Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:37:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:23:55 PM

SuperNET's IOTA donation
how many percent should SuperNET donate to IOTA foundation

https://nxtportal.org/polls/6760910214030529023

100   Cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
d-trix

Activity: 459
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:58:08 PM

SuperNET's IOTA donation

A certain percentage equivalent to the remaining amount required to reached the foundation goal.
twistelaar
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 23, 2016, 11:59:41 PM

They should at least make an deal with SATOSHIFUND, they are willing to pay a large amount of IOTA and add value to the ecosystem.

lovely89

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:55:11 AM

SuperNET's IOTA donation

A certain percentage equivalent to the remaining amount required to reached the foundation goal.

Who is hosting this poll? James? Why are there no links to what iota is or what the donation is?

Bitrated user: vanlovely.
kennyP

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 03:37:39 AM

The mind is a tricky thing - every human can measure the same data and come up with different conclusions..  If you've watched JL777 over the years, you will see that he/she Huh generally tightens up with negative pressure..  JL777 probably decided that he could contribute via adding to IOTA tech, vs directly donating, and he did invest a lot to show SuperNET support..  But, like one previous comment, types of contributions are NOT mutually exclusive, and both is an option..  But, the negative pressure can easily be seen as either a form of blackmail or as fair pressure, depending on conditioning, and this reflects negatively on both IOTA and SuperNET..  JL777 does have a history of himself NOT asking for contributions, only requesting investors, so it makes sense he does not support this method.  So, I ask all sides to look at the details as NOT that anyone is being unreasonable or scamming, but that given the same set of facts each decided on different approaches of support..  Maybe there can be a cross contribution, JL777 can add IOTA support to his Iguana tech that is getting very close to working now and IOTA can support Iguana Tech..  And... Maybe both groups can purchase and/or donate each others Asset/Coins..

It doesn't have to be a struggle, it can be fun..  It doesn't have to be direct competition, it can be coopetition where all parties support each other while also making their tech the best, than when the time comes, they integrate, making their tech multiply (not additive)..

Just my two cents...

BTW: Yes, years ago I stopped using my Bitcointalk account, since I was not a fan of the trolling..  I created a new account today, just for this single comment..

Crypto followers tend to be libertarians by nature. I remember watching an interview with a billionaire once (can't remember his name), and he said his strategy for making a 'contribution' was to avoid & evade as much tax as possible, then donate upwards of 50% of his income to things he approved of. It meant his minions would waste an awful amount of resources structuring things so he didn't pay tax (i.e. panama papers type antics), then he'd do something like donate 200M USD to a university every so often. From the outside it looks ridiculous (why not just pay your 'fair' share of tax), but to most libertarians it makes sense, especially to non-Europeans who aren't as familiar living in a society with a welfare state.

I understand David's 'need' to fund the foundation with a minimum of 5%, but I also think James is like the billionaire who really doesn't like being pressured into 'giving', and would naturally prefer to choose his own manner of contribution. There's some cultural differences here - I live under a welfare state and accept that I'm 'forced' to contribute to make things 'work', but not everybody in crypto has lived this way. David obviously has, maybe James hasn't.

Tip: try and imagine being the other guy, then think of what he might 'need' to move forward
boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 05:23:57 AM

Common guys, we really need this 11 terra iotas!
There will be no big deal without foundation!

Just 1 terra iota per 1 whale  Roll Eyes
Is it really so hurd ?

Who is in game?

looks like foundation will get up but not big deal, is that workable for David, CfB, Dominik etc
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 09:26:45 AM

The mind is a tricky thing - every human can measure the same data and come up with different conclusions..  If you've watched JL777 over the years, you will see that he/she Huh generally tightens up with negative pressure..  JL777 probably decided that he could contribute via adding to IOTA tech, vs directly donating, and he did invest a lot to show SuperNET support..  But, like one previous comment, types of contributions are NOT mutually exclusive, and both is an option..  But, the negative pressure can easily be seen as either a form of blackmail or as fair pressure, depending on conditioning, and this reflects negatively on both IOTA and SuperNET..  JL777 does have a history of himself NOT asking for contributions, only requesting investors, so it makes sense he does not support this method.  So, I ask all sides to look at the details as NOT that anyone is being unreasonable or scamming, but that given the same set of facts each decided on different approaches of support..  Maybe there can be a cross contribution, JL777 can add IOTA support to his Iguana tech that is getting very close to working now and IOTA can support Iguana Tech..  And... Maybe both groups can purchase and/or donate each others Asset/Coins..

It doesn't have to be a struggle, it can be fun..  It doesn't have to be direct competition, it can be coopetition where all parties support each other while also making their tech the best, than when the time comes, they integrate, making their tech multiply (not additive)..

Just my two cents...

BTW: Yes, years ago I stopped using my Bitcointalk account, since I was not a fan of the trolling..  I created a new account today, just for this single comment..

Crypto followers tend to be libertarians by nature. I remember watching an interview with a billionaire once (can't remember his name), and he said his strategy for making a 'contribution' was to avoid & evade as much tax as possible, then donate upwards of 50% of his income to things he approved of. It meant his minions would waste an awful amount of resources structuring things so he didn't pay tax (i.e. panama papers type antics), then he'd do something like donate 200M USD to a university every so often. From the outside it looks ridiculous (why not just pay your 'fair' share of tax), but to most libertarians it makes sense, especially to non-Europeans who aren't as familiar living in a society with a welfare state.

I understand David's 'need' to fund the foundation with a minimum of 5%, but I also think James is like the billionaire who really doesn't like being pressured into 'giving', and would naturally prefer to choose his own manner of contribution. There's some cultural differences here - I live under a welfare state and accept that I'm 'forced' to contribute to make things 'work', but not everybody in crypto has lived this way. David obviously has, maybe James hasn't.

Tip: try and imagine being the other guy, then think of what he might 'need' to move forward

Need to be emphasized: I never ever tried to pressure Jl777 into anything, the only reason I got into an argument with him was that he was provably misleading people when THEY got pissed at him for opting out of donations.

VanBreuk

Activity: 460

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 10:15:41 AM

Need to be emphasized: I never ever tried to pressure Jl777 into anything, the only reason I got into an argument with him was that he was provably misleading people when THEY got pissed at him for opting out of donations.

I don't think you pressed actively into anything, but refusing to bridge one simple channel from IOTA Slack to SuperNET Slack was imo a bad move. If it was a calculated move, it backfired. You have said that SuperNET/jl777 haven't showed interest for IOTA in the last months. Well, they invested a large amount, and when they asked to link a communication channel (which happened with every other project related to SuperNET, even in cases due to investment only) you said no, let me know what do you plan to do for IOTA and then maybe we can have a communication channel. To which james replies that having a slack channel open would facilitate for him catching up and developing plans, and then we have there an awkward endless loop.

When I heard IOTA Foundation (or proto-Foundation) refused to link a slack channel, I honestly thought it was because you guys were afraid of having one channel spammed or some troll coming from the open SN Slack policy. It NEVER occurred to me that you were denying the request as a bargaining mesure. It might not be pressure per se, but I think that was a mistake, and mistakes lead to further mistakes.

Just my 2c, I did donate 10% from my account so I suppose that gives me the right to disagree.

iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 11:07:09 AM

I don't think you pressed actively into anything, but refusing to bridge one simple channel from IOTA Slack to SuperNET Slack was imo a bad move. If it was a calculated move, it backfired. You have said that SuperNET/jl777 haven't showed interest for IOTA in the last months. Well, they invested a large amount, and when they asked to link a communication channel (which happened with every other project related to SuperNET, even in cases due to investment only) you said no, let me know what do you plan to do for IOTA and then maybe we can have a communication channel. To which james replies that having a slack channel open would facilitate for him catching up and developing plans, and then we have there an awkward endless loop.

When I heard IOTA Foundation (or proto-Foundation) refused to link a slack channel, I honestly thought it was because you guys were afraid of having one channel spammed or some troll coming from the open SN Slack policy. It NEVER occurred to me that you were denying the request as a bargaining mesure. It might not be pressure per se, but I think that was a mistake, and mistakes lead to further mistakes.

Just my 2c, I did donate 10% from my account so I suppose that gives me the right to disagree.

Again this is so insane that I am at a loss of words. James can confirm (if he got any honor whatsoever) that I never ever attempted to pressure him into anything. As soon as he said "no" to the question that EVERYONE manually claiming receives about whether or not he wanted to donate, I didn't even bring it up again. It was randomly yesterday that his OWN community asked him why he didn't donate, they wanted him to donate, so he panicked and shifted the blame over to us, even though he has NEVER EVER even remotely alluded to the potential hypothetical scenario where he would even donate. This is him being a pussy. Instead of owning up to his own mistake of not even consulting his community, he couldn't handle the pressure and immediately put it over to us, so we of course had to respond.

The question re: linking the slacks was not even peripherally related to the foundation at all? Where do you guys make these assumptions? I asked James numerous times: "Do you have any project in SuperNET working on IOTA?" etc. because I wanted to see if we could assist it in any way. He said "no" each time. Then he wanted to bridge the Slacks and I simply told him we'd look into it once they actually had a project, because we are not in the business of randomly linking projects that are not even working on IOTA to IOTA's Slack. Why would we? In what universe does this make sense? We won't setup a channel all for James alone just because he's too lazy to outsource the IOTA section of his failed conglomerate to someone that actually got the time to pay attention. Just because this is the way SuperNET is ran (i.e. random linking of projects) it is not how IOTA is ran. I consider SuperNET to be the epitome of what NOT to do.

Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 01:51:44 PM

today is the last day of foundation donations?
coldmoldy

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2016, 02:36:07 PM

I donated 1.2 Ti through David in a manual claim. Has my donation been counted? I never got confirmation and I don't want to put it in the Google doc if it has already been counted.
boomboom

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:00:32 AM

Is there a way to check address balances using API, while we wait for a tangle explorer?
shapeshiftscam

Activity: 609

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:11:31 AM

Today we will be on exchanges right? Just wanna get confirmation. Prepare my btc to buy this.
kennyP

Activity: 544

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 12:52:15 AM

Today we will be on exchanges right? Just wanna get confirmation. Prepare my btc to buy this.

I think exchanges are not happening today, tangle needs a lot more nodes to function with reliability
MadCow

Activity: 655

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:54:31 AM

what time is the foundation funding deadline?
bubbletea789

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:40:57 AM

and with the supernet poll resulted in a yes. when will the donation come in?

and the 6T + donation from big iotabig?
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:06:05 AM

Is there a way to check address balances using API, while we wait for a tangle explorer?

https://iota.readme.io/docs/findtransactions
tolstoy

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:11:20 AM

The foundation is very important. We are very close to having it funded.
Maybe some of the escrow/non-escrow buyers have not had the oppportunity to donate yet.
Let's have more time so people can get their clients up running and donate.
The exchanges can wait.

boomboom

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:15:36 AM

Thanks! Documentation example looks like we put a URL like below in our browser, what would be an example of the URL with correct syntax? (I'm non-programmer)

http://localhost:14265 \
  -X POST \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -d '{"command": "findTransactions", "addresses": ["RVORZ9SIIP9RCYMREUIXXVPQIPHVCNPQ9HZWYKFWYWZRE9JQKG9REPKIASHUUECPSQO9JT9XNMVKWYG VAZETAIRPTM"]}'
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:57:07 AM

Thanks! Documentation example looks like we put a URL like below in our browser, what would be an example of the URL with correct syntax? (I'm non-programmer)

http://localhost:14265 \
  -X POST \
  -H 'Content-Type: application/json' \
  -d '{"command": "findTransactions", "addresses": ["RVORZ9SIIP9RCYMREUIXXVPQIPHVCNPQ9HZWYKFWYWZRE9JQKG9REPKIASHUUECPSQO9JT9XNMVKWYG VAZETAIRPTM"]}'

If you're using the Windows installer, go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Programs\IOTA Wallet\resources\IRI

open console.html while the IOTA application is running.

type for example:

Code:
{"command": "findTransactions", "addresses": ["RVORZ9SIIP9RCYMREUIXXVPQIPHVCNPQ9HZWYKFWYWZRE9JQKG9REPKIASHUUECPSQO9JT9XNMVKWYGVAZETAIRPTM"]}

to get a list of transaction hashes which have the specified address as an input/output field. For each one of them, you can do:

Code:
{"command": "getBundle", "tail": "DLYEWUXHXFRUWOCJYKCFUDQXLEQKLTGMQDNV9BYGMWHJPKDEXGJWJLHHOCQKPQRMDEMOJJGLFLLZD9999"}

To get the list of transactions which were bundled with the specified transaction. This call returns the full value of all individual transactions.
If someone knows an easier way please let us know.

Pages: « 1 ... 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 [282] 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: