Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:16:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2019, 07:16:35 AM

Hellooooooo all.

Treefrog brought to my attention that some of the guys on Discord had noticed that discovermoin.com was down and that the bootstrap files weren't available on Github.
Hosting had expired, fixed now. Checked the bootstrap upload script and it seemed to work fine today. Maybe it was an issue with transfer.sh. Will check again in a few days.
For anything critical send me a PM on Riot.

Otherwise still studying. Asymptotic notation and algorithms in general. Juicy stuff.
I know the price is down, but it doesn't mean much when there's no real volume. You could push the price +%1000 with 2 or 3 Bitcoins. The way I see it, the more skills, knowledge and experience the core team acquires, the brighter the future of the project. So in that sense, things are going fine. I'm in this for the long-haul.  Smiley

Good to see you mate and good to see you were quick to fix the hosting issue as it shows us that you are still around working behind the scenes even though from the outside it does look like there isn't much going on with MOIN. I'm also in for the long-haul, I ain't going anywhere as this has been one of my favourite projects since I got into crypto.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2019, 01:13:27 PM

Great hearing from you. Maybe throw around some new ideas here that come to you while studying. Cheers

Thanks Ferdo, I'll try and do that.

Good to see you mate and good to see you were quick to fix the hosting issue as it shows us that you are still around working behind the scenes even though from the outside it does look like there isn't much going on with MOIN. I'm also in for the long-haul, I ain't going anywhere as this has been one of my favourite projects since I got into crypto.

Hey vella. I know things are quiet at the moment, but it means a lot to see you guys are still with us. I appreciate the posts.

Some news: both Coinexchange.io and NovaExchange have announced they're shutting down.

https://www.coinexchange.io/news/post/85/
https://novaexchange.com/news/

You have up to 1st December to withdraw from Coinexchange, but only up to 28th October until Nova start charging "custody fees" in Bitcoin.

So that leaves us with Livecoin.net while we await that Binance listing. Wink  We should probably try to get MOIN listed on at least one other exchange for the time-being, at least until we emerge from hibernation-mode. What do you guys think?

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
22h

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2019, 10:46:15 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 06:54:53 PM by 22h

Great hearing from you. Maybe throw around some new ideas here that come to you while studying. Cheers

Hey vella. I know things are quiet at the moment, but it means a lot to see you guys are still with us. I appreciate the posts.

Some news: both Coinexchange.io and NovaExchange have announced they're shutting down.

You have up to 1st December to withdraw from Coinexchange, but only up to 28th October until Nova start charging "custody fees" in Bitcoin.

So that leaves us with Livecoin.net while we await that Binance listing. Wink  We should probably try to get MOIN listed on at least one other exchange for the time-being, at least until we emerge from hibernation-mode. What do you guys think?

I agree, more exchanges. Also, it might just be an issue on my end, but can you check the bootstrap.dat on transfer.sh? I just get 404s everytime I try to download Sad.
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2019, 10:51:35 PM

So that leaves us with Livecoin.net while we await that Binance listing. Wink  We should probably try to get MOIN listed on at least one other exchange for the time-being, at least until we emerge from hibernation-mode. What do you guys think?

Hello mate,

Well actually MOIN is listed on another exchange that hardly no one knows about lol. MOIN is actually listed on BTCPop which has an exchange as well as a staking pool for anyone wanting to stake MOIN who doesn't own a lot. This site has been around for years now and it has a good reputation so members can start using this site if they like.

https://btcpop.co/Exchange/MOIN

I do however think its best to try and get MOIN listed on another exchange, take a look at Unnamed exchange as they have many old PoS coins listed on there and I believe the fee is very small for a listing. I hope this helps mate.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
pwnsauce

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 06:49:04 PM

Hellooooooo all.

Treefrog brought to my attention that some of the guys on Discord had noticed that discovermoin.com was down and that the bootstrap files weren't available on Github.
Hosting had expired, fixed now. Checked the bootstrap upload script and it seemed to work fine today. Maybe it was an issue with transfer.sh. Will check again in a few days.

Otherwise still studying. Asymptotic notation and algorithms in general. Juicy stuff.
I know the price is down, but it doesn't mean much when there's no real volume. You could push the price +%1000 with 2 or 3 Bitcoins. The way I see it, the more skills, knowledge and experience the core team acquires, the brighter the future of the project. So in that sense, things are going fine. I'm in this for the long-haul.  Smiley

Glad to hear that you are still with us!

Long time MOIN holder and staker here and a node/masternode operator on more than a dozen networks.

I'm proud to be a contributor to MOIN network stability, further more I am beginning what will likely be year or more of study into programming in the crypto space.

I'm still a bit green as I work to learn blockchain programming, from scratch, as I have not previously learned to code.

This said, as I develop my skills, I would be interested in developing for the MOIN blockchain, and am curious what direction you are leaning with it moving forward so I might direct my study in a similar way (ie are you planning to support a full turing language (the way eth and eos do) in the next incarnation of MOIN or will it support stack based programming only like BTC?

vella85

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2019, 11:09:08 PM

Hellooooooo all.

Long time MOIN holder and staker here and a node/masternode operator on more than a dozen networks.

I'm proud to be a contributor to MOIN network stability, further more I am beginning what will likely be year or more of study into programming in the crypto space.

I'm still a bit green as I work to learn blockchain programming, from scratch, as I have not previously learned to code.

This said, as I develop my skills, I would be interested in developing for the MOIN blockchain, and am curious what direction you are leaning with it moving forward so I might direct my study in a similar way (ie are you planning to support a full turing language (the way eth and eos do) in the next incarnation of MOIN or will it support stack based programming only like BTC?

Its good to see that there is still long term holders here as MOIN is a good coin to stake so hopefully we'll see it shine in the long term. It would be good to see more people join the team and help out where they can. I wish I could do more but coding and developing isn't my thing lol.

pwnsauce

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2019, 02:24:07 PM
Merited by KingCaper (1)

Hellooooooo all.

Its good to see that there is still long term holders here as MOIN is a good coin to stake so hopefully we'll see it shine in the long term. It would be good to see more people join the team and help out where they can. I wish I could do more but coding and developing isn't my thing lol.

Don't sell yourself short!  You might not be a coder today...but what the crypto space needs is more builders! There are some great courses out there and even free youtube videos to learn some programming basics.  It is hard work, which isn't for everyone...however it will be the builders that bring crypto to the masses, and the builders will reap the most rewards in the process.  Evidence to this point: "Every single billionaire in the crypto space is a builder." -@IVANONTECH

vella85

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2019, 11:09:55 PM

Hellooooooo all.

Don't sell yourself short!  You might not be a coder today...but what the crypto space needs is more builders! There are some great courses out there and even free youtube videos to learn some programming basics.  It is hard work, which isn't for everyone...however it will be the builders that bring crypto to the masses, and the builders will reap the most rewards in the process.  Evidence to this point: "Every single billionaire in the crypto space is a builder." -@IVANONTECH

Thank you my friend, I'll take a look at this and see if its something I could do. But for now I'll continue to support MOIN as it has been very good to me when it comes to staking. I still think that its one of the best staking coins out there even though the price is low but MOIN stakes like a charm every day and the wallet is flawless which it has been for years now.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2019, 06:15:42 PM

I agree, more exchanges. Also, it might just be an issue on my end, but can you check the bootstrap.dat on transfer.sh? I just get 404s everytime I try to download Sad.

Thanks, the script has been misbehaving when run as a cronjob. The most recent links should be valid if you still need the bootstrap file.

Appreciate you helping keep the network healthy pwnsauce, and I'm happy to hear you'd like to help out on the programming side in the future. Nothing's decided yet, but I think it's essential we at least have the option for parties to create and issue tokens. It seems like one use of the technology for which there's been genuine demand. This obviously doesn't require a Turing complete scripting language, but if it's not, it'll certainly be more sophisticated than Bitcoin's. Very best of luck with the studies and let us know how you're doing. As soon as any final decisions are made about the architecture of the new MOIN, I'll post details here.

Don't sell yourself short!  You might not be a coder today...but what the crypto space needs is more builders! There are some great courses out there and even free youtube videos to learn some programming basics.  It is hard work, which isn't for everyone...however it will be the builders that bring crypto to the masses, and the builders will reap the most rewards in the process.  Evidence to this point: "Every single billionaire in the crypto space is a builder." -@IVANONTECH

I couldn't agree more with this. Fortunately, there are a few people around the project who have similar attitudes and who, like you, have been pushing themselves to learn more and develop new skills. If we continue on this path and everyone has the time and desire to contribute in the future, I think together we'll build something special.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 10:31:22 AM

Hello mate,

Well actually MOIN is listed on another exchange that hardly no one knows about lol. MOIN is actually listed on BTCPop which has an exchange as well as a staking pool for anyone wanting to stake MOIN who doesn't own a lot. This site has been around for years now and it has a good reputation so members can start using this site if they like.

I do however think its best to try and get MOIN listed on another exchange, take a look at Unnamed exchange as they have many old PoS coins listed on there and I believe the fee is very small for a listing. I hope this helps mate.

Thanks vella, I'd no idea about BTCPop. I responded to an email from WhiteBit offering a listing, but they're asking for 2 BTC. Unnamed are looking for 0.04 (20% discount for CoinExchange/Nova coins for the next 2 or 3 days). I don't know how everyone feels about the exchange or whether or not it would be worth having a whip-round to cover the listing fee.

As regards the bootstrap files, it seems we're not the only ones experiencing problems uploading to transfer.sh at the moment. Storj.io have taken over hosting and I've no idea how responsive they are to bug reports, so I've uploaded a recent bootstrap.dat to the website as a backup: https://discovermoin.com/bootstrap/

vella85

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2019, 09:19:52 PM

Hello mate,

Thanks vella, I'd no idea about BTCPop. I responded to an email from WhiteBit offering a listing, but they're asking for 2 BTC. Unnamed are looking for 0.04 (20% discount for CoinExchange/Nova coins for the next 2 or 3 days). I don't know how everyone feels about the exchange or whether or not it would be worth having a whip-round to cover the listing fee.

As regards the bootstrap files, it seems we're not the only ones experiencing problems uploading to transfer.sh at the moment. Storj.io have taken over hosting and I've no idea how responsive they are to bug reports, so I've uploaded a recent bootstrap.dat to the website as a backup: https://discovermoin.com/bootstrap/

2 BTC is a lot my friend for a listing, I don't know WhiteBit so I can't say if its good or not. Unnamed exchange I have been using since it launched and its very similar to Cryptopia and runs smoothly so that is an option and maybe you could get the fee reduced a little more if you ask nicely.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2019, 08:24:24 AM

Wallets   ▲   Roadmap   ▲   Updates   ▲   Exchanges   ▲   "The Platform"   ▲   Links

4 today! Time to update that thread title. Happy birthday old girl.

Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 04, 2019, 04:34:58 PM

Happy bday  Smiley
pwnsauce

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2019, 06:29:20 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOIN!

Loving the update to the title btw Wink  ...and well rested, we will be; when the time comes.  Keep Calm and Stake On.
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 04:31:36 PM

MOIN has been added to the voting list on ATAIX: https://ataix.com/voting?v=MOIN

vella85

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2019, 09:48:07 PM

@KingCaper

I was thinking that maybe cold staking could be implemented into the MOIN wallet? I don't mind having the wallet run all the time however cold staking is a good way to go as the wallet doesn't need to stay opened all the time, just like a MN but its staking. I think it could also attract more people into MOIN so it could be something to think about moving forward with the project.

johbtc

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 10:53:23 PM

I, personally, like staking as is. I think one needs to do at least something to earn the coins, so having the wallet running as a requirement is something I'd prefer. But - that's just my opinion. Anyway happy to see you guys are still all here and hope KingCaper will one day surprise us with something. Hope it won't take too long and really hope we manage to get listed on more exchanges because that is, in the end, what decides whether we're perceived dead or not. Hodler & staker since 2017. The only coin I have held throughout.
johbtc

Activity: 7

View Profile
November 12, 2019, 11:01:35 PM

MOIN has been added to the voting list on ATAIX: https://ataix.com/voting?v=MOIN
Please, everybody, take the time to make an account and vote for MOIN. We will probably not make it first, but still - we need to be in the picture.
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
February 23, 2020, 02:01:52 PM

Please, everybody, take the time to make an account and vote for MOIN. We will probably not make it first, but still - we need to be in the picture.

I would vote if it was an exchange that worked at least 1-2 years. Most newly made exchanges will not work even a year.
vella85

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2020, 11:51:58 PM

I, personally, like staking as is. I think one needs to do at least something to earn the coins, so having the wallet running as a requirement is something I'd prefer. But - that's just my opinion. Anyway happy to see you guys are still all here and hope KingCaper will one day surprise us with something. Hope it won't take too long and really hope we manage to get listed on more exchanges because that is, in the end, what decides whether we're perceived dead or not. Hodler & staker since 2017. The only coin I have held throughout.

Like you I have been staking MOIN for a long time now, I've been staking since late 2016 and continue to stake daily. I too would like to see MOIN listed on more exchanges but not sure about this ataix exchange. Unnamed exchange seems like a good exchange or maybe we can try and get listed on StakeCube which is a staking/masternode platform staking pool and also exchange. We can also vote on there using SCC coins so it can be worth a shot if the community gets on board and votes.

Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: