Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:24:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782149 times)
kb4scv
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:31:16 AM

The person/people selling are satisfied with the amount of money they took from everyone else.  Simple as that.

It is not, at all, simple as that. Theoretically everyone put forth a certain amount of money to have ownership of a certain amount of the asset at the time. If the price goes up, they can choose what to do. Everyone had to put something up knowing the risks involved. That is about as simple as it gets.

I made some profit from old DNET coins, bought too high during recent appreciation hoping to make more profit (still do!) and ended up breaking even (I could've made out nicely). I'm not belly-aching about it though. Simple math clearly validates this asset. The RSI always returns right to 50%, distribution is evening out, and the price has not plummeted without recovering. It's not a dump. It's initial profit taking.

Something that did not happen ... tons of money put into an ICO that is dumped before you can get past a Captcha. The volume is consistent and there have been literally days of opportunity to take profit.

And yes, to whomever asked earlier, I realize I am on the Internet. Again, the tone. This contributes to why many people don't take us as seriously as we might like. This is a product, a developing economy; I'm going to act like a professional when discussing how to handle finances and technology that are in their infancy.

Your logic did not refute my statement, flippant as I was being.  Price went up, they chose to be satisfied with profit.  Exactly as I stated.  Wasn't meant to be good or bad, just an observation of the truth of the matter. 

I also think this one has legs.  As I stated earlier, reminds me of early DASH is some ways.  That is not a bad thing!

Trying to get people to act like professionals in the forums will never happen.  I also agree that this holds a lot of the advancement back with some of these coins, but it is the way it is.  It is the bad that comes with the good in anonymous groups.

As always, best of luck to you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tyjhaynes

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:33:09 AM

The person/people selling are satisfied with the amount of money they took from everyone else.  Simple as that.

It is not, at all, simple as that. Theoretically everyone put forth a certain amount of money to have ownership of a certain amount of the asset at the time. If the price goes up, they can choose what to do. Everyone had to put something up knowing the risks involved. That is about as simple as it gets.

I made some profit from old DNET coins, bought too high during recent appreciation hoping to make more profit (still do!) and ended up breaking even (I could've made out nicely). I'm not belly-aching about it though. Simple math clearly validates this asset. The RSI always returns right to 50%, distribution is evening out, and the price has not plummeted without recovering. It's not a dump. It's initial profit taking.

Something that did not happen ... tons of money put into an ICO that is dumped before you can get past a Captcha. The volume is consistent and there have been literally days of opportunity to take profit.

And yes, to whomever asked earlier, I realize I am on the Internet. Again, the tone. This contributes to why many people don't take us as seriously as we might like. This is a product, a developing economy; I'm going to act like a professional when discussing how to handle finances and technology that are in their infancy.

Your logic did not refute my statement, flippant as I was being.  Price went up, they chose to be satisfied with profit.  Exactly as I stated.  Wasn't meant to be good or bad, just an observation of the truth of the matter.  

I also think this one has legs.  As I stated earlier, reminds me of early DASH is some ways.  That is not a bad thing!

Trying to get people to act like professionals in the forums will never happen.  I also agree that this holds a lot of the advancement back with some of these coins, but it is the way it is.  It is the bad that comes with the good in anonymous groups.

As always, best of luck to you!

Thanks for the clarification! I haven't been active on any forums since I was a teenager and etiquette has changed. I'm 29 but "tl;dr" just became part of my vocabulary a few months ago. I'll always be a chatty cathy from the middle-school AIM days. My primary interest in all of this is academic research (I am a SW professor studying BC tech's role in combating poverty) followed by personal gain. I suppose I carry myself the same whether using my digital identity or real-life identity. I probably just need to chill. Wink Respectfully. Tyler.
max8888

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:40:33 AM

Ah the FUD Squad is here. Buy time Wink

Grin
I sometimes think assessing the threads here are better for speculation than troll boxes or tech analysis. Textbook reverse psych. PIVX is still the investment I have been the most confident so far in my career.
Ask yourself why these people are telling you it will go down more. Just think about it. They sold and want to get in lower. They know it will go up a lot more in the next few weeks. It's all about breaking the weak hands. Don't get played. If you want to sell for profit that is fine. But don't sell if you lose at this moment. Just hold and you'll be fine. Patience is the key here as with any other coin that has potential to rise much more. The price drop to 60k is really good for the next wave. It can't just go up all the time and especially not in a single day.

PIVX is looking good. The volume alone says enough. People are interested in this coin. PIVX is hot Smiley

We are right there with each other - I'm a picky investor but this really earned my respect. My money has been safe with PIVX. I watch the books and I see the bots just doing their thing. Once that's done, then those who manage their own portfolios will show up.

It is sometimes fun to see what the next reply will consist of when trying to quiet the FUD. Wink

My Grandfather once said he wished he had listened to his friend when he started talking about stocks in MSFT. He didn't have to try surviving a faceless market!

some fud,,,, some fanboy ,,,, I could care less what this coin does ,,, somebody get of there ass and make a coin with decentralized market and exchange with anonymity,,, ill fan boy that thing to the end ,,, every thing else is gonna go to the block chain junk yard ,,,, nobody new MSFT was gonna fly, GUI windows were nothing new at the time even had a program that did that  on my C64
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:44:18 AM

Grin
I sometimes think assessing the threads here are better for speculation than troll boxes or tech analysis. Textbook reverse psych. PIVX is still the investment I have been the most confident so far in my career.
Ask yourself why these people are telling you it will go down more. Just think about it. They sold and want to get in lower. They know it will go up a lot more in the next few weeks. It's all about breaking the weak hands. Don't get played. If you want to sell for profit that is fine. But don't sell if you lose at this moment. Just hold and you'll be fine. Patience is the key here as with any other coin that has potential to rise much more. The price drop to 60k is really good for the next wave. It can't just go up all the time and especially not in a single day.

PIVX is looking good. The volume alone says enough. People are interested in this coin. PIVX is hot Smiley

We are right there with each other - I'm a picky investor but this really earned my respect. My money has been safe with PIVX. I watch the books and I see the bots just doing their thing. Once that's done, then those who manage their own portfolios will show up.

It is sometimes fun to see what the next reply will consist of when trying to quiet the FUD. Wink

My Grandfather once said he wished he had listened to his friend when he started talking about stocks in MSFT. He didn't have to try surviving a faceless market!

some fud,,,, some fanboy ,,,, I could care less what this coin does ,,, somebody get of there ass and make a coin with decentralized market and exchange with anonymity,,, ill fan boy that thing to the end ,,, every thing else is gonna go to the block chain junk yard ,,,, nobody new MSFT was gonna fly, GUI windows were nothing new at the time even had a program that did that  on my C64

Again, what are you saying? "Fanboy": define, please? I'm logical and pragmatic.

Do you know what MSFT refers to when it comes to stocks and the amount of value people accumulated in the late 80's and 90's?
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:46:48 AM

Grin

Again, what are you saying? "Fanboy": define, please? I'm logical and pragmatic.

Do you know what MSFT refers to when it comes to stocks and the amount of value people accumulated in the late 80's and 90's?

Has an idea or he wouldn't take the time to post......
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:48:22 AM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 09:09:58 AM by tyjhaynes

Grin

Read what he said and explain to me then. Because it doesn't make sense, at all, and it doesn't appear he took "the time to post" anything meaningful. Microsoft stocks were one of the foundations of the dot-com boom. Early birds got the worm, just like any other market or asset. Clearly he and I are not understanding each other due to some communication errors. I simply cannot follow the grammar.

I am totally prepared for failure! It happens all the time in this market. I'm not a fan of anything with less emotion than a Taylor Swift song.  Wink These are just simply numbers in a portfolio, not marriage or heartbreak.

I do, however, appreciate all the data my research relies on from these forums! So clarification helps.

Edit:

As an example, I will provide a screenshot of the order book as of 02:01 PDT to justify what I'm saying. The market has evened out. We have a beautiful, nearly-even sell/buy book. This will, change, certainly. But no person or group pumping to dump would risk millions of dollars with a healthy order book.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0d67Br9Gh9TVGdsSkpWQzRDTDg/view?usp=sharing

Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:05:41 AM

Poloniex will add PIVX soon I guess. They don't want to miss out on the volume. A request has been filed.
max8888

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:05:48 AM

my point is windows and the net (intranet) had already been created with Xerox Alto anybody that invested in microsoft as an early bird ,, just got lucky, it was a rehashed product    
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:08:08 AM

my point is windows and the net (intranet) had already been created with Xerox Alto anybody that invested in microsoft as an early bird ,, just got lucky, it was a rehashed product    

Microsoft is bigger than the specific product you just mentioned. It grew, organically, over time. It earned it's value. At any rate, we are clearly not on the same page and we shouldn't subject innocent bystanders to this banter.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:08:56 AM

Grin

Read what he said and explain to me then. Because it doesn't make sense, at all. Microsoft stocks were one of the foundations of the dot-com boom. Early birds got the worm, just like any other market or asset. Clearly he and I are not understanding each other due to some communication errors. I simply cannot follow the grammar.

He clearly understands that there might be profit or he would not take the time to post any thoughts.  He does not care about the tech, just the money.  I have no problem with that at all.  Happen to agree that most coins will fail.  That is why I try to invest in the people behind the project much more so than a particular coin.  

Yes, there were GUI's, but MSFT figured out how to make the world want them.  That is always the trick.  No one knows which group here will figure that out either.  It has not really happened yet.

The whole anonymous thing is a farce to me.  Since all routing through the internet is controlled, I do not personally believe there will ever be anonymous anything on the net.  I may be wrong, but given what I know about how telecom and NSA works, just do not believe it will ever be possible.  There are too many ways to follow trails.

With your MSFT logic, that is what we are seeing now with the people that got into BTC early.  I would argue it is also a product of DASH's success at this point.

Nothing wrong at all about discussing the pros and cons of a coin.  That is the point of the forum.  If it is just riches you are looking for, I would say that since you are into the coins now, it is a good time.  Money is starting to pour into them.

We cannot all be rich, but we can certainly keep trying!
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:13:57 AM

Grin

Read what he said and explain to me then. Because it doesn't make sense, at all. Microsoft stocks were one of the foundations of the dot-com boom. Early birds got the worm, just like any other market or asset. Clearly he and I are not understanding each other due to some communication errors. I simply cannot follow the grammar.

He clearly understands that there might be profit or he would not take the time to post any thoughts.  He does not care about the tech, just the money.  I have no problem with that at all.  Happen to agree that most coins will fail.  That is why I try to invest in the people behind the project much more so than a particular coin.  

Yes, there were GUI's, but MSFT figured out how to make the world want them.  That is always the trick.  No one knows which group here will figure that out either.  It has not really happened yet.

The whole anonymous thing is a farce to me.  Since all routing through the internet is controlled, I do not personally believe there will ever be anonymous anything on the net.  I may be wrong, but given what I know about how telecom and NSA works, just do not believe it will ever be possible.  There are too many ways to follow trails.

With your MSFT logic, that is what we are seeing now with the people that got into BTC early.  I would argue it is also a product of DASH's success at this point.

Nothing wrong at all about discussing the pros and cons of a coin.  That is the point of the forum.  If it is just riches you are looking for, I would say that since you are into the coins now, it is a good time.  Money is starting to pour into them.

We cannot all be rich, but we can certainly keep trying!

Thanks, that helps slightly. My primary interest isn't personal wealth since the market isn't big enough yet for that. Stuff was happening looooong before the Internet was even a word - investors don't just get lucky all the time; a lot of careful attention to early developments (i.e., BTC, DASH) influence future investment choices. That's where we are at, in my opinion. We need successes and failures to get to the next point. If it's ETH, XMR, PIVX, or the next sexy thing to premier - they are all essential in a developing economy.

With that said, I am interested in how any and/or all of these technologies will solve issues related to social welfare. Again, I am a professor first and foremost.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:14:21 AM

Grin

Read what he said and explain to me then. Because it doesn't make sense, at all, and it doesn't appear he took "the time to post" anything meaningful. Microsoft stocks were one of the foundations of the dot-com boom. Early birds got the worm, just like any other market or asset. Clearly he and I are not understanding each other due to some communication errors. I simply cannot follow the grammar.

I am totally prepared for failure! It happens all the time in this market. I'm not a fan of anything with less emotion than a Taylor Swift song.  Wink These are just simply numbers in a portfolio, not marriage or heartbreak.

I do, however, appreciate all the data my research relies on from these forums! So clarification helps.

Edit:

As an example, I will provide a screenshot of the order book as of 02:01 PDT to justify what I'm saying. The market has evened out. We have a beautiful, nearly-even sell/buy book. This will, change, certainly. But no person or group pumping to dump would risk millions of dollars with a healthy order book.

Well, every time you change dollars into coins you are putting them at risk.  But, I agree that people put up the money on an educated guess.

I would say, however, that many people who might have gotten lucky to be into one of the big boys early have plenty of other people's money to throw away at this point.
max8888

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:18:35 AM

Microsoft is bigger than the specific product you just mentioned. It grew, organically, over time. It earned it's value. At any rate, we are clearly not on the same page and we shouldn't subject innocent bystanders to this banter.

ya you were saying your grandfather was kicking himself for not investing  ,,,, all im saying even if he was tech minded he could have missed that one,,,, would be like somebody reinventing the wheel and then telling you to invest its gonna go to the moon
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:19:22 AM

Grin

Edit:

Well, every time you change dollars into coins you are putting them at risk.  But, I agree that people put up the money on an educated guess.

I would say, however, that many people who might have gotten lucky to be into one of the big boys early have plenty of other people's money to throw away at this point.

Exactly. Which is the same thing my aforementioned friend of Grandpa did with traditional stocks. He didn't throw away other people's money. He invested in something that he saw potential value in. It's literally been a day of decline. Perhaps we should just wait until trash day to talk about money being thrown away.
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:20:29 AM

ya you were saying your grandfather was kicking himself for not investing  ,,,, all im saying even if he was tech minded he could have missed that one,,,, would be like somebody reinventing the wheel and then telling you to invest its gonna go to the moon

I have told NO ONE to invest. I bought DNET long ago as a penny stock option. I just noticed one day my Trex account had something called PIVX in it. I am an accidental owner. I would provide my address if it wasn't stored on Bittrex for verification, and I apologize if we have a language barrier that might be contributing to any misunderstandings. I think we do not share the same first language and I respect that.

You're right that he could have missed it, but he missed it without the assistance of 300+ page long threads of arguments that might confuse potential newbies.

With that I realize I am embarrassing myself by hogging up this thread. Sorry folks and good night from Seattle. xoxo.
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:24:44 AM

Grin

Edit:

Exactly. Which is the same thing my aforementioned friend of Grandpa did with traditional stocks. He didn't throw away other people's money. He invested in something that he saw potential value in. It's literally been a day of decline. Perhaps we should just wait until trash day to talk about money being thrown away.

By throwing away, I mean they got it cheap and have much less of a problem risking it.  Easy come, easy go. 

The value is always in the people, not the stock, coin, or tech.
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:32:13 AM

Thanks again for the pleasant replies. At the very least, if people are willing to spend their precious time talking about something then it likely means something to them significant enough to take up their spare time. Otherwise I would think there are better ways to spend a day and dollar.
max8888

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:39:32 AM

Thanks again for the pleasant replies. At the very least, if people are willing to spend their precious time talking about something then it likely means something to them significant enough to take up their spare time. Otherwise I would think there are better ways to spend a day and dollar.

im just drunk and lonely
kb4scv
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:45:42 AM

im just drunk and lonely

Then you better buy a bunch more coins to make it all right.  LOL!
tyjhaynes

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 09:48:51 AM

im just drunk and lonely

I'll second the first part of that statement. Cheers.  Kiss

T
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: