Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2017, 02:36:30 PM *
News: BIP91 seems stable: there's probably only slightly increased risk of confirmations disappearing. You should still prepare for Aug 1.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I am pretty confident we are the new wealthy elite, gentlemen.  (Read 579236 times)
bitbunnny
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:27:14 AM

Early adopters can definetely say that, those whk had kept the coins are part of wealthy elite now. I'm not sure for the rest of us, now it's much harder to accumulate larger amount of Bitcoins unless you are performing some illegal activities. Maybe if price goes crazy up and then just a few Bitcoins would be enough to get rich.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]

[/quote]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Decentralized search
Search for products or services and get paid for it
Join pre-ICO
25 July. 50% discount
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wandering Soul~

Activity: 392

L A Y L O W

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:26:33 AM

This was posted on 2011 so fast forward right now in 2016, OPs guess is pretty accurate . If some of them really keep their bitcoins up until now then they are probably get huge profits from it . As for us who just started, There is no guarantee that we wil get lots of profits for the upcoming years but the chances that it will happen is high that's why I will hold my bitcoins .

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
Xester

Activity: 532

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 12:59:16 PM

This was posted on 2011 so fast forward right now in 2016, OPs guess is pretty accurate . If some of them really keep their bitcoins up until now then they are probably get huge profits from it . As for us who just started, There is no guarantee that we wil get lots of profits for the upcoming years but the chances that it will happen is high that's why I will hold my bitcoins .

I believe that some of them are already millionaires and some of them arent. I guess I am out of their league of elites since I only have 0.06 btc on my wallet. My only chance to be part of their group is when bitcoin reaches 100,000,000 $ each in the market. If that price is the price now then I am a millionaire already. But that is possible maybe 10 years from now so I will hold more satoshis so when the time it reaches that price then thats the time I will spend them.

Pursuer

Activity: 840

See you in Drangleic Castle bring my Ring of Blade

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 01:36:11 PM

Anonymous (Atlas?) was a visionary back in 2011 and this topic is one of my all time favorite topics on bitcointalk. and we are now seeing that bitcoin has been true to those who believed in it and bought and held bitcoin.

also it was very interesting to me when I was reading the first couple of pages just now that people seemed to be more positive back then, or it think it is better that I say there were less idiots with agendas against bitcoin to spread FUD back then.

JasonXG

Activity: 588

Betcoin.ag

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:36:48 PM

Haha !! This thread was posted 2011 I hope those guys all listened because they would habe made 20x their money. Its crazy to think. It probably still true now. I think bitcoin will only go up and not Eben the sky is the limit ! Its not too late !! Just dont spend all your bitcoins at once Wink You might need them for later when the price sky rockets.

Sithara007

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:42:38 PM

As for us who just started, There is no guarantee that we wil get lots of profits for the upcoming years but the chances that it will happen is high that's why I will hold my bitcoins .

Well, experts say that the bubbles happens only once. Remember the dot com boom of the late 90s? Those who invested in stocks such as Dell, Microsoft and Cisco got as much as 200X and 300X profits. That was almost two decades back. The stocks are still there, but they are no longer giving those sort of returns.

tondiego

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:06:54 PM

1. Considering current BTC adoption worldwide, which is around 0.001% of all population. All people dealing with BTC nowadays are early adopters. Even with the "price" of $1000 per 1BTC.
2. If BTC is going to be global currency, some simple math:

- approx. amount of all FIAT money in the world = $75 000 000 000 000
- max available amount of all BTC = 21 000 000
- potential highest value of BTC, if it replaces FIAT (never to happen) = $75 000 000 000 000 / 21 000 000 = $3 571 428 per 1BTC

Actually that number is irrelevant. With wider adoption BTC won't be usable unit for regular people, it will be mBTC, later on μBTC, later on nBTC, later on pBTC.

So yes, if Bitcoin is here to stay, all early adopters (including those buying today) are the new wealthy elite.
rickadone

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 06:29:32 PM

Good time to dig this old beauty out. Stay calm though gentlemen, we've all made significant money HODLING over the past few years but let's wait until we obliterate the ATH. I'm talking multiple thousands of dollars per bitcoin before we get too excited.

We need strong hands, do not sell everything yet.
We can never know if that will be the case a few years later, we cannot hold the bitcoin that much, the price of the bitcoin now the best opportunity that we have , if we hold any longer the price might go down and it will take another 10 years for it to get back the way it is now, but this is from my own personal vision.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 1722

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:12:42 PM

Well, experts say that the bubbles happens only once.

You are obviously putting excessive trust in the wrong 'experts'. Bitcoin has _already_ experienced several bubbles. You can't meaningfully apply lessons learned from the stock market to Bitcoin - cryptocurrencies are an entirely new asset class. Their existence -- and consequently their behaviors -- are entirely without precedent.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.
trigger1975

Activity: 168

https://1bit.co/XyYqu6u

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 10:24:53 PM

Well, experts say that the bubbles happens only once. Remember the dot com boom of the late 90s? Those who invested in stocks such as Dell, Microsoft and Cisco got as much as 200X and 300X profits. That was almost two decades back. The stocks are still there, but they are no longer giving those sort of returns.

If you refer to single stocks then you or these experts might be right.  But overall they are provably wrong.  It might be that there is no second .com bubble coming -- maybe, future will tell.  But this was not the first new economy bubble.  With every new revolutionary technology, there was a bubble, e. g. the railway bubble 1873.  Or how about the mortgage and real estate bubble in Japan end 80s?  Almost the same happened again 2008 in US and later in Spain.  Probably again in other countries due to extremely low interest rates since years.

And Bitcoin is completely different than the old fashined stock markets.  We've already had several bubbles in Bitcoin.

//alex
P_Shep
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 10:35:45 PM

Anonymous (Atlas?) was a visionary back in 2011 and this topic is one of my all time favorite topics on bitcointalk. and we are now seeing that bitcoin has been true to those who believed in it and bought and held bitcoin.

also it was very interesting to me when I was reading the first couple of pages just now that people seemed to be more positive back then, or it think it is better that I say there were less idiots with agendas against bitcoin to spread FUD back then.
Ha ha! Visionary!

He was a nut case.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 1232

Put BTC here: 1GSwznUNG4co5rS3ctmRgtYGcWiHAnwAyj

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:26:17 AM

As for us who just started, There is no guarantee that we wil get lots of profits for the upcoming years but the chances that it will happen is high that's why I will hold my bitcoins .

You should already realize by now that bitcoin is a bit of a different animal.  Of course there are some comparison points, but your analogy to tech bubbles (and supposed experts) seems a bit self-serving and skewed in some kind of misplaced analogy sense to suggest that there is not going to be another bitcoin bubble (preposterous)

Well, experts say that the bubbles happens only once.

You are obviously putting excessive trust in the wrong 'experts'. Bitcoin has _already_ experienced several bubbles. You can't meaningfully apply lessons learned from the stock market to Bitcoin - cryptocurrencies are an entirely new asset class. Their existence -- and consequently their behaviors -- are entirely without precedent.

Hahahahahahaha

My comment was too late.  I was already beat to the subject... and with a more elegant answer....  Cheesy    Wink

nara1892

Activity: 700

Every soul will taste death

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 07:49:49 AM

Haha !! This thread was posted 2011 I hope those guys all listened because they would habe made 20x their money. Its crazy to think. It probably still true now. I think bitcoin will only go up and not Eben the sky is the limit ! Its not too late !! Just dont spend all your bitcoins at once Wink You might need them for later when the price sky rockets.

OP's prediction is right, but it still does not hit $10,000. probably it can be true in the next years, just keep watching.

those who keep holding their bitcoin from 5 years ago, even 3 or 2 years ago can be rich know because the price is high enough now.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:51:48 AM

http://astrohacker.com/ahc/bitcoin-is-the-economic-singularity/

After reading this, the scale of black market and digital economies and the effect Bitcoin will have on them I am pretty certain we are going to be very wealthy men -- even with a sum as small as 10 Bitcoins. It's just so hard to believe. We are only in the beginning storms with these significant rallies from 10 to 20 dollars. I will not be surprised to see prices from hundreds to thousands in the coming months.

The world just isn't going to be the same and we have been blessed as the pioneers.

What are you going to do with your Bitcoin wealth once your coins hit upwards of $10,000 a pop?

always great to dig this thread up.

While it still "is just so hard to believe", the sentiment remains and we are now much further down the track with a lot of history behind us.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 05:25:56 PM

OP's prediction is right, but it still does not hit $10,000. probably it can be true in the next years, just keep watching.

those who keep holding their bitcoin from 5 years ago, even 3 or 2 years ago can be rich know because the price is high enough now.

OP is long gone now... I wonder what was his actual nickname. For some reason his account was deleted. I remember hearing the story about it a long time ago and it was interesting... pretty much an story of going from rach to riches then disappearing.  I think he did the right thing, considering that back in the day the community was very small and it would have been easier to track his money. If he was a very early adoptor he must have tons of money by now, a millionaire for sure. I dont have that problem since im poor, but if I was rich I would have done the same.

jak3

Activity: 616

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

i dont know about the elite but yes we are the fastest learner from the knowledge side. It was a huge concept when bitcoin camein front of people's eyes and lot of i must say like 60-65 percent users didnt cared about it but only we are the one who understanded its true potentiality.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1103

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:41:13 PM

OP is long gone now... I wonder what was his actual nickname. For some reason his account was deleted. I remember hearing the story about it a long time ago and it was interesting... pretty much an story of going from rach to riches then disappearing.  I think he did the right thing, considering that back in the day the community was very small and it would have been easier to track his money. If he was a very early adoptor he must have tons of money by now, a millionaire for sure. I dont have that problem since im poor, but if I was rich I would have done the same.

You can still see his real name in the quotes on the first page:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=12156.msg169765#msg169765

It was Atlas, he was quite a character... those were the days ;-)
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 09:56:34 PM

they were... days, at any rate. (not that i was around...)
dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1218

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2017, 10:01:23 PM

Atlas was such a character. I remember talking to him a bit.

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
January 02, 2017, 10:02:38 PM

Yup. I miss 2011/12, despite all the scams and crazy looks I'd get from respectable people when I mentioned bitcoin to them. Smiley

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
But Bitcointalk & /r/bitcoin are heavily censored. bitco.in/forum, forum.bitcoin.com, and /r/btc are open.
Best info on Casascius coins: http://spotcoins.com/casascius
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.