Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 10:11:19 AM

My answer would be NO. I've been on my profession for over 10 years now and I've been through a lot and gained a lot of experience and knowledge in my field. I feel that I'm better off with something that I'm familiar with, that gives me a stable income. Earnings in bitcoin for me, are just bonus, which I'm grateful I've discovered by the way.

And don't just waste your hardearned profession which took you some studies just because of bitcoin job. And besides you can earn a lot even as bitcoin as side job. Those bitcoin dream price surely won't happen in an instant so why leave your jobs just because of this if you have a stable job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
italianobitcoin

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

Forza Italia

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:00:55 PM

Since I do not have any job, so I am already full time on bitcoin & it is not a bad option as I am earning enough for my pocket money . Cheesy

Grats! I assume you don't have a family to care about and you don't have to pay bills right? I think you are a student and that's good that you have the opporunity to earn some extra pocket money.
I was in college even though I do not have a job but I also have another focus as complete a task from college and my time is divided between college course. so I can not like you. in full time work in bitcoin.
but despite that I use the break is a time to work in bitcoin. probably around 8 hours to work in bitcoin Cheesy
is could call full time ?

That will be bad if you are doing that because than you will never know what will happen with your life and that is the problem and your life will also to be risky.
So it would be better if you just have a daily job and see Bitcoin as a bonus or something and that you can earn a little bit money with Bitcoin.
eddyubachs

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 02:22:46 PM

My answer would be NO. I've been on my profession for over 10 years now and I've been through a lot and gained a lot of experience and knowledge in my field. I feel that I'm better off with something that I'm familiar with, that gives me a stable income. Earnings in bitcoin for me, are just bonus, which I'm grateful I've discovered by the way.

That's good, it's bonkers to waste our career in exchange of collecting bitcoin when we know our fields much better and could earn easily with that than collecting bitcoin.. But of course, bitcoin is a extra income to many of us..

Yeah but there are many people who are earning and depending only on bitcoin for living, but you can do that only if  you hold multiple skills to do that.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:59:55 AM

That's good, it's bonkers to waste our career in exchange of collecting bitcoin when we know our fields much better and could earn easily with that than collecting bitcoin.. But of course, bitcoin is a extra income to many of us..

Yeah but there are many people who are earning and depending only on bitcoin for living, but you can do that only if  you hold multiple skills to do that.

Just depending upon a single method of earning won't help you earn for a living. Multiple methods of earning is needed for a successful living. But to involve in multiple skills daytime is completely needed.
tiffyroman

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:08:00 AM

Yeah but there are many people who are earning and depending only on bitcoin for living, but you can do that only if you hold multiple skills to do that.

Just depending upon a single method of earning won't help you earn for a living. Multiple methods of earning is needed for a successful living. But to involve in multiple skills daytime is completely needed.

Having multiple skills is not for everyone. There are only a small percentage of people who can and will be successful going full time on Bitcoins.
Scream

Activity: 476

U will never know the true answer, before you try

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 06:53:20 AM

all depending on income. I am sure you will stop working if you get a big income from bitcoin. especially when you work with bitcoin, you will be comfortable working at home and at any time to monitor your family. essentially work with bitcoin will be more comfortable.
thend1949

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:02:31 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.
It depends if I have stable earning here than my work, i will resign, but if i can do it everyday this two jobs why i resign? Its more income if you have many jobs, if you cant :/ , just resign . BUT me i think i can do it
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:08:21 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.
It depends if I have stable earning here than my work, i will resign, but if i can do it everyday this two jobs why i resign? Its more income if you have many jobs, if you cant :/ , just resign . BUT me i think i can do it

Doing both the things in always good, it will multiply your income which can be helpful in future, only depending on bitcoin is not recommended as the future of bitcoin in unpredictable.
lister storm

Activity: 770

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 11:29:31 AM

i dont think that i would ever go full time on bitcoin for sure because in my opinion i wouldnt have a possibility to make the money that i do make in my regular job right now

besides that i think that price might drop pretty soon because of price fluctuations, if this would happen i might get broke and i wouldnt have any money
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 11:30:05 AM

Doing both the things in always good, it will multiply your income which can be helpful in future, only depending on bitcoin is not recommended as the future of bitcoin in unpredictable.

Yes indulging on those two is very good you can earn two income with that and just treat bitcoin as side income because we dont know what might happen for bitcoin in future. And for quiting job to do full time in bitcoin i think its very bad idea but if you earn big and have a company involves in bitcoin well why not.

peta4e

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 11:32:37 AM

Yes indulging on those two is very good you can earn two income with that and just treat bitcoin as side income because we dont know what might happen for bitcoin in future. And for quiting job to do full time in bitcoin i think its very bad idea but if you earn big and have a company involves in bitcoin well why not.

To start a company we need some huge investment, but its not a bad idea I guess, but at a moment I think bitcoin is good only as a passive income and the primary income.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 12:35:51 PM

To start a company we need some huge investment, but its not a bad idea I guess, but at a moment I think bitcoin is good only as a passive income and the primary income.

Yeah bitcoin is very good investment but if your risktaker you can put big money and make your own investment  firm in bitcoin i think in that way you cam quit your job because you earning big and enough to make a living. And surely in that case you can earn passive and you will not get tired because money works for you not you work for money.

mark coins

Activity: 910

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:40:15 PM

Yeah bitcoin is very good investment but if your risktaker you can put big money and make your own investment  firm in bitcoin i think in that way you cam quit your job because you earning big and enough to make a living. And surely in that case you can earn passive and you will not get tired because money works for you not you work for money.

Yeah but spending 24/7 in front of laptop is really weird I guess, not possible for everyone but if you can manage to do that then you can expect good income from it.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 12:41:15 PM

I would only start a company if had a buffer of 1 year to live without income from this company. Else it would not make sense.
Like you say it needs a big investment and with companies the first 2/3 years are all about investing and investing.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
GermanFoobla

Activity: 322

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:21:25 AM

No because I am not sure if I am going to be able to make a living out of Bitcoin. If it was guaranteed that I would become a millionaire with Bitcoin Then I would do it. But for now I just do it on the side as an extra.   
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:52:59 AM

No because I am not sure if I am going to be able to make a living out of Bitcoin. If it was guaranteed that I would become a millionaire with Bitcoin Then I would do it. But for now I just do it on the side as an extra.   

Yeah and it would be very risky to depend only on bitcoin at a moment and even in future too, so its always good to treat bitcoin as an passive income.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:29:10 AM

It depends honestly. If the job is providing stable income with a stable company.
A new company which can fall or go bankrupt would not be my first choice. I don't like risky companies.
gtglener

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:34:40 AM

I would only start a company if had a buffer of 1 year to live without income from this company. Else it would not make sense.
Like you say it needs a big investment and with companies the first 2/3 years are all about investing and investing.

yeah, for starting any company we will have to make sure that in the first year we will not get any profit from it, but the first year is of the year of investment, Ihave saw a number of people who start a good business and they do not wait for the establish of the company and sooner exact on that year they finish everything, saying that the business was unprofitable.
Vaskiy
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:39:47 AM

It depends honestly. If the job is providing stable income with a stable company.
A new company which can fall or go bankrupt would not be my first choice. I don't like risky companies.
To be frank everyone will expect a stable income, if bitcoin provide us money more than this stable income I don't have any objection to work full time for bitcoin. I have a small job with little earning and the working time is also small, so am handling bitcoin along with it.

dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:45:43 AM

To be frank everyone will expect a stable income, if bitcoin provide us money more than this stable income I don't have any objection to work full time for bitcoin. I have a small job with little earning and the working time is also small, so am handling bitcoin along with it.
all have risks, companies or bitcoin the same.
but if we want to get a stable income in bitcoin depend on ourselves. we have to work hard in bitcoin and have a way or strategy to get a lot of bitcoin.
but if in the company of all dependent the company even if you are working hard.
Pages: « 1 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 [121] 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: