Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:30:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe we need more ways of advertising Bitcoin currency?  (Read 19540 times)
codishmumu (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 01:41:27 PM

A good movie with good good movie plot with great actors from the A list will surely help Bitcoins popularity

There are at least few movies that i know that mentioned bitcoin there.
In one movie (which i can't remember the title) was mentioned how bitcoin is earned by mining.
But a good movie which would show in detail would be good as an advertisement.

I see adam sandler have been mentioned about bitcoin in he's movie/series(forgot the movie/series title).

The good news is it does seem to be happening.  We seem to be slowly climbing.  If this trend continues we should see roughly $350 dollars by the end of 2016.  Hopefully it does, for those that think it will start hitting 4 digits, or 5 digits, keep dreaming!

Slow climbing is good.
I must admit that climbing in itself is good. Slow climbing is bad. We have to push for earlier progression. I am afraid we may not have much time.

The problem is come from bitcoin it self, it's need more developing and do some improvement, about the network especially. so if it can be solved, faster climbing is not so hard.

The good news is it does seem to be happening.  We seem to be slowly climbing.  If this trend continues we should see roughly $350 dollars by the end of 2016.  Hopefully it does, for those that think it will start hitting 4 digits, or 5 digits, keep dreaming!

Slow climbing isn't bad, already the current prices aren't bad and make people love Bitcoin each day more and more, we have to learn PATIENCE , many people just want everything to happen now, time and patience is a must

Recently, bitcoin price movement is looks stable than a year ago, but it can't be always like this, maybe before/after halving time, the price is like rollercoster(brave yourself).
Of course it's not so difficult, but finding that solution to do so is what is difficult.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vika NSFW

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2015, 04:26:45 PM

Too much words.

lightenx

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 04:36:24 PM

Bitcoin is everywhere. In the News, magazines, internet and online shops. If you search "bit" the third result will be Bitcoin.org
codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:10:38 PM

Bitcoin is everywhere. In the News, magazines, internet and online shops. If you search "bit" the third result will be Bitcoin.org
I had no idea bitcoin existed until I looked up "marketplace" in Google, and it brought me here.

I know nothing on technology. Knew nothing on Bitcoin. I'm just....here by accident.

Accidental advertisement doesn't happen too often.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 10:27:24 PM

BankAmericard, Diners Club and American Express all had public perception issues when they first came out. If we wait the same amount of time it took them to really get established worldwide Bitcoin will overcome all the negativity. That's about 60 years by the way.

cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1250

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:18:49 PM

Advertisement is a double edged sword, it can backfire if you overdo it and push a produtct too much down the throat of potential consumers, thats why it's better to keep it subtle and reasonable and just focus on the actual product, this means, making Bitcoin as good as possible, and when fiat starts collapsing we will not need any advertisement at all.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 14, 2015, 11:27:52 PM

BankAmericard, Diners Club and American Express all had public perception issues when they first came out. If we wait the same amount of time it took them to really get established worldwide Bitcoin will overcome all the negativity. That's about 60 years by the way.

http://believebelong.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/65th_blue.jpg

http://wephoneswipe.com/get/files/image/galleries/7XCcOXT9.jpg?500x328

That's actually a really nice way to put things, I never really thought of it like that.  I mean for American Express though, I've never really heard of "Dinner's Club" before... but still a nice reference to what bitcoin is going through now and days.  If you think about it, American Express used to have TONS of commercials still back in the 90's, but when it grew up and matured more, there was no need... It just already made its reputation of being a good credit card to use for easier transactions.

c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 12:31:44 AM

Advertising/Marketing is absolutely needed. People can't use what they don't know exists...or if they think it's only for techies.

Even MasterCard, Bank of America, etc., spend millions annually on marketing. They wouldn't do it if it wasn't necessary.

See the one link in my sig to see how I really feel about it.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 02:51:53 AM

http://believebelong.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/65th_blue.jpg

http://wephoneswipe.com/get/files/image/galleries/7XCcOXT9.jpg?500x328

That's actually a really nice way to put things, I never really thought of it like that.  I mean for American Express though, I've never really heard of "Dinner's Club" before... but still a nice reference to what bitcoin is going through now and days.  If you think about it, American Express used to have TONS of commercials still back in the 90's, but when it grew up and matured more, there was no need... It just already made its reputation of being a good credit card to use for easier transactions.

That's right. Unfortunately, we live in an instant society. We want everything now, now, now! I've actually caught myself being pissed because my microwave was taking too long to bake a potato.

Everyone wants Bitcoin to do something it simply can't accomplish in a few years. Bitcoin will eventually be version 1.0 and ready to take on the world but it might take two generations to do it.

chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:03:38 AM

--snip--
Everyone wants Bitcoin to do something it simply can't accomplish in a few years. Bitcoin will eventually be version 1.0 and ready to take on the world but it might take two generations to do it.

Absolutely, and the reason for that is, whether we like to admit it or not, we are still under the dominance of the baby boomer generation (throwing in some of the 60's kids) ... They are not the type of people that are up for a "change" just because it's so late in their life, and are riding out their end days.  When you are at that point, you don't want to see an exciting new idea that can revolutionize everything we do on a day to day basis.  I think it makes them feel like they are going to miss out on something when they're gone.

I mean, I feel like the majority of bitcoin users are around the ages of 16-30 and are just now climbing up corporate ladders to figuratively take the torch from the previous generation to start running things and to make a change in the way we see fit.  Maybe this will be one of the things we will leave our future generations to help develop, along with selfie sticks, facebook, meme's, and instagram accounts Roll Eyes

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:13:09 AM

--snip--

Absolutely, and the reason for that is, whether we like to admit it or not, we are still under the dominance of the baby boomer generation (throwing in some of the 60's kids) ... They are not the type of people that are up for a "change" just because it's so late in their life, and are riding out their end days.  When you are at that point, you don't want to see an exciting new idea that can revolutionize everything we do on a day to day basis.  I think it makes them feel like they are going to miss out on something when they're gone.

I mean, I feel like the majority of bitcoin users are around the ages of 16-30 and are just now equally up corporate ladders to figuratively take the torch from the previous generation to start running things and to make a change in the way we see fit.  Maybe this will be one of the things we will leave our future generations to help develop, along with selfie sticks, facebook, meme's, and instagram accounts Roll Eyes

Citizens taking control of their labor (money) away from governments is the next natural step towards true equality and freedom but changing attitudes takes time. People knew in 1860s America that black opression was wrong but it took 100 years for any real measure of equality to be realized. Change happens slowly, even if it's the right thing to do.

neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 03:26:20 AM

yeah i believe that we need more ways of,
advertising bitcoin currency, as it is a worldwide currency.
if we do it. bitcoin can be acceptable in many shops,worlwide.
and yeah especially when young ones adapted using bitcoin.
there will be no more turning back on it.
but as of now, especially in my country. bitcoin is known to be scam,
for those whoreally dont know the currency.its so sad to be that way.

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████
██████████████
███        ████████
███████████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████▀▀     ███     ▀▀██████
████▀   ▄▄█████████▄▄   ▀████
████▄▄▄███▀  ▀█▀  ▀███▄▄▄████
██▀▀▀██▀      ▀      ▀██▀▀▀██
█▀  ▄██               ██▄  ▀█
█   ████▄▄         ▄▄████   █
█▄  ▀██▀             ▀██▀  ▄█
██▄▄▄██▄             ▄██▄▄▄██
████▀▀▀███▄ ▄█ █▄ ▄███▀▀▀████
████▄   ▀▀███▄█████▀▀   ▄████
███████▄     ███     ▄███████
███████████▄▄███▄▄███████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..PLAY NOW..
███  ███████  ████
██████████
███████      ███
███████████      ███
██████████████████
████████
███████████  ████   ███
███████████████ ███
█████████
█████████████████
███████  ███
██████████████
████████        ███
chennan
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:27:01 AM

--snip--

I mean, I feel like the majority of bitcoin users are around the ages of 16-30 and are just now equally up corporate ladders to figuratively take the torch from the previous generation to start running things and to make a change in the way we see fit.  Maybe this will be one of the things we will leave our future generations to help develop, along with selfie sticks, facebook, meme's, and instagram accounts Roll Eyes

Citizens taking control of their labor (money) away from governments is the next natural step towards true equality and freedom but changing attitudes takes time. People knew in 1860s America that black opression was wrong but it took 100 years for any real measure of equality to be realized. Change happens slowly, even if it's the right thing to do.

I just hope by that point in time, with a stable crypto, that governments will be able to function accordingly, stable.  There always is some need for taxation, because there needs to be some form of regulation; there is just no easy way to by pass that part.  We need roads, schools, etc. etc. ... But what we don't need are wars to improve the value of a currency (dollar) or shady inflation rates controlled by a small group of old wealthy white men.  Everything needs to hit a point of homeostasis, where governments and their citizens can collaborate with other countries in a very easy going, free flowing of ideas, type of fashion.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:37:46 AM

--snip--

I just hope by that point in time, with a stable crypto, that governments will be able to function accordingly, stable.  There always is some need for taxation, because there needs to be some form of regulation; there is just no easy way to by pass that part.  We need roads, schools, etc. etc. ... But what we don't need are wars to improve the value of a currency (dollar) or shady inflation rates controlled by a small group of old wealthy white men.  Everything needs to hit a point of homeostasis, where governments and their citizens can collaborate with other countries in a very easy going, free flowing of ideas, type of fashion.

I have a grandchild so I have to believe that's the direction we're headed. More of the same just won't work anymore.

Advertising would help but it will take a lot of time too.

maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 03:52:40 AM

Oh, really? Recently I wanted to check something and went to twitch.tv to watch some gaming streams.
I was sure that people who streams for living or gamers in generals have good idea what bitcoin is. I was shocked that they NEVER heard about it.
That is how bitcoin is 'popular' in reality. Even nerds don't know it.
RKing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 07:58:49 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2015, 09:00:40 AM by RKing

Oh, really? Recently I wanted to check something and went to twitch.tv to watch some gaming streams.
I was sure that people who streams for living or gamers in generals have good idea what bitcoin is. I was shocked that they NEVER heard about it.
That is how bitcoin is 'popular' in reality. Even nerds don't know it.

It will take many years for bitcoin to be popular. So we have to work hard to promote bitcion as much as we can.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 08:02:57 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2015, 10:35:29 AM by Amph

I had no idea bitcoin existed until I looked up "marketplace" in Google, and it brought me here.

I know nothing on technology. Knew nothing on Bitcoin. I'm just....here by accident.

Accidental advertisement doesn't happen too often.

now tell your friends, about this is one of the best form of advertisement out there

it can spread the awareness very fast, the problem is, seeing how btc is money, many that discover it, don't want to share because they are greedy

this was ceertainly true in the past, when it was easy to make a quick buck with bitcoin
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2015, 08:23:02 AM

their are lots of work to be done for bitcoin and advertising is a best of source it can be done through online and friends and doing online store going for bitcoin as payment system. gambling some sites have started to do bitcoin gambling , but still their is more to be done

codishmumu (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 02:11:35 AM

Too much words.

Those eggs don't look too happy. I think they want to find more ways of advertising in the bitcoin world.
zencomp

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★

View Profile
October 16, 2015, 03:47:58 AM

ya surely we need more ways because still only i think it may be wrong also but 20% of the total world knows about bitcoin so still 80% is left out, so their is still a lot of work to be done.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: