Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:14:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
elli123

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:06:44 AM

I might think an altcoin has a great team behind it; prestigious backers/devs, good roadmap/graphics(lol), slick design/website/etc., even join the team and chat with the members every day - but they'll still run off, take your money, and shift the blame so you're left thinking they're still legit.
[/i]  

Sorta reminds ya of paycoin  Grin lol

IMO these devs and Nebulous Labs are good at what they do and have a real product here with a real purpose. Not to say this or any project couldn't collapse, but they have a lot invested in it on their end as well, I'm sure.

there are rumors about huge amount investment to SIA team.

Rumours  Grin I gotta feeling that next week we will se many satoshis!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SyRenity

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:08:56 AM

How to see SiaFund balance in the 0.5 version?
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:09:31 AM

I might think an altcoin has a great team behind it; prestigious backers/devs, good roadmap/graphics(lol), slick design/website/etc., even join the team and chat with the members every day - but they'll still run off, take your money, and shift the blame so you're left thinking they're still legit.
[/i]  

IMO these devs and Nebulous Labs are good at what they do and have a real product here with a real purpose. Not to say this or any project couldn't collapse, but they have a lot invested in it on their end as well, I'm sure.

actually not rumors at all. you check slack   dev channel.
elli123

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:16:41 AM

[/i]  

Wonder what that would be. ..i am not selling my coins. That for sure!
cyberhacker
Legendary

Activity: 1330

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 11:47:13 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2016, 12:22:04 PM by cyberhacker

[/i]  

Rumours  Grin I gotta feeling that next week we will se many satoshis!

actually not rumors at all. you check slack   dev channel.

for NDA purpose, edited
elli123

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:19:02 PM

[/i]  

taek [1:03 AM]
later point -> now point :stuck_out_tongue:

[1:04]
we're in the process of raising money. It's a significant amount, should be settled by the end of Feb.

in-cred-u-lous [1:05 AM]
Good news! Will we see more devs etc moving beyond?

aladinsain [1:09 AM]
joined #dev

icebear [1:20 AM]
Very nice @taek :wink:

nemo [2:35 AM]
@in-cred-u-lous: Yes, we actually just interviewed a very promising candidate Smiley

Like the word Significant!
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 12:36:58 PM

Wow this is great news for the development of Sia  Smiley I had not heard of this. New investments are always good and a sign of true progress!

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MonsterZeroPrice

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:02:03 PM

I heard that many SIA platform users providing hdd space complain about not receiving their reward.

You argue that they get no reward if their uptime is below 100%. That is not right because everyone has problems with their online provider which cause downtime many times.  This is not the SIA users' fault.

You shoud think of changing that as soon as possible. Further I see no success of SIA because downtime of a decentralized structure will always be a problem because of the telecommunication companies.
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 01:11:36 PM

I heard that many SIA platform users providing hdd space complain about not receiving their reward.
Wow, your trust rating is well earned.
economist2000

Activity: 146

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:12:17 PM

Try this:

1. Backup everything (you've done that already I think)
2. Copy the 0.3.3.3 Sia\resources\app\Sia\wallet directory to the same directory of the 0.5.1 beta version
3. Restart the wallet
4. If it asks for a password this time, enter your seed password

This is not scientific. It's the procedure I went through to move my sia install to c:\ as I wasn't prepared to touch the version in the wrong directory until I confirmed that the new location was working. I performed a brand new installation and then copied over the existing wallet directory and consensus.db. It worked for me so it might work for you.

I'm just thinking that with the typical QT wallet, moving the wallet file is what's important for keeping your addresses and balance. That's why I followed my procedure above
Steps 1-4 I did before as written here for the first time. It does not work, since wallets 0.3.3.3 and 0.5.1 have different formats.
Wallet 0.5.1 ignores wallet files 0.3.3.3, as if they were not there. Then already I read about imports, but imports did not help.
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 02:36:54 PM

You argue that they get no reward if their uptime is below 100%. That is not right because everyone has problems with their online provider which cause downtime many times.  This is not the SIA users' fault.

You shoud think of changing that as soon as possible. Further I see no success of SIA because downtime of a decentralized structure will always be a problem because of the telecommunication companies.

Hence the redundance in storage places. Next great idea would be downtime tolerance, so retrying to contact host for payments several times and then sending revard according to uptime percentage recordable. 50% downtimes detected ... 1/2 reward. More uptime reliability, more rewards. Who manages like 90% (privateer, desktop) should be eligible for recieving full rewards.

l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 03:48:25 PM

I am just synching wallet on ubuntu 15.04 with
Sia UI version: v0.5.1-beta
Sia version: 0.5.1

currently, I am at block 22690, and it has been going since a cpl hours - how mayn blocks are there currently?

Will it be better to DL a blockchian and use that?
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:33:55 PM

I am just synching wallet on ubuntu 15.04 with
Sia UI version: v0.5.1-beta
Sia version: 0.5.1

currently, I am at block 22690, and it has been going since a cpl hours - how mayn blocks are there currently?

Will it be better to DL a blockchian and use that?

http://explore.sia.tech/

kidyubyub

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

http://taas.fund

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 04:59:06 PM

Mining from wallet, is the GPU memory minimum 2GB? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Can anyone answer this? If its 2GB minimum, I will order a new card. Right now when I start mining, it starts and then promptly stops.

██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
███████████     ██████████████     ██████████████     ██████████████
███
██████████████     ███████████
███     ██████████████     ██████████████

T O K E N  -  A S  -  A  -  S E R V I C E

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:32:33 PM

Mining from wallet, is the GPU memory minimum 2GB? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Can anyone answer this? If its 2GB minimum, I will order a new card. Right now when I start mining, it starts and then promptly stops.
Not real sure as I have always mined with 2 GB or more cards, so maybe?,,,,, out of curiosity what are you trying to mine with?

kidyubyub

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:49:40 AM

Not real sure as I have always mined with 2 GB or more cards, so maybe?,,,,, out of curiosity what are you trying to mine with?

All I have right now is an old ATI 5850 1GB, but in market for newer card. Just wanted to get started mining until I got new card. I think I may need a 2GB card. I know ETH needs at least 2GB. Must be same for SIA.

███████████
███
███

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 01:58:32 AM

You argue that they get no reward if their uptime is below 100%. That is not right because everyone has problems with their online provider which cause downtime many times.  This is not the SIA users' fault.

I don't think many people complain about not receiving their rewards. Some time some hosts asked questions regarding when they would receive the rewards when they had not seen the rewards showing up before the reward payoff time. I think they always receive the rewards in the end of the the contract period.

Also the hosts will receive their rewards if their up-time is below 100%. Sia does not required 100% up-time. I think the recommend up-time is 95%. But I think lower than that is still fine. If you have questions regarding that you can ask the devs either here or on the Slack. You can get quicker relies on the Slack.
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 03:11:32 AM

All I have right now is an old ATI 5850 1GB, but in market for newer card. Just wanted to get started mining until I got new card. I think I may need a 2GB card. I know ETH needs at least 2GB. Must be same for SIA.
I went back through some of my older post and I did mine with a couple of 7790's at one point and they did work/hash and are 1 GB cards.

Seems there may be something about the older cards like even the 6870's I have, seems they would not mine. I know the cores changed with the Radeon 7790's on up. So it may be the design of the GPU... Ill keep digging lol

kidyubyub

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:08:51 AM

I went back through some of my older post and I did mine with a couple of 7790's at one point and they did work/hash and are 1 GB cards.

Seems there may be something about the older cards like even the 6870's I have, seems they would not mine. I know the cores changed with the Radeon 7790's on up. So it may be the design of the GPU... Ill keep digging lol

Awesome! Thank you so much for all of your help. It is greatly appreciated!

███████████
███
███

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████

████
████
████
████
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
██ ░ ██
████
████
████
████
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 15, 2016, 05:26:47 AM

When you say export to 0.5.1 do you mean click the "Import Legacy Wallet" button from in the 0.5.1 UI?

It's not explained the most clearly so this has led to some confusion and I have not done this myself. rather I'm only stating it from memory after seeing it in Slack...

1) Firstly backup everything.
2) If you haven't already initialize a new wallet in the 0.5.1 UI, it will give you a password/seed
2.5) Backup the new wallet/password/seed
3) Click Import Legacy Wallet, from 0.5.1 and select the old wallet file
4) Enter the password from step 2
5) Close and re open the UI
6) Profit???
1. +
2. +
2.5. +
3. + - from 0.3.3.3
4. - The password is not requested, balance = 0
5. +
6. Balance = 0

So, I can forget about your coins?

There's plenty of people who have this working fine, you're doing something wrong and not putting much effort into these replies to fix it other than apparently trying to trash the coin. If you are serious about this join Slack where someone will walk you through it step by step.

Like in step 3, what do you mean "+ - from 0.3.3.3"? How does that help us help you?

{ BitSpill }
Pages: « 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: