Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:22:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527663 times)
Matias

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:38:12 AM

Did anyone noticed the predicted Network difficulty drop on the next window?  Market always reset itself to make it worth while.  Bitcoin can not survive without the miners, but of course lowest cost miners will always have the best odds over the long term.

Yes. Allthough it is good to remember, that bitcoin's survival is not a natural consant Wink

But of course, mining has to be profitable to someone or no-one mines. But the sad truth is, that there can be equilibrium, where mining is profitable to those with very cheap (<5c/kWh) electricity and not to others. I quess we are in that situation and there is no reason, why it can't be permanent.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:50:35 AM

Did anyone noticed the predicted Network difficulty drop on the next window?  Market always reset itself to make it worth while.  Bitcoin can not survive without the miners, but of course lowest cost miners will always have the best odds over the long term.

Yes. Allthough it is good to remember, that bitcoin's survival is not a natural consant Wink

But of course, mining has to be profitable to someone or no-one mines. But the sad truth is, that there can be equilibrium, where mining is profitable to those with very cheap (<5c/kWh) electricity and not to others. I quess we are in that situation and there is no reason, why it can't be permanent.

On average, i think it will be. Big datacenter popped up now with their 2c/kWh (or less) electricity, they're always going to weight down the average to be profitable. Which means when something new does come out, it can be very profitable for someone with 10c/kWh, but its going to be expensive hardware and probably going to normalize back around 5c/kWh before its ROI'd significantly.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:56:24 AM

Did anyone noticed the predicted Network difficulty drop on the next window?  Market always reset itself to make it worth while.  Bitcoin can not survive without the miners, but of course lowest cost miners will always have the best odds over the long term.

On average, i think it will be. Bit datacenter picked up and now with their 2c/kWh or less electricity, they're always going to weight down the average to be profitable. Which means when something new can come out, it can be very profitable for someone with 10c/kWh, but its going to be expensive hardware and probably going to normalize back around 5c/kWh before its ROI'd significantly.

unfortunately this is up to the companies making the miners like bitmain to decide if they want to either make a large scale 5000W powerhouse machine or a 100W home miner..

large data centers arent going to fill up their buildings with 100W miners.. it woudlnt be cost effective for them.

i personally hoped that bitmain would have made the choice to make a smaller more efficient miner instead of flooding the market with larger less efficient ones.

money wise, they would have probably sold more home style ones as people would have bought 2 or 3 instead of not being able to afford to run a miner that takes 2000W+ and needs 220v to be efficient.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:04:27 AM

On average, i think it will be. Bit datacenter picked up and now with their 2c/kWh or less electricity, they're always going to weight down the average to be profitable. Which means when something new can come out, it can be very profitable for someone with 10c/kWh, but its going to be expensive hardware and probably going to normalize back around 5c/kWh before its ROI'd significantly.

unfortunately this is up to the companies making the miners like bitmain to decide if they want to either make a large scale 5000W powerhouse machine or a 100W home miner..

large data centers arent going to fill up their buildings with 100W miners.. it woudlnt be cost effective for them.

i personally hoped that bitmain would have made the choice to make a smaller more efficient miner instead of flooding the market with larger less efficient ones.

money wise, they would have probably sold more home style ones as people would have bought 2 or 3 instead of not being able to afford to run a miner that takes 2000W+ and needs 220v to be efficient.

Bitmain would make a lot less money if they went back to small quiet home miners. Home miners are a tiny portion of their sales. They sell thousands of them and offer tiny rebate on 500 units orders of S7.

They really dont give a fuck about us wanting 2-3 quiet effective home miners.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Matias

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:19:48 AM

Did anyone noticed the predicted Network difficulty drop on the next window?  Market always reset itself to make it worth while.  Bitcoin can not survive without the miners, but of course lowest cost miners will always have the best odds over the long term.

Bitmain is not going to make miners as a service to mankind. So they will of course do, what is most profitable to them. I would do the same. It is much more cost effective to sell smaller amount but more expensive miners.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:20:48 AM

Bitmain would make a lot less money if they went back to small quiet home miners. Home miners are a tiny portion of their sales. They sell thousands of them and offer tiny rebate on 500 units orders of S7.

They really dont give a fuck about us wanting 2-3 quiet effective home miners.

yeah but look at what sidehack is doing..
he is selling a usb miner. that is 8ghs and costs 25$
this is around 3$ a ghs.

putting that in perspective that would make a s7 cost like 14,687$ (i do suck at math so maybe not)

so if bitmain made a 100$ miner that did like 100W and 300 ghs i think it would sell pretty good.

they seem to be selling a lot of those R1s for 50$ and it only does 5ghs.

Matias

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:30:36 AM

this is around 3$ a ghs.

putting that in perspective that would make a s7 cost like 14,687$ (i do suck at math so maybe not)

so if bitmain made a 100$ miner that did like 100W and 300 ghs i think it would sell pretty good.

Why would people buy this over new S7 or used S1 or Antminer USB. New S7 is more efficient and used S1 or USB miner are cheaper.
aarons6
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 08:33:41 AM

this is around 3$ a ghs.

Why would people buy this over new S7 or used S1. New S7 is more efficient and used S1 is cheaper.

he has sold 1000s of them.. i even got 5 myself.

they are only 1w or so, so the efficiency is far above a s7..

it just goes to show how far bitmain missed the market.

if they made a u4, with s7 chips, and sold them for 60-80$ i am pretty much 100% positive they will sell out in the pre-order.

Mr. Kashif

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 10:09:50 AM

I have 5 x BTC0.05 Antminer S7 Coupons and would like to sell it for BTC0.19. Anyone interested can PM me with your BITMAIN ID and I'll send you the coupon right away.
I'm literally in need of money, so, if anyone could help me it'd be great. I don't wanna lose faith in this forum. Please help people.
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 10:57:34 AM

I have 5 x BTC0.05 Antminer S7 Coupons and would like to sell it for BTC0.19. Anyone interested can PM me with your BITMAIN ID and I'll send you the coupon right away.
I'm literally in need of money, so, if anyone could help me it'd be great. I don't wanna lose faith in this forum. Please help people.
You are asking too much. They are worth only 0.25

talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:34:52 PM

He's in a dire financial situation, bought too many miners thinking he was gonna make a killing mining for bitcoins. Greedy noob mistake.

Mr. Kashif

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:08:26 PM

How much do you offer?
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 01:47:59 PM

How much do you offer?
Thanks, but I'm settled with my current set of Antminers and I already donated my S7 coupons.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:56:11 PM

He's in a dire financial situation, bought too many miners thinking he was gonna make a killing mining for bitcoins. Greedy noob mistake.

You should never invest more then you can lose.  I started out with 1 GPU rig (long ago).  From there  I kept moving fast but I made sure my on paper profit.... equaled profit in real life.   Asics I have been lucky enough to get a decent amount off past profit's so it's a risk I can afford.  

But never go to fast or deeper in then you know you can support.  Bad idea and could lead to bad first experiences.
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:08:28 PM

this is around 3$ a ghs.

Why would people buy this over new S7 or used S1. New S7 is more efficient and used S1 is cheaper.

if they made a u4, with s7 chips, and sold them for 60-80$ i am pretty much 100% positive they will sell out in the pre-order.

yeah there is big demand for sub 100$-150$ miners...too bad the u3 did not live up to expectations...and you had to order 10 or something
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:21:50 PM

this is around 3$ a ghs.

yeah there is big demand for sub 100$-150$ miners...too bad the u3 did not live up to expectations...and you had to order 10 or something

There were some good resellers though.  I got mine through crazy guy and got 1 and liked it went for 2 more through him.  In the end had 3 of them.  I enjoyed them for a while with a R1 as controller.

After a while I did sell them through Ebay and I roughly broke even. (Might have had a few dollars profit but nothing much after fee's and such).  I enjoyed playing with them but after a while I sold a lot of my lotto mining components as I was losing interest.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4158
Merit: 8051

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 02:27:21 PM

this is around 3$ a ghs.

Yeah a good quiet  small cheap miner will always sell.
Point it at peercoin and solo mine .

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:31:52 PM

Kind reminder: when you have time, please consider to upgrade the firmware with corresponding latest version in website, when there is no internet, the fan will run with full speed which can avoid the burnt issue Smiley

https://www.bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=00720151023101739550pOBiK5sO06A0

Hi BITMAIN,

Kindly ask YHQIN to check his Bitcoin Talk PM for our reply to release
the agreed upon BTC deposits sent to Bitmain for our RMA replacements.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=394837

Many thanks in advance and have an enjoyable weekend,

MikeMike

bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:46:05 PM

Batch 11 ....... has arrived ... MUHAhAHAHAHA (ordered Feb 17)

Damn near dropped one of em when unpacking though.... damn butterfinges ...
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:04:52 PM

Yeah a good quiet  small cheap miner will always sell.
Point it at peercoin and solo mine .

It would be nice to solo mine Peercoin.... but... my Antminers, mining directly off the peercoin wallet/RPC, mine for something like 30 seconds then quit.

I also set up two different pools to try and mine solo.... a 100% uNOMP pool which came up with the infamous parse error... and a MPOS / NOMP pool which also came up with the parse error.

uNOMP / NOMP is the problem, from what I'm reading, Peercoin RPC cannot handle batch RPC something-or-another.... where as Bitcoin can, thus making peercoin different and not compatible with uNOMP/NOMP.

Does anyone know of pool software that is compatible with peercoin?Huh I'd need a step by step guide for setup.

Or, is there some sort of fix to get the antminers solo mining off the wallet RPC?

Looking at the load monitors, it looks like a network flood to and from the S5's when solo mining off the wallet, like its running with a difficulty of 1 or something ... Any way of telling the antminer or the wallet to mine with a higher diff?

Sorry for being a little off topic.... but peercoin solo mining was mentioned...
Pages: « 1 ... 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 [366] 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: