Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:10:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:46:32 AM

My day job offers more upside than BTC. I have annual merit increase, HMO card, vacation and sick leaves, bonus towards the end of the year, seminars and trainings, events, free movies and concerts. Those are some of the reasons why going full time on BTC is hardly an option.

Thats is true. Plus a good experience and a social life with your officemates. And more is a stable income that will allow you to not get scared of whether you will lose income or not.
Having a good experience in real working environment is only good when your are still young but when you get older and keep doing the same job then that is boring plus if you are not receiving a raise that is sad. People want extra money to get to free by going to vacation and other fun stuffs,by investing in bitcoins we can achieve that in the future.
if bitcoin has a future that will last long enough, bitcoin is the best choice for investment when you are old, because you will not probably work, while your energy is not strong enough to do anything.

That's true, after working your daily job for a long time and if bitcoin still does exist that time. You may now retire to your daily job if you get older and go full time with bitcoin, you are still earning. Cheesy
By working we need also to think about our future because you cannot be good all the time, as the time goes by we become older and we are not that smart as we are at our young age. All we can do is while we are earning today we need to set aside a portion of our income to invest for the future and that is non other than bitcoins.
Just owning a few coins is often seen as an investment, but of course Bitcoin is money and you can invest money. In the same way it is possible to invest your coins and earn interest on them,  on top of any gains you get from price increases.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:54:12 AM

My day job offers more upside than BTC. I have annual merit increase, HMO card, vacation and sick leaves, bonus towards the end of the year, seminars and trainings, events, free movies and concerts. Those are some of the reasons why going full time on BTC is hardly an option.

Thats is true. Plus a good experience and a social life with your officemates. And more is a stable income that will allow you to not get scared of whether you will lose income or not.
Having a good experience in real working environment is only good when your are still young but when you get older and keep doing the same job then that is boring plus if you are not receiving a raise that is sad. People want extra money to get to free by going to vacation and other fun stuffs,by investing in bitcoins we can achieve that in the future.
if bitcoin has a future that will last long enough, bitcoin is the best choice for investment when you are old, because you will not probably work, while your energy is not strong enough to do anything.

That's true, after working your daily job for a long time and if bitcoin still does exist that time. You may now retire to your daily job if you get older and go full time with bitcoin, you are still earning. Cheesy
By working we need also to think about our future because you cannot be good all the time, as the time goes by we become older and we are not that smart as we are at our young age. All we can do is while we are earning today we need to set aside a portion of our income to invest for the future and that is non other than bitcoins.

Yes this is the time to earn as much money as can, and bitcoin is allowing us to make some extra money so its good earn from it, but depending only on it at a moment would be really risky.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:57:49 AM

Just owning a few coins is often seen as an investment, but of course Bitcoin is money and you can invest money. In the same way it is possible to invest your coins and earn interest on them,  on top of any gains you get from price increases.
investment in bitcoin is very easy, just buy and hold for a long time. but the risk is the price of bitcoin highly fluctuating. but I believe it is now a good time, because halving might make the price increase.

romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:29:19 AM

investment in bitcoin is very easy, just buy and hold for a long time. but the risk is the price of bitcoin highly fluctuating. but I believe it is now a good time, because halving might make the price increase.

Exactly every user has the hope of price increase after halving. Now the price is found stable which is expected to reach long time expected $500 before the days of halving.
Shibashi Dogemoto

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 10:32:33 AM

Exactly every user has the hope of price increase after halving. Now the price is found stable which is expected to reach long time expected $500 before the days of halving.

I think  $500 is achievable at the end of this month, but its not too high that we can afford to quit our job and get full time on bitcoin, if price reaches to $2k then we can think of it.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 02:51:41 PM

It would be bad for you if you are going to full time on Bitcoin and that is because you never know what is going to happen with Bitcoin and that is the problem.
So you life will depend on a currency and that is bad because than you cant also control your own life.
No I would never do that I just do not like taking this big of a risk. With my normal job I know that at the end of the month I am going to get paid.
With Bitcoin this is never going to be the case so I like to life my live safe.
tampazeus

Activity: 924

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 03:42:52 PM

It would be bad for you if you are going to full time on Bitcoin and that is because you never know what is going to happen with Bitcoin and that is the problem.
So you life will depend on a currency and that is bad because than you cant also control your own life.
No I would never do that I just do not like taking this big of a risk. With my normal job I know that at the end of the month I am going to get paid.

Yes even if your job is paying you less you should continue with it as you also get some benefits when you retire from the job, and you also know what are your earning and what are the expenses and how much you can save monthly.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 08:56:54 PM

Full time on bitcoin sees not bad, u can choose when you want to work and how much per day, but money will be so minor first two months i guess.

expert4knowledge

Activity: 826

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2016, 09:17:25 PM

Yes, but however if you think you may make more maybe 5 times more then you may revise your decision.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
goldcoinminer

Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:11:52 AM

Yes, but however if you think you may make more maybe 5 times more then you may revise your decision.
If you have a job that is very stressful and yet you are still earning a minimal amount of coins then it is better to work with bitcoins, you can have a lot of work here like signature campaign and at the same time you can do trading. By working with bitcoins you have your freedom to control your time and you are your own boss.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:33:41 AM

Full time on bitcoin sees not bad, u can choose when you want to work and how much per day, but money will be so minor first two months i guess.

It will be wise to invest all your time and effort in bitcoin world if you earn enough to sustain your daily needs. Maybe even if you don't get enough to sustain your daily needs for a short period of time and then there's a promotion coming, then it's okay to do that. It's not wise to quit your day job and stay starving your whole life.

Doms

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 03:49:06 AM

It will be wise to invest all your time and effort in bitcoin world if you earn enough to sustain your daily needs. Maybe even if you don't get enough to sustain your daily needs for a short period of time and then there's a promotion coming, then it's okay to do that. It's not wise to quit your day job and stay starving your whole life.
Even if you are earning enough to survive on a daily basis, you should still put into strong consideration your savings for the future. If you have a family and kids who are about to go to school, you'd have to save up for tuition fees, allowances, school projects, and what have you. You should also consider saving and investing for retirement and insurance in case you figure in a fatal accident.
amzee75

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:47:28 AM

i am working in btc trading market last three months as a part time because it's like a game.and risky   
rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:53:09 AM

Even if you are earning enough to survive on a daily basis, you should still put into strong consideration your savings for the future. If you have a family and kids who are about to go to school, you'd have to save up for tuition fees, allowances, school projects, and what have you. You should also consider saving and investing for retirement and insurance in case you figure in a fatal accident.

Yeah you are right. You should calculate for the future of your bitcoin's job, is bitcoin will be good or not for the future and compare with your real job and full time on bitcoin.
danherbias07
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1119

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:12:12 AM

Not just 2 months if you cant find a better and stable job that could work it out. Expenses will be the main problem here. Plus the payment for internet connection. Better save some first before starting it.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
goldcoinminer

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:50:20 AM

Not just 2 months if you cant find a better and stable job that could work it out. Expenses will be the main problem here. Plus the payment for internet connection. Better save some first before starting it.
Yeah! it is better to have a back up work in life. At least if one losses you can still have the other as your source of income. Day job offers us the best due to all the benefits we are receiving and we can also loan if we want money because we have something to show that we have work and we are capable to pay. Bitcoin is not yet fully recognized by the community so better be safe.
Fofofolo

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 08:26:54 AM

I agree with that. Well, we should not stop on being young. We dont really get old if we dont think about it. There are always something there to make a job fun. If you really like what you do there is no stopping that. Income from this currency is going there. To get some fun sometimes but that doesnt mean I have to go full time.
It is hard to go all in in Bitcoin and that is because you also dont even know what is going to happen with Bitcoin and that is the problem of Bitcoin.
But they have to know that it will be risky because the price is always changing, so you better have also a daily job.
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:23:45 AM

Yeah! it is better to have a back up work in life. At least if one losses you can still have the other as your source of income. Day job offers us the best due to all the benefits we are receiving and we can also loan if we want money because we have something to show that we have work and we are capable to pay. Bitcoin is not yet fully recognized by the community so better be safe.

Yeah day job offers you many benefits, as you are getting salary on monthly basis which is credited in bank, so your financial image also gets better in eyes of the bank, and bank can be helpful at the time of emergencies.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:42:15 AM

Yeah day job offers you many benefits, as you are getting salary on monthly basis which is credited in bank, so your financial image also gets better in eyes of the bank, and bank can be helpful at the time of emergencies.

Day job is the better option, as mentioned in the above quote day job helps at times of emergency which is hard with bitcoin. I think bitcoin as an additional earning and a saving for future.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:46:17 AM

Day job is the better option, as mentioned in the above quote day job helps at times of emergency which is hard with bitcoin. I think bitcoin as an additional earning and a saving for future.

Exactly bitcoin is a good as a part time income and cannot depend totally on it, as if you want to depend only on it then you need to earn high amount of bitcoin on monthly basis which is not possible for everyone.
Pages: « 1 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 [140] 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: