Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:01:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC in your country  (Read 44478 times)
harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 10:02:05 PM
Last edit: July 18, 2015, 10:33:42 PM by harrymmmm

i just hope the government support legalizing bitcoin

what country do you live?, because in some bitcoin is already vastly legalized, in a few countries is banned, like india thailand/taiwan ecc...

It is NOT, and never was, banned in Thailand.
All that happened was a risk-averse exchange here that closed up after a negative comment from a functionary in a government bank.

well you're wrong, or wiki is wrong, or they changed the rule since you quoted one of my very old msg on purpose for sig campaign

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country#Thailand

Yes, the wiki is wrong. The 'preliminary ruling' was something along the lines of a statemenmt that since there were no laws covering bitcoin it might be illegal.

I live in Thailand and I was here during the incident referred to. Only one business took any notice of that statement by the bank.

In fact, I'm told (unverified tho) that bank does not even have the power to ban bitcoin.

As to dredging up an old message, I don't consider last month to be very old.

edit: I made a subreddit for bitcoin in Thailand and the owner of the business in question came on to discuss this. An argument resulted between him and Goat (me standing sheepishly to the side). Believe whom you choose:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinThailand/comments/2ysqmh/exchanges/

foxbitcoin

Activity: 593
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 12:12:26 AM

in my country I believe more than 70% of the people here not know Bitcoin and most of the time, they only heard the bad news, so they scared to use it.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 01:57:39 AM

in my country Indonesia,
many are using bitcoin, many bitcoin group in Indonesia, possibly up to tens of thousands of members,
there is even an ATM bitcoin in bali, amazing is not it?

amazing. of course.
because, exchange bitcoins in indonesia (vip.bitcoin.co.id) has more than 64295 members
with daily trading around 100-200 btc
Yes its amazing because your country support bitcoin because they know that bitcoin can help greatly the economy of the indonesia, and its a great to hear that your country have an ATM bitcoin, from having that you won't need an internet connection or to sell your coins so that you can exchange it into fiat money.

hahaha you're right, bitcoin is very helpful for the economy in Indonesia, as the world knows Indonesia is not the developed countries, so bitcoin is very helpful for the people of Indonesia, especially for myself, I have 3 years working in bitcoin, and bitcoin can pay for my college costs ,

haha
ajun96

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 02:01:25 AM

in my country I believe more than 70% of the people here not know Bitcoin and most of the time, they only heard the bad news, so they scared to use it.

where do you live bro ?
is there initiators in your country ?
as in my country there is oscar darmawan, he was very influential to the course of bitcoin in Indonesia,
owner of vip.bitcoin.co.id
and originator of the ATM bitcoin in Indonesia
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 05:20:26 AM

hahaha you're right, bitcoin is very helpful for the economy in Indonesia, as the world knows Indonesia is not the developed countries, so bitcoin is very helpful for the people of Indonesia, especially for myself, I have 3 years working in bitcoin, and bitcoin can pay for my college costs ,

haha

Why do you think bitcoin is very helpful for economy in Indonesia? Yeah bitcoin has helped us, Indonesian people, but not Indonesia yet. Its still hard to recommend bitcoin, especially our family. Anyway its good to hear you can pay your college cost with bitcoin (I guess what you mean is fiat that be converted from your bitcoin). Good luck.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
ajun96

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:52:43 AM

haha

Why do you think bitcoin is very helpful for economy in Indonesia? Yeah bitcoin has helped us, Indonesian people, but not Indonesia yet. Its still hard to recommend bitcoin, especially our family. Anyway its good to hear you can pay your college cost with bitcoin (I guess what you mean is fiat that be converted from your bitcoin). Good luck.

I mean it, yeah thank you,
yes bitcoin help and some communities in Indonesia,
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:43:39 AM

in my country Indonesia,
many are using bitcoin, many bitcoin group in Indonesia, possibly up to tens of thousands of members,
there is even an ATM bitcoin in bali, amazing is not it?

amazing. of course.
because, exchange bitcoins in indonesia (vip.bitcoin.co.id) has more than 64295 members
with daily trading around 100-200 btc
Yes its amazing because your country support bitcoin because they know that bitcoin can help greatly the economy of the indonesia, and its a great to hear that your country have an ATM bitcoin, from having that you won't need an internet connection or to sell your coins so that you can exchange it into fiat money.

haha
Yes people thinks that but they didn't know what third world country can do, they think that third world countries are not developed or not interested country. But they don't know that people third world countries are so great, intelligent, industrious etc.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 11:58:57 AM

there's not much real action in my country (Portugal) around Bitcoin! There's some business that are accepting it and we already have an ATM.

However things are starting to take off and I'm willing to give my hard work to make it go beyond this!
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 09:42:15 PM

Brazil has a big problem before bitcoin the speed of internet are very very slow at some places they sell most packs limited then they reduce the speed ,unlimited packs arent famous yet ,companies here must upgrade their service then i can say we are ready to bitcoin,i know what im saying because im from Portugal and there connection is very much more fast then what i use today.
kostya.ash

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 12:04:48 AM

my country is in africa, how do you think about bitcoin in africa hahahahah
shane

Activity: 756

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 06:43:55 AM

bitcoin is good in india we can trade at here https://btcxindia.com/ Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 07:33:56 AM

from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKZ2avV6wlY

it does not seems that, in your country there is much usage in bitcoin, basically none is using it, i'm wrong?
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:55:35 AM

Brazil has a big problem before bitcoin the speed of internet are very very slow at some places they sell most packs limited then they reduce the speed ,unlimited packs arent famous yet ,companies here must upgrade their service then i can say we are ready to bitcoin,i know what im saying because im from Portugal and there connection is very much more fast then what i use today.
Well bitcoin and internet are two things that can't be separated. So where are you living now? Portugal or Brazil?

No surprise, there are many improvement in bitcoin there  Smiley  If you let me know, would you tell us what your country exactly is?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
harrymmmm

Activity: 576

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:17:30 PM

Well bitcoin and internet are two things that can't be separated.

Not exactly.

You could send a bitcoin via carrier pidgeon if necessary.
Bandwidth would be a bit low for a full node tho Smiley
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 01:37:22 PM

BTC is really popular in my country. Hardware wallet TREZOR is from my country too. Can you guess my country? Tongue
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:16:35 PM

Not exactly.

You could send a bitcoin via carrier pidgeon if necessary.
Bandwidth would be a bit low for a full node tho Smiley
Sounds risky then, some people will shoot your pigeon and get your money  Cheesy

BTC is really popular in my country. Hardware wallet TREZOR is from my country too. Can you guess my country? Tongue
Wow are you a Czech then? Seems your country is one of the best country in bitcoin development  Cheesy

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Somekindabitcoin

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 05:18:46 PM

Wow are you a Czech then? Seems your country is one of the best country in bitcoin development  Cheesy

GJ Tongue Like I said Bitcoin is popular here, so yeah.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 08:30:56 PM

well to be honest some parts of africa are very developed already ,and i know the internet and others services like europe and maybe a good option to you should be change country ,maybe Portugal that is developed and with great connections and with atm already installed and some projects running with bitcoins there.
bitcoinmar

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:10:34 PM

I personally believe India is one of top 5 countries in bitcoin because many members from there and its going to be very developed if we have some good solid back then we could be on top
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 09:59:26 PM

I personally believe India is one of top 5 countries in bitcoin because many members from there and its going to be very developed if we have some good solid back then we could be on top

1. United States
2. China/UK
3. UK/China
4. Canada
5. ? ? ?

I'd like to say that spot is taken by Indonesia. so let's agree to disagree. Cool
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: