Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:00:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The future of the paper money  (Read 416527 times)
SirPol85

Activity: 116
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 06:07:23 PM

I think that paper money will cease to exist in the next 5 years. And the government will accelerate this process. After all, paper money is very difficult to control. Therefore, they will be digitized

Too fast. In the underdeveloped countries they can not settle problems with paper money, but some people have not even heard about digital ones.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fireblade

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 08:31:56 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2017, 10:24:53 AM by Fireblade

I cannot rule out the possibility of paper money to dissappear but it will take more than a century. Most digital currencies including Bitcoin are still in the middle stage and therefore cannot make paper money to dissappear so quickly.

In order for paper money to completely disappear, it is necessary that the digital currency works smoothly anywhere in the world, it is necessary to develop further in this direction.
i do not think that it is such an easy job that paper money will disappear completely, as in present time less than one percent people of the world are using bitcoin,  i think it will take a long long time and even then people will be using both the option. to me i think it will take decades when all the peoples of the world will be using bitcoin in every corner of the world. in fact still there are some countries and modern cities where people are already using bitcoin for payment method as well as for so many other purposes.
Viscore

Activity: 3024
Merit: 647

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 03:36:51 AM

I cannot rule out the possibility of paper money to dissappear but it will take more than a century. Most digital currencies including Bitcoin are still in the middle stage and therefore cannot make paper money to dissappear so quickly.

In order for paper money to completely disappear, it is necessary that the digital currency works smoothly anywhere in the world, it is necessary to develop further in this direction.
i do not think that it is such an easy job that paper money will disappear completely, as in present time less than one percent people of the world are using bitcoin,  i think it will take a long long time and even then people will be using both the option. to me i think it will take decades when all the peoples of the world will   be using bitcoin in every corner of the world.
Not even in my dreams, we are thinking it is possible but we neglect to see how small we are as a community compared to fiat or paper money. It's true that we are growing but that in a bigger rate, we will never replace paper money as the government will simply does not gonna allow it.
Think of the majority, not all people are getting used to the technology, most of them rely on simpleness and paper money offers it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 03:59:31 AM

i do not think that it is such an easy job that paper money will disappear completely, as in present time less than one percent people of the world are using bitcoin,  i think it will take a long long time and even then people will be using both the option. to me i think it will take decades when all the peoples of the world will   be using bitcoin in every corner of the world.
Not even in my dreams, we are thinking it is possible but we neglect to see how small we are as a community compared to fiat or paper money. It's true that we are growing but that in a bigger rate, we will never replace paper money as the government will simply does not gonna allow it.
Think of the majority, not all people are getting used to the technology, most of them rely on simpleness and paper money offers it.
When talking about paper money disappearing we are talking about changing to a cashless society not bitcoin taking over.

There will always remain a form of cash but the government and banks are just going to make it harder for us to use paper money because digital transfers are not only cheaper for the bank but easier for the government to track your income for tax purposes.

Fatanut
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 08:28:27 AM

Paper money will disappear from our hands but, it will take more time. Still many people do not know about internet and online payment methods. So first countries have to educate their people then they can easily remove paper currency from daily usage. 

Educate people is what the government doing for quite a while now. Apparently, many people chose not to do so. Tons of teenagers have the money and the capability to finish college but they don't. We are so pre-occupied by other stuffs. There's far more distractions and addicting stuffs around us that we start wasting time and money on trivial stuffs.

There will always be people living in the streets, selling stuffs just to eat even once a day. There will always be people that cannot afford education even when there's no tuition fee. Of course these people will do their best to earn money to be able to eat first before they start educating themselves.

And even when every single one have learned how to use the internet and can use the internet, people aren't going to do such thing as making themselves knowledgeable about bitcoins unless it's required to do so. For example, if fiat was gone and the only way of transacting is through bitcoins.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

hawkins

Activity: 1204
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:19:35 AM

Well, I think very much change from paper money in all countries, and I think paper money will continue to be used for a long time, because in my opinion, paper money is easier to use for now than digital money, Discount in using paper money.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 09:29:02 AM

i do not think that it is such an easy job that paper money will disappear completely, as in present time less than one percent people of the world are using bitcoin,  i think it will take a long long time and even then people will be using both the option. to me i think it will take decades when all the peoples of the world will   be using bitcoin in every corner of the world.
When talking about paper money disappearing we are talking about changing to a cashless society not bitcoin taking over.

There will always remain a form of cash but the government and banks are just going to make it harder for us to use paper money because digital transfers are not only cheaper for the bank but easier for the government to track your income for tax purposes

I have a somewhat different opinion

More specifically, I don't think that governments and banks are deliberately trying to make it harder for us to use cash. I'd rather say they are sooner trying to make non-cash payments more handy and easily available to ordinary people and thus crowd out paper money from circulation on purely economic grounds. If they were really trying to impede or hamper using cash (for example, by banning cash transactions), people would just start using some cash substitutes or bills and coins of some reliable foreign currency

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 09:51:43 AM

I think that today's world is riled by politicians, many of which came from business. They are pushing us to use bank's cards and online payments which seems much more comfortable, cause of you don't need to hold all your money with you. But all this services are taking fees which are going from one level of authority to another higher and higher, that make the wealth of this politicians and businessmen only bigger and bigger. If you really want to economy your money, which in more cases are not so big, use paper money payments and stay away from all this cards and online services.
NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 10:37:29 AM

Paper money will not be banned completely.Recently, indian government tried to demonitize high value paper notes inorder to increase digital transactions.But it didnt give any expected results and when new notes were released,people once again started using paper currencies.Venezuela also tried to demolish paper currency and failed.So,paper money would exist in future but its users would get reduced in numbers.
because the user is still undeveloped and understand much about digital. and use digital currencies can not be implemented directly, it should be a gradual process
FLUX-project

Activity: 378
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:50:53 AM

That is very interesting idea.As for me humanity isnt ready for that in the nearest future)
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 11:57:48 AM

Future of paper money? hmm everyone can say about the real future of money but only can knew about what really happens on the future about this money many countries are doing great business with money and this will never disappeared for us who using daily basis and assitance.
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 05:34:28 PM

I think that today's world is riled by politicians, many of which came from business. They are pushing us to use bank's cards and online payments which seems much more comfortable, cause of you don't need to hold all your money with you. But all this services are taking fees which are going from one level of authority to another higher and higher, that make the wealth of this politicians and businessmen only bigger and bigger. If you really want to economy your money, which in more cases are not so big, use paper money payments and stay away from all this cards and online services

That's mostly nonsense

And it seems you are really not familiar with payment cards and just repeating some pointless drivel. As I have already told numerous times, many banks offer cards which are just profitable to have (in comparison with keeping your money under the mattress). You get interest on the remaining amount in your account, you often can make instant card-to-card transfers free of charge, you are offered protection in the form of chargeback. Wtf, you may even get decent cashback on certain categories of purchases. Personally, I see no reason to use cash whenever I can pay with my debit card (and I have quite a few)

bouren

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:38:20 PM

That is very interesting idea.As for me humanity isnt ready for that in the nearest future)

Indeed true.
Consider any development, cash or paper money will continue to reign the economy. You can't literate whole country and make them use digital means for every need.
StarCitizen999

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:47:12 PM

Indeed true.
Consider any development, cash or paper money will continue to reign the economy. You can't literate whole country and make them use digital means for every need.

I agree with you. Paper money is a habit. People can not give up this. It's nice to listen to the rustle of the bills. And to make purchases in cash - anonymously
Theb

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:52:53 PM

Indeed true.

I agree with you. Paper money is a habit. People can not give up this. It's nice to listen to the rustle of the bills. And to make purchases in cash - anonymously
Lets face it Cash is still king when it comes to currency. Yes we all have now credit cards, debit cards, and stuff like Apple Pay but all of which is paid or loaded by Cash and nothing else. Even Bitcoin as a currency is still converted to Fiat Currency because as of right now it still has many uses compared to Bitcoin. I can tell you that if the government has not yet come up with a good alternative to fiat then Fiat currency still has a bright future ahead.

..bustadice..         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
......Play......
deisik
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 07:57:04 PM

Indeed true.

Lets face it Cash is still king when it comes to currency. Yes we all have now credit cards, debit cards, and stuff like Apple Pay but all of which is paid or loaded by Cash and nothing else. Even Bitcoin as a currency is still converted to Fiat Currency because as of right now it still has many uses compared to Bitcoin. I can tell you that if the government has not yet come up with a good alternative to fiat then Fiat currency still has a bright future ahead.

What you refer to in your post is certainly not cash

You evidently talk about digital fiat which is the opposite of cash. Cash (aka "ready money") is bills and coins that you can put in the pocket of your trousers or leather wallet if you have one. Thus when you convert bitcoins to fiat, you convert them not to cash but to digital fiat, which you can then withdraw to your bank account and fill with it your payment card balance. In short, cash is money which you can touch with your hands, see with your eyes and smell with your nose (you can even taste it)

kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:15:11 PM

It's a utopian scheme. Without paper money the world would be unimaginable, you can't be able to cover all the people in a digitalization or card money. Paper money will be remain otherwise disorder will be taking up, so it needs to keep pace with the modern era with paper money.
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:41:44 PM

It's a utopian scheme. Without paper money the world would be unimaginable, you can't be able to cover all the people in a digitalization or card money. Paper money will be remain otherwise disorder will be taking up, so it needs to keep pace with the modern era with paper money.
I think paper money will continue to be developed in accordance with the times. I think bitcoin will be formed into paper money if bitcoin is out of the internet and is used in the real world. It will have become something popular to date.
AK47-

Activity: 644

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:53:40 PM

Not everyone in this world have internet. Some dont even have electricity. How could you imagine life at those places without paper money. Moreover, at present paper money allows easy transactions. So I would say paper money are not going anywhere if we talk about this generation. About more distant future it is hard to say anything at this moment.
axorb

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 04:57:13 PM

Paper money will always survive especially in poor countries where people don't have access to internet and are not aware about bitcoins so we cannot expect them to start using bitcoins as they will be much comfortable in using paper money.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 285 »
  Print  

Jump to: