Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why have Bitcoin instead of cash?  (Read 246123 times)
natka

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:22:17 PM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

1) More security (especially if you are careful).

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

3) Fast, worldwide transactions at your fingertips.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
  I absolutely agree with all the above arguments. One bad thing is that today you can not use bitcoin as a payment system, but I think that soon it will be possible.
Happydd

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 08:24:51 AM

I recently paid for some local tacos using Bitcoin. My friend who was unfamilar with Bitcoin thought it was strange, like I technically didn't pay for them or something. We got into discussing Bitcoin and one of the questions he asked me was:
"Why would you want Bitcoins instead of cash?". For a second I didn't know what to say; then I thought about it and here is what I came up with. Feel free to contribute to this.

2) Bitcoins are a potential investment, cash is not. Paper currency only really goes down in value, Bitcoins have a lot of potential to be worth more as time goes on.

4) Similar to #3, but it's a universal currency. It's legal in most countries of the world and you don't need any kind of currency conversion to send money to people in a different country than your own.
Bitcoin can replace the money because Bitcoin can move quickly and quite anonymously, because transactions need not be linked by certain information. Transactions are tracked on an online database called a blockchain, which is shared across the network in peer-to-peer mode. People can use Bitcoin to send money to friends and relatives in other countries without spending a penny.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:20:37 AM

Bitcoin hiding is easy. bitcoin transfer is very easy. so of course it should be preferred.
I am only using bitcoin instead of paper money as paper money can only help me in meeting all my needs and wants. There is nothing good or profitable which I can get even by keeping all my paper money in banks for a long period of time.

Keeping of bitcoin on the other hand actually helps me in making a huge amount of money as its market value rises every passing moment and this is why we all need to go for bitcoin instead of cash.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:24:13 AM

Bitcoin hiding is easy. bitcoin transfer is very easy. so of course it should be preferred.

i also preferred bitcoin rather than cash if we talk about gaining high profit. bitcoin volatility is very unpredictable when it pumps up, it will totally increase, so if you are a risk taker you are suited here specially in trading, bitcoin can make your profit double or triple specially if you hit the right timing, that is why lots of investor are trying their lucks in investing their money by buying huge amount of bitcoin and alt coins. on the other hand cash have the assurance that you will gain profit but it takes a long time to get your return of investment.
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:39:26 AM

Better to save bitcoin than paper money, bitcoin earn more quickly and then you can use it to online merchants. I earn a paper money here on bitcoin through trade and investments. So instead of saving the bank with cash try to invest bitcoin and see who they are more profitable. But after that you just make some search how to grow you bitcoin .

dhaliaCapricorn

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:53:47 AM

It's safe to save your investments and you may monitor it from you've done in a whole day.

You can use it everywhere.

You can easily cash out to any bank or outlet.

You can really have an access to pay to.

And most especially you can earn more at bitcoin other else.
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 09:49:49 AM

It's safe to save your investments and you may monitor it from you've done in a whole day.

You can use it everywhere.

You can easily cash out to any bank or outlet.

You can really have an access to pay to.

And most especially you can earn more at bitcoin other else.
Because the you can earn profit in having bitcoin rather than having cash. BTC is decentralized, its price goes up and down while cash is not. You can sell btc when its price goes up for you to have a profit.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
rickyNmorty

Activity: 451
Merit: 15

Investor

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:25:36 AM

I'll just add, To my perspective it's just like this if you have cash you only have it as it is, but if you are open-minded to everything and you can take risks in investing to bitcoin that will make your money much more because of the escalating value of bitcoin you just have to be patient enough to wait.
Potatohead

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:46:27 AM

I think the good thing about bitcoin is the fact that it is more volatile than cash, and with the technology that we have which keeps on innovating, we need to be aware that the most convenient to use in the world of internet will always be bitcoin or other cryptocurrency rather than cash. Cash is bound to be extinct in the future.
Rhaiyah

Activity: 92

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:11:21 PM

I think the good thing about bitcoin is the fact that it is more volatile than cash, and with the technology that we have which keeps on innovating, we need to be aware that the most convenient to use in the world of internet will always be bitcoin or other cryptocurrency rather than cash. Cash is bound to be extinct in the future.

Many people are using technology and that is the reason why some of us use bitcoin, we easily pay our bills through internet and we know that it is easy transaction than cash that hassle in traffic and need to spend more time.
Laokong

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:52:03 PM

Bitcoin is a good thing bacause it is more than use than cash, in this generation were using technology so that some of us are using bitcoin and because of that we can easily pay our bills through internet.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:25:43 PM

The volatility of bitcoin makes me fall in love with the bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies because i can trade with their volatility to generate fast profit which is bigger than my profits that i usually gain in trading stocks in the stock market and i think that this is the next big market that will boom and the stock market will have a huge decrease on the investors and traders in the next following years.
miradorme

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:33:47 PM

The way I see it, Bitcoin gives us the true freedom of currency. We are not dependent upon any system to use our money. So it basically is and always will be BTCFREEDOMBTC
Because Bitcoin more dreams that will achieve everyone can own Bitcoin.
Utanjaran

Activity: 86

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:22:43 PM

Because bitcoin can function as an asset as well as means of payment (by converting into fiat). And of course, this is multiprofit where by holding bitcoin whose value continues to grow YoY.
vinz7229

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 08:55:54 AM

I'll just add, To my perspective it's just like this if you have cash you only have it as it is, but if you are open-minded to everything and you can take risks in investing to bitcoin that will make your money much more because of the escalating value of bitcoin you just have to be patient enough to wait.

Aside from that, in order for you to participate in what ever transaction that needs bitcoin,  you need to buy Bitcoin so that you can make all things possible such as, buying different kinds of altcoin, investing in trading, lending gambling etc. Another is, Bitcoin is a profitable asset's we're in you can earn as much as doble to your investment because of Bitcoin volatility, but make you do a daily monitoring so that can't missed the opportunity when Bitcoin is pumping up Wink
ultraminer11

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:27:08 AM

Because bitcoin can function as an asset as well as means of payment (by converting into fiat). And of course, this is multi profit where by holding bitcoin whose value continues to grow .yoy.
absolutely right that bitcoin is big asset in term of value because its value is more than gold and other asset. by holding  bitcoin is more  better than saving fiat in  the banks and on other places .because it is more profitable. but In reality many people are using cash for their daily needs. But people that know about bitcoin they use bitcoin more than cash. Because they know what the advantages are. There are people too that don,t even know what Bitcoins is, and then they don,t use it because they don,t trust it.
Masongrae

Activity: 223

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 06:58:22 PM

Cash is stable unless you will work for it to make it high, while Bitcoin is an asset, once you have it even without working for it, you can earn cause the value is moving up, and if you work for it, like investing or buying and selling, its faster for you to become rich. And also makes the trasaction easier, like paying of bills, sending money to love ones etc.. and you can control it anywhere, anytime, no hassle. Only gadget, internet and you as open minded and smart are required.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
Zebratoys

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:19:41 PM

Actually, both is good when you purchase things but a pkus to bitcoin is that it offers security. Security in a sense that you don't have to bring money with you in which your money is protected incase you get robbed. Another is the convenience, when you are in another country, you don't need to go to a money changer and have your money changed to that countries currency; this works though if the country you are in accelts bitcoin as payment. Another plus for bitcoin is that it is not only used in purchasing stuffs but it can also serve as an investment.
I think you should know the basic functions of both. Bitcoin and Cash have their own uniqueness and advantages. You can not select Bitcoin over Cash, and vice versa. You can not ignore Bitcoin and prefer Cash. Both of us need and are very important for our lives. If I think, people choose Bitcoin for various reasons. For example, like investing, we all know that Bitcoin prices are always on the rise, so people want to save Bitcoin to sell it when the price goes up. People also like to do transactions using cryptocurrency because in the world of cryptocurrency, there is no limit whatsoever for us to do transactions. However, there is a disadvantage that the price of cryptocurrency is always up and down. That is way, Cash is needed.
Gold has become money gradually and over time. Dollars are used because people are forced to use them. The cost of bitcoin as money must be understood as that of gold and comes not from legal coercion, but from the specific characteristics of the currency.
Gold is not having more than bitcoin because bitcoin is better than even nothing is better than bitcoin. it is true in some countries bitcoin is ban and people are forced to use only dollar or some country currency instead of gold or bitcoin and in the list most popular name of countries are china and south Korea. This thing is bad for bitcoin future in that country only but as a whole this thing will not affect the price of bitcoin. So gold is more convenient and reliable to use than anything else.
ashlyvash00

Activity: 434
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 03:22:31 AM

Because bitcoin has much sexured than cash and it easy to transact no hasel. Both i think it twice they are both good. Because bitcoin cannot transact with a mall but not all there are store in a mall now accepting bitcoin.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 05:10:25 AM

Cash is stable unless you will work for it to make it high, while Bitcoin is an asset, once you have it even without working for it, you can earn cause the value is moving up, and if you work for it, like investing or buying and selling, its faster for you to become rich. And also makes the trasaction easier, like paying of bills, sending money to love ones etc.. and you can control it anywhere, anytime, no hassle. Only gadget, internet and you as open minded and smart are required.
Cash are being used by all of use while bitcoin is not, in fact only few population in this world are using bitcoin so we cannot beat cash.
Even those people who are investing will still choose cash as they cannot spend their bitcoins without cash, the current situation today just prove
how unstable bitcoin is, and if you are only using bitcoin for online transaction, you might be worried with the price dropping.
Pages: « 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 [174] 175 176 177 »
  Print  

Jump to: