Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:40:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: EXMO.com Cryptocurrency Exchange [Official Thread]  (Read 61090 times)
zezt

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2015, 01:44:51 PM

So many payment system options, Exmo is very useful for me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
biscotaste

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:14:31 AM

I have been reviewing you currency rates and they are different then http://www.xe.com or http://www.fxstreet.com/? How are you generating you rates?

Exmo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:01:04 AM

The currency rates on our platform are derived from the supply and demand in our order book. Basically, Exmo is a sub-market of the main market and is driven by supply and demand.
Naturally, the rates do not wonder very far from International forex prices as users also know these rates. However, sometimes it is advantageous to make a deal for a slightly different rate.

Thank you for your interest in Exmo!

JohnLennon

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:22:24 PM

How does Exmo back-up its users's money? I mean what if you get hacked and the money gets stolen?
Exmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 04:02:33 PM

How does Exmo back-up its users's money? I mean what if you get hacked and the money gets stolen?

Exmo stores 60% of all users's funds in a system of encrypted cold wallets. In addition, user's funds are guaranteed by our internal audit system. 

KizerWilhelm

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:03:05 AM

I like trading here but you guys really need to think about including a stop-loss tool!
SharkFaceGang

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:57:35 PM

Where is this exchange from? I have never heard of Exmo?
Exmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 02:23:26 PM

Where is this exchange from? I have never heard of Exmo?

Exmo was founded in 2013, and was officially launched on February 24th, 2014. We have been primarily targeting Eastern Europe where we have become a respected and reputable name in the cryptocurrency industry with over 210,000 users worldwide. Since our launch we have been actively targeting the European as well as the Latin American markets and have opened an office in Barcelona.

Serpens66
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1131

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:51:47 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2015, 09:05:57 PM by Serpens66

Hi Smiley

I think I will test your exchange in the next days/weeks.
I just signed up, here are some quick questions:

1) I want to add my bank account, EUR. In the form is twice "Account name: " Why? What to enter there?

2) After a first glance at your trade API I saw in the method "get_info" that you write their "balances_avialble". Is this a typo in your documentation or a typo in your API itself?  In documentation under "Fields description:" you also write "balances_aviable" ... so I have no clue what is the correct one Cheesy

3) Are there any limits for the Trade API , e.g Calls/second or simular?

edit:
4) your verification progress is quite confusing... I don't know if I have to fill first all three forms (identity,address, agreement) and then click "Get Verified" or if I have to fill out each one separatelly and click get verified three times.. I think it is separatelly but maybe you should add a note about that somewhere Wink

5) I read that some Exmo employees have python programming skills. It would be great, if you would provide a sample API wrapper in Python3 for your Trade API Wink Would save me some time Smiley

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
Great Freeware Game: Clonk Rage
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Exmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 10:01:02 AM

Hi Smiley

I think I will test your exchange in the next days/weeks.
I just signed up, here are some quick questions:

1) I want to add my bank account, EUR. In the form is twice "Account Name: " Why? What to enter there?

2) After a first glance at your trade API I saw in the method "get_info" that you write their "balances_avialble". Is this a typo in your documentation or a typo in your API itself?  In documentation under "Fields description:" you also write "balances_aviable" ... so I have no clue what is the correct one Cheesy

3) Are there any limits for the Trade API , e.g Calls/second or simular?

edit:
4) your verification progress is quite confusing... I don't know if I have to fill first all three forms (identity,address, agreement) and then click "Get Verified" or if I have to fill out each one separatelly and click get verified three times.. I think it is separatelly but maybe you should add a note about that somewhere Wink

5) I read that some Exmo employees have python programming skills. It would be great, if you would provide a sample API wrapper in Python3 for your Trade API Wink Would save me some time Smiley

1) The first "Account Name" is for your name, while the second should say "Account Number" This is an error and will be changed shortly.

2) Regarding our API: I am sorry to say that our API is unavailable at the present time. We are in the process of updating it right now and it should be available in about 3 weeks time.

3) Our new API will not have any limits.

4) Admittedly, our verification page could be clearer, and we have plans to update it very soon. In the meantime, let me explain. There are 3 separate levels of verification. The first is identity, the second is address and the third is the user agreement.  Each level allows users to perform different types of operations. In your case you want to use the SEPA banking system, so you only need to verify your identity and your address.

5) Our programmers at Exmo are all skilled in Python. Once our new API will be ready, we would be happy to provide you with a sample API wrapper in Python3 at upon your request.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 10:35:41 AM

1) The first "Account Name" is for your name, while the second should say "Account Number" This is an error and will be changed shortly.
Are you sure?  I added recently an account via the withdraw system. After I checked the box "save info to my accounts" , a new box appaered with "account name". It only appears when I want to save it. So I guess this is just a name to identify this account and I can choose any name. This chosen name can now be found under my accounts in the first "account name" box.
Unfortunatly not all the information was saved with my withdrawal. The second "Account name" box is empty, I think this is for my name, since there is also another box for IBAN. And also the address boxes of the bank are empty.  So maybe also fix that these data is also saved, when saving it via the withdrawal screen.

And another bug:
I clicked "edit", to add this missing information to my created account. After clicking the "Save" button, I got an error message saying, that there is already an account with my chosen name (of course it is, I'm editing it.)

2) Regarding our API: I am sorry to say that our API is unavailable at the present time. We are in the process of updating it right now and it should be available in about 3 weeks time.
okay thanks.
And how will you prevent abuse, eg a person that spams many many calls to slow down your api? I think a limit like 15-20 calls/second is good. It is enough to also allow power bots to work, but should prevent those spamming.
4) Admittedly, our verification page could be clearer, and we have plans to update it very soon. In the meantime, let me explain. There are 3 separate levels of verification. The first is identity, the second is address and the third is the user agreement.  Each level allows users to perform different types of operations. In your case you want to use the SEPA banking system, so you only need to verify your identity and your address.
Ah okay Smiley  And which operations can I perform, after signing the agreement?
5) Our programmers at Exmo are all skilled in Python. Once our new API will be ready, we would be happy to provide you with a sample API wrapper in Python3 at upon your request.
That would be great! Smiley

Edit:
After adding the missing information into my bank account account, I tried to use it for another withdraw. But the second account name (my name) and the bank address+city+country were not filled into the form.   So I have to add it manually every withdrawal.

Edit2:
some messages from your system, I only receive in russian.

Mit Cointracking (10% Rabatt) behältst du die Übersicht über all deine Trades und Gewinne. Sogar ein Tool für die Steuer ist dabei Wink                          
binance.com hat nun auch SEPA und EUR Paare! Mit dem RefLink bekommst du 5% Rabatt auf die Tradinggebühren!
Exmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2015, 12:26:32 PM

Are you sure?  I added recently an account via the withdraw system. After I checked the box "save info to my accounts" , a new box appaered with "account name". It only appears when I want to save it. So I guess this is just a name to identify this account and I can choose any name. This chosen name can now be found under my accounts in the first "account name" box.
Unfortunatly not all the information was saved with my withdrawal. The second "Account name" box is empty, I think this is for my name, since there is also another box for IBAN. And also the address boxes of the bank are empty.  So maybe also fix that these data is also saved, when saving it via the withdrawal screen.

And another bug:
I clicked "edit", to add this missing information to my created account. After clicking the "Save" button, I got an error message saying, that there is already an account with my chosen name (of course it is, I'm editing it.)

okay thanks.
And how will you prevent abuse, eg a person that spams many many calls to slow down your api? I think a limit like 15-20 calls/second is good. It is enough to also allow power bots to work, but should prevent those spamming.
Ah okay Smiley  And which operations can I perform, after signing the agreement?
That would be great! Smiley

Edit:
After adding the missing information into my bank account account, I tried to use it for another withdraw. But the second account name (my name) and the bank address+city+country were not filled into the form.   So I have to add it manually every withdrawal.

Edit2:
some messages from your system, I only receive in russian.

1) Thank you very much for pointing-out these issues. Our technical staff are looking into them. Your advice regarding our new API is also appreciated.

4) The user agreement will prevent you from being suspected of money-laundering by the banks. They may request this at any time, so it is best to be prepared.

5) This problem should also be corrected shortly.

SharkFaceGang

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 04:47:51 PM

What's the best way to contact you guys if I am having a problem, Facebook?
Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2015, 05:36:11 PM

How does your Trade History, shown on the Trade tab next to the orderbook, works?

I placed a sell order for 259.98€, this is the best sell order available at the moment.   I'm waiting that someone fills it.  But it happens frequently that the trade history shows new buys, e.g for 259.64€.  
But I never saw a sell order for this price in the orderbook.  
The same happens for buy orders.

I observe the orderbook and frequently new trades were added to the trade history, which prices I never saw in the orderbook.
I'm 99% sure, that these orders were never at the orderbook. So "you just don't saw it, because it was only 5 seconds there", is not an explanation. Especially when it happens that often and you don't have an API.

How is this possible?

I tested many exchanges till now and also experienced this kind of behaviour. So my guess would be, that you, exmo itself, do those trades to push the volume. Also there are alot orders with many many decimal places. No manual trader would add so much decimal places. And since there is no API, again a sign, that you trade at your own website. It's okay, when you trade at your own exchange, but please do it that way, that your users are able to match your orders.. and don't just add new trades in your trade history which never happend in reality.
If you don't want to talk in public about this, feel free to PM me.

Cicero69

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 10:45:48 AM

What's the best way to contact you guys if I am having a problem, Facebook?

I always use their online chat support on the help page.
Exmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2015, 03:39:36 PM

How does your Trade History, shown on the Trade tab next to the orderbook, works?

I placed a sell order for 259.98€, this is the best sell order available at the moment.   I'm waiting that someone fills it.  But it happens frequently that the trade history shows new buys, e.g for 259.64€.  
But I never saw a sell order for this price in the orderbook.  
The same happens for buy orders.

I observe the orderbook and frequently new trades were added to the trade history, which prices I never saw in the orderbook.
I'm 99% sure, that these orders were never at the orderbook. So "you just don't saw it, because it was only 5 seconds there", is not an explanation. Especially when it happens that often and you don't have an API.

How is this possible?

I tested many exchanges till now and also experienced this kind of behaviour. So my guess would be, that you, exmo itself, do those trades to push the volume. Also there are alot orders with many many decimal places. No manual trader would add so much decimal places. And since there is no API, again a sign, that you trade at your own website. It's okay, when you trade at your own exchange, but please do it that way, that your users are able to match your orders.. and don't just add new trades in your trade history which never happend in reality.
If you don't want to talk in public about this, feel free to PM me.

If we wanted to artificially increase our volume we would do so 100 time more. All deals you see are created by clients on our platform and are based on real bitcoin volumes.

I mentioned earlier that we do not have a working API. Actually, our API is currently unavailable to the public. However, we do have a few partners in the financial sphere with whom we have shared access to our API and do automatic exchanges. Sometimes during periods of low volatility their deals meet each other. For this reason these deals are completely automatic, however, this does not exclude the average user from these deals.

The multiple decimal places you see is quite common. If a user wants to buy a fraction of a bitcoin, minus the commission, naturally there will many decimal places.

If you are going to trade a large volume on our platform or if you are a representative of a company, you may contact our support team and request access to our API.

The messages you received in Russian are the result of an error when the language is selected between English Spanish and Russian. We are currently working on this.

We appreciate you interest and help in identifying these deficiencies. Please contact us again if you have an further issues.

Serpens66
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2015, 09:02:46 PM

Thanks for your detailed answer Exmo Smiley

The API access does not hurry. If you are able to provide an API accces within one month, this will be fast enough Wink
I plan to add some liquidity to your BTC/EUR pair, by implementing Exmo into my market-maker bot, which will be active at several exchanges.
For now my capital is not that big, so it will be around 1-2 btc at bid and ask. But as my capital rises and if it works well on your exchange I will increase the amounts of course.

I'm not that easy to satisfy, regarding my questions of your trade history and orderbook. You have to provide good arguments and if I find inconsistencies in your arguments, I will ask back Wink

The multiple decimal places you see is quite common. If a user wants to buy a fraction of a bitcoin, minus the commission, naturally there will many decimal places.
The commision is not substracted from the amount shown in the orderbook or trade history. It is substracted after the trade happens. If you take a look at your orderbook and your trade history, you see many of those amounts with many decimal places. No manual user will add those so many decimal places.
Only bots would do so if needed.
So you said, there are some bots active at your exchange. So that would explain all those orders, okay.

But what about those orders that are never in the orderbook? Some hours after my post here, these orders stopped at BTC/EUR. So you may be right, that this is not for simply increasing the volume.  But can you imagine what the aim of these orders can be? Why should someone place an order and instantly matches it? Maybe the same bot, but different accounts?
It is 100% sure, that there were many orders, every ~4 minutes, that were never in the orderbook, but in the trade history. I'm curious what the aim of those orders is.

The problem I see in those orders is, that it falsify your market activity. Like I said I waited for someone to fill my order. I saw there is a trade every 4 minutes, so I thought I won't have to wait much time. But after one hour observing this behaviour without getting my order filled, I was very frustrated Wink

I will do more tests, when the user who does this is active again. I will place a buy order for lets say 255€ and a sell order for 255.01€ and then see, what will happen Smiley

KizerWilhelm

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 18, 2015, 03:52:09 PM

I want to ask if I make an exchange in my wallet, are there fees for this too?
Exmo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 09:14:22 AM

I want to ask if I make an exchange in my wallet, are there fees for this too?

Yes, when you make any trades, deals or exchanges, there will always be a 0.2% commission charged.

Armen555

Activity: 22

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 06:23:37 PM

I read here in an earlier post that the currency rates at Exmo are driven by their own sub-market conditions. What about your margins between buying and selling? How are they generated?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: