Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 03:07:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Butterfly Labs CEO 25 Million USD Mail Fraud — A Concise Summary of Evidence  (Read 146788 times)
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:49:08 PM

So BFL has the time & money to send employees to London to show off working prototypes but can't take some cell phone photos and post them for everyone? Maybe a video of it hashing?

What kind of crap is this?

Ask and you shall receive:
whoa whoa whoa, back the forum train up a bit here.  What the fuck are any of you in the last 1.5 pages talking about?!  There was some conference and he was there in person?  They showed up with an ASIC miner and auctioned it off?!  They just literally said 2 days ago that they aren't finished and they don't have a single working ASIC miner in their company's hands.  They assured everyone of this.  So they showed up at some alleged conference that someone posted about out on nowhere and not 1 single person took a photo? Not one single Bitcoin Talk forum member who attended this huge, elaborate, epic event owns a cell phone with a camera or thought it was worth snapping a photo?  Do you fake ass forum members posting all this pretend bullshit really believe anyone to believe it?  Mods, get out the ban hammer hard.  That or some of you better start explaining

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Are any of you talking(/lying?) about?!?!?!

Please lean in real close to your computer screen so I can SMACK THE F*CK OUT OF YOU.

Perhaps your paranoia can be assuaged ever so gently:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6fuEKqGSsQ

WATCH IT AND STFU.

Could you link to the time in the video that shows an ASIC device?  I see 0.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:51:17 PM

So BFL has the time & money to send employees to London to show off working prototypes but can't take some cell phone photos and post them for everyone? Maybe a video of it hashing?

whoa whoa whoa, back the forum train up a bit here.  What the fuck are any of you in the last 1.5 pages talking about?!  There was some conference and he was there in person?  They showed up with an ASIC miner and auctioned it off?!  They just literally said 2 days ago that they aren't finished and they don't have a single working ASIC miner in their company's hands.  They assured everyone of this.  So they showed up at some alleged conference that someone posted about out on nowhere and not 1 single person took a photo? Not one single Bitcoin Talk forum member who attended this huge, elaborate, epic event owns a cell phone with a camera or thought it was worth snapping a photo?  Do you fake ass forum members posting all this pretend bullshit really believe anyone to believe it?  Mods, get out the ban hammer hard.  That or some of you better start explaining

WHAT

THE

FUCK

Please lean in real close to your computer screen so I can SMACK THE F*CK OUT OF YOU.

Perhaps your paranoia can be assuaged ever so gently:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6fuEKqGSsQ

WATCH IT AND STFU.

Could you link to the time in the video that shows an ASIC device?  I see 0.
+1
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:51:32 PM

Interesting. So the prototype Single did 1.4GH/s?
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:52:06 PM

WHAT

THE

FUCK

WATCH IT AND STFU.

Could you link to the time in the video that shows an ASIC device?  I see 0.

Listen carefully, the audio is crap, but right at the start of the video in he picks up a small cube and says (at 8 seconds) "A prototype one like this". Obviously this video wasn't made with the intention of dispelling JFK assassination level paranoia, (I didn't make it) but that is the ASIC prototype the people who were at the conference and saw it are talking about.

more or less retired.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:53:49 PM

Interesting. So the prototype Single did 1.4GH/s?

Apparently so. Josh said it's some sort of first generation that they decided not to sell. I think it's same form factor as the current FPGA singles, but twice the hash or so.

more or less retired.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:54:05 PM

WHAT

THE

FUCK

WATCH IT AND STFU.

Listen carefully, the audio is crap, but right at the start of the video in he picks up a small cube and says (at 8 seconds) "A prototype one like this". Obviously this video wasn't made with the intention of dispelling JFK assassination level paranoia, (I didn't make it) but that is the ASIC prototype the people who were at the conference and saw it are talking about.

It looks like that box you are talking about was an FPGA single..
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:54:25 PM

Yeah, looks exactly like a FPGA single.
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:56:06 PM

It's stuffed in a FPGA single box, but the back where the connectors are is drilled out as the ASIC had a slightly different form factor and it didn't quite fit.

Hopefully people can appreciate that cosmetically there wouldn't be any evidence as to how powerful it was.

more or less retired.
greyhawk

Activity: 952

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:57:19 PM

It's stuffed in a FPGA single box, but the back where the connectors are is drilled out as the ASIC had a slightly different form factor and it didn't quite fit.

Hopefully people can appreciate that cosmetically there wouldn't be any evidence as to how powerful it was.

It should have had racing stripes at least.  Grin
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 03:59:22 PM

WHAT

THE

FUCK

WATCH IT AND STFU.

That is a FPGA device.  "Prototype" != "ASIC"

No ASICs to be found.
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:00:10 PM

He even said this is a "1.5 g/h upgrade" which looks like they are somehow getting the minis up to 1.5 g/h.

The smallest ASIC they are offering is the "jalapeno" at 3.5 g/h.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:07:14 PM

He even said this is a "1.5 g/h upgrade" which looks like they are somehow getting the minis up to 1.5 g/h.

Or they stuffed two FPGA boards into one enclosure.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:07:26 PM

The smallest ASIC they are offering is the "jalapeno" at 3.5 g/h.

That's a prototype FPGA using the boards then went into the MiniRig.

Buy & Hold
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:12:15 PM

I give up, you guys are right, It's all staged!

The conference was a total fake, we filmed it on a film set in Hollywood. Everyone was an actor. The BFL rigs aren't even there, we added them with CGI in post. We just wanted to steal your BTC and screw AMD out of GPU sales for a couple months. Keep mining your GPU, all is fine....

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

more or less retired.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:14:30 PM

So we can establish that no live demonstration of an ASIC device at the conference then? That Josh dude looks alright but if it is a scam, he might not be privy to it.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:15:25 PM

...And yes, there was a conference, a few hundred people attended including some top dev's and pool operators...

Were they real people or just virtual sock puppets?
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:17:27 PM

crazy_rabbit, you getting hot under scarf. you ordered the ASIC rig or sumnmat?

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
FlipPro
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:17:48 PM

...And yes, there was a conference, a few hundred people attended including some top dev's and pool operators...

Were they real people or just virtual sock puppets?

The conference happened... Lets not stray from the BFL related topics at hand.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2012, 04:21:09 PM

This is the phenomenon of a captured market.  In a captured market the vendor can be non receptive or lacking proper communication with the customer.

If competitive market pressure existed in a substantial way, BFL would have to compete not only on technology, but on customer relationships.

The presence of BFL at the Bitcoin 2012 conference is primarily to gain more exposure and mingle with the Bitcoin elite.

And therein lies the rub, for BFL does have to compete with others, so why auction off the technology that could easily be reverse-engineered prior to shipping their first device? Could the answer be like I guess you guys don't need these anymore, but look at what we got down the pike. Here's a classic comedy skit with Pete Barbutti on Johnny Carson depicting what I'm speaking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkixTbOchE

So we can establish that no live demonstration of an ASIC device at the conference then? That Josh dude looks alright but if it is a scam, he might not be privy to it.

The last sentence is strong possibility, for even J. Orlin Grabbe had alpaca wool pulled over his eyes while the confidence men marketed Laissez Faire City.

~Bruno~
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 21, 2012, 04:26:18 PM

And therein lies the rub, for BFL does have to compete with others, so why auction off the technology that could easily be reverse-engineered prior to shipping their first device? Could the answer be like I guess you guys don't need these anymore, but look at what we got down the pike. Here's a classic comedy skit with Pete Barbutti on Johnny Carson depicting what I'm speaking of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzkixTbOchE

~Bruno~

Do you have any idea how expensive and difficult it is to reverse engineer an ASIC? At very best they could RE the command structure into the chip and learn how to interface to it, but given how well know SHA2 hashing is it would be a lot fast, cheaper and simpler to just design your own.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: