Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence  (Read 146787 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 06:38:41 PM

I saw the mythical miners at the Conference today, along with a very tired and a bit frazzled looking Josh. They were mining, too. And I was told a date of when they hope to start shipping, which I obviously won't mention. For being a scam, they're really doing a good job leading people on.

Would you say the fat lady is warming up with "Doe Rae Me" ?
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
May 19, 2013, 07:02:25 PM

I was not going to mention this but he does look thinner as well.

Meth does wonders for crack whores that can't afford the crack no mo'.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2013, 07:30:45 PM

..... And I was told a date of when they hope to start shipping, which I obviously won't mention....

Were you told this date in confidence?  Why wouldn't you mention the date.
Not that the information would really mean anything anyways..

because I don't want Josh to embarrass himself when they miss it yet again  Roll Eyes
FUKT

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:22:50 AM

Holy shitballs Butterfly labs have just announced their new 50Th/s modules. These things look killer, sign me up for two!

http://tinypic.com/r/30aaoud/5
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:57:16 AM

Holy shitballs Butterfly labs have just announced their new 50Th/s modules. These things look killer, sign me up for two!

Wait, is this new? They had two of them hashing at the conference last weekend (of at least spinning their fans. They didn't feel hot)
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 09:37:06 AM

Wait, is this new? They had two of them hashing at the conference last weekend (of at least spinning their fans. They didn't feel hot)

They might as well be rated for 1,000,000 Th/S, vaporware is vaporware

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 04:44:42 PM

They might as well be rated for 1,000,000 Th/S, vaporware is vaporware

Vaporware typically means overly hyped idea that never gets beyond 3D renderings. BFL has working units, and is just waiting for ASIC chips. From what I can tell, their entire problem was based on the lack of ASIC chips.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:51:21 PM

Here I thought their entire problem was a lack of integrity. Thanks for clearing that up. Wink

Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 04:52:14 PM

Vaporware typically means overly hyped idea that never gets beyond 3D renderings. BFL has working units, and is just waiting for ASIC chips. From what I can tell, their entire problem was based on the lack of ASIC chips.

That is an amazing optimism given all the facts presented in this thread.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:04:40 PM

From what I can tell, their entire problem was based on the lack of ASIC chips.

Partially correct. It's saying nothing to their needing to redesign their boards to accomodate the increased power draw of said chips.
Viceroy

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:11:55 PM

You people are nuts, their ENTIRE PROBLEM is that THEY ARE CON MEN and they are participating in a LONG CON. 

Take your misguided BFL fanboi love elsewhere, geesh....
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 05:39:31 PM

You people are nuts, their ENTIRE PROBLEM is that THEY ARE CON MEN and they are participating in a LONG CON.  

Take your misguided BFL fanboi love elsewhere, geesh....
By what you just said, your stating that the BFL ASIC miners are a scam.
Please explain to us why customers are recieving BFL ASIC miners if BFL's ASIC's are a scam.

Are you gonna try to say "just because they can make a jalapeno doesnt mean they can make a bigger better one"
Actually, it kindof does mean that. Most of the time when a computing product is created, the most common things you run into when "scaling" it to a larger unit, Is power/heat/size/cost
Seeing as how the jalapeno's work, I dont think BFL is going to have too much trouble scaling it to be a larger product.
In example of the japapeno's design, it's a scaled Down unit from what they originally tried to make, They ran into power and cooling issues.

They've almost fixed the power issues, and the cooling issue is a simple one, bigger sinks and fans in a larger case.
If bigger sinks and fans in a larger case doesnt cool it better, Then you move down to something like the thermal conductivity of the chip and how effeciently the thermal paste/solution is cooling the chip, and if you cant make that thermal paste/solution better.
THEN you have to alter the chips.

I think BFL went WAY THE FUCK in over thier heads, While running a preorder funds scam to get the money togeather to "get a jump" on the competition.
But they were underprepared, and underestimated the difficulty of what they are doing.
BFL is a very crooked comapany with convicted scammers running it, however, that does not mean that thier ability to create ASIC units is a scam.

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 06:07:54 PM

I think BFL went WAY THE FUCK in over thier heads, While running a preorder funds scam to get the money togeather to "get a jump" on the competition.
But they were underprepared, and underestimated the difficulty of what they are doing.
BFL is a very crooked comapany with convicted scammers running it, however, that does not mean that thier ability to create ASIC units is a scam.

I see no indication that BFL has any in-house technical skill whatsoever.  I'll bet that anything more complex than designing air-flow (which they've chronically fucked up) has been contracted out, and I'll bet that they themselves were scammed here more than once.  Or at least lacked the skill required to select a competent vendor.  Burning some of pre-order funds in the process.

Ultimately we won't know much of anything until someone sands one of 'their' chips.  I'll be looking forward to that with interest.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Operatr

Activity: 798

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 06:23:28 PM

I see no indication that BFL has any in-house technical skill whatsoever.  I'll bet that anything more complex than designing air-flow (which they've chronically fucked up) has been contracted out, and I'll bet that they themselves were scammed here more than once.  Or at least lacked the skill required to select a competent vendor.  Burning some of pre-order funds in the process.

Ultimately we won't know much of anything until someone sands one of 'their' chips.  I'll be looking forward to that with interest.

Given they already wasted a crap load of pre-order funds redesigning the entire line after realizing they fucked up bad on power/cooling issues...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 07:55:51 PM

I see no indication that BFL has any in-house technical skill whatsoever.  I'll bet that anything more complex than designing air-flow (which they've chronically fucked up) has been contracted out, and I'll bet that they themselves were scammed here more than once.  Or at least lacked the skill required to select a competent vendor.  Burning some of pre-order funds in the process.

Ultimately we won't know much of anything until someone sands one of 'their' chips.  I'll be looking forward to that with interest.

Given they already wasted a crap load of pre-order funds redesigning the entire line after realizing they fucked up bad on power/cooling issues...

What would you expect from the official KC Royals photographer teamed up an Iranian geek in France whose only claim to fame to date was the building of a PCB that played elevator music?

Luckily, Sonny, on a path to change his ways, came to the rescue, pushing his Step-Daddy-O to the side and taking over the alpaca reins, sending Nasser on vacation to Rome late last year during the time investors were expecting their units to start shipping.
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 30, 2013, 10:14:32 PM

the CEO of bfl has prooved he delivers (see their fpgas).
i dont care about his history. everybody has a chance to change himself.

i am still looking forward to my - really early ordered - bfl asic Cheesy

Just wondering...are you still waiting or have you gotten yours?
Bicknellski

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 03:55:08 AM

Still waiting?

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:36:36 AM

BTW...the title of this thread is still incorrect. The stepson was the person involved in the mail fraud allegations.
niko

Activity: 756

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:44:16 AM

BTW...the title of this thread is still incorrect. The stepson was the person involved in the mail fraud allegations.
Conviction, not allegations. Also, what do you mean by step son? Are you saying that BFL guy and the mail fraud convict are not the same person?

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
PeZ

Activity: 297

View Profile
June 11, 2013, 05:50:27 AM

Conviction, not allegations. Also, what do you mean by step son? Are you saying that BFL guy and the mail fraud convict are not the same person?
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: