

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:14:09 AM

We don't hate religion we just think that many people who have religion push their beliefs on others (ex. pilgrims Hitler the people who landed in South America etc.). it IS a cause of war, violence, and such, but so is everything else. i think religion is uncertain and no one should claim to know because that just causes arguments (agnostic). I think that many problems are caused by religion, I do however, encourage people to have their own way of thinking. MY only problem is when people start pushing their opinions on me. that is MY personal opinion, you may have your own, she may think this, he may think that, and if you are trying to convince me of some mythical creature, shut the hell up. One of my friends earlier today said, "You don't believe in God, get a life." I didn't say anything, but i was thinking wtf. I see the irony in the fact that there are plenty of people out there willing to cause harm for their religion, when the situation is as you put it, "When most religions are against such things," but many religions who believe these things have their share of violence. Hitler for example. He WAS Catholic and how did that turn out? Yeah. Not so well. I do admit that some Atheists can be rather critical, but I do agree with the first commenter, you do sometimes make it easy to criticize....
To put it plain and simple, I share the same opinion as seasnake, to some extent. It has caused much harm.
zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:16:31 AM

We don't hate religion we just think that many people who have religion push their beliefs on others (ex. pilgrims Hitler the people who landed in South America etc.). it IS a cause of war, violence, and such, but so is everything else. i think religion is uncertain and no one should claim to know because that just causes arguments (agnostic). I think that many problems are caused by religion, I do however, encourage people to have their own way of thinking. MY only problem is when people start pushing their opinions on me. that is MY personal opinion, you may have your own, she may think this, he may think that, and if you are trying to convince me of some mythical creature, shut the hell up. One of my friends earlier today said, "You don't believe in God, get a life." I didn't say anything, but i was thinking wtf. I see the irony in the fact that there are plenty of people out there willing to cause harm for their religion, when the situation is as you put it, "When most religions are against such things," but many religions who believe these things have their share of violence. Hitler for example. He WAS Catholic and how did that turn out? Yeah. Not so well. I do admit that some Atheists can be rather critical, but I do agree with the first commenter, you do sometimes make it easy to criticize....
To put it plain and simple, I share the same opinion as seasnake, to some extent. It has caused much harm.

i totally agree with you. i dont believe in forcing religion on someone who does not believe in it. what i find interesting tho is sharing thoughts with people who are opposite of my thoughts, its a very nice way to learn the psychology of the mind. and since i love talking ....

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:42:12 AM

After all this time, and you haven't started to think yet. You still use the same stupidity to try to cloud issues. Or else you still think that somebody will be clouded by the same stupidity. Here's what I mean.

You are the one who stated that "we didn't exist before our brain existed." Now prove that, rather than trying to get others to prove the opposite.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:45:04 AM

i totally agree with you. i dont believe in forcing religion on someone who does not believe in it. what i find interesting tho is sharing thoughts with people who are opposite of my thoughts, its a very nice way to learn the psychology of the mind. and since i love talking ....

Absolutely right. Nobody should push his religion onto anyone else, neither Christians theirs, nor Muslims theirs, nor Buddhists theirs, nor atheists theirs, etc.  In other words, get atheism out of the schools.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:48:41 AM

So I see 2 threads of why islam hates people or why people hate Islam. I dont see the point of such a mundane debate based on religion any debate for or against religion would be stupid. Either you are stupid to believe what a prophet / god / divine entity said or you are stupid enough to believe you can change the minds of the bleak minded people who follow such a prophet / god / divine entity.

But since its fun let me initiate my own brand of 'why do' topic.

WHY DO ATHEISTS (like me) HATE RELIGION ?

Seriously what has to happen in a person's life for them to seriously give up hope on the one true everlasting brand (of religion) which their ancestors have followed for generations.

Everyone has their own story even I have mine, so lets hear some of it.

when people with strongly held beliefs hate; Atheists hate religious people for the very same reasons as religious people hate atheists.. each side thinks they have seen the light and that the other is living in ignorance. Atheists can see no point in living a life believing in something that doesn't exist and religious people see no point in living a life where something bigger than themselves doesn't exist.

in essence one thinks that god is pointless and the other thinks that a life without god is pointless.

And that is why they don't tend to get along lol...

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:51:15 AM

Absolutely right. Nobody should push his religion onto anyone else, neither Christians theirs, nor Muslims theirs, nor Buddhists theirs, nor atheists theirs, etc.  In other words, get atheism out of the schools.

Smiley

decker, why so much hate? how do you expect people to take you seriously in propagating your faith if you cannot accept other people's choice?

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:59:20 AM

no need to make it personal about gathering claims and proofs when you know that its not possible to know what happens after death.. it was just a question that i believe not just me have asked about it... ive asked what you think happens thats all

LOL! Where did I make it 'personal'? Hah! I simply replied to your question with a reasoned answer and reminded you that anything outside of that answer would require valid evidence.

How is that making it 'personal'?

Here's how you make it personal, while still being factual:

Quote from: DishonestFundieBADecker
After all this time, and you haven't started to think yet. You still use the same stupidity to try to cloud issues. Or else you still think that somebody will be clouded by the same stupidity. Here's what I mean.

You are the one who stated that "we didn't exist before our brain existed." Now prove that, rather than trying to get others to prove the opposite.

Let's see now, you big ol' dishonest fundamentalist theist, you, I have asserted something based on the facts we do have, namely, there is no data, nor is there any reasonable explanation of mechanism, which supports our existing prior to the biological development of our brain, so my assertion is reasonable and, what's more, for you to suggest otherwise requires *you* to present evidence that our 'self' exists prior to the biological development of our brain.

Do you see how simple this is? No need for complex hypothesis with quantum-entanglement-magic, simply the undeniable fact that there is no evidence to support the notion that we exist outside of our brain's existence.

But this won't matter to you, what with fundie's apparently suffering from such immense intellectual dishonesty that they stop being able to consider the fact that, while they make herculean efforts to compartmentalise the inconvenience of facts, those outside of their bubble-of-dishonesty *do* in fact see them wriggling and writhing in desperate contortions and outright lies to keep their self-scam going.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:06:22 AM

Smiley

decker, why so much hate? how do you expect people to take you seriously in propagating your faith if you cannot accept other people's choice?

Hmmm. That's a good question. I haven't thought about it for a long while. I guess I couldn't find enough hate in myself to understand the importance of thinking about it.

Smiley

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:12:30 AM

LOL! Where did I make it 'personal'? Hah! I simply replied to your question with a reasoned answer and reminded you that anything outside of that answer would require valid evidence.

How is that making it 'personal'?

Here's how you make it personal, while still being factual:

Quote from: DishonestFundieBADecker

Let's see now, you big ol' dishonest fundamentalist theist, you, I have asserted something based on the facts we do have, namely, there is no data, nor is there any reasonable explanation of mechanism, which supports our existing prior to the biological development of our brain, so my assertion is reasonable and, what's more, for you to suggest otherwise requires *you* to present evidence that our 'self' exists prior to the biological development of our brain.

Do you see how simple this is? No need for complex hypothesis with quantum-entanglement-magic, simply the undeniable fact that there is no evidence to support the notion that we exist outside of our brain's existence.

But this won't matter to you, what with fundie's apparently suffering from such immense intellectual dishonesty that they stop being able to consider the fact that, while they make herculean efforts to compartmentalise the inconvenience of facts, those outside of their bubble-of-dishonesty *do* in fact see them wriggling and writhing in desperate contortions and outright lies to keep their self-scam going.

Chuckle de chuckle.

You know that there isn't any evidence that shows that we didn't exist before our brains did. However, it is common knowledge that inside the fallopian tube our bodies existed before our brains started forming. Science is trying to suggest that the connection between the inorganic and life has to do with life existing in all things, if only in an extremely limited way. So, there you have it. We existed before our brains formed, and even modern science is suggesting this.

Smiley

zeeshsnrehman2

Where is Teddy?

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:12:37 AM

Smiley

Hmmm. That's a good question. I haven't thought about it for a long while. I guess I couldn't find enough hate in myself to understand the importance of thinking about it.

Smiley

then why cant you accept someone else has a different religion, and atheist have no religion, but we are all human. why do you feel the need to tell on almost all post concerning religion that if you dont become christian there is no salvation for you

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:20:50 AM

Smiley

Smiley

then why cant you accept someone else has a different religion, and atheist have no religion, but we are all human. why do you feel the need to tell on almost all post concerning religion that if you dont become christian there is no salvation for you

Now I understand where you are coming from.

First, according to the dictionary definitions of the words "religion" and "atheism," atheism is a religion. It simply isn't a religion in the same sense, and the same way, that Christianity and Islam and Buddhism are. However, Christianity is much more like Islam than either of them are like Buddhism.

As far as me expressing Christianity as the only way, it's like this. People who don't believe in Jesus salvation are going to Hell. I love all people, so I don't want any of them to go to Hell. When I tell them about Jesus salvation, there is a chance that they will change and start to believe in Jesus salvation and be saved, and go to Heaven. If they don't, and if they become angry instead, Oh well. They are still going to Hell just like before. At least there was a chance if I told them, but little chance if they didn't hear it.

Smiley

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:36:22 AM

What has this:
You know that there isn't any evidence that shows that we didn't exist before our brains did.

Got to do with this:
However, it is common knowledge that inside the fallopian tube our bodies existed before our brains started forming.

That our body is formed prior to our brain doesn't serve as a rebuttal to the point I made.

We are not our arms and legs, we exist in the firings of our neurons, so how does your point serve, well, your point?

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:59:12 AM

What has this:
You know that there isn't any evidence that shows that we didn't exist before our brains did.

Got to do with this:
However, it is common knowledge that inside the fallopian tube our bodies existed before our brains started forming.

That our body is formed prior to our brain doesn't serve as a rebuttal to the point I made.

We are not our arms and legs, we exist in the firings of our neurons, so how does your point serve, well, your point?

That's right. We are our life. And the higher forms of us, our selves, become consciousness. Our life is there before our brains form. We are there.

Smiley

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:06:19 AM

That's right. We are our life. And the higher forms of us, our selves, become consciousness. Our life is there before our brains form. We are there.

Wow. Much warped twisting of reality.

Let me humour your infantile assertion for a minute.

Even if you want to insist that the initial cell-division and replication that takes place at fertilization, be considered as 'life', where is the evidence that we exist as a 'self' before that point?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: