Bitcoin Forum
February 20, 2020, 02:13:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.19.0.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 630123 times)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:30:15 PM

Who is Atlas posting as these days?Is he now officially wealthy or what?

far as i am aware, he left a long time ago and hasn't posted here in many years.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 2587
Merit: 1298

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:35:56 PM

A lot of people sell early, then get out of the game permanently.
When Bitcoin hit $1000 again, I am sure that there will be a ton of people who sell with their double profit then get out.

Only those who keep buying and hold have really become wealthy from Bitcoin.

ive been in since 2011.

a lot of us sold early. while we made good money, several hundred percent, sure sucks knowing if we held everything and sold at some perfect all time high we would all own private islands.

BUT, the whole point was to USE btc. to see if it worked. to be part of a possibly history making event.

if everyone had held, it would be worthless.

so USE it, dont just hodl. save some of course. but use it.
MommyElsa

Activity: 355
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:55:30 PM

Congrats to the Bitcoin Multi-millionaires.

Yes,  congratulations anyway,  they are very lucky,  looking forward to be a part of that community in the future.  I am hoping and dreaming to be rich as well.

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
fenican

Activity: 1148
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:01:41 PM

It's all paper gains until you cash out. Some of the $20k BTC millionaires are now lowly $275k'aires. Barely a step above common pond scum  Grin Grin
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:03:17 PM

exponential growth is almost always unsustainable and, in practice, is almost never sustained. relatedly, past performance of any commodity does not predict future performance. there are also potential problems, like scalability and the evolution of the fee structure.
jimmydvd

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:28:16 PM

I will also allocate my funds for bitcoin because I see bitcoin will rise again just waiting for the right time for bitcoin to rise again, it can be seen from the level of public confidence in bitcoin higher and bitcoin also increasingly famous in the world. hopefully the upcoming bitcoin rises can make us all able to envision our desires. thank you.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1020

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:32:53 PM

Some of us missed out, made mistakes, sold too early, etc. Is there support for a new, upper-middle class?

I'm glad you're rich and elite. and I'm glad that like you, too, began to engage in bitcoin
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 2432

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 11:56:28 PM

Some of us missed out, made mistakes, sold too early, etc. Is there support for a new, upper-middle class?

I'm glad you're rich and elite. and I'm glad that like you, too, began to engage in bitcoin

You were definitely one of the earlier contributors to this thread, but I suppose that it is understandable how any of us, at any time, can be tricked out of our coins.  Reminds me of the tweet from the guy who raked in 5x returns and sold his 1700 BTC at $.30 and regretting that he had not held until $8 (twitter status, liinked below).   

https://twitter.com/GregSchoen/status/70261648811761665

There are some folks who are going to sell too much, too soon, no matter what because their conviction is not strong enough.

I personally suggest that if anyone sells any of their bitcoins, then either replace those coins right away if selling on the way down, or only sell incrementally if selling on the way up... such as selling only small portions at a time (less than 50% and perhaps having a rule to never sell any more than 10% at any given time and only after a certain decent amount of price appreciation, such as 100% price appreciation). 

Surely, there is going to be personal variation and maybe even nervousness that causes the selling of too many coins, but we should not want to gamble on the downside with our bitcoins, to lose faith in bitcoin or to get tricked out of our bitcoin holdings (whether we are being greedy to cash in our profits or scared about losing paper profits)... so in this regard, over investing or leveraging can be a problem, too.

Put BTC here: 35EVP8EePt8dyvKHaB7bXaRmKLm22YgRCA

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:36:16 AM

-Image-

You were definitely one of the earlier contributors to this thread, but I suppose that it is understandable how any of us, at any time, can be tricked out of our coins.  Reminds me of the tweet from the guy who raked in 5x returns and sold his 1700 BTC at $.30 and regretting that he had not held until $8 (twitter status, liinked below).    

There are some folks who are going to sell too much, too soon, no matter what because their conviction is not strong enough.

I personally suggest that if anyone sells any of their bitcoins, then either replace those coins right away if selling on the way down, or only sell incrementally if selling on the way up... such as selling only small portions at a time (less than 50% and perhaps having a rule to never sell any more than 10% at any given time and only after a certain decent amount of price appreciation, such as 100% price appreciation).  

Surely, there is going to be personal variation and maybe even nervousness that causes the selling of too many coins, but we should not want to gamble on the downside with our bitcoins, to lose faith in bitcoin or to get tricked out of our bitcoin holdings (whether we are being greedy to cash in our profits or scared about losing paper profits)... so in this regard, over investing or leveraging can be a problem, too.

Does anyone know who, or what pseudoname the person who got famous for buying a pizza for 10,000 BTC?  I wonder if that is gut wrenching for him looking back on that and wondering "what if" all the time?  I would love to look back at any threads based around that moment in Internet history.

Of course hind sight is always going to be 20/20 and you can't allow yourself to beat yourself up all the time about it, but I never had to go through things like that or the one instance you described.

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 2432

How much alt coin diversification is needed? 0%?

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 01:46:39 AM

-Image-

You were definitely one of the earlier contributors to this thread, but I suppose that it is understandable how any of us, at any time, can be tricked out of our coins.  Reminds me of the tweet from the guy who raked in 5x returns and sold his 1700 BTC at $.30 and regretting that he had not held until $8 (twitter status, liinked below).    

Does anyone know who, or what pseudoname the person who got famous for buying a pizza for 10,000 BTC?  I wonder if that is gut wrenching for him looking back on that and wondering "what if" all the time?  I would love to look back at any threads based around that moment in Internet history.

Of course hind sight is always going to be 20/20 and you can't allow yourself to beat yourself up all the time about it, but I never had to go through things like that or the one instance you described.

Below is laszlo's pizza thread, and I thought I had seen something else by him on lightning.  It may have been on reddit since it appears that the most recent forum posts of his are from early 2014.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.msg1141#msg1141

Put BTC here: 35EVP8EePt8dyvKHaB7bXaRmKLm22YgRCA

How much alt coin diversification is necessary? if you are investing in Bitcoin, then perhaps 0%?
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:09:03 AM

-Image-

You were definitely one of the earlier contributors to this thread, but I suppose that it is understandable how any of us, at any time, can be tricked out of our coins.  Reminds me of the tweet from the guy who raked in 5x returns and sold his 1700 BTC at $.30 and regretting that he had not held until $8 (twitter status, liinked below).   

Does anyone know who, or what pseudoname the person who got famous for buying a pizza for 10,000 BTC?  I wonder if that is gut wrenching for him looking back on that and wondering "what if" all the time?  I would love to look back at any threads based around that moment in Internet history.

Below is laszlo's pizza thread, and I thought I had seen something else by him on lightning.  It may have been on reddit since it appears that the most recent forum posts of his are from early 2014.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.msg1141#msg1141

Wow, nice find in a relatively quick amount of time... pretty cool to be able to read through all of that and snicker to yourself while being 8 years in the future.  Still, my heart goes out for that guy.  I really hope people like him don't do anything drastic or become too depressed over something like that.

qq555

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:15:41 AM

bitcoin is one of the world's juiciest prizes for hackers. there must be thousands or tens of thousands who've tried to break it, let alone governments and banks, and they all went away with their heads bowed.

this forum would not still exist if bitcoin had been cracked. if it is we'll sure as hell know about it.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1387

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:32:21 AM

Does anyone know who, or what pseudoname the person who got famous for buying a pizza for 10,000 BTC?  I wonder if that is gut wrenching for him looking back on that and wondering "what if" all the time?  I would love to look back at any threads based around that moment in Internet history.

Below is laszlo's pizza thread, and I thought I had seen something else by him on lightning. 

Wow, nice find in a relatively quick amount of time... pretty cool to be able to read through all of that and snicker to yourself while being 8 years in the future.  Still, my heart goes out for that guy.  I really hope people like him don't do anything drastic or become too depressed over something like that.

He has made statements that make him seem pretty sanguine about the whole deal. Back then it wasn't much money. He could have recouped for thirty bux or so, but I guess he didn't. Though he did give the entire concept of Bitcion as money a much needed kick.

I'm pretty sure he recently did (one of) the first uses of Lightning in actual commerce. By buying pizza. Whodathunkit?

Extra points for style.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
colvis

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:13:29 AM

well i did not only have the believe that bitcoin is going to stop in 10,000$ but i also have the believe that it is going to hit 40,000$ -60,000$ and up till then i will not sell off my bitcoin that i have reserved for years.. if that happens then i will execute my plan which is to build an academy where only blockchain and crypto will be taught in my country.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:17:12 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

People who are investing a huge amount of cryptocurrency today will really earn a huge amount of profit in the future because there are a lot of consumers who are also interested on bitcoins and they are running a mining hardware that is making the volume bitcoins in the market to increase even more.

aakriti

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:24:43 AM

I also believe in the Bitcoin and it will make us wealthy in future. I am regularly investing in Bitcoin with the hope that it will go to moon up to end of 2018. i hope Bitcoin will be $30000 at the end of 2018.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 1260
Merit: 578

PlayYourBet.com - 100% Deposit Bonus Up to €2000

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:46:30 AM

I also believe in the Bitcoin and it will make us wealthy in future. I am regularly investing in Bitcoin with the hope that it will go to moon up to end of 2018. i hope Bitcoin will be $30000 at the end of 2018.
The price of bitcoin will reach to that price but this year, 2018? I don't think that we will reach to that since the price is very low and we are in a strong bear market and this year can be just a bear market for bitcoin and the best thing to do right now is to just keep working hard and accumulate more bitcoin while it is cheap because in the future, it will go up again.

main320

Activity: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:49:54 AM

I think everybody that lives in a created nation with access to the web is a piece of a "world class" pack as of now as it were. We can get philosophical about this. However, I think the principle point is that anybody that can bear to purchase a couple of lattes at their nearby Starbucks can sign into free web there and purchase Bitcoin. It is genuinely available to anybody, paying little heed to how entitled the individual is. The subject obviously is what amount would they be able to purchase? They ought to have the capacity to purchase at any rate $5 worth in the event that they simply renounce one Frappuccino. Be that as it may, I do concur the open to "everybody" was overstated when thinking in worldwide terms.
josephpogi

Activity: 434
Merit: 168

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:09:19 AM

Agreed with you that we are one of the new wealthy community. Previously many people sold their btc when it hits $1000 mark in order to book the profit, in coming days if the btc prices are increased then people will again sell their btc but the people who are holding the bictoins will definitely became the wealthiest in the long run.
Skizzewizzie

Activity: 81

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:25:22 AM

A lot of people will become rich from investing in bitcoin and in other cryptocurrencies, it may take a while but it will happen regardless and with time.
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.