Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:29:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 631743 times)
hacking13

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:43:35 PM

Yes that could happen if people are patient and dedicated...... but most important for me if I can get to clear basic stuffs, fund my filmmaking projects and be able to live comfortably....
 I'm good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stunningpeggy

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:55:07 PM

Well some of the early enthusiasts are definitely a part of the wealthiest 1% of the world population but I wouldn't call myself such names even though I'm an active trader and that's what I do for living now. A lot of people would envy me for being able not to work in the office but I can't afford myself to just relax and do nothing - I have to actively trade to make profits so that basically excludes me from the "wealthy elite" I guess..
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:41:10 AM

Well some of the early enthusiasts are definitely a part of the wealthiest 1% of the world population but I wouldn't call myself such names even though I'm an active trader and that's what I do for living now. A lot of people would envy me for being able not to work in the office but I can't afford myself to just relax and do nothing - I have to actively trade to make profits so that basically excludes me from the "wealthy elite" I guess..

Not really. Next time you have a moment to spare, look at the truly wealthy and how they've lived. Sure, they got the toys, now, but they have just about all been very hard working, ambitious, and driven men. Bill Gates is 'retired' and doesn't have time to take vacations. Jeff Bezos has his hand in a zillion things. Larry Page continues to push the technology envelope... I could go on. The "idle rich" inherited it, don't know what to do with it, and will not pass it on. An heir should be worthy of their inheritance. Contrary to popular myth, most living rich throughout history earned it. Elite isn't a benchmark, it's a way of being.

Those of us actively making our own way are already elite. The wealth will come if our efforts persist.
ICOchamps
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 07:03:11 PM

Not really. Next time you have a moment to spare, look at the truly wealthy and how they've lived. Sure, they got the toys, now, but they have just about all been very hard working, ambitious, and driven men. Bill Gates is 'retired' and doesn't have time to take vacations. Jeff Bezos has his hand in a zillion things. Larry Page continues to push the technology envelope... I could go on. The "idle rich" inherited it, don't know what to do with it, and will not pass it on. An heir should be worthy of their inheritance. Contrary to popular myth, most living rich throughout history earned it. Elite isn't a benchmark, it's a way of being.

Those of us actively making our own way are already elite. The wealth will come if our efforts persist.

really wise and truthful words. Especially "Those of us actively making our own way are already elite."
nedeken01

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:53:10 PM

Based on my imagination we will see a huge boom then a bust, after that those who stick around will surely build the meaningful economy that will allow bitcoin or its successor to dominate the cryptomarket.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2018, 08:24:19 PM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

Now that's what I call a visionary  Grin hope you've kept most of your btc.

That post was made during the first big bitcoin price bubble (peak at USD 31,91), which popped three days later, then crashed down to 2 USD over the following months...

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
carter34

Activity: 1302
Merit: 25

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:31:40 PM

Based on my imagination we will see a huge boom then a bust, after that those who stick around will surely build the meaningful economy that will allow bitcoin or its successor to dominate the cryptomarket.

The possibilities are there and glaring. This year is going to be the continuation of the bull movement of altcoins started third quarter of last year by ethereum and litecoin. If investors hold their altcoin and don't do panic sells, the future is great.
jhean_arcane

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:32:38 PM

Well, this is a very bold thing to say. Not a party pooper here but it will not be that easy. The elite has an ocean of investments and hundreds of assets. If you only want to base your wealth in ctc, then you gotta expand your portfolio and perhaps create your own coin that will be equal with bitcoin.

█ ▌▐▐ KEPLER // BRINGING AI & ROBOTICS TO THE BLOCKCHAIN▐ ▌▐ █ (http://keplertek.org/#)
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:35:49 AM

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

That post was made during the first big bitcoin price bubble (peak at USD 31,91), which popped three days later, then crashed down to 2 USD over the following months...

The interesting question is how many of those early enthusiasts had then managed to hold their BTC when the price has collapsed back to 2$? I guess those who didn't must have had a few regrets afterwards...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:16:43 AM

I can attest to the veracity of your post. Had I been able to hold my BTC over the years, I'd be a wealthy man. I'm not.
The interesting question is how many of those early enthusiasts had then managed to hold their BTC when the price has collapsed back to 2$? I guess those who didn't must have had a few regrets afterwards...

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 28, 2018, 12:03:37 AM

I'm very, very lucky to be able to buy some bitcoin today. I think you're right. If less than 50 million will be made, the value per bitcoin will be ridiculous in the coming months'

A lot less. Exactly 21 million, ever.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 12:58:57 AM

I'm very, very lucky to be able to buy some bitcoin today. I think you're right. If less than 50 million will be made, the value per bitcoin will be ridiculous in the coming months'
It's not that simple. I don't believe anyone will get rich by buying bitcoin today, unless you have a big amount of money available to be spent. You''ll get more lucky with altcoins, some of them saw their price multiplied by 50 in a few months last year.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:23:19 AM

It's not that simple. I don't believe anyone will get rich by buying bitcoin today, unless you have a big amount of money available to be spent. You''ll get more lucky with altcoins, some of them saw their price multiplied by 50 in a few months last year.

Past performance of alts does not necessarily make them a better value than bitcoin.  You have to consider both upside and downside potential, and don't get caught up on superficial unit explanations or possible vaporware. 

In other words, if you are doing alts, either you better have good luck with your gamble or you better have some ability to figure out which once might be good short term investment risk possibilities.  Sure, in the past year, you could have made decent money with alts by throwing a dart at a bulletin board and picking your alt in that manner, but merely because that was the case last year does not mean that it is going to continue in such direction.. so you will likely need to be watchful, at minimum, with your alt coin choices.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ridgeview123

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:37:08 AM

Look at the time of the original post! This statement is proven to be true! Hope you hold your coins till now.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:38:36 AM

Past performance of alts does not necessarily make them a better value than bitcoin.  You have to consider both upside and downside potential, and don't get caught up on superficial unit explanations or possible vaporware. 

In other words, if you are doing alts, either you better have good luck with your gamble or you better have some ability to figure out which once might be good short term investment risk possibilities.  Sure, in the past year, you could have made decent money with alts by throwing a dart at a bulletin board and picking your alt in that manner, but merely because that was the case last year does not mean that it is going to continue in such direction.. so you will likely need to be watchful, at minimum, with your alt coin choices.
I cannot disagree with you, it is gamble, I can agree with that. And even the guy who bought ripple at price 1X, he is likely to sell it before it reaches 40X anyway. Same logic applies to bitcoin, this topic was started back in 2011, a few held their coins but a big majority sold for a 1000% profit or less (which is nice already but if you had $1000 on it it did not make you rich), but many of them would have became rich in the official definition of the term if they held until December 2017. Now I strongly doubt bitcoin price will overtake, let's say, 100k in the next 5 years. That's "only" 10 times the price it is now.
If you diversify enough in altcoins, you'll need luck but I believe the potential winnings will be greater in the middle term (1 year).

PS: I do hold bitcoin, still fifty percent of my portfolio.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 9981

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:40:17 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I cannot disagree with you, it is gamble, I can agree with that. And even the guy who bought ripple at price 1X, he is likely to sell it before it reaches 40X anyway. Same logic applies to bitcoin, this topic was started back in 2011, a few held their coins but a big majority sold for a 1000% profit or less (which is nice already but if you had $1000 on it it did not make you rich), but many of them would have became rich in the official definition of the term if they held until December 2017.

Well, I am not sure where to go with this exactly, because in some sense you are talking about past performance of bitcoin, and you seem to be trying to suggest that some of the other coins are likely undervalued because they are like bitcoin.

However, bitcoin is different from these other coins, and the symbiotic relationship between the various alt coins and bitcoin (and what affect that each has on the price of the other is not clearly knowable - even if you can have various theories).  I think that part of your presumption in conceptualizing some of the alt coins as undervalued because they could have a similar trajectory as bitcoin is faulty - but I do not disagree with any premise that there might be considerable potential for various alt coins to be pumped whether they are vaporwear or otherwise. 

I have no regret about not buying ripple, because we all know that it is a pump and dump scam; however, its pump and dump scam status had not removed it from the potential of making some folks rich beyond their beliefs (not just the ripple lab founders who should probably be in jail).  So, yeah, you can make a whole lot of money that you would likely not be able to make in bitcoin if you can figure out in and out and maybe even running the roulette table a bit, if you are so risk tolerant.

By the way, you could be empirically correct that there were a decent percentage of folks in bitcoin that cashed out too early, but there are also ways that you could play the bitcoin market that is not a pure hold philosophy and profit beyond your wildest beliefs, and I believe that I am an example of that because I have created and followed a system that attempts to prepare for both upside and downside, and I am completely happy without feeling any kind of need to play alt-coin roulette with my strategy.

Now I strongly doubt bitcoin price will overtake, let's say, 100k in the next 5 years. That's "only" 10 times the price it is now.

Who cares?  You don't need those kinds of profits to have a very sound investment, and even if the odds are less than 10% that bitcoin will reach $100k in the next 5 years, that is a pretty decent long term investment.  Yeah, each of us are going to come to differing numbers and have differing time lines and have differing strategies, but if any investment has a 10%-ish chance of doing a 8x increase in the next 5 years, that seem to be a very good investment that you can build your own reasonable and prudent investment strategy around, whether that is dollar cost averaging, buying on dips, or some other reasonable and self-tailored variation.

If you diversify enough in altcoins, you'll need luck but I believe the potential winnings will be greater in the middle term (1 year).

Diversify into alt coins seems to be overrated, and risky.  Sure there are concepts in the real world about the benefits of diversification, but investing in crypto is already outside of mainstream, so if you get too diversified into too many risky assets (such as overly focusing on alts), you are likely engaging in gambling rather than investing... so yeah, if you want to gamble that is one thing but if you prefer to invest (which is what I think is more prudent), then that is another thing (even though are related and sometimes can get mixed up when folks try to focus too much on attempting to get rich quick rather than being more measured in their approach).

PS: I do hold bitcoin, still fifty percent of my portfolio.

Great.  At least you have maintained a decent bitcoin holdings.  There are quite a few alt coin advocates who carry no bitcoin or only a very small portion of bitcoin.  Currently, I am about 98% bitcoin; however, I would not frown on higher levels of risk such as 10% or even 20%, but your going 50% is a bit of a different seemingly risk seeking mindset from my own.  But hey, to each their own, especially when it comes to allocation and gambling considerations.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 03:00:52 AM

I cannot disagree to you. In order to exchange dollars for Bitcoin you need to have a license and follow AML/KYC laws. One of the great Bitcoin pioneers, Charlie Shrem, is going to jail because he did it but he was a big fish. You are a baby minnow. They won't do anything unless you rub their nose in it or they want you for something else and that's just a charge they tack on (don't smoke a joint in a police station go to the park around the corner).
LoverlyRomeos

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:00:45 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 05:37:32 AM by LoverlyRomeos

We cannot proceed with the Assumptions and imaginations in the market we require huge patience to hold and live strong in the economy which drive for a better profits, if we start working with assumptions that turns a huge impact for all the investments we made in the real time.
ConnectionSuccesful

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:14:38 AM

Don't forget that marketplace is driven by standard instruments, even elites collapse.
Check chart linked below to find out why BTC could drop in value.
All for all, I like picking up coins from bargain bottom.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/pgASq3be-Clear-view-on-BTC-vol-SHORT/
BitNinja2017

Activity: 67

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:18:02 AM

Its funny when i read this quote and Bitcoin was selling from $10-20 dollars.

Yes you're right. You truly are the global elite now... and very wealthy because of buying Bitcoin back then. Sigh i wish i had bought some
Pages: « 1 ... 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 [205] 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 »
  Print  

Jump to: