Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:44:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:44:47 PM

Quitting my job for the bitcoin is a whole sacrifice and I will never do this because I also have a family that I have to feed and because of that its not worth it in my eyes.

Agreed, day time job is better at this stage in compare to bitcoin, as we can never expect stable income from bitcoin, but day job offers you financial security.

That's the reality that day time job is way better than having a bitcoin job since bitcoin doesn't give an assurance that you could get a well
compensated job rather than the company that you are working with you day job.
It is still depends on the value of bitcoins you are holding, if we are talking of millions equivalent of bitcoins then you can have a good income doing day trade earning at least 5% a day. However, in contradiction you need to keep your job if it is worth than your bitcoin portfolio today.

The thing is if the bitcoins downfall happened (just for an example), and you are a full time bitcoiner. And you are trying to apply again
for a daily job, I think your bitcoin portfolio or bitcoin experience won't be considerable by the employer since it is digital and there is no paper
reference that can certify it.

That's true and if you have descent gap in your professional job then no employer will entertain you and at that stage it would be difficult to find good job.
So you are saying that before we go focus on bitcoins we need to have a stable job first and experience for a long period of time so that our career will be our first learning and then we focus on bitcoins. Am i right?

The fact is that you can focus on bitcoin in your extra time, you don't need to leave your job for bitcoin, what will you do in future if bitcoin simply disappears?

This is the best thing to do, you don't have to sacrifice your daily job for bitcoin, or your bitcoin job for your daily job.
You just need to manage it properly your time.

Vires in Numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:46:39 PM

Yes,if I start earning a regular income 5-6 btc per month I won't mind quitting my job to go full time on bitcoin, this way I will be working in field on my dream and get a good income for living.
saiha

Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 01:59:36 PM

Yes,if I start earning a regular income 5-6 btc per month I won't mind quitting my job to go full time on bitcoin, this way I will be working in field on my dream and get a good income for living.

Me either, if I'm earning 5-6 btc / month I will stick to it. And if there are offers but with small, I will also try to grab it but my most priority.
Would be the job that pays me most.

Vires in Numeris
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:01:03 PM

Quitting my job for the bitcoin is a whole sacrifice and I will never do this because I also have a family that I have to feed and because of that its not worth it in my eyes.

Agreed, day time job is better at this stage in compare to bitcoin, as we can never expect stable income from bitcoin, but day job offers you financial security.

That's the reality that day time job is way better than having a bitcoin job since bitcoin doesn't give an assurance that you could get a well
It is still depends on the value of bitcoins you are holding, if we are talking of millions equivalent of bitcoins then you can have a good income doing day trade earning at least 5% a day. However, in contradiction you need to keep your job if it is worth than your bitcoin portfolio today.

The thing is if the bitcoins downfall happened (just for an example), and you are a full time bitcoiner. And you are trying to apply again
for a daily job, I think your bitcoin portfolio or bitcoin experience won't be considerable by the employer since it is digital and there is no paper

That's true and if you have descent gap in your professional job then no employer will entertain you and at that stage it would be difficult to find good job.
So you are saying that before we go focus on bitcoins we need to have a stable job first and experience for a long period of time so that our career will be our first learning and then we focus on bitcoins. Am i right?

The fact is that you can focus on bitcoin in your extra time, you don't need to leave your job for bitcoin, what will you do in future if bitcoin simply disappears?

This is the best thing to do, you don't have to sacrifice your daily job for bitcoin, or your bitcoin job for your daily job.

Same with me. Actually that is what happening now. I dont need to give up any one of this. Do it at the same time. If you have 8 hours or 9 at work. You still got a lot of spare time to do bitcoin.
gerXhonza

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 02:03:37 PM

Same with me. Actually that is what happening now. I dont need to give up any one of this. Do it at the same time. If you have 8 hours or 9 at work. You still got a lot of spare time to do bitcoin.

Exactly that is the right way to follow, and for that you need to have excellent time management skills and that will help you in earning from both simultaneously.
bamboylee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:09:26 PM

Of course you have to consider first you and your family's sake before you consider quitting your job and going full time on bitcoin. That will be very inconsiderate if you quit your job and you have no stable earning in bitcoin. Quit your job if bitcoin can provide more money than your current job can give.

Even if you are earning more in bitcoin then your job its not recommended to quit your day job, as bitcoin is temporary and job is permanent, no one knows how long bitcoin will survive.

I don't think bitcoin is just temporary. It is quite stable and being adopted by more merchants now. I think it will last longer than what you are thinking. But if you do not fully trust bitcoin, you can always stay with your day job. But if you are bored with it, bitcoin is just here waiting for you.
sirohige

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 05:30:36 PM

now i have only arround $2000
My plan i have $10.000 then build my VGA RIG, mining new altcoin and focus at online ads, bitcoin earning, altcoin earning and more
hope i can build my rig in this year

Well that is a very high investment to get full time with online earnings and to earn bitcoin as well as other bitcoin.
You can build it if you will just work for it very hard.

My first plan, i build mining rig and iam still working at my realjob/daily job, then i can get double salary, from bitcoin (mining) and fromrealjob

after i have 5-6 mining RIG with 5-6vga for each rig, i will full time on bitcoin.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:09:32 PM

Me either, if I'm earning 5-6 btc / month I will stick to it. And if there are offers but with small, I will also try to grab it but my most priority.
5-6 BTC it very much, if I managed to generate a bitcoin that much in one month, maybe I will leave in a few years and build a business, but I would not quit my job because I really love my job

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

JessicaSe
Legendary

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:15:44 PM

5-6 BTC it very much, if I managed to generate a bitcoin that much in one month, maybe I will leave in a few years and build a business, but I would not quit my job because I really love my job

Even if you are able to manage to earn 1 or 2 btc in a month in your extra time that is well enough for you as an extra income and for that you really don't need to quit your job.
pisquare

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:16:20 PM

Do not put all of your eggs in one basket.If you do, take care of your basket...
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:40:30 PM

Of course you have to consider first you and your family's sake before you consider quitting your job and going full time on bitcoin. That will be very inconsiderate if you quit your job and you have no stable earning in bitcoin. Quit your job if bitcoin can provide more money than your current job can give.

Even if you are earning more in bitcoin then your job its not recommended to quit your day job, as bitcoin is temporary and job is permanent, no one knows how long bitcoin will survive.

What? "Permanent?"
Do you use to look all sides of the situation, there's a big chance that you won't survive a permanent job. There's so many reason why you can't be permanent on your job

Here are those:
*Same shit, different day - as time pass by you will feel that your job is going exactly the same as what you did yesterday, there's no excitement nor enjoyment anymore thus making you feel bored and stress. The reason you quit your job.
*Shitmates - this are your workmates who use to fuck you up all the time, talking back with you, pointing out all error to you. Making you feel so isolated with the company you use to work. I don't know why people really do this, I think they are just jealous.
*Pressure - the overload of work and unsatisfied income. You work load is like a 3 day work and you receive an income that's not fair enough.
*Fuck up system - Yeah right, those questionable deductions you have.
Jmild1

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:57:50 PM

Leaving your job is really a situational one. I see people here that they won't leave their job because they love, I also see people that they will do because they will earn alot more. We can't really give a one side answer for everyone, but we can give an information base on stability of the work. If you do full bitcoin, yes some people are right. People is really a new coin so far (5 years or more). But we can also say that it is getting spread really fast because of technology era we have.

So we can possibly say doing full time job in bitcoin is a gamble, but you can secure it buy withdrawing your bitcoin every month or trading it to fiat(so to be secure with the value you earn)
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:21:04 PM

Leaving your job is really a situational one. I see people here that they won't leave their job because they love, I also see people that they will do because they will earn alot more. We can't really give a one side answer for everyone, but we can give an information base on stability of the work. If you do full bitcoin, yes some people are right. People is really a new coin so far (5 years or more). But we can also say that it is getting spread really fast because of technology era we have.

So we can possibly say doing full time job in bitcoin is a gamble, but you can secure it buy withdrawing your bitcoin every month or trading it to fiat(so to be secure with the value you earn)

I agree that we can convert it to fiat on monthly basis, but how long you are gonna do that? Until you are earning from it and nobody knows how long bitcoin will survive, so its better to play safe and continue with full time job.
Jmild1

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 07:48:06 PM

I agree that we can convert it to fiat on monthly basis, but how long you are gonna do that? Until you are earning from it and nobody knows how long bitcoin will survive, so its better to play safe and continue with full time job.
I just stated some possibilities why bitcoin stability will never be a conflict to give you profit. If you are earning a decent $ in bitcoin, you can withdraw it in monthly basis and the reason why many people leave full day job is for the things that I stated above(the first long statement I stated), things that we encouter in our day job. It is not the work only that we face when we enter the job. It is the surroundings too that's surround us. If you are somehow encountering those problems or conflicts of course you feel stress that you want to quit full day job anymore.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:52:02 AM

I just stated some possibilities why bitcoin stability will never be a conflict to give you profit. If you are earning a decent $ in bitcoin, you can withdraw it in monthly basis and the reason why many people leave full day job is for the things that I stated above(the first long statement I stated), things that we encouter in our day job. It is not the work only that we face when we enter the job. It is the surroundings too that's surround us. If you are somehow encountering those problems or conflicts of course you feel stress that you want to quit full day job anymore.
While doing full time with bitcoins, you are your own boss and you manage your time base on your preference, I think I can say that working with bitcoins will give you freedom.
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:27:55 AM

Do not put all of your eggs in one basket.If you do, take care of your basket...

This has a very significant meaning with the topic. If you can work for bitcoin and day job at the same time.
That's is a very helpful thing for you to have a very compensated job. It will just up to you, on how you are going to manage things for to your day job and to your bitcoin job.
Its good to keep both actually because they both gave us an income, its have to rely only in one source of income cause you never know the future, and it something bad happens at least you have a back up income.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 03:40:19 AM

This has a very significant meaning with the topic. If you can work for bitcoin and day job at the same time.
That's is a very helpful thing for you to have a very compensated job. It will just up to you, on how you are going to manage things for to your day job and to your bitcoin job.
Its good to keep both actually because they both gave us an income, its have to rely only in one source of income cause you never know the future, and it something bad happens at least you have a back up income.
I agree, we don't hold the future and we cannot predict what will happen to our economy, bitcoins and your job is a different industry for sure, if one industry collapsed then you still have one to survive.
wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:35:37 AM

so you think that bitcoin could not make a living for your family? there are a lot of some of my friends have a family and children, but they have gone full time for bitcoin, yes because they can get greater results from their previous work. they can get 1-5 BT /month

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 12:45:23 PM

so you think that bitcoin could not make a living for your family? there are a lot of some of my friends have a family and children, but they have gone full time for bitcoin, yes because they can get greater results from their previous work. they can get 1-5 BT /month

Its not possible for everyone to earn that amount in bitcoin per month, and to be honest my salary in fiat is more then 5 btc, then why should I quit my job.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 01:51:49 PM

Its not possible for everyone to earn that amount in bitcoin per month, and to be honest my salary in fiat is more then 5 btc, then why should I quit my job.

There are certain skills that are required to earn at least an average amount when doing this kind of thing. Unless you are good at those then it will really be hard to make a living through this kind of thing.
Pages: « 1 ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 [158] 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: