Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:58:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitfloor needs your help!  (Read 177384 times)
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:15:27 AM

I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear that people are having their money seized by Bitfloor once again.

What money seized?  bitfloor has paid out BTC withdraw requests and has paid out ACH withdraw requests yesterday.  We will see in 48 hours if they are paying out current ACH withdraw requests.

So what seized money are you talking about?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:20:28 AM

I am shocked, SHOCKED to hear that people are having their money seized by Bitfloor once again.

What money seized?  bitfloor has paid out BTC withdraw requests and has paid out ACH withdraw requests yesterday.  We will see in 48 hours if they are paying out current ACH withdraw requests.

How about the money you gained at my expense by getting a preferential payout from the last 'hack'?

When I tried to sell to a third party Roman specifically intervened and said that BTC owed were not transferable.  Yet you were able to sell your bad debt off.

No wonder you are such a fan of this failed business.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 02:22:34 AM

I certainly won't touch a US-based bitcoin exchange ever. Until the trust factor has been built up over time.

So, where do you trade at if not Bitfloor or MtGox (which is moving US portion into US)?
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:24:09 AM

Months later; what is the feeling about Bitfloor now?
I use Bitfloor, but my money never stays on the exchange for more than the few minutes it takes between when the LocalTill deposit clears, I execute a market order, and withdraw bitcoins to my own wallet.
This is why.

Not to single out Bitfloor though. This is the same policy I use for any exchange.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 02:24:56 AM

How about the money you gained at my expense by getting a preferential payout from the last 'hack'?

What? What was that about? Can you elaborate please?
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 02:32:47 AM

When I tried to sell to a third party Roman specifically intervened and said that BTC owed were not transferable.  Yet you were able to sell your bad debt off.

Stop spreading lies.  I transferred rights to the debt but the balance is still on my account.  Roman didn't help, he told me the exact smae thing (a mistake IMHO).  When bitfloor makes a payment, it posts to my account,  I contact the buyer and forward the funds to him.  You could have done the exact same thing, nothing prevented you.  The fact that you lack imagination falls on you nobody else.

Keep your slander to yourself.  Of course this has nothing to do with your current lie/FUD.  Nothing has been seized by bitfloor.  BTC withdrawals have been paid.  ACH withdrawals are in progress.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 02:38:12 AM

Oh! You think that no one was able to pull their debt Bitcoin out, but DeathAndTaxes got preferential treatment and Bitfloor allowed him to pull his portion of the stolen coins out?
Yeah, trust me, that's not what happened. Bitfloor did not give any special treatment to anyone.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2013, 03:41:25 AM

What money seized?  bitfloor has paid out BTC withdraw requests and has paid out ACH withdraw requests yesterday.  We will see in 48 hours if they are paying out current ACH withdraw requests.

When I tried to sell to a third party Roman specifically intervened and said that BTC owed were not transferable.  Yet you were able to sell your bad debt off.

Stop spreading lies.  I transferred rights to the debt but the balance is still on my account.  Roman didn't help, he told me the exact smae thing (a mistake IMHO).  When bitfloor makes a payment, it posts to my account,  I contact the buyer and forward the funds to him.  You could have done the exact same thing, nothing prevented you.  The fact that you lack imagination falls on you nobody else.

Keep your slander to yourself.  Of course this has nothing to do with your current lie/FUD.  Nothing has been seized by bitfloor.  BTC withdrawals have been paid.  ACH withdrawals are in progress.

Entropy lying?  I am SHOCKED!  SHOCKED I SAY!  It's not like he doesn't have a history of it or anything...

But anyway... what happens to the debut that's till owed?  I have some active BTC in my account, I expect it will be paid out.. but what about the 288 BTC that's still on "hold" ?  Goes poof I assume?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1011

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 03:49:59 AM

What money seized?  bitfloor has paid out BTC withdraw requests and has paid out ACH withdraw requests yesterday.  We will see in 48 hours if they are paying out current ACH withdraw requests.

When I tried to sell to a third party Roman specifically intervened and said that BTC owed were not transferable.  Yet you were able to sell your bad debt off.

Josh;
I am not sure you should be calling anyone a liar.   Are you too busy shipping product to your disappointed customers to be on here?   Or, did you finish all your shipping last week?   Or do you only ship NEXT WEEK?
You are a real POS.

Stop spreading lies.  I transferred rights to the debt but the balance is still on my account.  Roman didn't help, he told me the exact smae thing (a mistake IMHO).  When bitfloor makes a payment, it posts to my account,  I contact the buyer and forward the funds to him.  You could have done the exact same thing, nothing prevented you.  The fact that you lack imagination falls on you nobody else.

Keep your slander to yourself.  Of course this has nothing to do with your current lie/FUD.  Nothing has been seized by bitfloor.  BTC withdrawals have been paid.  ACH withdrawals are in progress.

Entropy lying?  I am SHOCKED!  SHOCKED I SAY!  It's not like he doesn't have a history of it or anything...

But anyway... what happens to the debut that's till owed?  I have some active BTC in my account, I expect it will be paid out.. but what about the 288 BTC that's still on "hold" ?  Goes poof I assume?

muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:30:36 AM

I certainly won't touch a US-based bitcoin exchange ever. Until the trust factor has been built up over time.

So, where do you trade at if not Bitfloor or MtGox (which is moving US portion into US)?

Bitstamp, Bitcoin.de, BTC-e, etc I assume.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 06:37:09 AM

Bitstamp, Bitcoin.de, BTC-e, etc I assume.

I have been happy with Bitstamp.

more or less retired.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:04:04 PM

pot, meet kettle,  kettle, pot

you two should have a lot to talk about

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2013, 05:47:45 PM

I also am curious about the status of the BTC debt?

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
ivanc

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:48:03 PM

People who think the debt should be payed in Bitcoin are completely non-sensical.
The debt equals to the value of the holdings at the time of the hack.
This value can be denominated in USD, BTC or whatever reserve of value.
For example, if you want to denominate the debt in USD, the value equals the USD equivalent at the time of the hack corrected with the inflation rate since the time of the hack + interest rate.
If you want to denominate the debt in BTC, you have to correct the value of the holdings at the time of the hack with the inflation rate of BTC since the time of the hack (as you know, for bitcoin this inflation rate is very negative).

I won't comment or correct all other non-sensical comments but some of you guys need a serious valuation course before posting here.
MPOE-PR

Merit: 522

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 04:32:08 PM

Lmao look who found his voice.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:25:00 AM

People who think the debt should be payed in Bitcoin are completely non-sensical.
The debt equals to the value of the holdings at the time of the hack.
This value can be denominated in USD, BTC or whatever reserve of value.
For example, if you want to denominate the debt in USD, the value equals the USD equivalent at the time of the hack corrected with the inflation rate since the time of the hack + interest rate.

I think you may be missing the investment potential part of the value. Also, if the debt was denominated in Argentine Pesos value, Bitfloor would only have to pay out 1/6th of the USD value now. So... why USD? And isn't "value" rather arbitrary?
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 12:28:03 AM

Roman posted in my thread that he wouldn't support any transfers, and killed any offers for the debt.

I'm pretty sure he posted that in DeathandTaxes's thread, too, so what's your point?

No one was willing to offer even pennies on the BTC at the time.

How is that Roman's or DeathandTaxes's fault?
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:49:01 PM

Roman posted in my thread that he wouldn't support any transfers, and killed any offers for the debt.

I'm pretty sure he posted that in DeathandTaxes's thread, too, so what's your point?

No one was willing to offer even pennies on the BTC at the time.

How is that Roman's or DeathandTaxes's fault?

Actually they had offers, but Roman is financially inept and in general mentally unprepared to lead any sort of venture. He may be able to code, but he needs to be an employee and obey management. He's unable to self manage.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 09:54:14 PM

Actually they had offers, but Roman is financially inept and in general mentally unprepared to lead any sort of venture. He may be able to code, but he needs to be an employee and obey management. He's unable to self manage.

Congrats on winning your Hindsight 20/20 prize. Have a gold star *

The topic at hand, though, is specifically offloading the debt that Bitfloor owed to you. In DeathandTaxes's case, Bitfloor owed him 200BTC, and although Bitfloor was not willing to do anything with the debt other than hold it on their books and attempt to repay it, Deathandtaxes was able to offload it to someone else in a private contract. Entropy just wasn't as lucky.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 10:11:48 AM

Congrats on winning your Hindsight 20/20 prize. Have a gold star *

The topic at hand, though, is specifically offloading the debt that Bitfloor owed to you. In DeathandTaxes's case, Bitfloor owed him 200BTC, and although Bitfloor was not willing to do anything with the debt other than hold it on their books and attempt to repay it, Deathandtaxes was able to offload it to someone else in a private contract. Entropy just wasn't as lucky.

Thanks for the hindsight gold star! I recall this thread about you selling out of BTC ~15 or w/e it was a month or so ago, so I guess of everyone in Bitcoin you might be the most highly qualified authority to dispense these.  Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: