Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:53:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst mistake you did with Bitcoin?  (Read 135091 times)
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:33:05 PM

That is the mistake committed by majority of us for not entering into bitcoin at a right time but never the less I think now we are at the best place to become rich in future.

You think that is a mistake? It's not a mistake. Of course no one knows what will happen back then so others didn't get to involved to. Better to take it as a charge to experience. Mistake is an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong, if people are not aware in bitcoin first or already aware but didn't get into it at first then that is not a mistake since they are not misguided here.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 05, 2016, 02:34:50 PM

I still remember my first bitcoin transaction and it was sent to wrong address and I think that was a wake up call for me, so now I check twice before sending.
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2016, 03:11:59 AM

Had several chances to by 500BTC @ $2 a coin...spent $1K on hardware instead. About 12 months later coins soared to $50 then $500 and a mad rush to $1200... Could have turned $1k in $600K but only managed $1K into $7K with hardware mining.

Kicking myself as wife agreed to invest $2K total but I cut it back to $1K in hardware because I am a tech-head. New about hardware but not currency  Sad

Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:20:21 AM

At initial stage I invested my money in doubler and cloud mining sites, which turned out to be a ponzi schemes and I lost everything that I invested into it.
it seems you should see and reasearch on investment sites that will you use. see if there are signs that the site is the site of a ponzi? do occasionally to try double. if you can not accept defeat
That's the basic requirement when investment an amount regardless of how much it is, you should research well the company you are planning to invest, this is to minimize the risk and to be confident with your investment. Don't invest blindly.
a little research regarding these sites is very important before investing because we can see scammers everywhere as i had lost few coins before few weeks in a ponzi site.
I guess your little research also will not enough to be staying safe from ponzi sites. we need to have strong resolution like not joining any greed inducing websites. It can be either gambling / cloud mining / doubling sites. Otherwise, the mistakes with bitcoin investments will chase us always.
Icathia

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 06:50:20 AM

At initial stage I invested my money in doubler and cloud mining sites, which turned out to be a ponzi schemes and I lost everything that I invested into it.
it seems you should see and reasearch on investment sites that will you use. see if there are signs that the site is the site of a ponzi? do occasionally to try double. if you can not accept defeat
That's the basic requirement when investment an amount regardless of how much it is, you should research well the company you are planning to invest, this is to minimize the risk and to be confident with your investment. Don't invest blindly.
a little research regarding these sites is very important before investing because we can see scammers everywhere as i had lost few coins before few weeks in a ponzi site.
I guess your little research also will not enough to be staying safe from ponzi sites. we need to have strong resolution like not joining any greed inducing websites. It can be either gambling / cloud mining / doubling sites. Otherwise, the mistakes with bitcoin investments will chase us always.
There are a lot of people that is making mistakes with Bitcoin and that is because the value is not even high and they want to gamble but that is quite risky.
It is not that bad to make mistakes with Bitcoin because you also can learn from your mistakes.
bitdumper

Activity: 266

One world One currency, Bitcoin.

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 07:39:43 AM

My biggest mistake was to keep password same everywhere. That resulted me a loss of 0.5 BTC. The second mistake why I didn't recognized its potential earlier.

darewaller

Activity: 2828
Merit: 634

"CoinPoker.com"

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:26:05 AM

I believe, most of the bitcoiners had done this mistake in their bitcoin life.  Because cloud mining were seeming an opportunity for every bitcoiner to be participating in the most exciting part of bitcoin: mining. But unfortunately many of the cloud mining site ended up in scamming.
I agree. But I'm not ready to accept cloud mining investments as the worst mistake. Because, cloud mining can not be a greedy or foolish mistake. People wanted to utilize the opportunity in front of them, unfortunately those opportunities were offered by some scam People.

klf
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:27:21 AM

There are a lot of people that is making mistakes with Bitcoin and that is because the value is not even high and they want to gamble but that is quite risky.
It is not that bad to make mistakes with Bitcoin because you also can learn from your mistakes.
Nothing will waste if you spent time for any thing and it's not worked means we can not think it's waste of our time it will use in any time in future like wise investing about site also good because all sites are not making scamm right we will get some good sites also so here i agree some investigation is required for gmabling/trading/cloud mining anything if we want to do any new business means we have to search regarding that and will move forward.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:41:39 AM

I believe, most of the bitcoiners had done this mistake in their bitcoin life.  Because cloud mining were seeming an opportunity for every bitcoiner to be participating in the most exciting part of bitcoin: mining. But unfortunately many of the cloud mining site ended up in scamming.
I agree. But I'm not ready to accept cloud mining investments as the worst mistake. Because, cloud mining can not be a greedy or foolish mistake. People wanted to utilize the opportunity in front of them, unfortunately those opportunities were offered by some scam People.
Well, there are a lot people that invested in certain cloud mining sites while they knew it was nothing more than a scam bubble that will pop at some point. That's not only greed from people, but also stupidity.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Doms

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:49:26 AM

If helps that there's a thread like this one. It is sort of a reminder of the blunders, mistakes of the past, charge-to-experience moments we as members of BTC has gone through one time or another. I can see a lot of regrets from joining ponzi schemes and cloud mining sites.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:52:55 AM

My biggest mistake was to keep password same everywhere. That resulted me a loss of 0.5 BTC. The second mistake why I didn't recognized its potential earlier.
I always use different passwords and keep in a secret location in my house. Also known as my desk drawer. Never use the same passwords for multiple websites, you will end up hating yourself when it all comes crashing down.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
iulianbutanu

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 08:53:51 AM

My first 1 btc I gambled on prime dice. 1 btc on 1.1x payout and I lost it Sad
peta4e

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 09:36:52 AM

I always use different passwords and keep in a secret location in my house. Also known as my desk drawer. Never use the same passwords for multiple websites, you will end up hating yourself when it all comes crashing down.

Its always good to have multiple passwords but people have habit of using same password for multiple sites which will result in huge loss if something goes wrong in future.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:00:30 AM

Its always good to have multiple passwords but people have habit of using same password for multiple sites which will result in huge loss if something goes wrong in future.
People tend to use the same password for more than one website, just for the convenience. I definitely do not recommend it as you could lose a lot of money if anything goes wrong.
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:12:31 AM

Invested  in doubler hoping that my bitcoins will be doubled in few days and also invested lot in gambling and lost everything, that was the biggest mistake.

Yeas, that is really big mistake, because i have seen most of the people who done this. they are earning very hardly and when they play gambling and then they lose everything. i always advice to everyone avoid the gambling.
senyorito123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 505

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:18:28 AM

Invested  in doubler hoping that my bitcoins will be doubled in few days and also invested lot in gambling and lost everything, that was the biggest mistake.

Yeas, that is really big mistake, because i have seen most of the people who done this. they are earning very hardly and when they play gambling and then they lose everything. i always advice to everyone avoid the gambling.

I seen many doublers are scattered in fb groups and surely the winner of doublers is those early birds and thats one of my mistake investing to that i lose not very big but its also a money  and other mistake is indulging in gambling im hoping at first to earn more money with gambling but turn i lost big with it and i really not looking at gambling now

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:26:23 AM

I seen many doublers are scattered in fb groups and surely the winner of doublers is those early birds and thats one of my mistake investing to that i lose not very big but its also a money  and other mistake is indulging in gambling im hoping at first to earn more money with gambling but turn i lost big with it and i really not looking at gambling now

There is nothing like doubling your coins, if you want to double then you need to put efforts and work hard to achieve it there is no short cut to success.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 10:37:44 AM

There is nothing like doubling your coins, if you want to double then you need to put efforts and work hard to achieve it there is no short cut to success.

Yup! there is no such thing as easy in doubling your coins especially when it is bitcoin, you will totally need to work hard, time, knowledge, skill and patient to do this and to do successful trading you will also need all of this in achieving your double coins.
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:24:48 AM

Yup! there is no such thing as easy in doubling your coins especially when it is bitcoin, you will totally need to work hard, time, knowledge, skill and patient to do this and to do successful trading you will also need all of this in achieving your double coins.

Yes without making efforts you cannot double your coins, many sites promises to double your coins but those all are ponzi so beware of those scammers.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 06, 2016, 11:31:56 AM

Yes without making efforts you cannot double your coins, many sites promises to double your coins but those all are ponzi so beware of those scammers.

Yup! there are surely a lot of ponzi sites out there that is why you will need to try and study their sites first before letting them have your  money because it will be a trouble if they would end up scamming your bitcoins and then you will feel sorry for what you did!
Pages: « 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: