Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:42:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
JanDzban

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:44:58 AM

You can make backup all blockchain and it is stored in appdata/roaming/sia folder.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:06:43 AM

You can make backup all blockchain and it is stored in appdata/roaming/sia folder.

That is incorrect. I struck it out just so no one mistakenly follows it.

The contents in the roaming folder are unrelated to Sia and are Electron files to speed up operation of the UI.

If you intend to backup your data it is all stored in the same folder you installed Sia in a series of folders at either:

install-dir/siad.exe
install-dir/siac.exe
install-dir/wallet/ (Contains wallet.json)
install-dir/consensus/ (Contains blockchain)
install-dir/gateway/
install-dir/host/ (Contains any hosting contracts you may have)
install-dir/renter/ (Contains .sia files to retrieve your uploads)

or

install-dir/sia-ui.exe
install-dir/resources/app/siad.exe
install-dir/resources/app/siac.exe
install-dir/resources/app/wallet/ (Contains wallet.json)
install-dir/resources/app/consensus/ (Contains blockchain)
install-dir/resources/app/gateway/
install-dir/resources/app/host/ (Contains any hosting contracts you may have)
install-dir/resources/app/renter/ (Contains .sia files to retrieve your uploads)

(I might not have the paths exactly right since this is from memory right now but that's the idea)

{ BitSpill }
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:16:23 AM

right on thanks for the info

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
xirdo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:37:38 PM

First, I like this coin very wel and the concept behind it.

Second, I'm verry dissipointed about the downloads (wallets). Why is it so complicated and not so easy as other wallets why??
I have some SC on poloniex and i wanted to test the wallet. So the first fustrated thing is the website show me this options:
Downloads
121 MBSia-UI-darwin-x64.zip
46.9 MBSia-UI-linux-ia32.tar.gz
47.3 MBSia-UI-linux-x64.tar.gz
50 MBSia-UI-win32-ia32.zip
59.4 MBSia-UI-win32-x64.zip
Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)

WTF give some explanation (short ). I have windows so i downloaded 59.4 MBSia-UI-win32-x64.zip
Secondly, after i downloaded it I started the wallet tested the application. Then I get the message to upgrade my wallet version?Huh? An how, why I cant push only one putton and it upgrade itself like other wallets. No this button send me to the website again and then I think maybe i need to download 121 MBSia-UI-darwin-x64.zip of 121 mb. So I downloaded it and came no step further, I mean wtf is darwin??

Another issue is i decided to use the first downloaded wallet. So I created a new wallet and stored my password. For god sake I sended only 10 siacoins to test the wallet. So When i sended my coins i cut my sia folder and pasted it elsewhere on my computer. What's next?? The wallet gives me an bug and open itself 20 times without opening full. So i decided to download the wallet again. And the problem here is I wanted to unlock my first wallet adres so I put my old passowrd in. Guesse what It doesnt accept it. WTF??

Al in all it's foking to complicated, please make the use of this applications like the wallets so easy as hell for ur clients if u want to be succesfull. Believe me i like the concept behind it but I rather let my coins on poloniex than taking a risk to send them to the onprofessional wallet of urs and lose my coins because its to complicated.

For now I stay with my  poloniex wallet and store them safe there, but pleasse fix those issues fast because I'm not the only one I guesse who find it to complicated. The downloads, the upgrades, the passwords, the bugs, the discriptions.

Keep up the good work I trust this concept will arise!
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 05:51:06 PM

First, I like this coin very wel and the concept behind it.

Second, I'm verry dissipointed about the downloads (wallets). Why is it so complicated and not so easy as other wallets why??
I have some SC on poloniex and i wanted to test the wallet. So the first fustrated thing is the website show me this options:
Downloads
121 MBSia-UI-darwin-x64.zip
46.9 MBSia-UI-linux-ia32.tar.gz
47.3 MBSia-UI-linux-x64.tar.gz
50 MBSia-UI-win32-ia32.zip
59.4 MBSia-UI-win32-x64.zip
Source code (zip)
Source code (tar.gz)

WTF give some explanation (short ). I have windows so i downloaded 59.4 MBSia-UI-win32-x64.zip
Secondly, after i downloaded it I started the wallet tested the application. Then I get the message to upgrade my wallet version?Huh? An how, why I cant push only one putton and it upgrade itself like other wallets. No this button send me to the website again and then I think maybe i need to download 121 MBSia-UI-darwin-x64.zip of 121 mb. So I downloaded it and came no step further, I mean wtf is darwin??

Another issue is i decided to use the first downloaded wallet. So I created a new wallet and stored my password. For god sake I sended only 10 siacoins to test the wallet. So When i sended my coins i cut my sia folder and pasted it elsewhere on my computer. What's next?? The wallet gives me an bug and open itself 20 times without opening full. So i decided to download the wallet again. And the problem here is I wanted to unlock my first wallet adres so I put my old passowrd in. Guesse what It doesnt accept it. WTF??

Al in all it's foking to complicated, please make the use of this applications like the wallets so easy as hell for ur clients if u want to be succesfull. Believe me i like the concept behind it but I rather let my coins on poloniex than taking a risk to send them to the onprofessional wallet of urs and lose my coins because its to complicated.

For now I stay with my  poloniex wallet and store them safe there, but pleasse fix those issues fast because I'm not the only one I guesse who find it to complicated. The downloads, the upgrades, the passwords, the bugs, the discriptions.

Keep up the good work I trust this concept will arise!

And you're not even on Linux Wink
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:48:37 PM

Hi, what's the next about development?
Thanks in advance.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 08:23:35 PM

Hi, what's the next about development?
Thanks in advance.

The devs are very busy working on getting it out of beta some time this Spring. Taek still posts and answers questions here but not as frequently; presumably because he needs time to code. There is more activity and discussion going on in the Slack channel then on here. Get your slack invite from the announcement post here if you want to stay up to date with the latest.

Edit: Sia also has its own forum as well. I know we are accustomed to seeing a lot of coins project discussions taking place predominately on bitcointalk. That's not the case with Siacoin. If it were this thread would probably be 2000 pages long by now.  Smiley
robinson5

Activity: 130

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 09:13:57 PM

I have been away from sia for awhile and my wallet version is pretty old.  Last time I was here (like 4 months ago) there were issues with coins being lost.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can safely download the new wallet version and how to get my old wallet.dat file in the new program?  There were changes on where the wallet.dat is saved so I'm not sure how to proceed I don't want to lose any coins.  I also had sianotes as well.

Thanks for the help!
Roozy

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 10:23:34 PM

I have been away from sia for awhile and my wallet version is pretty old.  Last time I was here (like 4 months ago) there were issues with coins being lost.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can safely download the new wallet version and how to get my old wallet.dat file in the new program?  There were changes on where the wallet.dat is saved so I'm not sure how to proceed I don't want to lose any coins.  I also had sianotes as well.

Thanks for the help!

1: Download and sync the new sia client. Don't unlock your wallet until it syncs.

2: Click the wallet tab then "new wallet" (or something like that) on top right of screen.

3: SAVE the long password they give you! That is your password.. and you can also recover your coins with it even if you lose your wallet.json file

4: Unlock your wallet and then click load legacy wallet. Point it to your old wallet with the old funds and you should be good to go from there.

If you have siafunds.. I believe you can import them using the same method. I haven't done this myself though not because we can't but because I just want to make damn sure everything is working the way it should before I play with those.

FYI: Your wallet.json file can be found in your sia folder under resources>>App>>Sia>>wallet
You should probably still make a copy of this even though the long password is as good as your wallet.
robinson5

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:13:33 PM

Thanks for the help!

1: Download and sync the new sia client. Don't unlock your wallet until it syncs.

2: Click the wallet tab then "new wallet" (or something like that) on top right of screen.

3: SAVE the long password they give you! That is your password.. and you can also recover your coins with it even if you lose your wallet.json file

4: Unlock your wallet and then click load legacy wallet. Point it to your old wallet with the old funds and you should be good to go from there.

If you have siafunds.. I believe you can import them using the same method. I haven't done this myself though not because we can't but because I just want to make damn sure everything is working the way it should before I play with those.

FYI: Your wallet.json file can be found in your sia folder under resources>>App>>Sia>>wallet
You should probably still make a copy of this even though the long password is as good as your wallet.

Thanks for the quick reply! Why is the wallet.json file there instead of in library>>application support like most other wallets?  And is the wallet encrypted in this version?  Thanks again!
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 09:30:36 PM

The contents in the roaming folder are unrelated to Sia and are Electron files to speed up operation of the UI.

If you intend to backup your data it is all stored in the same folder you installed Sia in a series of folders at either:

install-dir/siad.exe
install-dir/siac.exe
install-dir/gateway/

or

install-dir/sia-ui.exe
install-dir/resources/app/renter/ (Contains .sia files to retrieve your uploads)

(I might not have the paths exactly right since this is from memory right now but that's the idea)

I found this info very helpful, It should deff be on the OP easy for everyone to find since SIA works a little differently than basic coins. just as simple when you know where/what you're looking for to make back ups etc.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
samspaces
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:05:31 AM

http://explore.sia.tech/
not working again. Is there any other way to check the hashrate / difficulty ?
Thanks.
robinson5

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:22:45 PM

install-dir/siad.exe
install-dir/siac.exe
install-dir/gateway/

or

install-dir/sia-ui.exe

I found this info very helpful, It should deff be on the OP easy for everyone to find since SIA works a little differently than basic coins. just as simple when you know where/what you're looking for to make back ups etc.

Thanks! In mine it's install-dir/resources/app/Sia/ and then what you had.  In /Sia/wallet I have wallet.json, wallet.log, and Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed-____________.Seed.  Do I need to backup all 3? All they all encrypted or just the Encrypted Backup Seed? I don't want to store unencrypted backups.

In addition I was wondering how to check my siafunds address? I have a SiafundAddress_Key0.siakey file but when I open it in text edit it's all gibberish.

Thanks!
Taek (OP)

Activity: 543
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:15:29 PM

Thanks! In mine it's install-dir/resources/app/Sia/ and then what you had.  In /Sia/wallet I have wallet.json, wallet.log, and Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed-____________.Seed.  Do I need to backup all 3? All they all encrypted or just the Encrypted Backup Seed? I don't want to store unencrypted backups.

In addition I was wondering how to check my siafunds address? I have a SiafundAddress_Key0.siakey file but when I open it in text edit it's all gibberish.

Thanks!

The wallet.json and the encrypted backup seed are both encrypted, you can't open them without the password. Just backing up the wallet.json is enough, at this point I'm forgetting why there is the 'Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed', I was using it personally at some point but now I don't remember what it was good for.

To check your siafunds, you should import the siakey into the wallet, and then restart 'siad'. The wallet should then be able to display your siafunds balance.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:22:49 PM

My rigs  crash from time to time and can have 5 -10 mins of downtime until i notice.

If my host goes offlline for 5 -10 mins will that be a problem? maybe 1 or 2 times a week?

Does the data have to stay live 24/7 with zero downtime?

Taek (OP)

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:39:40 PM

My rigs  crash from time to time and can have 5 -10 mins of downtime until i notice.

If my host goes offlline for 5 -10 mins will that be a problem? maybe 1 or 2 times a week?

Does the data have to stay live 24/7 with zero downtime?

You want to aim for less than 5% downtime, which is actually quite a lot of downtime. 10 minutes once every few days is not going to hurt your usefulness as a host. Is the crashing due  to Sia, or due to other system instability? If Sia is crashing, I would like to see the outputs + logs so we can give it better stability.
robinson5

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:50:27 PM

Thanks!

The wallet.json and the encrypted backup seed are both encrypted, you can't open them without the password. Just backing up the wallet.json is enough, at this point I'm forgetting why there is the 'Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed', I was using it personally at some point but now I don't remember what it was good for.

To check your siafunds, you should import the siakey into the wallet, and then restart 'siad'. The wallet should then be able to display your siafunds balance.

I think the 'Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed' appears when you make a new wallet so you can copy down the seed.  Because when the wallet first opens you don't know what seed is being used for your list of addresses.  Once I make a new wallet though do all my addresses come from that seed that I was able to copy down?

If I import the siakey into my wallet are my siafunds wiped from my siakey and imported into the seed addresses? I'm worried if that's so, I won't always have my siakey to back up and if something happened with my wallet that my siafunds would be forever lost.

Thanks for the help!
Taek (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:10:31 AM

I think the 'Sia Wallet Encrypted Backup Seed' appears when you make a new wallet so you can copy down the seed.  Because when the wallet first opens you don't know what seed is being used for your list of addresses.  Once I make a new wallet though do all my addresses come from that seed that I was able to copy down?

If I import the siakey into my wallet are my siafunds wiped from my siakey and imported into the seed addresses? I'm worried if that's so, I won't always have my siakey to back up and if something happened with my wallet that my siafunds would be forever lost.

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, once you make a seed, all of your new addresses come from that seed. You may still have old money in the old addresses though, so you'll need to keep all of your seeds unless you send all of your money to yourself. After you import the siakey, you'll only lose the siafunds from the siakey if you move them around or claim siacoins out of them. If you are using your siafunds, they will eventually be transferred to the seed that the wallet is using.

Sorry for the poor UX in the wallet, we're going to be actively working on it at some point in the near future, but have our hands full with the host and the renter, and with improving test coverage across the project. Thanks for being patient.
Taek (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 01:18:24 AM

I also want to mention that the new RC is out: https://github.com/NebulousLabs/Sia/releases/tag/v0.5.2-rc3

0.5.2-rc3 features a single change - some miners were reporting errors when mining, and I believe it was due to the way that the miner was calculating the height. I've added some extra logging, so we'll have more information even if it does not seem like I've fixed the problem, though I believe that the fix is now in place.
llcoolj

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:15:25 AM

What is the current Block now? explore.sia.tech not work!
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: