Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:12:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 04:59:37 PM

Market is holding tight what is looking at the moment. I also rearranged my plan and strategy about this and now have set up my goals for long term. I t has already done more than enough just looking back at few months where it was. Cryptocurrencies are on fire so Pivx has still to gain a lot in next market spike.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikegi

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:01:29 PM

The transactions for the masternode(s) are "locked" when you start your wallet. (pivxd reads the transaction list from the masternode.conf file).

If you comment or remove those lines from the masternode.conf and restart the wallet, transactions that were reserved for the masternode will be able to stake. After those transactions stake, they will not be able to be used for a masternode so you would need to go through the process of setting up the masternode again.

I think the the block rewards would be about the same or maybe a tad more than the equivalent time staking. The three+ day wait is a bit painful considering that the block reward is scheduled to halve when we reach "PoS Phase X: [blocks 648000-Infinite] 05 PIV (90% SEESAW ~ 10% BUDGET)". Certain upgrades need a restart and then all who run masternodes need to wait some time. This is longer than before but there are more masternodes now than when I was running this before.

Myself, I had been staking for the last while since running masternodes needs a bit more effort and attention. I put some pivx back into masternodes for this upgrade a bit over 3 days ago, thinking I would get a bit more in this last month with the higher reward. It's hard to say what the best decision would be there's another 21+ days to go until the block reward halving.

With 2037 masternodes, a masternode payout should about about every 1.4 days.

Been in PIVX for a pretty long time and have been an overall big fan, but I'll admit, this MN bullshit/new wallets crashing is really pissing me off.  Had to reindex and that took almost THREE days.  Then shortly after a new wallet comes out.  So then I decided to put 20k of my PIVX into MNs and then absolutely nothing for days and just when it's supposed to hit this arbitrary 3 day duration, the wallet crashes and 6 hours later I'm still resyncing and can't even restart my nodes yet.

I'm already down hundreds in terms of USD in comparison to what I was staking and yes, knowing the block rewards will be halving soon only makes this downtime more infuriating.

If MN rewards are only paid every potentially 4 days, I'm definitely out.

Once the masternode gets the first block, the next ones come in turn according to the number of masternodes.
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:03:48 PM

Once the masternode gets the first block, the next ones come in turn according to the number of masternodes.

So it's a consistent 1.4 day rotation through the 2070 MNs for 1 block reward?

mikegi

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 05:32:31 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2017, 06:06:22 PM by mikegi

It could be less, for example, if some other masternodes are shut down or have a misconfigured firewall perhaps.

I'm not sure about the consensus algorithm for how the winning masternodes are chosen. I have had a masternode get no payments for a bit longer period and then have rewards come in more quickly. But it should average out.

At the moment I count 380 masternodes that haven't received payments. I may try to collect some more data and see how the situation changes.

EDIT: For me, masternode payments have started coming in after 90 hours.
The Crypto Baron

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:11:29 PM

It could be less, for example, if some other masternodes are shut down or have a misconfigured firewall perhaps.

I'm not sure about the consensus algorithm for how the winning masternodes are chosen. I have had a masternode get no payments for a bit longer period and then have rewards come in more quickly. But it should average out.

At the moment I count 380 masternodes that haven't received payments. I may try to collect some more data and see how the situation changes.

Ugh, I don't like that one bit.  Are the rewards you're earning at less over 5 PIVX (after most recent reward reduction)?

Also, is there a user friendly way to move coins within internal addresses on the controller wallet?

Ex:  I've generated 6 total addresses now, how can I neatly organize my PIVX into 2 addresses within my wallet?

Thanks

mikegi

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 07:15:23 PM

Ugh, I don't like that one bit.  Are the rewards you're earning at less over 5 PIVX (after most recent reward reduction)?

Also, is there a user friendly way to move coins within internal addresses on the controller wallet?

Ex:  I've generated 6 total addresses now, how can I neatly organize my PIVX into 2 addresses within my wallet?

Thanks

Info about the reward on the masternode info  page.

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html

I almost exclusively use the cli (in this case "pivx-cli" ) for most crypto. If you use the GUI things may be different...

There is the "account" system which I guess most coins derived from bitcoin have inherited. The account system lets you put address into accounts.

What I have done when making may masternode address is:

$ pivx-cli getaccountaddress "account"

So the rewards to the masternode accout show up under the account:

$ pivx-cli listaccounts
{
    "" : 553.08646764,
    "mn01" : 10004.68000000,
    "mn02" : 10000.00000000,
}

You could use:

$ pivx-cli setaccount "pivxaddress" "account"

The account system has it's flaws.... and you can end up with misleading numbers.

pivx-cli listunspent 6 9999999

Will show all your unlocked transactions.
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:21:13 PM

Just send the coins to the address you want them to be in, same as if you were sending to any other address. The wallet will label it as a transfer to yourself. If it's for a MN and you're adding up to 10K with a bunch of smaller inputs, you'd have to accumulate 10K+ in a single address and then transfer exactly 10K in a single transaction from there to your desired MN address.

Also, re: MN payout frequency...

The 3+ day thing is just at the start, after you've enabled your MN. After that, the payout will, on average, follow the expected rate given the current block reward and number of MNs on the network. Having run MNs for well more than a year now, I've never had a deviation from the expected payout schedule of more than a few hours either way, and the overall payout rate has always matched the expected rate.

Given the current number of MNs, staking is very nearly as attractive as running a MN. So if you don't want the hassle of managing a MN, staking may well be the better option for you. Personally, I prefer MNs because you don't need to keep the controller wallet online, which feels more secure, and you're better positioned to take advantage of the uptick in payout amount/rate that comes if/when there's a selloff or network hiccup.
The Crypto Baron

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:26:44 PM

Just send the coins to the address you want them to be in, same as if you were sending to any other address. The wallet will label it as a transfer to yourself. If it's for a MN and you're adding up to 10K with a bunch of smaller inputs, you'd have to accumulate 10K+ in a single address and then transfer exactly 10K in a single transaction from there to your desired MN address.

The 3+ day thing is just at the start, after you've enabled your MN. After that, the payout will, on average, follow the expected rate given the current block reward and number of MNs on the network. Having run MNs for well more than a year now, I've never had a deviation from the expected payout schedule of more than a few hours either way, and the overall payout rate has always matched the expected rate.

Given the current number of MNs, staking is very nearly as attractive as running a MN. So if you don't want the hassle of managing a MN, staking may well be the better option for you. Personally, I prefer MNs because you don't need to keep the controller wallet online, which feels more secure, and you're better positioned to take advantage of the uptick in payout amount/rate that comes if/when there's a selloff or network hiccup.

Yeah, so far this MN experiment has only cost me hundreds of PIVX so I'll sending those OUT of MNs asap instead of in and pretty mad about this giant waste of time and money.

Is there a spot to check each individual addresses balance while I try rebalance this back to staking?

presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 08:36:31 PM

Yeah, so far this MN experiment has only cost me hundreds of PIVX so I'll sending those OUT of MNs asap instead of in and pretty mad about this giant waste of time and money.

Is there a spot to check each individual addresses balance while I try rebalance this back to staking?

Staking is easier to do, and could result in higher payouts depending on your luck.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
The Crypto Baron

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:27:09 PM

Staking is easier to do, and could result in higher payouts depending on your luck.

Much higher in my experience.  But after I kill my MNs, how do I rebalance my wallet addresses?

No one has answered yet.  Yes, I know I can just "send" to an address, but how do I know which address it's being sent from... or how much is in that address in the first place so I can balance my staking addresses.

And on that last note, how do I check the balances of my addresses so I can do that better?

Lercker

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:38:52 PM

Much higher in my experience.  But after I kill my MNs, how do I rebalance my wallet addresses?

No one has answered yet.  Yes, I know I can just "send" to an address, but how do I know which address it's being sent from... or how much is in that address in the first place so I can balance my staking addresses.

And on that last note, how do I check the balances of my addresses so I can do that better?
Just take your total balance and divide it up between whichever addys you want to use and do it in successive transactions.
The Crypto Baron

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:40:41 PM

Just take your total balance and divide it up between whichever addys you want to use and do it in successive transactions.

That's well and good and I considered that, but how do I know it's not taking those coins from the same place I just sent it to?  

Which is why I asked where can I check address balances to verify?

Lercker

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 09:51:43 PM

That's well and good and I considered that, but how do I know it's not taking those coins from the same place I just sent it to?  

Which is why I asked where can I check address balances to verify?
Some of the coins will be, but if you do not want random coins going to change addresses it's best to do your entire balance to whichever addresses you want to use. While the coins are unconfirmed/intransit they will not be transferred to other addresses.
The Crypto Baron

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:23:23 PM

Some of the coins will be, but if you do not want random coins going to change addresses it's best to do your entire balance to whichever addresses you want to use. While the coins are unconfirmed/intransit they will not be transferred to other addresses.

Thanks for the hand.  If you "enable coin control features" under your wallet tab in options, you can check address balances under input and it gives you a lot of different options.  Now I'm wondering if I screwed up whatever perfect balance I had before lol fml

Who knows... Let's hope I got it better?

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:54:44 PM

Quote from: iloveBTCtomuch on April 25, 2017, 10:14:35 PM
Very interesting:
https://www.dashforcenews.com/5-reasons-why-dash-evolution-will-blow-competitors-away/

https://youtu.be/7J4m04Tkfb4

Dash: 2 million coins pre-mined or 72,000,000 (sorry my mistake x 2 staggering amount of 144,000,000 dollars!)  USD escaped open market trade to hands of a few or downright fraud has been committed  

hence.. not very interesting, at least not to many

Nope not true, it was not a pre-mine it was an instamine, and their is lots and lots of info on that. On the other hand:
PIVX a 100% fastmine

To sum it up:
-DASH is only a 10% instamine of the totall coin supply  vs 100% fastmine with masternodes earning straight from the start with PIVX
- PIVX had only a mining periode of 181 day's, 70% minined out in less than 100 days
- PIVx two anonymous creators did burn their pre-mine of 6 masternodes, but kept the rewards (anyways it worked out well from a markting perspective, my compliments )
- PIVX masternodes earned straight from the start, the rewards where so large that early holders, never had to sell their mn
- PIVX hash-rate has been very low during the POW mining fase, aka few people where mining it
- PIVX its coin distribution especially during and just after the POW fase was very concentrated, still close to 250 addresses held during this quick rise in marketcap (the smart owners either sold off allot or at the very least divided their holdings of multiple addresses
http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php?count=250

Very little info to clear up the 100% fastmine of PIVX but plenty of good information on DASH it's 10% instamine:

Evan Duffield has no more than 256,000 Dash and will give away 80% of that to fund DAOs within DASH https://www.reddit.com/r/dashpay/comments/62jc3b/evan_duffield_has_no_more_than_256000_dash_and/
Dash Instamine Issue Clarification https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OC/Dash+Instamine+Issue+Clarification
Instamine FAQ https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Legacy+FAQ#LegacyFAQ-WasDashInstamined
Was The Instamine A Positive Thing For Dash? https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118
My View: Dash’s Instamine Is Not A Problem http://fintekneeks.com/my-view-dashs-pre-mine-is-not-a-problem/
Deep technical analysis of the early mining and distribution https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg15619552#msg15619552
Confessions of a Instaminer Hashman https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg18041424#msg18041424

who is this joker?? where have you been the last 3 years that it has been proven in black and white dash is a scam?

You did close to 1400 posts  maybe you should do some time reading as well ? and maybe come back with some proper feedback, non- of my claims here as have been refuted.

you broomsztick fraudster you Merriam Webster dictionary to the rescue:

Definition of fraudster
chiefly British
:  a person who engages in fraud :  cheat

go and read there and bring your dashy boddies with ya, you 4$ an hour bitcoin talk poster you

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fraudster

and no 0$ enters dash for the fraud that has been committed  it is just way too dangerous (for an investor) and I (we) trade many coins

post mortem: I feel a bit guilty for I am sure some of junior developers at dash could use some of the budget money they are innocent
vinci

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

Be a NEMber- nem.io

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 07:58:46 AM

below 1 dollar incoming!  Shocked
And then I'll buy  Grin

★☆★ NEM CATAPULT HYPE! READY TO LAUNCH ★☆★
RAGEmond

Activity: 350

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 08:51:44 AM

below 1 dollar incoming!  Shocked
And then I'll buy  Grin

any news or releases in near future which could bring the price up again?
StacksOfDash

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:13:30 PM

LiveCoin will be having PIVX soon, dev said they already got approval, just waiting for it to be added!! Grin Grin

I'm sure once the dev has some free time (he works hard guys, dont forget that!) he will let us know some more news!
grumfork

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:39:23 PM

Before the 31st, PIVX will return to $ 2, it's a good time to buy . In a few hours it will rise again to 1.5 $ and poloniex will also add it before June .

PIVX to the moon! Wink
adu1t

Activity: 171

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:42:41 PM

its not going to drop below 86k.
everything <86 absolutely unreasonable price for this coin
Pages: « 1 ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 [385] 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: