Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782153 times)
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:07:18 PM

what is the difference between PIVX and DASH? can someone explain this to me? Thanks in advance.
Its well written in this article https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@pivx/pivx-and-dash-comparing-these-two-tech-miracles
Have a read and see if you can realize the real potential of PIVX here.  Cool

That article was written 70 years ago in Crypto time.

lmao. yeah that is a while ago in the crypto space, but the info is still good. thanks for the link. so PIVX is an inflationary currency? OP of this article tries to spin that into a good thing, but im not buying it:

"No maximum coin supply, Perhaps the fact that Bitcoin has a coin cap of 21 million was a reason most of us fell in love with crypto to begin with, but in reality currency MUST expand, assets don't have to. For this reason plenty of people argue that Bitcoin is just an easily transferable asset and not a true currency, after all who wants to spend something that they know is going to go up in value, how many Bitcoin lovers would rather spend Bitcoin than Dollars? I know I prefer to spend my fiat and save my crypto."

I would argue that the fact that coins can be broken down to .0000000x is enough runway for growth. if /when bitcoin can scale to global mass adoption, satoshi will be the standard for payment, not entire coins. kind of like "hey can i get a soda?" -  "sure thing 17 satoshi."

thoughts? am i wrong?

PIVX is one of the lowest inflation coins because proof of stake does not have to support and incentivize expensive mining operations. Only 2 million are generated every year, which is around 2% inflation. From there, every transaction burns a tiny amount (.0001 or .01 for SwiftX), so at around 500tx/s it can even become deflationary. Also 10% of new coins go toward a treasure that might not be fully utilized. Any coins not spent in the monthly superblock are never generated.
Not accounting for burnt fees and assuming 100% treasury utilization, this is what is projected: https://i.imgur.com/UYRkl19.png
So TLDR: If you're worried about your coins losing value to inflation, it's less of a concern with PIVX. With crypto being an infant market, your coin's value is far more determined by the day-to-day success of the coin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/6l1ol2/limit_on_number_of_pivx/djqtybr/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bluudz

Activity: 211
Merit: 116

Why so serious?

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 11:08:22 PM

Hello guys. Can anyone advice me on how to start masternode via debug console? The old masternode start-many doesn't work anymore and when I try to start the node via gui I'm getting Error invalid IP address. Before I could always start via debug and it was fine, but now I can't anymore. Anyone can help me either with the command or tell me whats the possible IP address issue? Thank you

btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:49:52 AM

Hello guys. Can anyone advice me on how to start masternode via debug console? The old masternode start-many doesn't work anymore and when I try to start the node via gui I'm getting Error invalid IP address. Before I could always start via debug and it was fine, but now I can't anymore. Anyone can help me either with the command or tell me whats the possible IP address issue? Thank you

Yes, first unlock your wallet, then run  masternode start-alias "name of node" to start one node by name.
bluudz

Activity: 211
Merit: 116

Why so serious?

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 01:54:29 AM

Yes, first unlock your wallet, then run  masternode start-alias "name of node" to start one node by name.

masternode command does not work anymore. I found the solution. you have to use startmasternode missing lockwallet now.

btct22

Activity: 615
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:01:37 AM

masternode command does not work anymore. I found the solution. you have to use startmasternode missing lockwallet now.

Wow ok, I'm still running v2.3.0 .. Is that new command in v2.3.1 ?   I probably should update if it's that different.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:00:38 AM

I love PIVX and my PIVX masternode. Unfortuanately it is very expensive to buy a masternode these day, you habe to invest 30.000 $ and get back 120 $  per month.
You can  get nearly the same payout if u invest in crave, but you need only 1200$ for a node, that pays 100$ per month.
you can buy crave on cryptopia and a good hoting service is nodeshare.in, you pay 8$  per month  (96 $ a year ) and get cahsback of 20% if you pay with byteballs!
Another interesting masternode coin is in my opinion Neutron, which u can also host @ nodeshare.in.
Of course, both coins do not have such good projects like PIVX, but there are not much coins that can compete with PIVX.
This information is for people, how like to have a cheap masternode with good ROI.

one of the worst example of FUD I have ever seen (and I have been doing it for 7+ years) , data aside like in slack people should take their sales pitches to respective own channels like crave thread etc

I am sure even crave people would be upset with you pitching it in here the way you did it (not to mention byteball, be caraful with them though they are very serious people in that coin)
Cipherr

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 01:36:04 AM

I love PIVX and my PIVX masternode. Unfortuanately it is very expensive to buy a masternode these day, you habe to invest 30.000 $ and get back 120 $  per month.
You can  get nearly the same payout if u invest in crave, but you need only 1200$ for a node, that pays 100$ per month.
you can buy crave on cryptopia and a good hoting service is nodeshare.in, you pay 8$  per month  (96 $ a year ) and get cahsback of 20% if you pay with byteballs!
Another interesting masternode coin is in my opinion Neutron, which u can also host @ nodeshare.in.
Of course, both coins do not have such good projects like PIVX, but there are not much coins that can compete with PIVX.
This information is for people, how like to have a cheap masternode with good ROI.

one of the worst example of FUD I have ever seen (and I have been doing it for 7+ years) , data aside like in slack people should take their sales pitches to respective own channels like crave thread etc

I am sure even crave people would be upset with you pitching it in here the way you did it (not to mention byteball, be caraful with them though they are very serious people in that coin)

That post is transparently offtopic, and a clear advertisement, but its not FUD. I hate to agree, but that term is starting to become very overused in crypto. Just because someone is saying something you dont want them to say, or that you don't like, OR that paints another coin in a positive light doesn't make it FUD.

Shilling is much more accurate in this case.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 09:31:02 AM

It sounds like you don't understand Pivx. You don't need a masternode to stake. As a matter of fact, you often can do better by just staking (with no masternode).
Check here for rewards, but they are generally almost identical. http://pivx.cryptonode.co/

Right now for example, rewards are as follows (from preceding link):
Monthly revenue for 10k Pivx   41.74 PIVX 132.15 USD (Masternode)      50.25 PIVX 159.07 USD (Staking)
Staking is more profitable, your problem is solved!  Grin

edit - ps, if you only have 5k Pivx, it is as follows: 25.12 PIVX 79.54 USD  (Notice, you are not penalized)  Wink

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
.cryptic.

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:41:09 AM

It sounds like you don't understand Pivx. You don't need a masternode to stake. As a matter of fact, you often can do better by just staking (with no masternode).
Check here for rewards, but they are generally almost identical. http://pivx.cryptonode.co/

Monthly revenue for 10k Pivx   41.74 PIVX 132.15 USD (Masternode)      50.25 PIVX 159.07 USD (Staking)

edit - ps, if you only have 5k Pivx, it is as follows: 25.12 PIVX 79.54 USD  (Notice, you are not penalized)  Wink

The masternode/staking rewards always fluctuate. When the number of masternodes go higher, the masternode rewards will go lower and when there are less number of masternodes the rewards for masternodes will be higher.
Lisk_beginner

Activity: 649
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 06:44:07 AM

I remember when pivx was at 2,5 cts in March Cool.

People said that pivx was nothing.

Very good job
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442

Antifragile

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:25:35 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2017, 12:19:03 PM by Its About Sharing

edit - ps, if you only have 5k Pivx, it is as follows: 25.12 PIVX 79.54 USD  (Notice, you are not penalized)  Wink

The masternode/staking rewards always fluctuate. When the number of masternodes go higher, the masternode rewards will go lower and when there are less number of masternodes the rewards for masternodes will be higher.

Didn't mean to sound like I didn't understand what was going on. I even said - "Right now for example..." and linked the calculator to show which one, at the moment, is more profitable.
The "fluctuating" is called the "see-saw mechanism" and is described here in the white paper if anyone is interested. https://pivx.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/PIVX-purple-paper-Technincal-Notes.pdf

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 09:51:19 AM

That post is transparently offtopic, and a clear advertisement, but its not FUD. I hate to agree, but that term is starting to become very overused in crypto. Just because someone is saying something you dont want them to say, or that you don't like, OR that paints another coin in a positive light doesn't make it FUD.

Shilling is much more accurate in this case.

be lucky I didn't call it a fraud, if a coin XYZ would be so great there would not be a reason for individuals ABC to venture outside it's space and do "comparative analysis" , I dont do that , why do you do that ?

now let DEF's engage questions in the subject matter such as master node setup etc (in the subject matter!) and not above , thanks brothers!
tintumon

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

dinkimole nokkalle...

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:05:42 PM

Why is the prize tanking lately? Is everything going according to the plan with the zerocoin implementation?
Nixeus

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Hello, i'm Nixeus :)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 07:36:20 PM

Hello,

Is it possible this coin could reach 300usd in long term ?( 3 years for example ?)
Or impossible ?

Thanks Smiley
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:08:30 PM

Hello,

Is it possible this coin could reach 300usd in long term ?( 3 years for example ?)
Or impossible ?

Thanks Smiley
This is crypto man and anything is possible here  Cheesy I will be happy with $30 by the end of next year.
Nixeus

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Hello, i'm Nixeus :)

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 08:14:06 PM

Yeah but some thing are impossible due to the Market Cap ! no?
bluedude

Activity: 714

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:58:28 AM

Why is the prize tanking lately? Is everything going according to the plan with the zerocoin implementation?
Its  just the normal crypto market behaviour and nothing is alarming here. Devs are full steam on zero coin implementation and will be released once they are happy with the implementation they got.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:03:13 AM

There's a bug on PIVx Wallet when running in Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, not critical but cosmetic and function bug.

When the icon is right clicked in the task bar, the menu is completely blank. If the wallet is closed, then one cannot retrieve the normal window wallet again because the taskbar icon is missing a menu.
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:02:30 AM

We are about to break out of the consolidation phase, according to the charts.October is going to be the moon time for PIVX again.

actually the moon is coming to PIVX, the moon was waiting for PIVX since aguest but it didn't go to it.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:47:54 AM

There's a bug on PIVx Wallet when running in Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS, not critical but cosmetic and function bug.

When the icon is right clicked in the task bar, the menu is completely blank. If the wallet is closed, then one cannot retrieve the normal window wallet again because the taskbar icon is missing a menu.

unfortunately, this is one of the issues with Unity desktop and Ubuntu, and it is seemingly specific to just that combination (it is an issue with the Qt5 library supplied by Ubuntu and how Unity handles tray menus).

btw, this kind of issue report really should be made on github in the future. Don't rely on these forums to have your issue seen by someone on the dev team.
Pages: « 1 ... 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: