Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:55:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency?  (Read 19540 times)
jt byte

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:19:34 PM

Maybe we could sponsor a famous person to advertise Bitcoin
let's say a  gaming youtuber or someone like that, A lot of famous youtuber are being sponsored by gaming gears company like razer or roccats for instance,so why don't we try to be their sponsor Grin
And a lot of people who watch them are people who understand technology so it will be easy to get them introduced to Bitcoin
Im sure it will attract lots of buzz over the internet and it will make bitcoin more popular Smiley

Justin bieber is sponsored by Beats and he wear it anywhere he goes Roll Eyes

IMO Smiley

I have a feeling that if both Google and Apple will implement the bitcoin as the payment method to buy in their market it would be perfect.
That would be the best idea to spread the bitcoin in Google Wallet and Apple Pay.
Most of the internet/technology users use android phone and iOS so this kind of advertisement will rock Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tech_solutions

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 10:57:26 PM

in my view if the online shopping sites start to accept bitcoin as their payment method. the bitcoin awerness will spread very soon, because today most of the people are purchasing everthing online
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 11:43:33 PM

in my view if the online shopping sites start to accept bitcoin

They will need suppliers of goods in Bitcoin,
if You will count the time of cargo from China to EU or USA -
you will find noone who will have the risk of Bitcoin value change on the market.

If someone will start selling oil or petroleum for Bitcoin - that change USD to Bitcoin for all

Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 04:05:47 AM

as long as bitcoin is not mass adopted and used by everybody in the world, we will always need new ways of advertising bitcoin. there are still a large number of people in the world in different countries who have not yet even heard about bitcoin.
if we are planning on getting big, then we need to start spreading the word faster.
but I guess if bitcoin price starts going up and we don't see any more price declines I think that can be a very good advertisement. because the stability would do it for bitcoin on its own.

Only Bitcoin
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:23:03 AM

Maybe we could sponsor a famous person to advertise Bitcoin
let's say a  gaming youtuber or someone like that, A lot of famous youtuber are being sponsored by gaming gears company like razer or roccats for instance,so why don't we try to be their sponsor Grin
And a lot of people who watch them are people who understand technology so it will be easy to get them introduced to Bitcoin
Im sure it will attract lots of buzz over the internet and it will make bitcoin more popular Smiley

Justin bieber is sponsored by Beats and he wear it anywhere he goes Roll Eyes

IMO Smiley

I have a feeling that if both Google and Apple will implement the bitcoin as the payment method to buy in their market it would be perfect.
That would be the best idea to spread the bitcoin in Google Wallet and Apple Pay.
Most of the internet/technology users use android phone and iOS so this kind of advertisement will rock Smiley
I don't think they will be using bitcoin anytime soon
I got a feeling that google will release their own crptocurrency in the future Smiley)
While apple doesn't care about that at all Grin
I never see a news about apple's interest on bitcoin before Smiley)
3Coins

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:33:41 AM

A good movie with good good movie plot with great actors from the A list will surely help Bitcoins popularity
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 10:28:40 AM

Yes we need more, but as some people said, we should not be so agressive on marketing until the blocksize debat is over, because we dont want tons of new people jumping in, right when the block is fully.

I mean imagine all the newbies how mad they would be if the transactions would have huge backlogs.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:19:39 PM

Education, not advertising. An awful lot of people have heard the word now. Very, very few have a clue what it actually entails.

I agree totally with you. The best thing to do is that bitcoin enter at the schools and universities as cycle of lessons and be part of actual curriculum of everyone of those. But how is possible this when most of the countries of the world ignore it? if this can be true the known and the value of bitcoin (especially the value as a technology and not only as a currency) it will increase much more and with big steps.

But it is not advertising one of the ways which can help on this?
But advertisement and education go hand in hand.
I guess a 30 seconds advertisement is not enough as a way to educate people about Bitcoins. Over a minute of advertisement is kinda expensive. 1 full page of news paper ads is not going to work as well.

I heard there is a school that included crypto currency as a subject

There are Universities which have in their projects the known of bitcoin more deeply using series of seminar discussions and workshops. One of those is Pompeu Fabra University which in collaboration with Barcelona Bitcoin Community are thinking to start a joint program of workshops dedicated to study, development, and discussion of cryptocurrency.

Find more (if you like) read here: http://www.coinfox.info/news/3258-pompeu-fabra-university-and-barcelona-bitcoin-community-start-a-joint-program-to-promote-the-study-of-cryptocurrency
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 03:40:20 PM

A good movie with good good movie plot with great actors from the A list will surely help Bitcoins popularity

There are at least few movies that i know that mentioned bitcoin there.
In one movie (which i can't remember the title) was mentioned how bitcoin is earned by mining.
But a good movie which would show in detail would be good as an advertisement.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:04:43 PM

We do not need to publicize bitcoin any further. Those who got interested within the last 2-years are a product of a "tiny" bit of publicity and the consumer base grew exponentially (as well as price momentarily).
However as noticed with the publicity increase, the protocol is not prepared for mass-scale and needs some bugs worked out. The malleability attack alone is enough to turn perspective users aware as traditional financial institutions don't have to put up with this.

What we "need" to do is keep hammering away at the security flaws within the protocol and continue to work towards a more powerful network.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:09:58 PM

We do not need to publicize bitcoin any further. Those who got interested within the last 2-years are a product of a "tiny" bit of publicity and the consumer base grew exponentially (as well as price momentarily).
However as noticed with the publicity increase, the protocol is not prepared for mass-scale and needs some bugs worked out. The malleability attack alone is enough to turn perspective users aware as traditional financial institutions don't have to put up with this.

What we "need" to do is keep hammering away at the security flaws within the protocol and continue to work towards a more powerful network.

I think you have a good point here, the fact that the bitcoin core dev team can't figure out a reasonable way to handle the blocksize debate or agree on anything means that bitcoin is not ready for a global scale adoption.  Everyone on here needs to be on the same page with how things should work and shouldn't keep bickering about stuff all the time... Miners, devs, and consumers need all to reach a consensus of what should be implemented.

TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:44:25 PM

I think you have a good point here, the fact that the bitcoin core dev team can't figure out a reasonable way to handle the blocksize debate or agree on anything means that bitcoin is not ready for a global scale adoption.  Everyone on here needs to be on the same page with how things should work and shouldn't keep bickering about stuff all the time... Miners, devs, and consumers need all to reach a consensus of what should be implemented.

That's exactly what I mean. It would be like advertising a game that's still in Alpha, or advertising a Movie before it's fully-cast.
We should honestly avoid any advertising of bitcoin until development allows for further implementation, because currently we are forcing development to fit the needs of implementation and this is as dangerous as centralization.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 05:50:15 PM

I think you have a good point here, the fact that the bitcoin core dev team can't figure out a reasonable way to handle the blocksize debate or agree on anything means that bitcoin is not ready for a global scale adoption.  Everyone on here needs to be on the same page with how things should work and shouldn't keep bickering about stuff all the time... Miners, devs, and consumers need all to reach a consensus of what should be implemented.

That's exactly what I mean. It would be like advertising a game that's still in Alpha, or advertising a Movie before it's fully-cast.
We should honestly avoid any advertising of bitcoin until development allows for further implementation, because currently we are forcing development to fit the needs of implementation and this is as dangerous as centralization.
If that's the case then I believe the main act we should perform is finding Mr. Nakamoto. We cannot develop his idea without his consent.
Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:04:52 PM

I think you have a good point here, the fact that the bitcoin core dev team can't figure out a reasonable way to handle the blocksize debate or agree on anything means that bitcoin is not ready for a global scale adoption.  Everyone on here needs to be on the same page with how things should work and shouldn't keep bickering about stuff all the time... Miners, devs, and consumers need all to reach a consensus of what should be implemented.

If that's the case then I believe the main act we should perform is finding Mr. Nakamoto. We cannot develop his idea without his consent.

Hmm I disagree.  I am pretty sure he doesn't have any rights to Bitcoin at all and it was made for the public.  If that is true we can go ahead and advertise or do anything we want with it
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:07:16 PM

as long as bitcoin is not mass adopted and used by everybody in the world, we will always need new ways of advertising bitcoin. there are still a large number of people in the world in different countries who have not yet even heard about bitcoin.
if we are planning on getting big, then we need to start spreading the word faster.
but I guess if bitcoin price starts going up and we don't see any more price declines I think that can be a very good advertisement. because the stability would do it for bitcoin on its own.

Yes i believe that if prices starts going up it could help and advertise Bitcoin very good, because people usually try to find stable currencies with high prices that can earn it and hold or sell for profitable prices, so i hope that Bitcoin's price get up soon
Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 07:08:48 PM

Yes i believe that if prices starts going up it could help and advertise Bitcoin very good, because people usually try to find stable currencies with high prices that can earn it and hold or sell for profitable prices, so i hope that Bitcoin's price get up soon

The good news is it does seem to be happening.  We seem to be slowly climbing.  If this trend continues we should see roughly $350 dollars by the end of 2016.  Hopefully it does, for those that think it will start hitting 4 digits, or 5 digits, keep dreaming!
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:08:18 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 09:14:03 AM by RKing

The good news is it does seem to be happening.  We seem to be slowly climbing.  If this trend continues we should see roughly $350 dollars by the end of 2016.  Hopefully it does, for those that think it will start hitting 4 digits, or 5 digits, keep dreaming!

Slow climbing is good. If the price rise too fast, there could be a bubble. A big bubble will burst.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:22:14 PM

The good news is it does seem to be happening.  We seem to be slowly climbing.  If this trend continues we should see roughly $350 dollars by the end of 2016.  Hopefully it does, for those that think it will start hitting 4 digits, or 5 digits, keep dreaming!

Slow climbing is good.
I must admit that climbing in itself is good. Slow climbing is bad. We have to push for earlier progression. I am afraid we may not have much time.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 05:32:33 PM

The good news is it does seem to be happening.  We seem to be slowly climbing.  If this trend continues we should see roughly $350 dollars by the end of 2016.  Hopefully it does, for those that think it will start hitting 4 digits, or 5 digits, keep dreaming!

Slow climbing isn't bad, already the current prices aren't bad and make people love Bitcoin each day more and more, we have to learn PATIENCE , many people just want everything to happen now, time and patience is a must
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 08:23:34 PM

There are at least few movies that i know that mentioned bitcoin there.
In one movie (which i can't remember the title) was mentioned how bitcoin is earned by mining.
But a good movie which would show in detail would be good as an advertisement.

I see adam sandler have been mentioned about bitcoin in he's movie/series(forgot the movie/series title).

Slow climbing is good.
I must admit that climbing in itself is good. Slow climbing is bad. We have to push for earlier progression. I am afraid we may not have much time.

The problem is come from bitcoin it self, it's need more developing and do some improvement, about the network especially. so if it can be solved, faster climbing is not so hard.

Slow climbing isn't bad, already the current prices aren't bad and make people love Bitcoin each day more and more, we have to learn PATIENCE , many people just want everything to happen now, time and patience is a must

Recently, bitcoin price movement is looks stable than a year ago, but it can't be always like this, maybe before/after halving time, the price is like rollercoster(brave yourself).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: