Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:44:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency?  (Read 19540 times)
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 02:11:40 AM

I think the best approach right now is still on how we can protect the trust and ward off all the negative perception people are having towards bitcoin. Instead of looking at ways we can promote and spread the message around, we should also look at how we can protect the trust factor which is on the declining trend. People need to believe in bitcoin and everytime when I talk to people who are new towards cryptocurrency, I'll always tell them, it wrong to put the blame on bitcoin when something bad happen. Also recommend to them trusted exchangers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:03:05 AM

I think the best approach right now is still on how we can protect the trust and ward off all the negative perception people are having towards bitcoin. Instead of looking at ways we can promote and spread the message around, we should also look at how we can protect the trust factor which is on the declining trend. People need to believe in bitcoin and everytime when I talk to people who are new towards cryptocurrency, I'll always tell them, it wrong to put the blame on bitcoin when something bad happen. Also recommend to them trusted exchangers.
I've already decided our best argument is to explain to people that bitcoin is not the matter. People who utilize it for illegal activity would be. Bitcoin just needs a little bit of construction to make it close to impossible for criminals to create illegal businesses.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:42:17 PM

Education, not advertising. An awful lot of people have heard the word now. Very, very few have a clue what it actually entails.

I agree totally with you. The best thing to do is that bitcoin enter at the schools and universities as cycle of lessons and be part of actual curriculum of everyone of those. But how is possible this when most of the countries of the world ignore it? if this can be true the known and the value of bitcoin (especially the value as a technology and not only as a currency) it will increase much more and with big steps.

But it is not advertising one of the ways which can help on this?
smith coins

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:55:44 PM

Yes,I do believe there is still much to do for advertising of Bitcoin.What I believe we need to do now is to start physically explain the people to make them aware of the Bitcoin and advantages of it what they can have.What has been done so far is online and the time has come to advertise this way too as I stated above.

This would be possible if more big (e)-commerce shops will implement bitcoin as the payment method.
So by buying something you will see that a new opportunity has been added and you probably will ask about this method.
And at the first period of implementing it should be good to give cashback at least 1-3% like buying in gyft.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:58:54 PM

Education, not advertising. An awful lot of people have heard the word now. Very, very few have a clue what it actually entails.

I agree totally with you. The best thing to do is that bitcoin enter at the schools and universities as cycle of lessons and be part of actual curriculum of everyone of those. But how is possible this when most of the countries of the world ignore it? if this can be true the known and the value of bitcoin (especially the value as a technology and not only as a currency) it will increase much more and with big steps.

Yes, education about bitcoin is very important but even more important is personal approach and personal contact, at least on individual level.
People today receive so many offers that they are confuse what to choose or what is the best for them.
Word of mouth and positive experiences of friends are often the determining factor when someone making decision to accept some offer or not.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:03:07 PM

I guess so but documentaries and demonstrations of use cases are going to do the job better than just a nice banner. Some of the retailers who've taken it on have also done a nice job of explaining what it is.

Perhaps a more relevant question is where advertising and education should be aimed. There are a lot of people with skills in developing countries who could be making good use of it right now but all the big bucks are going towards bloated first worlders with a lesser need for it.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:08:52 PM

After all, if you don't spread the knowledge of an existence, the existence is in turn unknown, labeling it useless.

What about spreading the word to the younger generation? Children are known to imitate knowledge, and spread it continuously. I am a firm believer in broadcasting and wide advertising. Right now, I'm trying to create handmade merchandise like hand knitted sweaters with the bitcoin symbol embroidered onto them, hand sculpted bitcoin symbol necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and even handmade dolls of a mascot I drew. I'm hoping these fun items will help spread education for the digital currency until it's the number one used currency. What do you think?

You make great work, yes i think that we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency, because almost there is a lot of people till now don't know great things about Bitcoin, some others think that its not a real currency and that we can't make trades with Bitcoin, we have to popularize Bitcoin as much as we can, talking with relatives about it, writing articles and press releases , this can be good ways to support and advertise Bitcoin currency
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:26:44 PM

I guess so but documentaries and demonstrations of use cases are going to do the job better than just a nice banner. Some of the retailers who've taken it on have also done a nice job of explaining what it is.

Perhaps a more relevant question is where advertising and education should be aimed. There are a lot of people with skills in developing countries who could be making good use of it right now but all the big bucks are going towards bloated first worlders with a lesser need for it.

I agree again with your post and strongly with the part in bold and red. But I think that even documentaries and demonstration of use cases are a particular form of advertising. More elaborated but yet advertising are. The problem is who can made those. While to do a banner needed only a good designer, to do the first things needed very qualified people. How to attract them? This is the problem. The most prepared and intellectual people interested for bitcoin are mostly the programmers or the developers. Can you find a way to attract Steven Spielberg or James Cameron?  Wink
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:32:30 PM

ehh documentaries might work, but i highly doubt they'll appeal to majority of the people. barely anyone is going to want to want a 30 min documentary about bitcoin just because they are intrigued by it
p0k3r

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:40:48 PM

Yes we do. Bitcoin is still far from global usability and the more we expand the Bitcoin network, the more the currency can be acknowledged.  Smiley Smiley
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:47:52 PM

After all, if you don't spread the knowledge of an existence, the existence is in turn unknown, labeling it useless.

What about spreading the word to the younger generation? Children are known to imitate knowledge, and spread it continuously. I am a firm believer in broadcasting and wide advertising. Right now, I'm trying to create handmade merchandise like hand knitted sweaters with the bitcoin symbol embroidered onto them, hand sculpted bitcoin symbol necklaces, earrings, bracelets, and even handmade dolls of a mascot I drew. I'm hoping these fun items will help spread education for the digital currency until it's the number one used currency. What do you think?

You make great work, yes i think that we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency, because almost there is a lot of people till now don't know great things about Bitcoin, some others think that its not a real currency and that we can't make trades with Bitcoin, we have to popularize Bitcoin as much as we can, talking with relatives about it, writing articles and press releases , this can be good ways to support and advertise Bitcoin currency
Do you personally occupy any ways of small advertisement? Even wearing a T-shirt helps, or making posts on your social media accounts explaining what bitcoin is grants tremendous recognition to this currency.
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:49:36 PM

But advertisement and education go hand in hand.
lemipawa
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:01:13 PM

But advertisement and education go hand in hand.
I guess a 30 seconds advertisement is not enough as a way to educate people about Bitcoins. Over a minute of advertisement is kinda expensive. 1 full page of news paper ads is not going to work as well.

I heard there is a school that included crypto currency as a subject
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 06:36:21 PM

ehh documentaries might work, but i highly doubt they'll appeal to majority of the people. barely anyone is going to want to want a 30 min documentary about bitcoin just because they are intrigued by it
That is correct. In addition I feel like bitcoin is not intriguing and interesting to the point that normal, not bitcoin related people would waste time just to see what this is about. Education is nice, but it is not enough in our world. We need witty advertisements.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:21:37 PM

I have seen many Hollywood movies that really advertise bitcoin,
Can't remember exactly the movie name but it explained a bit how bitcoin is earned by mining.
So i think that also advertising in famous movies will increase the popularity of bitcoin.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:36:18 PM

I think advertisement in soccer matches about bitcoin would bring some positive attention from more people around as it is more popular sports event and broadcast on so many channels so it can be helpful for it.
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:51:52 PM

I think advertisement in soccer matches about bitcoin would bring some positive attention from more people around as it is more popular sports event and broadcast on so many channels so it can be helpful for it.

This would cost very expensive and the advertisers are mostly giant that have million in sales.
I think that the best way should be by third parties, like coinbase that has a good basement.
And good profit from users as it is an exchange and a wallet service at the same time, and this would be perfect.
Aemon

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:57:31 PM

Its tough to advertise Bitcoin for a couple of reasons, I agree with you that we need to actually do it somehow but lots of factors to consider.  Usually paid advertising has some way to actually make money, if we are paying money to advertise, who is paying the money, or receiving it? 
coinpr0n

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 08:49:44 PM

I just finished watching Dope the movie. It kind of serves as advertising for Bitcoin even though it's associated with the dark web and drugs. At least it exposes Bitcoin to the younger generations.

anzel2002

Activity: 110

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:06:40 PM

I agree there should be more advertising
I made a short comedy film based very loosely on the false claims in the Newsweek article
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDcNkggCXRQ
If I am able recoup the money spent on the first film, thru tips etc
I have a few ideas for Bitcoin short commercials for the web, that I am ready to make also
but have to see how this one does first

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: