Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:36:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 126 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How to teach kids about Bitcoin?  (Read 111784 times)
olcaytu2005
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 07:53:34 PM

We've been living in a technology world and today's children learn fast. First of all, we as parents should teach what the economy imports for our new world. I'm sure that they can understand easily. And then, we should teach the other significant aspect which is Bitcoin's technology. It seems really confusing for us, because it is a new developing thing in the Internet. However, we create an opportunity for them to understand Bitcoin by themselves. If we tell them according to our understanding, they can be bored easily. They should search, learn and maybe one day, they can give us trade advises Smiley
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 08:59:32 PM

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/9-ways-kids-smarter-money-100050132.html

This article doesn't talk about bitcoin but it got me thinking how to get kinds interested in bitcoin within the context of appropriate money management lessons. Think of we could teach kinds about it. The growth, the adoption, the inflation and retraction. The allure of the "internet money".

...what other ideas come to mind?
Kids aren't aware of anythings to their surroundings. for what in their mind was always having fun, play, walking the whole day etc. Now the simplest things what we can teach them was encourage them to play games in mobile apps or laptops that pay via bitcoin every time they do play,.
boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:33:56 AM

Kids a meant for school and not intendes to earn bitcoin in their age. There will be lots of confusion if they involve theirselves now, many questions that may intrigue their and can harm them soon.

It depends on how you are going to teach your kid on earning with bitcoin. For me, it isn't bad to teach them at early age on how to earn some bitcoins, since there are a lot of faucet sites, they can simply use it for claiming. And also it's not bad if you are teaching them on what's currently on trend with technology, just teach them how to use it properly.
Kids are not really focus in earning, their focus is just to play, it's our responsibility to earn to support our kids and let them grow and
do things that they want. Kids means minors and I believe bitcoin will only be good for matured people like those who are in the legal age already.

Yes, we know about it but we are in the modern days where everything should learn how to earn. If you will google out those kids that became CEO at very young age, they are grown up properly by their parents and thought them what life is, if you don't know how to earn then you'll be end up hungry and can't buy the things that you want. We are already in the new generation, where there's no age exception in making money.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:12:08 AM

I do not believe that teaching children what bitcoin is a good idea. Children should devote more time to education and games. You do not need to involve them immediately in adulthood
true after all, if you force him to understand about bitcoin instead they will cry Lol. and if you give him information about bitcoin I'm sure they will not know about it
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 01:36:22 PM

I do not believe that teaching children what bitcoin is a good idea. Children should devote more time to education and games. You do not need to involve them immediately in adulthood
true after all, if you force him to understand about bitcoin instead they will cry Lol. and if you give him information about bitcoin I'm sure they will not know about it

Well i don't think op means forcing kids to learn about bitcoins though i agree with you that bitcoin is the least that parents should teach their kids about. Btc is in a way part of economics and there's no reason why kids should be taught about it in that early stage as they will still need to learn more important things

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 03:46:14 PM

I will not teach my kids about bitcoin until they don't reach to a certain age as i think its the time for them to concentrate on their studies and enjoy they childhood days and they may also find bitcoin a complicated concept at that early age.
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:56:00 PM

I will not teach my kids about bitcoin until they don't reach to a certain age as i think its the time for them to concentrate on their studies and enjoy they childhood days and they may also find bitcoin a complicated concept at that early age.
yes that is right to say i am also not in favour of teaching bitcoin to the children, as in present time people are using bitcoin for investment and there may be very little number of people who are using bitcoin as currency, while the majority of people are using bitcoin for investment purpose only and that is the reason that we do not need to teach about bitcoin to children.
Perle

Activity: 262

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:34:23 PM

yes that is right to say i am also not in favour of teaching bitcoin to the children, as in present time people are using bitcoin for investment and there may be very little number of people who are using bitcoin as currency, while the majority of people are using bitcoin for investment purpose only and that is the reason that we do not need to teach about bitcoin to children.
The time will come and the child will learn and learn everything himself. Or at the extreme bored Internet always teaches children what interests them. Otherwise, I would not want to do this on purpose and deprive the child of my childhood.
Oralmat

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 08:01:24 AM

i think the  best way to make them understand about bitcoins is by saying that bitcoin is another type of currency and it is not fiat like usd or any other curreny .it exits and it cant be felt and it  is  the  future and it has a lot of potential.

I think that is not a good idea to explain to them that bitcoin is a type of currency, why? Because kids today are intelligent and they can think of something new and out of their curiosity they can use it for gambling unless we are not going to open them the negative things that we can do it, other wise it is a good idea.
although they like something new, but that does not mean they can understand something complex of bitcoin. kids enough to know that bitcoin is kind of a new currency, and they can understand once they are old enough
The kids are need more education and i think that's not the right thing to tell the bitcoin to the kid, because they're need a lot of the education. That's not the right environtment for them.

Yes, I agree with you too, kids are meant to take their education in school, they must learn things in school not to earn early age. They must be learn to socialize with real people first unlike making time with bitcoin and having it. And also it might cause problems to them.  Lets not get involved Kids in the earning process.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 06:50:27 PM

Probably one of the bes things to do to teach kids how bitcoin works is to explain them at first how the economy works with something they are familiar with like with candy or toys and then when they understand the basics about the economy then you could teach them about bitcoin.
How do you imagine to explain on the candy child the basics of Economics? LOL!!! With children, you need to speak only at the level of the game. The more economic games with a decent win, the faster and better the children will understand the fundamentals of the economy.
The way to explain something to a person is to do in terms they understand, you cannot explain quantum physics in the terms used by physicist to the average person you need to use examples they can understand, and the same applies to children you need to explain to them in terms they can understand.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:09:02 PM

The way to explain something to a person is to do in terms they understand, you cannot explain quantum physics in the terms used by physicist to the average person you need to use examples they can understand, and the same applies to children you need to explain to them in terms they can understand.
Yes, for teaching bitcoins to a kid, I believe we must turn as a kid so that they could easily understand by being "within their world". I mean to say we need to enter into kid's world so that we could understand their terms and in playful way we could explain them what we really finds that they could understand.

First we need to classify what are easily understandable for a kid. Because we cannot expect them to understand complex things. When we are teaching them in their way, I believe you can find good results.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:29:26 PM

Still I can say let the children have fun during free hours and focus on study during learnig hours.  It is more helpful than forcing them to learn about Bitcoin.  Before teaching any advance, we should build the fundamentals first. and that is by letting them focus in their school activities.
anavuajna

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:14:27 PM

Still I can say let the children have fun during free hours and focus on study during learnig hours.  It is more helpful than forcing them to learn about Bitcoin.  Before teaching any advance, we should build the fundamentals first. and that is by letting them focus in their school activities.

I agree with you. I do not understand why children from the youngest age need to talk about bitcoin. This is difficult even for some adults. Therefore, I believe that children do not need this information
RedX

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:48:59 PM

I agree with you. I do not understand why children from the youngest age need to talk about bitcoin. This is difficult even for some adults. Therefore, I believe that children do not need this information

There's a lot more things that a children need to know other than bitcoin. We can tell it to them but I dont like the idea that its like we are forcing them to go in this field. It depends to them what they will choose because the world just dont revolve around bitcoin.
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:44:59 AM

There's a lot more things that a children need to know other than bitcoin. We can tell it to them but I dont like the idea that its like we are forcing them to go in this field. It depends to them what they will choose because the world just dont revolve around bitcoin.
For me we can easily tell to kids about bitcoin but we do not need to required them to earn in bitcoin that early stage we need to send them into school to learn academics for their future, and the times come they will be in the stage of earnings/profit/income, they need to have work/business and other profitable thing like bitcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:16:34 AM

For me we can easily tell to kids about bitcoin but we do not need to required them to earn in bitcoin that early stage we need to send them into school to learn academics for their future, and the times come they will be in the stage of earnings/profit/income, they need to have work/business and other profitable thing like bitcoin.
Yeah that its right. Bitcoin is too advance at their age because their brains are not fully develop yet to absorb and learn something that only exist online. So kids need to even learn how money works before giving it a try or even testing Bitcoin out. Also there is no real use giving Bitcoin to them at their age.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:04:54 AM

true, the world is not about bitcoin small child, even if you force him to understand they still will not understand what you explain. instead it will weigh on their minds
Text

Activity: 2408
Merit: 591

Bitcoin Casino Est. 2013

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 07:26:34 AM

Please give me the best reason why I should teach kids about bitcoin?

First, I am not favor on this. They must enjoy on what stage they are now because when they grow old they can never be like kids anymore unless they would stay as childish. There is a right time for that, kids should be in school and focus on their studies.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
DocGTR

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:14:46 PM

First, I am not favor on this. They must enjoy on what stage they are now because when they grow old they can never be like kids anymore unless they would stay as childish. There is a right time for that, kids should be in school and focus on their studies.

I agree with you. Children should not delve into the world of crypto currency. But if you really want to tell them about it, it's best to do it in the form of a game
NABiT

Activity: 329
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:19:23 PM

I agree with you. Children should not delve into the world of crypto currency. But if you really want to tell them about it, it's best to do it in the form of a game

Speaking of which - Bitcoins, blockchains and games - http://www.mandelduck.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 126 »
  Print  

Jump to: