Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling. Is It Wrong?  (Read 238534 times)
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:08:58 PM

Again and again, people blames gambling just because there are some players cant control themselves. It is funny when you say gambling is wrong or not depending on the players who play.
Come on dude, when you cant control yourself so it is definitely your own fault because it is something that comes from your own mind/heart. Dont blame other things that make you cant control yourself.

I agree !  Gambling is just some sort of a game where you win some or you lose alot.  Pretty much it is the people's decision wether  it will affect then negatively or positively.  Like when we said money is the root of all evil.  LOL, money is just a thing.  It can bring alot of good thing too.  So all in all I think gambling is just a neutral stuff that men's action and decision are the one that is wrong.

Problem is some people seriously do it like a work now. They thought they are doing a job but the truth is they are addicted in it. There is no joy from that anymore if you cant stop it.

Yeah some people play gambling on daily basis due to their addiction towards gambling because of money but this is not good for them because gambling is a risk you may loose or win... And such type of people use their all money in gambling which is not good for them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:13:12 PM

Most of the time gambling will make people very lazy. They will reluctant to do other stuff but gamble. Some people said gambling is just for fun but I argued with that. Its fun at first but as soon as you get involved in this activity more often then you will wasting your time and then your money and finally your life. So, gambling is a wrong way to choose. Keep away from it as soon as you can!

CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 01:24:49 PM

Why?  What is wrong with gambling?  Is it too much fun?  Does it physically do harm to another?  I cannot understand how one could think that what another does with their hard earned money is any of their business!  Who decides whether or not what another does with their own money is wrong anyway....our government? our neighbor? our God?

Gambling doesn't give physical harm but it can give a fetal mental harm to one who lost his amount in gambling.. And if you are talking about religion then gambling is considered wrong and prohibited in Islam...
Gambling addicts believes in religion but does not embrace the rules, it could only be wrong when you use it in wrong way, the word entertainment should only mean fun and we should stick to that.

Don't agree with you brother, In religions like ISLAM, Gambling is not allow to play or strongly prohibitted in ISLAM.  If something is prohibitted in your religion then you cannot play or do this thing even for a fun Right??

2:219 => They ask you about  gambling. Say: “There is great harm in gambling, although there is some benefit for men, but their sin is greater than their benefit.” And they ask you what they should spend; say: “What is superfluous.” Thus Allah makes plain to you His revelations, so that you may ponder. Gambling; the one who gains something in gambling appears to gain some benefit, but since the practice as a whole yields, on balance more suffering than advantage, the Lord has forbidden it).

https://makashfa.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/verses-of-holy-quran-about-gamblingalcoholpork-eating/

YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:19:07 PM

That really matters on people on how they treat gambling and if they look at it as source of income and keep gambling every and losing so much money with it well i can say its very wrong since were throwing money with that but if we treat it as past time hobby or do it sometimes well thats ok because it can called healthy gambling you will not get addicted nor lossing big money  with it we only want satisfaction and thats ok.

I think gambling will not gonna count as healthy at all because of gambling you can get an addiction and addiction is a mental illness that are hard for someone to overcome if you will not get rehabilitate and will talk to a psychiatrist for preparation and medicine for you or what to do to overcome this kind of illness.

But Gambling can only be considered wrong if it does have contribute to the negative effects that are currently happening to your life,

Even though you are addicted to it, as long as you are financial stability and emotional and social responsibility are not affected, then I think there is no wrong on doing that and continuously play gambling games.

Even if you are thinking that way, gambling will still be wrong because it is just a material thing and I think gambling is not really important in life, and the thing gambling promote is just people just waste money on a gamble and I think that is wrong already even if there are many good side people may acquired in gambling. 
novemberwoah

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:29:55 AM

That really matters on people on how they treat gambling and if they look at it as source of income and keep gambling every and losing so much money with it well i can say its very wrong since were throwing money with that but if we treat it as past time hobby or do it sometimes well thats ok because it can called healthy gambling you will not get addicted nor lossing big money  with it we only want satisfaction and thats ok.

I think gambling will not gonna count as healthy at all because of gambling you can get an addiction and addiction is a mental illness that are hard for someone to overcome if you will not get rehabilitate and will talk to a psychiatrist for preparation and medicine for you or what to do to overcome this kind of illness.

But Gambling can only be considered wrong if it does have contribute to the negative effects that are currently happening to your life,

Even though you are addicted to it, as long as you are financial stability and emotional and social responsibility are not affected, then I think there is no wrong on doing that and continuously play gambling games.

Even if you are thinking that way, gambling will still be wrong because it is just a material thing and I think gambling is not really important in life, and the thing gambling promote is just people just waste money on a gamble and I think that is wrong already even if there are many good side people may acquired in gambling. 
Yes very true gambling does throw a lot of money and it was just a game. Maybe people like gambling because they are already addicted and hard to leave. Bitcoin is wrong or it depends on the viewpoint of each person.
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 07:43:11 AM

Yes very true gambling does throw a lot of money and it was just a game. Maybe people like gambling because they are already addicted and hard to leave. Bitcoin is wrong or it depends on the viewpoint of each person.
We all like gambling in the first place and our intention for the first time is get ourselves entertain but later due to some good times where we win, we do the dangerous things and we shifted our interest more on the amount of winnings, and that would lead us to being wrong and blame gambling due to bad outcome.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:16:07 AM

Yup! it will be very unlikely that not all of us have the same idea about bitcoin and I think other people are using bitcoin for gambling purposes instead of getting an trading base kind of site that increase their amount of bitcoin on the same time they try to gain certain amount on signature campaign.
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1069

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 11:55:31 AM

Why?  What is wrong with gambling?  Is it too much fun?  Does it physically do harm to another?  I cannot understand how one could think that what another does with their hard earned money is any of their business!  Who decides whether or not what another does with their own money is wrong anyway....our government? our neighbor? our God?

Gambling doesn't give physical harm but it can give a fetal mental harm to one who lost his amount in gambling.. And if you are talking about religion then gambling is considered wrong and prohibited in Islam...
Gambling addicts believes in religion but does not embrace the rules, it could only be wrong when you use it in wrong way, the word entertainment should only mean fun and we should stick to that.

Gambling is not for fun alone, it is for money too. I do not think gamblers will still gamble if you take out the money from it. Maybe there won't be any thing to discuss if there is no money involve. The entertainment part is just an alibi to justify your addiction to gambling and the greed from money. And that is why it is wrong.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:14:33 PM

hello everyone.
i want to know what do you think about gambling bitcoin.. Does Beneficial or more losses?
Share your story here guys!  Grin Grin Grin
I do not think that gambling is wrong, if you want to gamble then that is your choice and I do not think that other people should judge them if they are not hurting others.
If someone has a family and the family is hurt because someone is gambling the I think it is wrong.
bitcoinisfurture

Activity: 700

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:24:59 PM

You need to know your limits. Don't gamble with money or bitcoins that you need. Put a stop loss level if you dont have a control on yourself
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 12:41:36 PM

We all like gambling in the first place and our intention for the first time is get ourselves entertain but later due to some good times where we win, we do the dangerous things and we shifted our interest more on the amount of winnings, and that would lead us to being wrong and blame gambling due to bad outcome.
Pretty sums up everything. Everything you do will affect you so all the decision you make will result to something wether it's good or bad outcome. You shouldn't blame anyone even the game itself because you're the one who made decisions.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1424

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:03:26 PM

Again and again, people blames gambling just because there are some players cant control themselves. It is funny when you say gambling is wrong or not depending on the players who play.
Come on dude, when you cant control yourself so it is definitely your own fault because it is something that comes from your own mind/heart. Dont blame other things that make you cant control yourself.

I agree !  Gambling is just some sort of a game where you win some or you lose alot.  Pretty much it is the people's decision wether  it will affect then negatively or positively.  Like when we said money is the root of all evil.  LOL, money is just a thing.  It can bring alot of good thing too.  So all in all I think gambling is just a neutral stuff that men's action and decision are the one that is wrong.

Money is not the root of all evil.  The lack of money is the root of all evil. So it's really bad that a lot of people resort to gambling to acquire more money when the lack of it is their problem in the first place.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:45:31 PM

Money is not the root of all evil.  The lack of money is the root of all evil. So it's really bad that a lot of people resort to gambling to acquire more money when the lack of it is their problem in the first place.

Lack of money is not the root of the evil. There have been many cases whereby even the rich people that went bankrupt overnight cause they were too engrossed in the casino. They dont lack of money and there is more than enough for them to live comfortably. However, they want excitement and fun which make them too immense in gambling and lost their own selves.
fabrizoc

Activity: 386
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 02:50:08 PM

You need to know your limits. Don't gamble with money or bitcoins that you need. Put a stop loss level if you dont have a control on yourself
Yes, knowing your limit while gambling will enable yourself to protect your gamble to go wrong. Yes, with some self control like having some limits and discipline we can make our gambling as a right thing for sure.

Dwelach

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 03:32:48 PM

Indeed when you know your limits you can gamble on a safe way and than gambling is also not bad at all in my eyes.
Gambling is only wrong when you are doing it on a wrong way and this means that you are addicted to it mostly.
Sharma
Legendary

Activity: 1092

GATCOIN : The New Currency Of Digital Marketing

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:18:20 AM

I do not think gambling is wrong, it is wrong when people expect to always win

I also do not think that it is wrong to gamble because those people have earned there own money and if they decide to gamble it away that is on them. So it is not problem and i do not have the right do decide what is good or wrong.
Well for many people it is good and for others its wrong. its always depends of thoughts of people for me both them either good or wrong.. because if you are gamble just to ave fun tere is not problem because you can afford to lose.. it is bad if you are addicted and if your money is going to nothing..

For fun, for entertainment, to pass time, why not?  Getting addicted, doing nothing but just gambling is wrong.  Relying everything on gambling or even betting everything you earned the hard way in a roll of a dice is very wrong.  Some who loss a lot end up borrowing or even stealing putting their future in jeopardy.  Bottom line, everything that os too much is poisonous, even gambling.

█████▄▄▄▄
   ████████████▄▄▄            ▀██████
   ███ ▀▀▀▀█████████▄          ▀█████
   ███         ▀▀▀█████▄         ▀███
   ███              ▀▀████▄▄███    ▀▀
   ███                ▀███████▀
   ███                    █████
   ███     ███▄         ▄███████
   ▐██▌     ▀███▄     ▄███▀  ███
   ▐███       ▀███▄▄ ███▀     ███
    ███▌        ▀████        ▐██▌
     ███         ████         ███
      ███      ▄█████▄       ▐██
       ███   ▄████▀ ▀███▄     ▐██
        ███▄████▀     ▀███▄   ███
         █████▀         ▀███▄████
          ██▀             ▀█████▌
                            ▀███▌
  ██████                      ▀▀
  ▀▀▀███
     ███
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
█         █   ███
 █        ███  ███  █
███       ███   █  ███
███   █   ███   █  ███
███  ███   █       ███
███  ███   █       ███
 █   ███            █
 █    █             █
             JOIN US             
TELEGRAM TWITTER FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN WHITEPAPER
adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:23:40 AM

I think gambling is not wrong. The only wrong is when some people bet all their money and loss them all, it's become wrong and people will become greedy too.
saiha

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:34:53 AM

I think gambling is not wrong. The only wrong is when some people bet all their money and loss them all, it's become wrong and people will become greedy too.

For people who are in gambling industry of course they are going to say that gambling is not wrong at all. Because it is the source of their income and living.
But if you are just going to analyze it , it is really wrong because it can make someones life miserable.

Vires in Numeris
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 02:48:23 AM

For people who are in gambling industry of course they are going to say that gambling is not wrong at all. Because it is the source of their income and living.
But if you are just going to analyze it , it is really wrong because it can make someones life miserable.
There is no bias in saying that gambling is not wrong, we all know that, it is only the person who made gambling wrong in their perception but in reality gambling is fun and it will never stop making us entertain if we know what we are doing.
Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:41:29 AM

True for people who are not fanatical about gambling will definitely be miserable, because they can not enjoy if they lose in gambling and losing money. Least one gambling depends on the opinion of each person. If I consider gambling is wrong because it could spend bicoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 336 »
  Print  

Jump to: