Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:31:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198629 times)
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 07:19:39 PM

"the one who successfully prepared sophisticated concept, mechanism and protocol of Bitcoin" -Pirateat40, who is a born scammer, made many scams before,
still, welcomed with RED carpet & given half million coins as GIFT.

There was nothing sophisticated about pirate's scam.

Heh. More like the users who invested with him were dumb as bricks and the scam, to them, was highly sophisticated.
That goes for a lot of the crap around this forum. Many people here are really really naive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 07:59:03 PM

"the one who successfully prepared sophisticated concept, mechanism and protocol of Bitcoin" -Pirateat40, who is a born scammer, made many scams before,

Heh. More like the users who invested with him were dumb as bricks and the scam, to them, was highly sophisticated.
That goes for a lot of the crap around this forum. Many people here are really really naive.

And a decent number of them call you names or insult you for pointing out why they should be cautious.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

SAC

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 17, 2012, 10:22:31 PM

And a decent number of them call you names or insult you for pointing out why they should be cautious.

So true and if not the person you advised one of the ass kissing for bad behaviour/shill accounts on here will jump on for sure.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 06:25:26 AM

Ofcourse their is HUGE difference.
Thats why this same forum let a single person to scam half million Bitcoins which is half of the Bitcoins ever mined.
A single address holding half the coins mined.

still, welcomed with RED carpet & given half the coins as GIFT.
10 million coins were mined. Half a million is 5%, not half.
Damn zeros always trouble me.

Weren't you Indians the ones that invented zero?
Yes, ZERO is a mysterious number, has no value & represents nothing/void,
still has the ability to change the value of any number by putting back & forth.
Has the power to increase or decrease the value of number.
Knowing the "true" meaning of zero will take in to another dimension & its not easy to know the true meaning.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 06:38:51 AM

Weren't you Indians the ones that invented zero?
Yes, ZERO is a mysterious number, has no value & represents nothing/void,
still has the ability to change the value of any number by putting back & forth.
Has the power to increase or decrease the value of number.
Knowing the "true" meaning of zero will take in to another dimension & its not easy to know the true meaning.

I guess it must have been different Indians to this one then.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
irritant

Activity: 473

Sodium hypochlorite, acetone, ethanol

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:15:52 AM

N'Djuns!
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 01:02:25 PM

Oh, really? It's never happened to me....

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
RHA

Activity: 392

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 04:11:34 PM

"Indians the ones who invented zero"?
From ancient India, not from North America.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 06:56:26 PM

I dont know what to try at last. I tried to contact nefario by mail, messenger, facebook, phonenumbers and tried to find out his new address from searching the web. I wasnt successfull yet.

The 2 phonenumbers from slough... i tried them but only voice recorder is always at it. And im not sure if the ips arent proxies or so because he used 4 different ips it seems and the services say different locations for them most of the time and the different services even differ.

If i would send him a letter he probably wouldnt answer the same way he didnt answer phone, mail and so on. And i didnt find out who lives at his old place to ask him.

If he wont get back to me i cant change it.

Im not sure if 192.com could reveal his address but they want 15usd for registering and i only want one small use. Maybe someone is using this service and could help there? I would pay the searches as long as i havent to pay 15usd for one address. I think this website could know if someone moved from 21 Rivington Road, Chorley, Lancashire, PR60EX to london or slough or near it. Im not sure how old nefario is but he looks like 25 to 40 or so.

I think ill wait some more days if he is answering, i made a thread if maybe someone can perform a search at 192.com and if nothing helps i think we have to stop. I mean if he blocks everything it cant be helped. Lets say we wait till novembre the 23rd. If till then no one found the correct address tenakha can keep 0.5btc from my part of the share and the rest is paid back to the users. I can tell tenakha the anonymous donor by pm. At least im relatively sure he wrote with me via pm. If not send me a pm then "anonymous donor".

I think it needs a bit strength to stay your man even though you get nothing but hate and all wents bad. But stopping communication completely for 25days now cant make anything better, only worsen everything. If nefario would stay in contact way more people could still feel trust.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 07:32:50 PM

@RHA are you 100% sure that he did slowly & with mistakes?

He is the one guy who used private & public encrypted keys to access GLBSE, instead of the normal username & password which all others doing.

http://www.tedxleeds.com/nefario-james-mccarthy/
Nefario, also known as James McCarthy, originally from Ireland, worked as an engineer at Sun Microsystems for a short time on the Solaris team. Spent 2 years teaching English in mainland China. Began using Bitcoin late 2010 and have been a community member since that time, founded and runs the Bitcoin stock exchange (glbse.com).

An engineer who worked in Sun microsystems, suddenly quit it & started teaching English in China, came to know Bitcoins, founded GLBSE.
It doesn't fit anywhere.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Satoshi_Nakamoto
It's very attractive to the libertarian viewpoint if we can explain it properly. I'm better with code than with words though.
Many criticized, Nefario's London speech.

Nefario is holding assets info, which has no use to him.

Most creators don't have the ability to do business.
A business person can sell shit for 1000's of dollars & even make others to buy it.
An artist or creator won't/can't do that.

If you take real life example "MOVIES", writers or artists are not getting money by anti piracy.
Only corporate businesses MPAA....ABCD...making money.

I am not in any way supporting what Nefario doing is right.
I am also in anger & want to get back my assets.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:01:24 PM

An engineer who worked in Sun microsystems, suddenly quit it & started teaching English in China, came to know Bitcoins, founded GLBSE.
It doesn't fit anywhere.

It's very attractive to the libertarian viewpoint if we can explain it properly. I'm better with code than with words though.

Let me save you some time:

casascius = satoshi

No... It's Michael Clear.  Best evidence I ever read.

http://cryptome.org/0005/bitcoin-who.pdf

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 08:37:27 PM

It doesn't fit anywhere.

Let me save you some time:

casascius = satoshi

No... It's Michael Clear.  Best evidence I ever read.

http://cryptome.org/0005/bitcoin-who.pdf

Any chance we can return to the topic at hand? You know... GLBSE, flowers and James fuckwit nefarios hostages?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 09:38:17 PM

I still find it deeply entertaining to read the "OMG FUD" posts from all those PPT threads.

On the topic at hand though, I thought James was fairly well known and easy to locate? How can it be that nobody is in regular contact with the guy?
Given what's happened, shouldn't the other shareholders (theymos included) be held liable?
riX

Activity: 326
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 18, 2012, 10:14:26 PM

On the topic at hand though, I thought James was fairly well known and easy to locate? How can it be that nobody is in regular contact with the guy?
Given what's happened, shouldn't the other shareholders (theymos included) be held liable?

I'm more interested in asset info than liabilities at this moment.

The 2 phonenumbers from slough... i tried them but only voice recorder is always at it. And im not sure if the ips arent proxies or so because he used 4 different ips it seems and the services say different locations for them most of the time and the different services even differ.

That is actually interesting, I'd guess the likelihood of a number being turned off at all times would increase if it belonged to someone a lot of angry people were constantly trying to contact.

Sorry, I can't help you with your lost password.

PGP key: 0x9F31802C79642F25
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 10:28:57 PM

I still find it deeply entertaining to read the "OMG FUD" posts from all those PPT threads.

Yes but its a massive clusterfuck and where do you begin to work out the extent of damage ? Im sure none of us can afford an international lawsuit against Nefario for one thing, and he should be sued by the shareholders if they get sued by customers.

Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:02:06 AM

What if we started a "release the shareholder data" bounty?

A fund to be paid to Nefario upon delivery of the shareholder data.

We know he responds to money.  Wasn't a big point of contention surrounding this whole mess whether or not he got paid some salary for operating glbse?

I don't like the idea too well myself, but it might work.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 03:24:51 AM

What if we started a "release the shareholder data" bounty?

A fund to be paid to Nefario upon delivery of the shareholder data.

We know he responds to money.  Wasn't a big point of contention surrounding this whole mess whether or not he got paid some salary for operating glbse?

I don't like the idea too well myself, but it might work.

Guys and possible gals. Nefario is not going to do jack shit. Since the other owners of glbse dont care anymore to be considered responsible why should nefario? He is done with this. He washed his hands of it too.

The next step is to find the people who issued those shares and claw back anything you can before they run off with everything.
Without the database...
EuroTrash

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 07:03:23 AM

So I posted about my intention to go and find him for a chat.
I think that right after that some posts have been deleted from this thread, as the page count went back from 83 to 82.
Huh, what a coincidence.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:07:27 AM

Guys and possible gals. Nefario is not going to do jack shit. Since the other owners of glbse dont care anymore to be considered responsible why should nefario? He is done with this. He washed his hands of it too.

Yes. Although I think Nefario will pay for what he has done to this community one way or the other, it's clear that the records won't be revealed. At least if we can't find a way to confront him before it's too late.

Owners are also a big disappointment. How can the be no backups? I can't even...
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 11:20:07 AM

So I received two wilted carnations (sorta yellow-ish I guess) with a note saying "Nefario pls to releaze sraheolder informlacio."

Should I return them to anyone?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: