Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:22:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006444 times)
Horus_Cryptsy

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:26:11 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2016, 02:32:43 PM by Horus_Cryptsy

Well fuck.... I don't even know what to say...

I found out about the blog post when a customer called me and told me it was up. I found that irritating to say the least....

Again, I never worked with any wallets, had access to any wallets or any code. I ran investigations and customer end security ( like 2fa and getting back into hacked accounts)

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

Now I just look like an asshole for believing it, and for that I do apologize. Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

In the mean time I don't mind trying to answer any questions I can and I know trolls are gonna troll hard at the moment. I'd be trolling too so I can't blame them.

I've always tried to help people since starting at Cryptsy and I find it a real shame if it's come to an end like this.

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:30:03 AM

I found out about the blog post when a customer called me and told me it was up. I found that irritating to say the least....

Again, I never worked with any wallets, had access to any wallets or any code. I ran investigations and customer end security ( like 2fa and getting back into hacked accounts)

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

Now I just look like an asshole for believing it, and for that I do apologize. Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy, I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

In the mean time I don't mind trying to answer any questions I can and I know trolls are gonna troll hard at the moment. I'd be trolling too so I can't blame them.

I've always tried to help people since starting at Cryptsy and I find it a real shame it's come to an end like this.

if it's true, respect for your Statement. thx
gargouri2001

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:30:27 AM

why cryptsy do not allow to withdraw at-least other coins and ltc/btc loaded after the hack date .

eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:31:34 AM

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

Now I just look like an asshole for believing it, and for that I do apologize. Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy, I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

I've always tried to help people since starting at Cryptsy and I find it a real shame it's come to an end like this.

Not so fast there..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:34:17 AM

This is a really shitty situation. I understand people are upset and have every right to be. I admit, I drank the koolaid and when people told me things were alright, I believed them whole heartedly.  I don't know code or hardware at all, so when I was told it was a technical issue, I had faith.

MemberCount+1

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:34:40 AM

why cryptsy do not allow to withdraw at-least other coins and ltc/btc loaded after the hack date .

Date was 2014 Tongue the whole time based of the lie, that cryptsy has +10k BTC.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:35:42 AM

somthin tells me this thread is gonna start movin real fast....  err i mean much faster

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:43:40 AM

I believe you. I also believe that Mullick did nothing wrong too. He had no business being responsible for the security of wallets, which is how i've always felt. Bare mimimum C++ expertise is required. People don't realize how easy it is to obfuscate C++. many of the backdoor's ive seen i wouldn't even have known they were there without someone pointing out the use of a disguised Macro. Hopefully future exchanges will hire an actual expert.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:49:29 AM

Was called a troll when I was against the gawlets...
Was called a troll when I was against craptsy...

I'm proud to be called a troll... look at the alternative...

This space not for rent...
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:51:50 AM

Since I heard about this, Ive been sifting through dozens of emails from people with "tips" and it is exhausting to say the least. Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy, I feel an obligation to try me best to help locate coins, whoever may have them.

Can you confirm that 456,501 Dash were stolen from Cryptsy shortly after the BTC/LTC/DOGE?
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/tx.dws?1120889.htm

If this was part of the theft, there is a clear trail leading to several Cryptsy wallets where they were sold... Should be easy enough to figure out who owns these Dash wallet addresses...
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?Xqi7sWthYKFPCK3KHcKq8BqY9vMcWy4r3t.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XbwDPCTNhtodqqmRCYEAT2YTadJkeydQa5.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XwceLMAKYDUgimYzvBMywRHFFmcegU9WUd.htm

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
jesselivermore

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:53:20 AM

Zhou Tonged - Don't Get Zhou Tonged!!!

Bam!!! Bam!!! (Bam Bam)
Now you got Zhou Tonged (Zhou Tonged man, Zhou Tonged man!!!!)
Bam Bam Dilla
Zhou Tonged!!!
Bam Bam Dilla
Bam! Bam!
Now you got Zhou Tonged (ZhouTonged man, sh*t!!!)
Ah What a Bam Bam

Now some in the game want to mash up the plan
Now some in the game want to mash up the plan
F*ck around and get Zhou Tonged and lose 3 million
F*ck around and get Zhou Tonged and lose 3 million (Lose it all Bro)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdvTkddp1F0

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:54:42 AM

Are you that far out of the loop that after the story broke last night, you being one of the few remaining employees of Cryptsy just got wind of what's going on via a customer alerting you to Paul's blog post? I bet that was embarrassing.

Horus: How may I help you?
Customer: Blah blah blah, and did you hear the latest?
Horus: No, what?
Customer: The ten million dollars stolen from Cryptsy. Here's the link to the blog post.
Horus: Oh my fuckin' God! Surprise surprise surprise! Thanks. Guess I need to pen a post for BCT. They'll believe me, I'm sure of it.

As of two days ago, we recognized you as still being on Cryptsy's payroll. Exactly how and when were you informed that you were no longer on the payroll? Surely, it happened some time after this mysterious customer brought it to your attention of Paul's blog post, eh?
TXSteve

Activity: 342

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:55:36 AM

It's a tough situation, good luck with everything
Libertymind

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:58:05 AM

I have no standing on the Tier system I was already confirmed. I thought it was implemented badly. I am concerned with how this sort of thing reflects on crypto. We were told that the reason for it was to find Terrorist accounts, which you said yourself you successfully uncovered a few. Did Crpytsy keep the money in these frozen accounts or was this whole thing a fabrication?

I never believe the excuse here. The EU concluded that bitcoin is not a major factor in Terrorism. We all know Terrorist use US dollars, Gold, and Oil. What percentage does crypto play? Likely not even going to register as a percentage.  Basically Crytpsy held accounts hostage in order to extort personal and private information from its customers, in a community which values its privacy. Why was Cryptsy using Terrorism as an excuse to drastically inconvenience law abiding citizens? And why did you publicly and actively support this effort?
Malooka
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:00:25 AM

Horus ran INVESTIGATIONS, yet had no idea.

That must be why he scammed me on 1+ BTC because he thought my email was a friend's.

If you believe anyone at CRYPTSY you need to have your head examined.

I have emails that prove you withheld my BTC because of ridiculous claims.  You had to know what was going on.

Anyone with a class action suit, contact me - I'm not spending that much time on a little over 1BTC, but I will furnish you with emails that sure don't make Horus look good.
BitcoinCharlie
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 01:01:53 AM

Horus, I just have one question:

Big Vern is Wolong, correct?

Tongue

Unobtanium - The crypto commodity you keep! |
Hate Inflation? You'll love $UNO
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:03:06 AM

really? you get to speak... We did't get to fucking speak. Tell it to the FEDS asshole
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:04:05 AM

I believe you. I also believe that Mullick did nothing wrong too. He had no business being responsible for the security of wallets, which is how i've always felt. Bare mimimum C++ expertise is required. People don't realize how easy it is to obfuscate C++. many of the backdoor's ive seen i wouldn't even have known they were there without someone pointing out the use of a disguised Macro. Hopefully future exchanges will hire an actual expert.

Those macros and code they executed looked weird. Of course if someone throws a bunch of files at you and says to go solve a puzzle to find a backdoor, it isn't a trivial task which may take days to complete. However the hacker told he was after a simple IRC fix which is just a few obvious lines of code replaced. Did he miss the fork button on GitHub in the process? And no one cared to educate him quickly? Yeah, right.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:04:36 AM

Are you that far out of the loop that after the story broke last night, you being one of the few remaining employees of Cryptsy just got wind of what's going on via a customer alerting you to Paul's blog post? I bet that was embarrassing.

Horus: How may I help you?
Customer: Blah blah blah, and did you hear the latest?
Horus: No, what?
Customer: The ten million dollars stolen from Cryptsy. Here's the link to the blog post.
Horus: Oh my fuckin' God! Surprise surprise surprise! Thanks. Guess I need to pen a post for BCT. They'll believe me, I'm sure of it.

As of two days ago, we recognized you as still being on Cryptsy's payroll. Exactly how and when were you informed that you were no longer on the payroll? Surely, it happened some time after this mysterious customer brought it to your attention of Paul's blog post, eh?

Mysteries indeed !

FUD first & ask questions later™
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 01:05:54 AM

Although I am no longer paid by Cryptsy

They canned you too? So is anyone still employed at Cryptsy? Is Vern still in China?

Being incompetent at your job is quite wrong actually. Don't take the job, or quit if you can't do it. Staying on the job implies responsibility.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: