Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:27:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency?  (Read 19540 times)
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2015, 05:17:38 AM

While my viewpoint is quite controversial on this subject ----------

I feel that the traditional system must come to bitcoin, not the other way around.

My view is not popular since it may take a long time, has no guarantee of success, and kind of 'negates' all the money being invested by vc into btc.

Still I think this the best couse

Szabo's concept on btc taking on a role of 'gold' vs. those who want to buy cups of coffee are far the best path. 

Alt coins like ltc and others can handle these smaller transactions much better.

well there it is , think about it long and hard,  if you are not a gold digger looking for instant gratification I hope you find it sound as I

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:31:09 AM

While my viewpoint is quite controversial on this subject ----------

I feel that the traditional system must come to bitcoin, not the other way around.

My view is not popular since it may take a long time, has no guarantee of success, and kind of 'negates' all the money being invested by vc into btc.

Still I think this the best couse

Szabo's concept on btc taking on a role of 'gold' vs. those who want to buy cups of coffee are far the best path. 

Alt coins like ltc and others can handle these smaller transactions much better.

well there it is , think about it long and hard,  if you are not a gold digger looking for instant gratification I hope you find it sound as I
I'd like to look it at like that as well. Bitcoin would be the primary currency of the future and several altcoins would be secondary. Many payment processors would have exchanges built in them. So you can pay with whatever altcoin you prefer and the merchant gets his payment in bitcoin or whatever altcoin he prefers. As in advertising bitcoin I think that we all play a role in that by spreading the word in real life. Most of us cannot afford big billboard ads, so I guess spreading the word will have to do at the moment. The companies whose primary source of income is bitcoin related stuff should take the responsibility into their own hands and promote bitcoin on a wider scale.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Ninjaskills

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:40:58 AM

we started advertising with google ads
I often see gambling sites(cryptogames.io) on the Google ads
I think it's a great idea
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 05:45:32 AM

I think bitcoin really need advertising, in my area just me know about bitcoin,
they are also active on the internet but don't know about bitcoin Huh
thats why need advertising

So then why not start yourself to advertise Bitcoin? The easiest is by word of mouth. Organize a meetup or do some presentations.
Their is always a simple and easy possibility to support Bitcoin.
who will pay me to advertise this? haha LOL
I've done every day in facebook, I don't do advertising to the extreme, because I don't get paid for it
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1358

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:50:57 AM

Actually I believe we must somekinda reach children with bitcoins. Think how Disney sells products to kids (erm I mean their parents)
Toys for bitcoins earned from video game may be even enough. Just imagine it! Lil boys will farm mmos all the way.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:02:43 AM

So then why not start yourself to advertise Bitcoin? The easiest is by word of mouth. Organize a meetup or do some presentations.
I've done every day in facebook, I don't do advertising to the extreme, because I don't get paid for it

You won't get paid for obvious reasons, to make people more aware of Bitcoin. Your reward is the higher price that you will benefit from in the very long term. Helping the community isn't a job, it's something we do out of love for Bitcoin.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:15:41 AM

The program of loyalty should be good but maybe another waste of funds to bring new costumers into bitcoin world,but maybe could work .Bitcoin needs some funny ads on youtube that are free and the cost will be very small to produce something related to bitcoin,but the thing is that those ads should be no longer then 1 minute and be very clear.
Like a family into the street and someone call them to eat,and pay the account with bitcoin,something like these would impact and bring attencion.(QUESTIONS would be made what the hell is bitcoin ,is possible to pay with it ? these questions should make people search)
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 10:19:18 PM

Actually I believe we must somekinda reach children with bitcoins. Think how Disney sells products to kids (erm I mean their parents)
Toys for bitcoins earned from video game may be even enough. Just imagine it! Lil boys will farm mmos all the way.

Bitcoin would make it so easy for Kids to be able to send and receive money without the need for a bank account. With Bitcoin, you don't need to provide your personal information, such as ID, your legal age, etc So this is an advantage, which makes Bitcoin accessible for anyone in the world. I think that movie companies like Pixar should make movies that would encourage the use of Bitcoins to kids. Would you imagine Woody or Buzz Lightyear (from Toy Story) using Bitcoins?  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 14, 2015, 11:10:52 PM

Bitcoin would make it so easy for Kids to be able to send and receive money without the need for a bank account. With Bitcoin, you don't need to provide your personal information, such as ID, your legal age, etc So this is an advantage, which makes Bitcoin accessible for anyone in the world. I think that movie companies like Pixar should make movies that would encourage the use of Bitcoins to kids. Would you imagine Woody or Buzz Lightyear (from Toy Story) using Bitcoins?  Roll Eyes
Haha, I couldn't. I could imagine "Professor" from The Power Puff Girls using it. You know, since he's making 10 year old anti-aging girls out of chemicals in his lab without a city authorized permit.
ajun96

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 02:21:26 AM

You won't get paid for obvious reasons, to make people more aware of Bitcoin. Your reward is the higher price that you will benefit from in the very long term. Helping the community isn't a job, it's something we do out of love for Bitcoin.
difficult to do that, if not paid, perhaps it is also perceived by others,
Let other people or products related to the bitcoin that conduct to advertising LOL Tongue
faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:00:45 AM

yes i believe that.
i think the best ways to advertising bitcoin is by using social media, and dont forget to tell what have you achieved from bitcoin  Tongue
adadaorlina

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:16:21 AM

I think Advertising is basic tricking people into buying something that they don't really need. The best thing for Bitcoin is always a simple and easy possibility to support our needs. Smiley
TheGr33k

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 15, 2015, 04:34:49 PM

yes i believe that.
i think the best ways to advertising bitcoin is by using social media, and dont forget to tell what have you achieved from bitcoin  Tongue
Do you occupy any social media for advertising the currency?
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 03:08:26 AM

I think Advertising is basic tricking people into buying something that they don't really need. The best thing for Bitcoin is always a simple and easy possibility to support our needs. Smiley

advertising has an element of informing as well which is important for Bitcoin mass adoption
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4465

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 03:43:12 AM

advertising has an element of informing as well which is important for Bitcoin mass adoption

1. a 30second tv advert cannot squeze in enough informative details to be of use, beyond looking like an apple pay app
2. a banner may be seen as just one of them binary options scams floating about.
3. until people can buy food, clothing and toilet paper. bitcoin is not ready for consumer mass adoption.

we need to concentrate on getting merchants onboard first. afterall thats what applepay done. merchants first, users second. mass merchants third, mass adoption forth..

we are nowhere near forth

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
ajun96

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:00:21 AM

yes i believe that.
yeah agree almost everyone has social media,
what we pay Facebook for advertising?
kostya.ash

Activity: 294

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:04:57 AM

Nope, we need advertising
with advertising we can introduce our products, so that they know, it will be able to accelerate the adoption of the bitcoin to the society
Ninjaskills

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 04:07:05 AM

true, if it does not use advertising, the growth of new members in the bitcoin will be slow,
so we need advertising
kyrios_

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 16, 2015, 07:52:16 AM

1. a 30second tv advert cannot squeze in enough informative details to be of use, beyond looking like an apple pay app
2. a banner may be seen as just one of them binary options scams floating about.
3. until people can buy food, clothing and toilet paper. bitcoin is not ready for consumer mass adoption.

we need to concentrate on getting merchants onboard first. afterall thats what applepay done. merchants first, users second. mass merchants third, mass adoption forth..

we are nowhere near forth

I agree with the merchants part first before consumer adoption. Ironically merchants won't adopt Bitcoin unless there's a demand and consumers won't use Bitcoin unless there are places to use it. this creates a self defeating cycle. we need some sort of catalyst to kickstart this growth of not we will not get anywhere.

I don't know about adoption in other countries but in Singapore it's pretty damn low, people still view it as a Ponzi scheme.

on another note, I think that we need to create some incentive to use Bitcoin like what PayPal did with offering free money for referrals etc. the problem is that Bitcoin is decentralised so who's gonna come up with the money? last I heard coin base has such an offer, I think we need more of it
Ninjaskills

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 01:53:55 AM

we was do that dude,
advertising with the game, it is very effective for children,
example: flapper coin, coin hopper, this is good advertising
game and also introduced bitcoin to the public
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: