Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 01:49:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC in your country  (Read 44478 times)
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1128

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:29:12 PM

I m from india and unfortunately  bitcoin is banned here. but people still use it here. may be if bitcoin was advertised well in here and if many people started using it then the government would approve bitcoin here.

How government do banning bitcoin there? Just block the bitcoin website or forbid you to do transaction with bitcoin? And how could you get access to bitcointalk?  Smiley I'm so curious about bitcoin development in other country. But, I think government will never accept bitcoin and if they do, you must pay the tax for that.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:34:06 PM

in the UK bitcoin is just not touched by the masses, Everyone I talk too about the subject just says, "oh that scam coin?" or " that's all set up by silk road" or the best one "It was just set up by smugglers to get large amounts of money moved about anonymously"

I try to educate, It's just shocking how many people believe the TV, without questioning anything  Shocked
desired_username

Activity: 881
Merit: 1013

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 03:42:57 PM

I try to educate, It's just shocking how many people believe the TV, without questioning anything  Shocked

In my experience it is the same everywhere. The pleb is not exploited without reason. They are fucking dumb.
u9y42
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 05:45:46 PM

I try to educate, It's just shocking how many people believe the TV, without questioning anything  Shocked

In my experience it is the same everywhere. The pleb is not exploited without reason. They are fucking dumb.

That's quite the over-generalization (and pretty unfair), isn't it?

Is it really surprising "the plebs", after a long day at work, have neither the time, nor the energy to look into what's going on behind each story they see on the news? Also, you can complain about people being "dumb", but what education are most of them actually receiving? Most countries don't have real education - only some inept training to pass tests and eventually get whatever job people can find.

And ultimately, this way of thinking seems counterproductive to me: giving up on the mass of people because they can't understand Bitcoin yet (or what other alternatives they have available to them) just ensures we limit ourselves to our own little bubble, and that the narrative they see on the mainstream media goes unchallenged.
Wolframite

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 06:39:06 PM

I m from india and unfortunately  bitcoin is banned here. but people still use it here. may be if bitcoin was advertised well in here and if many people started using it then the government would approve bitcoin here.

How government do banning bitcoin there? Just block the bitcoin website or forbid you to do transaction with bitcoin? And how could you get access to bitcointalk?  Smiley I'm so curious about bitcoin development in other country. But, I think government will never accept bitcoin and if they do, you must pay the tax for that.

As I did some research I found out that bitcoin is,not banned in india, its is just not legalized by the reserved bank of india(RBI). RBI has given instruction that people can use digital currency on their own risk. Also india has its own digital currency called "Laxmicoin" which is yet to be launched.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 07:58:51 PM

i come from a european country and i am working for a company of financial services. i put the bitcoin topic on the table several times but there was no big interest and i guess the very most of them don't own any bitcoins. The same holds to my private environment.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 10:32:55 PM

As I did some research I found out that bitcoin is,not banned in india, its is just not legalized by the reserved bank of india(RBI). RBI has given instruction that people can use digital currency on their own risk. Also india has its own digital currency called "Laxmicoin" which is yet to be launched.

Its like my country,our goverment not banned bitcoin but still not legalized anymore we dont using bitcoin for our transaction in a real life,but only on internet so we should converted to the fiat for doing a transaction
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:01:07 AM

Its like my country,our goverment not banned bitcoin but still not legalized anymore we dont using bitcoin for our transaction in a real life,but only on internet so we should converted to the fiat for doing a transaction
The best way now to use our bitcoin is save them in our cold storage. So maybe when it's become more popular than now, the price jump high than stabilize, many big company use it as their alternative payment method, we will use it to buy goods from internet, so maybe government will allowed bitcoin. But i think it's hard because many criminals use bitcoin and they ask ransom from their victim in bitcoin form Angry
Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:41:45 AM

Bitcoin in my country is becoming more and more popular. A lot of people know about bitcoin, but not a lot of people still invest, or trade with bitcoin. A lot of people think bitcoin is a very shady, and an unstable cryptocurrency. I know quite a few people around who still do though, like me, who still have faith in bitcoin. But, I think people now think of bitcoin as more of a prototype to cyptocurrency,and people are willing to invest in other coins to perfect this method of payment, instead of improving bitcoin. I certainly hope bitcoin can still have more and more people using it, and be in our everyday life.  Wink

real789

Activity: 294

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:50:18 AM

Indonesia The BIggest Exchange in Vip.bitcoin.co.id
and more people interesting to join Bitcoin comunity
also we meet and great once 1-2 month in every province

In my contry Bitcoin is Not Legal and not banned, we can trade, buy and sell in offline merchand with it but No tax payment

===Sempak===
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 05:40:25 AM

In my contry Bitcoin is Not Legal and not banned, we can trade, buy and sell in offline merchand with it but No tax payment
Also in my country, because its a great help to the people because it can give money and the rate of unemployed are decreasing every month.
real789

If you can't understand my post please report it

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 06:40:31 AM

Also in my country, because its a great help to the people because it can give money and the rate of unemployed are decreasing every month.

Some Gov not want to take risk to her folk, that why Bitcoin can be legal

===Sempak===
hasmukhh

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:31:50 AM

transactions are not allowed here by bitcoins. like if  we use bitcoin for bank transactions then they will ban our bank account .
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 07:40:20 AM

transactions are not allowed here by bitcoins. like if  we use bitcoin for bank transactions then they will ban our bank account .

then don't exchange them, use them directly to buy stuff, use services like all4btc, btc is not really meant to be dumped for everything you want to do with it

any ban is easy avoidable, you need to play your cards well

one thing i want to ask, besides bitcoin they banned all the other crypto as well? and if the answer is yes, how cna they know about future crypto? what if i create a new crypto that they don't know and i use that to buy stuff?
Wolframite

Activity: 96

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 08:22:10 AM

Bitcoin is not legal in India so it is not possible to transfer bitcoin directly to your bank account.. u have to use exchange services to transfer bitcoin to your bank ... u can use paypal or wire transfer or unocoin or localbitcoinslocalbitcoins

then don't exchange them, use them directly to buy stuff, use services like all4btc, btc is not really meant to be dumped for everything you want to do with it

one thing i want to ask, besides bitcoin they banned all the other crypto as well? and if the answer is yes, how cna they know about future crypto? what if i create a new crypto that they don't know and i use that to buy stuff?

None of cryptos are ban in india, they are just not legal... people can use,do mining,develope their own cryptos on their own risk

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 09:53:06 AM

how can it be both not legal and not banned at the same time?
does this mean that all bitcoin trades are done underground?
what is the sentence if you get caught?

Only Bitcoin
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2015, 10:14:10 AM

It is legal in my country afaik and I do know a few people who use bitcoins, some of them were introduced to it by me but they mostly use it for anonymous and easy gambling.

I have also met a few people online who live very close to my home and they buy/sell bitcoins and I use their services from time to time to purchase bitcoins. So to answer your questions OP I think it's not too developed atm but it's getting there slowly.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 10:43:13 AM

None of cryptos are ban in india, they are just not legal... people can use,do mining,develope their own cryptos on their own risk

it's not much different than banning, then, because if they were banned you can still use it but at your own risk

especially if you can still trade them
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 12:47:26 PM

It is legal in my country afaik and I do know a few people who use bitcoins, some of them were introduced to it by me but they mostly use it for anonymous and easy gambling.

I have also met a few people online who live very close to my home and they buy/sell bitcoins and I use their services from time to time to purchase bitcoins. So to answer your questions OP I think it's not too developed atm but it's getting there slowly.
More on in this forum the most people went to gambling site to gambled. But they didn't care about the investment or any methods to grow they coins. And i only know few people who using bitcoin and bitcoin help them financialy and also in knowledge.
hanomnom

Merit: 11

View Profile
June 13, 2015, 02:16:06 PM

I live in London UK and I know a few people who use cryptocurrency. Some are into just Bitcoin but I know others who go for Doge or Litecoin. Generally speaking though the mass population over here is just not ready for it yet. Most people tell me "there will always be some kind of physical money".

Only the future will tell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: