Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:12:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling. Is It Wrong?  (Read 238534 times)
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 04:41:28 AM

This thread is just over a year old and it's already at 189 pages, gees i didn't think the question of is gambling bad or not that big really, guess i was wrong on that, keep discussing it  Smiley

Well as we all know that this thread would continue as long there are signature campaigns because of post qouta and  the answers keep repeating and repeating and i dont think OP could even read 189 pages of comments of different users on this forum. Back to the topic  Gambling would be wrong if you  got addicted into it and if you already compromises you money,family and  your health.
Haha yeah i think your spot on there with that statement.

Just to keep on topic i say there is nothing wrong with a little gambling, just keep on top of it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:09:21 AM

This thread is just over a year old and it's already at 189 pages, gees i didn't think the question of is gambling bad or not that big really, guess i was wrong on that, keep discussing it  Smiley

Well as we all know that this thread would continue as long there are signature campaigns because of post qouta and  the answers keep repeating and repeating and i dont think OP could even read 189 pages of comments of different users on this forum. Back to the topic  Gambling would be wrong if you  got addicted into it and if you already compromises you money,family and  your health.

Just to keep on topic i say there is nothing wrong with a little gambling, just keep on top of it.
As long as we are making a healthy discussion here there is nothing wrong with that, the mods are always active and they can always check if a certain thread is not making any sense, that is their job of course and we are just here to give our opinion so let us let them do the job and continue the discussion as long as this thread is open.
hollandvan

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 05:14:12 AM

It is wrong if your country bans gambling, vice versa, is not wrong. But gambling can be very harmful, so from moral aspect, this is wrong if you lose money and impact the life quality

Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 07:09:52 AM

It is wrong if your country bans gambling, vice versa, is not wrong. But gambling can be very harmful, so from moral aspect, this is wrong if you lose money and impact the life quality
We are not talking here on certain instances but rather on the whole aspect of gambling, for me it is never a sin to enjoy sometimes in our life even if the expense of our money because we deserve to enjoy on the best game when we can get the right entertainment and that is gambling.
bitkilo
Legendary

Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 11:04:13 AM

This thread is just over a year old and it's already at 189 pages, gees i didn't think the question of is gambling bad or not that big really, guess i was wrong on that, keep discussing it  Smiley

Well as we all know that this thread would continue as long there are signature campaigns because of post qouta and  the answers keep repeating and repeating and i dont think OP could even read 189 pages of comments of different users on this forum. Back to the topic  Gambling would be wrong if you  got addicted into it and if you already compromises you money,family and  your health.

As long as we are making a healthy discussion here there is nothing wrong with that, the mods are always active and they can always check if a certain thread is not making any sense, that is their job of course and we are just here to give our opinion so let us let them do the job and continue the discussion as long as this thread is open.
Sounds good to me just strange that a topic such as this has lasted so long.

Anyway you didn't keep the thread on topic and express your opinion of if gambling is good or bad.

Edit: but i see you did in the thread above mine, sorry i should have checked the next page.

Rostadom

Activity: 713
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 11:22:59 AM

I see no reason why gambling would be wrong. Gambling never hurt anyone or put somebody in harm. It's our money, we should have the rights to use it in any way we want. Gambling is just another way of you to burn your money. If you want that, then do that. People should have no say about what you are doing.
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:53:07 PM

Because money is the most important to us to live a wonderful life in this world, having a discipline to manage our money is good although we are also gambling and we consider that as fun for us not to risk our finances and might ruin our life in the end.
But if you think twice you would realize that gambling is not really needed in our life. Yeah it can make us fun but there are also consequences that we need to accept. We are going to get addicted if we don't know how to manage our self.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:53:55 PM

I see no reason why gambling would be wrong. Gambling never hurt anyone or put somebody in harm. It's our money, we should have the rights to use it in any way we want. Gambling is just another way of you to burn your money. If you want that, then do that. People should have no say about what you are doing.

it will be hurting a lot of people around you if you become a gambling addict and start losing all your familys funds and waste it all on gambling. there are a lot of families that have been broken up this way because someone in that family was a gambling addict and lost all their life (money, home, ...) in gambling because he couldn't control himself.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Labumi

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 12:58:33 PM

Because money is the most important to us to live a wonderful life in this world, having a discipline to manage our money is good although we are also gambling and we consider that as fun for us not to risk our finances and might ruin our life in the end.
But if you think twice you would realize that gambling is not really needed in our life. Yeah it can make us fun but there are also consequences that we need to accept. We are going to get addicted if we don't know how to manage our self.

Your thinking is indeed correct. Because of the nature of gambling will only give vague pleasure, so if we do poorly then gambling it is certain we will get a very large losses. Profits in gambling is only temporary, so if you can't give a good game then it will make you a big loss
MWesterweele

Activity: 1372
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:17:21 PM

Gambling is not wrong but for some people it is wrong, they are fast addicted and due to this they keep playing over and over and get stuck.
I think gambling is fun but you do not have to play too much.
People stuck on what they have and not contented on what they earing everymonth i not suggested this gambling because i can't rely on this website where people get lose their money wasting money is not good to us where we could do some illegal activites to chase and to bring back that money , that already lost.

▀█████████████████████
            ▀▀██████
    ▄▄
▀████▄▄  ▀████
  ▄████▄
▀█████▄  ▀███
 ████▀▀
   ▄██████  ▀███
████▀
   ▄████▀████  ████
████  ▄█▄
▀█▀  ████  █████
████▄████▀
   ▄████  ████
 ██████▀
   ▄▄████  ▄███
  ▀█████▄
▀████▀  ▄███
    ▀▀████▄
▀▀  ▄████
            ▄▄██████
       ▄███████████
████████████████████████████████████
FUN TOKEN
██████████████     ██████████████████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
FreeBitco.in Adopts FUN Token for
Premium Membership Program
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████
██████████
 ██████████
  ██████████
   ██████████
    ██████████
     ██████████
      ██████████
     ██████████
    ██████████
   ██████████
  ██████████
 ██████████
██████████

▄
      ▀▄  ▀  ▄▀
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████████████
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ █  ██ ██
██  ▄▄▀█  ██ ██▄ ▄███
██  ▀▀▄█▄ ▀▀▄███ ████
█████████████ ▄▄▄ ▀▀█
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████▄▄
      ▄▀  ▄    █████▄
          ▀     ▀ ▀███
                    ▀
41M Users to Buy and Hold
FUN for Premium Benefits
.Learn More.
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 02:46:09 PM

Gambling itself is not very wrong but I must say that its also not very smart these days, I think that you should not do it too much right now.
Gambling is very addicting so if you are doing it many times you will get addicted and that is wrong indeed.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:57:39 AM

Gambling itself is not very wrong but I must say that its also not very smart these days, I think that you should not do it too much right now.
Gambling is very addicting so if you are doing it many times you will get addicted and that is wrong indeed.

The more you play on in gambling, the more chances that you get busted and lost all of your bankroll. However, you can combat this by having many sessions and proper bankroll management. Also, you need to have that target profit in a day otherwise, you will be wandering and ended up playing too long that the house edge and odds is already against your favor.
fulgdenea

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 10:48:39 AM

Indeed it depend on our mind how much we have control on ourself, when people play without any limit and want to get rich very quickly than it made gambling so wrong, gambling is not wrong by itself and people's bad experience turn this to wrong, because addiction of gambling is worse and it ruin our life.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 01:54:34 PM

Gambling give you power when you win, those ilusion will turn into a lost in a short time, sure some people dice and gambling and take profits but i may say its 100 in a milion people otherwise no house would have money to pay all costumers that only wins. Do not spend too much time on gambling.

In my opinion, gambling is provably fine (if you know how to control yourself).

Don't make bet more than you can afford for lose.

Sometimes bet with odd @1.05 can lost.

Yeah I do not thing that it is wrong to gamble but you just need to control you and your money, If you manage to do that then there is nothing wrong with gambling.
Gambling can be wrong if you do not know how to control the things around it.
CoinFoxs
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1004

Campaign Management & Translation Service

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 02:25:32 PM

We are not talking here on certain instances but rather on the whole aspect of gambling, for me it is never a sin to enjoy sometimes in our life even if the expense of our money because we deserve to enjoy on the best game when we can get the right entertainment and that is gambling.

Everyone have their opinions, if you are talking about a Muslim community then gambling is strongly prohibited and i think gambling is also prohibited in different countries and if you want to entertain yourself then why gambling? Do something else !! Gambling is very risky we all know that and we all play gambling just to make more and more coins right? If we win then gambling is enjoyment and entertainment for us.
saiha

Activity: 840

Strength in Numbers

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 05:51:57 PM

Everyone have their opinions, if you are talking about a Muslim community then gambling is strongly prohibited and i think gambling is also prohibited in different countries and if you want to entertain yourself then why gambling? Do something else !! Gambling is very risky we all know that and we all play gambling just to make more and more coins right? If we win then gambling is enjoyment and entertainment for us.

Even in the bible gambling says that gambling is wrong. If you are just going to read 1 Timothy 6:10 this is all about the love of money.

And I can say that gambling is making a person to love money, because he is hoping that he is going to get profit as he gambles.

To that tends for being a wrong act when it is making too much already.

Vires in Numeris
crairezx20
Legendary

Merit: 1046

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:09:05 PM

Even in the bible gambling says that gambling is wrong. If you are just going to read 1 Timothy 6:10 this is all about the love of money.

And I can say that gambling is making a person to love money, because he is hoping that he is going to get profit as he gambles.

Honestly i never seen it in bible but i already watch many times the passion movie where you can see the life of jesus..
I saw that all gambling before he destroy it..  so i think gambling is wrong.
ronaldo40
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 06:34:49 PM

Honestly i never seen it in bible but i already watch many times the passion movie where you can see the life of jesus..
I saw that all gambling before he destroy it..  so i think gambling is wrong.
it is difficult to determine this, as seen from the several views, gambling can be wrong or not. gambling could be wrong because of the negative impact. gambling could be not wrong and it depends on the user because they must know gambling is a big risk, so they have to accept everything the worst if they gamble. but as long as I am playing gambling for fun and play with free money, without any damage, without addiction. as long as you can control yourself all will be fine.

zend7

Activity: 658

Hackers please hack me .... if you can :)

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 07:00:43 PM

Gambling usually it is always wrong and is not meant as a way to make you rich or to make you money but rather the other way around which is to make money to the casino, the house.

If you play little money like 3% of your monthly salary or even less and this amount is an amount you can afford to lose than there is nothing wrong with it. You are playing to entertain yourself.

If you play in an addictive way you without thinking about consequences for yourself, family and the ones around you then in this case gambling is totally wrong.

If you can't control yourself and have an urge for gambling you need to quit immediately and ask professional help. Google it, there's tons of websites which can help you.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 19, 2016, 09:57:02 PM

Gambling usually it is always wrong and is not meant as a way to make you rich or to make you money but rather the other way around which is to make money to the casino, the house.

If you play little money like 3% of your monthly salary or even less and this amount is an amount you can afford to lose than there is nothing wrong with it. You are playing to entertain yourself.

If you play in an addictive way you without thinking about consequences for yourself, family and the ones around you then in this case gambling is totally wrong.

If you can't control yourself and have an urge for gambling you need to quit immediately and ask professional help. Google it, there's tons of websites which can help you.

That's what makes the difference. If you play for fun and use small amounts of money, there is no harm for you.
If you try to be professional and gamble daily with large amounts of money, it's a wrong career choice.

Pages: « 1 ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 [187] 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 ... 336 »
  Print  

Jump to: