Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:59:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE Payment Claims (Announce your payment here)  (Read 44361 times)
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2012, 07:06:48 PM

It seems very unlikely anyone else will get anything by any other means other than (legal) force, and that seems unlikely to be able to get the desired results.

I am now more than ever in favor of illegal force. That is the only plausible way to sort things out around here.

If you find out his address let me know then. I wasnt successful yet. Smiley

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bixcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Bixcoin Superdouche

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 12:47:40 AM

It seems very unlikely anyone else will get anything by any other means other than (legal) force, and that seems unlikely to be able to get the desired results.

I am now more than ever in favor of illegal force. That is the only plausible way to sort things out around here.

If you find out his address let me know then. I wasnt successful yet. Smiley

For those who dont know:A month ago I opened another thread, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117655.0, trying to gather people and funds to take legal actionas against Nefario. I did not go through with it because there was almost no interest but reading this thread, it seems there actually are some of you that would like to take action. I am still open to pay up to 100BTC of my funds if there are enough people willing to join so that we have enough to seriously do something.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2012, 12:56:33 AM

It is possible Nefario got "hit by a bus" as someone already took action. It is one explanation for his lack of communication.

There are reasons this is a plausible scenario.

deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 09:18:53 AM

It is possible Nefario got "hit by a bus" as someone already took action. It is one explanation for his lack of communication.

There are reasons this is a plausible scenario.

If that were true, he better start communicating if he doesn't want to get "hit by a bus" again.

What reasons for that scenario do you know, that we don't?
GeoRW

Activity: 350
Merit: 257

Trust No One

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 01:47:43 PM

I'm starting to regret that I sent him back the double payments he made in error :/
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 01:53:23 PM

I'm starting to regret that I sent him back the double payments he made in error :/

Me too, I had the feeling this was a mistake the moment I send it. But as I'm like to think of myself as an hones person, I would do it again.

I'm absolutely sure by now, that nothing will come from Nefario. And the first Issuers start collect claims for their shares. As I suspect, that a lot of people will use this orotundity to claim shares they actually didn't have. There will soon be another damage that can't be undone.

I will hold Nefario accountable for that, too. (Not that I can actually do something.)

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
BTCHero

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:09:01 PM

If he is scared about some government agency reguarding trading securities without a license then it makes sense he wouldn't ever send out the share info.

However, there is absolutely no reason to keep our BTC in the accounts hostage.  I am waiting on ~30 myself.  He obviously had some repayments on the extra coins, though he has yet to send any more out.  What good reason is there to keep these coins?  This is straight up theft.

Watching his youtube videos makes me sick.  He was a real badass until the first sign of trouble, typical internet tough guy.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
November 19, 2012, 06:46:19 PM

If he is scared about some government agency reguarding trading securities without a license then it makes sense he wouldn't ever send out the share info.

However, there is absolutely no reason to keep our BTC in the accounts hostage.  I am waiting on ~30 myself.  He obviously had some repayments on the extra coins, though he has yet to send any more out.  What good reason is there to keep these coins?  This is straight up theft.

Watching his youtube videos makes me sick.  He was a real badass until the first sign of trouble, typical internet tough guy.

Nefario obviously cannot be trusted in properly managing a project like GLBSE, why would anyone think he can  handle the funds properly.  He was probably skimming bitcoins from GLBSE and now he is short of bitcoins for the claims process.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
guruvan

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 11:57:10 AM

Nefario obviously cannot be trusted in properly managing a project like GLBSE, why would anyone think he can  handle the funds properly.  He was probably skimming bitcoins from GLBSE and now he is short of bitcoins for the claims process.

I'm as sure of this as I was sure that Bitcoinica owners were behind the several thefts (as was later show pretty conclusively when zhoutong got caught with the LR monies)

I'm nearly certain that nefario has given out all the coins he had "available" to give out. There's no more money being given out because there is no more money. I'm shocked he hasn't staged a "theft" to cover up the loss (theft)

If it were not a crime in the US to advocate the use of physical force, I'd be all about it. It's shocking that I've not heard of anyone solving the pirate or glbse fiascoes with physical force.

I'm pretty fed up with being stolen from with no recourse whatsoever to recover anything. I'm pretty sure I'd kick him in the nuts if I saw him though. I'd be fine with the assault charge.

But, like I said.....he's only holding defaulted assets (and a couple BTC worth of SS shares) of mine, and I don't expect to be able to kick pirate in the nuts anytime soon, either.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:16:05 PM

If it were not a crime in the US to advocate the use of physical force, I'd be all about it. It's shocking that I've not heard of anyone solving the pirate or glbse fiascoes with physical force.

Well, we are all pussies. And we all have better things to do. No one has lost their livelihood to these scams.

But effectively, legal threats are also threats of violence. And we haven't even begun submitting official complaints yet.

I'm pretty sure I'd kick him in the nuts if I saw him though. I'd be fine with the assault charge.

I think I'd have to hear his side of the story first. However, apparently it won't be possible if we don't go and ask him personally.
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 12:44:56 PM

Progress has been made.
To all Gigaminers:

Late yesterday I received an asset holder list from GLBSE. Per the email received, the list may grow some more so it may not be the final list.

This is good news as it means step one is near completion. I will be working with counsel later today and possibly into next week to finalize the next steps and to clarify what has to be done and why.

Best regards,
gigavps
Seems like James has managed to complete some of the assets list at least Smiley
//DeaDTerra
guruvan

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:04:40 PM

Well, we are all pussies. And we all have better things to do. No one has lost their livelihood to these scams.

But effectively, legal threats are also threats of violence. And we haven't even begun submitting official complaints yet.

I'm pretty sure I'd kick him in the nuts if I saw him though. I'd be fine with the assault charge.

I think I'd have to hear his side of the story first. However, apparently it won't be possible if we don't go and ask him personally.

I fail to see your argument that legal threats are also threats of violence. If they were, I'd just threaten to shoot people. But, it turns out threatening to sue someone IS legal, and threatening to shoot them is NOT.

I also think you underestimate the amounts of money people had invested in the various scams. PLENTY of people have lost their livelihoods to these scams Seen any of the "long term offers" in the lending section? More than a few people were completely wiped out by these scams.

I'm sure his side of the story has no bearing on whether I'd like to kick him in the nuts. I'd kick him in the nuts for non-communication, not just non-payment! Wink

Alas. I can't afford to travel to James, and kick him, and I can't afford a lawyer (to kick him?) .... So...I'll just hope James wants to repay / sent info....just like I'll hope pirate wasn't a thief, and that there's some money left for the bitcoinica liquidator to distribute. GLWT, huh?

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 20, 2012, 01:34:25 PM

I fail to see your argument that legal threats are also threats of violence. If they were, I'd just threaten to shoot people. But, it turns out threatening to sue someone IS legal, and threatening to shoot them is NOT.

Well, the fact that something is legal doesn't mean it's not violent. They do threaten by physical force, otherwise what's the imperative?

Alas. I can't afford to travel to James, and kick him, and I can't afford a lawyer (to kick him?) .... So...I'll just hope James wants to repay / sent info....just like I'll hope pirate wasn't a thief, and that there's some money left for the bitcoinica liquidator to distribute. GLWT, huh?

Yeah, but I'm sure many of us can afford to travel. Let's hope it never comes to any extremes. It seems he has started sharing the information.
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 01:20:10 PM

Haven't been following the GLBSE news much lately, but I was wondering if someone could quickly get me up to date on a question I have:
Are there still people who haven't received their bitcoins back, despite not being an issuer themselves?
GLBSE still owes me bitcoins, and I still haven't received anything back, despite making my claim the day the page was launched...

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 01:50:50 PM

Sure:

Some people got their BTC back.
Some people got more than their BTC back.
Some people still have not gotten their BTC back.
Some of the people that got more than their BTC back sent some of the extra back to GLBSE.
Some of the people that got more than their BTC back kept some of the extra BTC.
Some of the asset issuers got some of their asset holder information sent to them.
Some of the people that kept the extra BTC then sent some of the extra BTC back to GLBSE.
Some more of the asset holder information was then sent to some of the asset issuers.

So it appears that if you ever want to get your dividends you must:

Send any extra BTC you got back to GLBSE
Fill out the claim information on the web site
Then your information will be sent to the asset issuers

If you are waiting on BTC then you are waiting on the people who were sent extra BTC to send the overpayment back to GLBSE

I still have not received email from GLBSE where to send the excess coins, from the double payment... and my account is not in the list provided to gigavps.

By overpayment you mean take my 100% and send the excess 80%

Jurek

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2012, 02:01:28 PM

yay! He listened to my request!

@2Good
Nef posted the adress on the forums. Look up hist last posts.

PSYCHOTICBOY IS A THIEF AND A SCAMMER BE WARNED!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=129941
2GOOD

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 02:07:39 PM

http://blog.glbse.com/issers-who-have-been-given-lists-so-far

I believe if you send back the overpayment your asset holder information will be sent to the asset issuers.  If it were me I would contact GLBSE directly and arrange to send back the overpayment.  Yes, keep what is yours and return what is not yours.

OK so I'll wait a little more for email from GLBSE.

Thanks

2GOOD

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2012, 02:13:27 PM

http://blog.glbse.com/issers-who-have-been-given-lists-so-far

I believe if you send back the overpayment your asset holder information will be sent to the asset issuers.  If it were me I would contact GLBSE directly and arrange to send back the overpayment.  Yes, keep what is yours and return what is not yours.

OK so I'll wait a little more for email from GLBSE.

Thanks

You might send him an email with the subject "I want to return the BTC overpayment" in order to get his attention and get him to read it Wink

Here is his most recent posting on the issue:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118354.msg1282045#msg1282045

I have just now forwarded the last email (sent to support@glbse.com) to james@glbse.com the subject is Double Payment - clear enough I hope.

I've got that e-mail from the blog. Thank you for that.

RHA

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 02:17:08 PM

Quote from: blog.glbse.com
Nov 22 / 5:28am  Issers who have been given lists so far
by James McCarthy

GIGAMINING
BITBOND
YABMC
FPGAMINING
PUREMINING
YARR
COGNITIVE
BTC-MINING
ZETA-MINING
IBB

These lists are not 100% complete, users who have not claimed their GLBSE account, and users who have not returned the double payment of bitcoin have not been included.

I'm still currently working with users who have lost their login details and issuer lists.

Quote from: blog.glbse.com
Nov 22 / 11:15am  Refunding double payments and getting your assets.
by James McCarthy

I've gotten a LOT of emails in the last 24 hours from users who got a double payment and they have not returned it yet.

I will contact you all tomorrow with an individual payment address, and we can get you onto your issuers shareholders lists.

For anyone who has not already contacted me, please email the address you were overpaid to at james@glbse.com

Please be patient, thank you.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 03:24:16 PM

@RHA... he already released this address for doublepayments here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118354.msg1282045#msg1282045

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: