Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:14:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:20:02 PM

It depends honestly. If the job is providing stable income with a stable company.
A new company which can fall or go bankrupt would not be my first choice. I don't like risky companies.

Stable income is needed for a good living. The remaining part is upon every users personal interest to have a comfortable living or just live with the earned amount. According to this the user can select whether to go on bitcoin earning or earn with a stable daytime job.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:34:33 PM

It depends honestly. If the job is providing stable income with a stable company.
A new company which can fall or go bankrupt would not be my first choice. I don't like risky companies.

Stable income is needed for a good living. The remaining part is upon every users personal interest to have a comfortable living or just live with the earned amount. According to this the user can select whether to go on bitcoin earning or earn with a stable daytime job.

if I have enough money I would quit my job and start trade directly in bitcoins,  bitcoins is worth a lot so you make much profit.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:34:59 PM

I think is very difficult to think if bitcoin could be stabilized within a year. if it was me, maybe I will first see the kind of work I like it or not. if not, maybe I'll quit my job and started looking for bitcoin. but, if I like my job, I probably would devote time to work and earn bitcoin
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:46:17 PM

I think is very difficult to think if bitcoin could be stabilized within a year. if it was me, maybe I will first see the kind of work I like it or not. if not, maybe I'll quit my job and started looking for bitcoin. but, if I like my job, I probably would devote time to work and earn bitcoin

Even if you are earning good money from bitcoin at a moment, just think of future, as anything is possible with bitcoin in future either it will reach to the moon or else it will simply disappear, so don't ignore this factor too.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 05:55:54 PM

I would consider leaving my present 'day job' to work full time on development/ testing of bitcoin/alt code/technology when I can earn equal pay & other compensation to match where i am now

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

I would consider leaving my present 'day job' to work full time on development/ testing of bitcoin/alt code/technology when I can earn equal pay & other compensation to match where i am now

by creatng the right copy paste coin, you can actually make tons of money look at vitalik, he made a good new project and he is now millionare with his premine

no wonders that section is full of shitcoin, there is easy money to grab there...
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:44:24 PM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.
It depends if I have stable earning here than my work, i will resign, but if i can do it everyday this two jobs why i resign? Its more income if you have many jobs, if you cant :/ , just resign . BUT me i think i can do it

Doing both the things in always good, it will multiply your income which can be helpful in future, only depending on bitcoin is not recommended as the future of bitcoin in unpredictable.

Yes indulging on those two is very good you can earn two income with that and just treat bitcoin as side income because we dont know what might happen for bitcoin in future. And for quiting job to do full time in bitcoin i think its very bad idea but if you earn big and have a company involves in bitcoin well why not.

To start a company we need some huge investment, but its not a bad idea I guess, but at a moment I think bitcoin is good only as a passive income and the primary income.
I would only start a company if had a buffer of 1 year to live without income from this company. Else it would not make sense.
Like you say it needs a big investment and with companies the first 2/3 years are all about investing and investing.
But if you do not have enough funds to invest continuously for one year on your business then there are some other small businesses where you do not need to invest continuous like trade of physical goods and from the income of that you can start a company.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:52:19 PM

I would never do this, there are just too many risks that has to be taken to make some profit with the bitcoin itself.
I think you should also never do this if you have a well payed job and family.
terman45x

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 08:52:42 PM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.
It depends if I have stable earning here than my work, i will resign, but if i can do it everyday this two jobs why i resign? Its more income if you have many jobs, if you cant :/ , just resign . BUT me i think i can do it

Doing both the things in always good, it will multiply your income which can be helpful in future, only depending on bitcoin is not recommended as the future of bitcoin in unpredictable.

Yes indulging on those two is very good you can earn two income with that and just treat bitcoin as side income because we dont know what might happen for bitcoin in future. And for quiting job to do full time in bitcoin i think its very bad idea but if you earn big and have a company involves in bitcoin well why not.

To start a company we need some huge investment, but its not a bad idea I guess, but at a moment I think bitcoin is good only as a passive income and the primary income.
I would only start a company if had a buffer of 1 year to live without income from this company. Else it would not make sense.
Like you say it needs a big investment and with companies the first 2/3 years are all about investing and investing.
But if you do not have enough funds to invest continuously for one year on your business then there are some other small businesses where you do not need to invest continuous like trade of physical goods and from the income of that you can start a company.

That could be really risky if your business doesn't take off well, and if you have good stable job then you should continue with it rather then experimenting with your carrier.
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:59:57 PM

That could be really risky if your business doesn't take off well, and if you have good stable job then you should continue with it rather then experimenting with your carrier.

if we have a stable income of bitcoin, bitcoin even sometimes unpredictable, you can get more on that day.
the point is if we have a stable income, we can open a business, it is better than you are still working in a company with many tasks and the pressure from the boss
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 12:24:33 AM

if we have a stable income of bitcoin, bitcoin even sometimes unpredictable, you can get more on that day.
the point is if we have a stable income, we can open a business, it is better than you are still working in a company with many tasks and the pressure from the boss
it is far better to own your own company and work for yourself, even if it does have some added pressures due to your position. You earn more, feel a bigger sense of accomplishment, and you can grow your business at your discretion.

That being said, I would imagine it is far more difficult to make a business based around Bitcoin, but I imagine it is doable.
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:05:45 AM

I would never do this, there are just too many risks that has to be taken to make some profit with the bitcoin itself.

Will you say this after halving? I think a lot of people will try your self in bitcoin when price will be high, cause it's easy and also fun. You don't need to work hard or just being bored in office.

goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:01:35 AM

Will you say this after halving? I think a lot of people will try your self in bitcoin when price will be high, cause it's easy and also fun. You don't need to work hard or just being bored in office.

True that you dont need to move a lot with this. But there is this thing called "security" secured in a daily income and not fearing that you will get broke because you know that you got a job that will pay for all your needs.
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 05:30:32 AM

True that you dont need to move a lot with this. But there is this thing called "security" secured in a daily income and not fearing that you will get broke because you know that you got a job that will pay for all your needs.

Yeah your right with that man you dont need to quit your job to do full time in bitcoin because in bitcoin we dint know what may hpoen to it in future because it has a chance to be died in future or the price will decrease and if that happen you dont have to worry because you have a real job to rely on your daily needs. Bitcoin is cannot be worth to risk your future here because its online money its very risky to hope your future in that case. But maybe we should think bitcoin as side job income.

avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:39:22 AM

LOL, Some people feel secure enough that bitcoin is a good enough income for them to get by. For some people it's difficult to leave their daily job behind and start doing bitcoin full time and use bitcoin as a secondary income and something they just do on the side.
sukamasoto
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

Black Panther

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:53:09 AM

I can say that bitcoin still well known at my place since my goverment still not accept bitcoin yet !
Once they approve bitcoin, I think there will be more company that accept bitcoin for salary and ofcourse I can focus on bitcoin for the future !

▄._      
                                       ▀█████████▀ 
                                     ,▄▓████████   
                                ╓▄▓███████████▀   
                           ╓▄▓███████▀╙.  ▀█     
                      ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄▄▄▄███         
                 ▄▄▓███████▀╙▄,  ▓███████        
           .▄▄▓██████▀▀╙▄▄▓████▌ ████████         
      .▄▄███████▀▀╙▄▄  ▐███████▌ ████████         
 .▄▄███████▀▀ ▐▄▄▓████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
╙█████▀▀▐▄▄▓  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████        
 ╙▀ ▄▄▓█████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████         
    ████████  ████████ ▐███████▌ ████████             
arwin100

Activity: 2730
Merit: 806

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2016, 06:01:47 AM

LOL, Some people feel secure enough that bitcoin is a good enough income for them to get by. For some people it's difficult to leave their daily job behind and start doing bitcoin full time and use bitcoin as a secondary income and something they just do on the side.

I can say yes with that the people do full time in bitcoin is those who dont jobs because they have no choice but to stay in bitcoin so they can earn money, and also who does own investment company with bitcoin nor owner of good paying site because they see their income are stable and it can last in future are one who quit their jobs for bitcoin. And for thos small time earner in bitcoin i dont think its worth to quit your job and risking your future in bitcoin because you may lose all you have if you do that just think bitcoin is a hobby.

wildan88
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1046

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:24:39 AM

I can say that bitcoin still well known at my place since my goverment still not accept bitcoin yet !
Once they approve bitcoin, I think there will be more company that accept bitcoin for salary and ofcourse I can focus on bitcoin for the future !

although the government has not legalized bitcoin, I stay focused for bitcoin. you can make a lot of profit today and the next few years. when you sell all your bitcoin, you can open a business from the result of bitcoin.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:21:52 AM

If I am for sure that I can make a lot of profit with Bitcoin than I will do it of course but now I am not for sure that you can now make some good profit with it and that is the problem of Bitcoin.
So it is now better if you see Bitcoin as a small earning and just have also a daily job to save some money also.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:33:40 AM

If I am for sure that I can make a lot of profit with Bitcoin than I will do it of course but now I am not for sure that you can now make some good profit with it and that is the problem of Bitcoin.
So it is now better if you see Bitcoin as a small earning and just have also a daily job to save some money also.

Keep on earning bitcoin at a moment without thinking of future, if you can collect good bitcoin and if it survives for a long time then you can early retired from your job.
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: