Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:31:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382135 times)
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 07:37:11 AM

A very long time did not launch Sia. Wallet 0.3.3.3
Now it is not synchronized. I tried to export to 0.5.1, but requires a password. When you first start 0.3.3.3 wallet password is not specified. Where can I take it to access your coins?

Same thing happened to me, lost 3m coins which i paid for in BTC.

Nobody adressing this ?
3.3.3 is obsolete now if I am not mistaken

3.3.3 is obsolete, but a private key is a private key. It just needs to be imported over.

Now if you had a 0.3.3.1 wallet, IIRC those are gone. Those were an early trial and was not the current chain.

{ BitSpill }
economist2000

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:14:53 AM

When you say export to 0.5.1 do you mean click the "Import Legacy Wallet" button from in the 0.5.1 UI?

It's not explained the most clearly so this has led to some confusion and I have not done this myself. rather I'm only stating it from memory after seeing it in Slack...

1) Firstly backup everything.
2) If you haven't already initialize a new wallet in the 0.5.1 UI, it will give you a password/seed
2.5) Backup the new wallet/password/seed
3) Click Import Legacy Wallet, from 0.5.1 and select the old wallet file
4) Enter the password from step 2
5) Close and re open the UI
6) Profit???
1. +
2. +
2.5. +
3. + - from 0.3.3.3
4. - The password is not requested, balance = 0
5. +
6. Balance = 0
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:09:48 AM

The issue is with the directory it's being extracted to, it's a known issue.

Sia UI must be extracted to the C:/ drive and not put into a folder such as your desktop or downloads. When extracting click the extract button, do not drag and drop.

Thanks. I will give this a try.
wtman
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:00:31 PM

It crashed quite a bit, maybe it is just stabilization and getting ready for a steady rise. With StorJ at 2 mil market cap now, I see Sia Coin going there as well especially after the February roadmap is implemented. StorJ is still on an uptrend, lets see where it settles. It would indicate where the storage coins are going to end up. Anyway, this thread should be more about increasing coin usability and quality of service than price speculation so I just want to wish you well.
kprell40

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 12:52:03 PM

Hello All

Soon I will be installing a second hard drive. Is there a way to tell the wallet to use the second hard drive for storage?
 if not, it would be a good update for the next wallet.

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:03:18 PM

A very long time did not launch Sia. Wallet 0.3.3.3
Now it is not synchronized. I tried to export to 0.5.1, but requires a password. When you first start 0.3.3.3 wallet password is not specified. Where can I take it to access your coins?

Same thing happened to me, lost 3m coins which i paid for in BTC.

Nobody adressing this ?
3.3.3 is obsolete now if I am not mistaken

3.3.3 is obsolete, but a private key is a private key. It just needs to be imported over.

Now if you had a 0.3.3.1 wallet, IIRC those are gone. Those were an early trial and was not the current chain.
Ah, Thanks for clarifying  Wink

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
StinkyLover

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 10:57:46 PM

The issue is with the directory it's being extracted to, it's a known issue.

Sia UI must be extracted to the C:/ drive and not put into a folder such as your desktop or downloads. When extracting click the extract button, do not drag and drop.

Thanks. I will give this a try.

I am now fully sync'd and my balance is showing. Thanks! Grin
batboy

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:49:36 AM

Just got around to reading this article about Sia, surprised it hasn't been posted in here yet: http://blog.sia.tech/2015/07/08/the-dream-of-sia/
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:11:58 AM

Ill chime in on syncing here. For a few weeks or more I have been off and on trying to get 5.1 up to date. Of course I have another working wallet on another pc.
anyways after many many attempts, with little luck I did download the consensus file and that seemed to get things moving.

As of tonight after firing up this Sia, it finally and quickly reached correct block  Grin

Not sure why this is, but it is what it is lol

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:12:31 AM

Just got around to reading this article about Sia, surprised it hasn't been posted in here yet: http://blog.sia.tech/2015/07/08/the-dream-of-sia/

it was a while back ...

by the dev himself ...

#crysx

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:21:56 AM

Yes that is a great read for Sia and straight from the source.

Thanks for putting this in here for others to notice  Wink

batboy

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:23:38 AM

it was a while back ...

by the dev himself ...

#crysx

Are there any ways to find out about great coins like this? Or is it mostly done through the announcements section of this forum.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 04:34:04 AM

it was a while back ...

by the dev himself ...

#crysx

Are there any ways to find out about great coins like this? Or is it mostly done through the announcements section of this forum.

through research watson ... clean cut research ...

honestly - there is always talk about one project or another - but unless you actually make the effort to read through and research what the project is about - then you dont really give yourself a chance to make you own opinions ...

i do this with all the projects im involved in - whether it be just mining - watching - or helping ... i ALWAYS research the background and decipher what the likely outcome is going to be for the project - detailing the background of the project and who is involved ...

it is a time consuming effort - but those who dont research end up normally doing one of two things ... they either take what others say about the project as gospel - and walk away ( or stay - depending on whats said ) - OR - they will bag the project for being half cocked and half baked because things are 'not working' ... not fully understanding that a lot of these projects are 'works in progress' or 'wip' ...

david has put a huge amount of time and effort - along with his team - to make this a functional system ... let alone a growing project ...

but the research will show you that its been around for quite a while and that david and his team are more than equipped to see this project through ... to top things off - it has 'competing' projects currently underway - but sia is the only fully functional one - even with all its bugs and errors ( especially with the wallet ) ...

so when you ask the question about finding out about great coins like this - you will need to do all the research you can - only to realize its NOT about the coin at all ... the coin is just a vehicle to facilitate the project ...

so look for great 'projects' - and you will find your great coin ...

hope that helps narrow it down for you ...

#crysx

Arrakeen

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Offer escrow, receive negative trust

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:40:07 AM

it was a while back ...

by the dev himself ...

#crysx

honestly - there is always talk about one project or another - but unless you actually make the effort to read through and research what the project is about - then you dont really give yourself a chance to make you own opinions ...

i do this with all the projects im involved in - whether it be just mining - watching - or helping ... i ALWAYS research the background and decipher what the likely outcome is going to be for the project - detailing the background of the project and who is involved ...

it is a time consuming effort - but those who dont research end up doing one of two things normally ... they either take what others say about teh project as gospel - and walk away ( or stay - depending on whats said ) - OR - they will bag the project for being half cocked and half baked because things are 'not working' ... not fully understanding that a lot of these projects are works in progress ...

david has put a huge amount of time and effort - along with his team - to make this a functional system ... let alone a growing project ...

but the research will show you that its been around for quite a while and that david and his team are more than equipped to see this project through ... to top things off - it has 'competing' projects currently underway - but sia is the only fully functional one - even with all its bugs and errors ( especially with the wallet ) ...

so when you ask the question about finding out about great coins like this - you will need to do all the research you can - only to realize its NOT about the coin at all ... the coin is just a vehicle to facilitate the project ...

#crysx

While your post was biased towards SIA, I still give you a +1 for the good advice Wink

Always, always, always do your research; never jump straight in with a new coin because you'll likely get burnt.  Always consider both sides to an argument, however inclined you might be swayed to one side of it. 

Regarding the 'but the research will show you..' paragraph, which is what i was referring to when I said bias - I said that because no one outside the 'inner circle'/dev team/etc. will truly know what happens with a coin.  I might think an altcoin has a great team behind it; prestigious backers/devs, good roadmap/graphics(lol), slick design/website/etc., even join the team and chat with the members every day - but they'll still run off, take your money, and shift the blame so you're left thinking they're still legit. 

Proceed with utmost caution!
batboy

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:18:15 AM

it was a while back ...

by the dev himself ...

#crysx

it is a time consuming effort - but those who dont research end up normally doing one of two things ... they either take what others say about the project as gospel - and walk away ( or stay - depending on whats said ) - OR - they will bag the project for being half cocked and half baked because things are 'not working' ... not fully understanding that a lot of these projects are 'works in progress' or 'wip' ...

#crysx

I am of the same mind, brother. I also think research and a scientific approach is the way to go. I was just wondering if there were any other avenues besides bitcointalk forums that experienced people here might know about that others may not have heard of. Or do all the experienced ppl also do 80-90% of information of their research based on the links in the announcement threads on the bitcointalk forums(and whatever links that may be on the linked-to site in the [ANN] thread)?
kidyubyub

Activity: 440

http://taas.fund

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 05:19:24 AM

Mining from wallet, is the GPU memory minimum 2GB? Thanks in advance for any advice.

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:41:46 AM

I might think an altcoin has a great team behind it; prestigious backers/devs, good roadmap/graphics(lol), slick design/website/etc., even join the team and chat with the members every day - but they'll still run off, take your money, and shift the blame so you're left thinking they're still legit.
[/i]  

Sorta reminds ya of paycoin  Grin lol

IMO these devs and Nebulous Labs are good at what they do and have a real product here with a real purpose. Not to say this or any project couldn't collapse, but they have a lot invested in it on their end as well, I'm sure.

cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:44:37 AM

I might think an altcoin has a great team behind it; prestigious backers/devs, good roadmap/graphics(lol), slick design/website/etc., even join the team and chat with the members every day - but they'll still run off, take your money, and shift the blame so you're left thinking they're still legit.
[/i]  

Sorta reminds ya of paycoin  Grin lol

IMO these devs and Nebulous Labs are good at what they do and have a real product here with a real purpose. Not to say this or any project couldn't collapse, but they have a lot invested in it on their end as well, I'm sure.

there are rumors about huge amount investment to SIA team.

economist2000

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:43:41 AM

When you say export to 0.5.1 do you mean click the "Import Legacy Wallet" button from in the 0.5.1 UI?

It's not explained the most clearly so this has led to some confusion and I have not done this myself. rather I'm only stating it from memory after seeing it in Slack...

2) If you haven't already initialize a new wallet in the 0.5.1 UI, it will give you a password/seed
6) Profit???
1. +
2. +
2.5. +
3. + - from 0.3.3.3
5. +
6. Balance = 0

So, I can forget about your coins?
StinkyLover

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 09:11:27 AM

6) Profit???
1. +
2. +
2.5. +
3. + - from 0.3.3.3
5. +
6. Balance = 0

So, I can forget about your coins?

Try this:

1. Backup everything (you've done that already I think)
2. Copy the 0.3.3.3 Sia\resources\app\Sia\wallet directory to the same directory of the 0.5.1 beta version
3. Restart the wallet
4. If it asks for a password this time, enter your seed password

This is not scientific. It's the procedure I went through to move my sia install to c:\ as I wasn't prepared to touch the version in the wrong directory until I confirmed that the new location was working. I performed a brand new installation and then copied over the existing wallet directory and consensus.db. It worked for me so it might work for you.

I'm just thinking that with the typical QT wallet, moving the wallet file is what's important for keeping your addresses and balance. That's why I followed my procedure above
Pages: « 1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 [144] 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: