Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:53:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency?  (Read 19540 times)
Aemon

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:12:31 PM

I think we are all in agreement that yes Bitcoin needs more advertising.  The problem is who is going to fund the advertising, who is going to make sure the advertising goes into the correct direction.  The question should be, how do we get Bitcoin more advertising, not if we believe it should have more.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:12:09 PM

Financial problems are affecting worldwide,soo may be the run away from some people that has their savings,and dont wanna them be frozen,like what happened at Greece ,the government and banks control the money in and out.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:26:24 PM

I think we are all in agreement that yes Bitcoin needs more advertising.  The problem is who is going to fund the advertising, who is going to make sure the advertising goes into the correct direction.  The question should be, how do we get Bitcoin more advertising, not if we believe it should have more.

There is many methods to advertise Bitcoin, i think the best method is talking about Bitcoin with our relatives not only online but also offline, this can help to make Bitcoin known as real currency, used and exchanged with fiat easily..Bitcoin without doubt need more support
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 06:25:48 PM

You mean like TV adverts that Visa and Mastercard run ?

I am not sure that traditional advertising is what would work for popularising bitcoin.
Besides who would be doing that ?
Visa & Paypal are companies, Bitcoin is a decentralised network.

I believe it needs time.
After all, nobody's been ever advertising gold as a store of value, but it has done pretty well.
Since bitcoin is digital, we shouldn't need to wait few centuries, as it was the case with gold Smiley

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:43:01 PM

I think is the best way to advertise the bitcoin is in comercial televisions world wide. Explain what is bitcoin comercial something like that can understand by people...

The suggestion is clear, but the question would be who?
Because bitcoin has no ceo, no company representatives etc.
I think the best way is when third parties advertise for their service in bitcoin.

Well, by advertising Bitcoin in general, every third party involved benefits. Similarly, by buying Bitcoin, you are somewhat "investing" in every third party that has something to do with Bitcoin at once. Everything that benefits Bitcoin benefits everyone that is involved with it, that's another thing that makes it such a great thing to hold in your portfolio.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:49:10 PM

There is many methods to advertise Bitcoin, i think the best method is talking about Bitcoin with our relatives not only online but also offline, this can help to make Bitcoin known as real currency, used and exchanged with fiat easily..Bitcoin without doubt need more support

Everything in this world needs some promotions to reach mass. So, bitcoin must need more advertising to make it as main stream of payments. Long back heard making bitcoin advertisements as smart-money or digital-money would attract more people.
bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 06:50:21 PM

I think is the best way to advertise the bitcoin is in comercial televisions world wide. Explain what is bitcoin comercial something like that can understand by people...

I think the best way is when third parties advertise for their service in bitcoin.

Well, by advertising Bitcoin in general, every third party involved benefits. Similarly, by buying Bitcoin, you are somewhat "investing" in every third party that has something to do with Bitcoin at once. Everything that benefits Bitcoin benefits everyone that is involved with it, that's another thing that makes it such a great thing to hold in your portfolio.

Correct.
Bitcoin is a network, so it benefits from the network effect.
The more people invest in it, the more people trade it, the more people accept it as a payment, the more people use it to make transfers, the more it grows.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 06:50:25 PM

Financial problems are affecting worldwide,soo may be the run away from some people that has their savings,and dont wanna them be frozen,like what happened at Greece ,the government and banks control the money in and out.

you do realise that an average TV show gets viewed by only a few million.. and thats by people actually tuning in to watch it because they have interest in the show..

so the cheap way to advertise it is not commercial TV. because the cost per viewer is pretty crappy.
things like youtube, vine, etc are better and literally free methods to get seen by millions of people.

but with that said. the content of the advert is more important about the expense of its production, or the expense of its implimentation.

we do not want crappy investment options that sound like ponzi's. we dont want technical seminars that blow peoples minds so much they lose interest because they simply cant take in the info in one go.

it needs to be a simple, short applepay/paypal style advert that is short and sweet that links people to the deeper information about how to professionally/properly get bitcoin and use it.

i think before arguing about who will publish the advert. or who will script the advert.. we need to concentrate on bitcoins infrustructure to actually get bitcoin user friendly.

it needs to be 'grandma friendly' where there is a way that even people living in the countryside/outback can get bitcoin, and can actually use it..
then and only then should it be advertised to the masses..

anyone disagreeing with that doesnt care about bitcoin, but just wants a price jump so they can jump back to fiat.. and thus should be ignored.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 07:22:33 PM

you do realise that an average TV show gets viewed by only a few million.. and thats by people actually tuning in to watch it because they have interest in the show..

so the cheap way to advertise it is not commercial TV. because the cost per viewer is pretty crappy.
things like youtube, vine, etc are better and literally free methods to get seen by millions of people.

but with that said. the content of the advert is more important about the expense of its production, or the expense of its implimentation.

we do not want crappy investment options that sound like ponzi's. we dont want technical seminars that blow peoples minds so much they lose interest because they simply cant take in the info in one go.

it needs to be a simple, short applepay/paypal style advert that is short and sweet that links people to the deeper information about how to professionally/properly get bitcoin and use it.

i think before arguing about who will publish the advert. or who will script the advert.. we need to concentrate on bitcoins infrustructure to actually get bitcoin user friendly.

it needs to be 'grandma friendly' where there is a way that even people living in the countryside/outback can get bitcoin, and can actually use it..
then and only then should it be advertised to the masses..

anyone disagreeing with that doesnt care about bitcoin, but just wants a price jump so they can jump back to fiat.. and thus should be ignored.

I like the idea, but who should organise it and fund it ?

Everyone involved in bitcoin will benefit, but we do not have a single body which is responsible for such things.
Should we hope that the likes of Gemini will do it ?

Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:14:46 PM

But as you said, there is no one clearly benefiting from advertise bitcoin. Say: if Coinbase or Kraken suddenly start promoting itself with TV spots who will benefit?
It is like you don't see a general PC gear commercials or TV spots how internet is awesome...
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 08:18:58 PM

Sure taking advantage of youtube to make the publicity would be the cheapest way but who will try to do something that will atract others to see,we would need some comercial very funny or something very stupid,the most comercials use those and a huge sucess.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 12:31:27 AM

Sure taking advantage of youtube to make the publicity would be the cheapest way but who will try to do something that will atract others to see,we would need some comercial very funny or something very stupid,the most comercials use those and a huge sucess.
I'm the unofficial queen of stupidity and funniness.

DUN DUN DDUUUUNNNN

funny girl to the rescue! =^_____^= Just give me some time though. I'm focusing on my crafts.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:28:25 AM

if advertise with youtube, targets are the common people?
they probably would not be interested in bitcoin
Ninjaskills

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 02:31:27 AM

yes i think bitcoin needed it
advertising such as socialization, we started advertising in the city news, might be interested
zircon

Activity: 117

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:56:52 AM

Teach them how to drive a car. Consumers will drive adoption, not merchants. Merchants follow consumers.

Once you have taught consumers that they can trust Bitcoin, understand it, not be terrified of it, be conned by it then you have your golden moment.

I really think there has been too little focus on getting Bitcoin into people's hands. As nutty as 21 may seem, their idea behind it was solid, execution probably sucked. You need people to earn Bitcoin easily and without drama, no exchanges and screwing around. They just want a wallet, hand over a little bit of Fiat safely (10USD) and try it out.

bitmarket.net

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2015, 09:41:43 AM

Many things need to happen to drive bitcoin forward that are not mutually exclusive:

They include:
- more involvement from the institutional investors
- reliable and trustworthy exchanges, with cheap and quick transfers of fiat money
- simple, secure and cheap ways to use bitcoins to make payments and transfers.

anthonycamp

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 09:45:45 AM

i found out like any car company needs adverts and in this case its into the use of Bitcoin per companies and post a sign and besides that the spread of the wrod that bitcoin its money soo its digital good to have trade and save and the good idea sells but needs a bit more adverts not just into the internet but companies acepted like its beeing doing into europe well btc still on the rise
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 10:29:33 AM

i found out like any car company needs adverts and in this case its into the use of Bitcoin per companies and post a sign and besides that the spread of the wrod that bitcoin its money soo its digital good to have trade and save and the good idea sells but needs a bit more adverts not just into the internet but companies acepted like its beeing doing into europe well btc still on the rise

I have a slogan for this: 'Rent a car cheaper with bitcoin'
This would be a good advertisement for car or taxi companies.
And time by time the result will be given and i think more people will use bitcoin.
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:33:45 PM

I have a slogan for this: 'Rent a car cheaper with bitcoin'
This would be a good advertisement for car or taxi companies.
And time by time the result will be given and i think more people will use bitcoin.

I don't like this idea. :c
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 03:42:35 PM

Well whoever believes that Bitcoin needs more advertising will like this very much:

http://cointelegraph.com/news/115491/bitcoin-awareness-campaign-launches-across-major-us-cities?ref=45
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: