Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:09:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
coinwider

Activity: 184
Merit: 101

Put the fun back into banking!

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 04:47:51 PM

hi Evergreen folks,

informed myself and read a lot about EGC and I am on board. Really good project!

As some said before, more PR would be good -  maybe Dev could write a request  to www.cryptocoin.cc  which is a sister to www.distrowatch.com (well known source for Linux+BSD distros)

All wallet updates would then be automatically listed there.

And I want to do some part to the EGC community and will better translate/correct the  https://evergreencoin.org/de/  
- sorry, but that page isn't written in german, it has been google-translated

So, Dev please write me a PM - to proceed.

greetz
coinwide

Hello coinwide, welcome the the EverGreenCoin community.

I have contacted cryptocoin.cc requesting the addition of EverGreenCoin.

The website is automatically translated into many languages using a paid service. This service was selected and paid for by myself and community members. I have 20+ languages enabled presently. It is not google translated, hence no google branding, but sure it must rely on similar technology to do so. We need this type of on-the-fly translation for several reasons. Please allow me to explain.

First, content is being added and changed daily. I have a difficult time getting some translations of our ANN updated when we release a new wallet, let alone adding something new or updates on a more frequent basis. Making the website rely on a similar method of translation will yield similar results. Second, we have forums and other dynamic components that are translated. Manually translating these would be a nightmare and require copies of all the information to be maintained for every language we wanted to support. For content out of the dynamic sections of the website (forums, marketplace, hopefully soon the directory is less static, groups, various feeds) this would be a large task requiring many resources. For the dynamic ones, insurmountable and honestly impossible. Third, the website is translated into languages we do not yet have community members that speak the language. Of course we are trying to reach out to these markets and make them feel welcomed. Fourth, if we relied on community members to assist with the translations of the website, a task that may not even be possible for reasons stated here, many of them would not be in contact past the length of one price increase / decrease (aka pump and dump). Leaving myself or some other non-native speaking, or not speaking at all more often, person to do the translation manually using Google translate anyway.

For all the reasons I have stated here and ones I can't think of off the top of my head, statically translated pages just won't work. Undoubtedly it would create an immense, arguably infinite, amount of work and in time would result in even poorer translations or even worse, languages ignored or no ability to support languages in anything near a timely fashion.

I do realise automatic translations may result in poorer translations. I do feel it is the best option, perhaps the only realistic option, we presently have. Even statically translating the home page alone, allowing automatic for the rest, will suffer all the mentioned problems in a short time.

Thanks for bringing cryptocoin.cc to attention. I have contacted them and will let the community know of any addition of EverGreenCoin to their service. I am sure they will in time.

Again, welcome to EverGreenCoin! Thanks for your willingness to contribute!

Hi Evergreencoin,

i understood your points, it's hard to maintain every language with all sources of information to static translation.

Nevertheless i will join your slack channel, as i thought of in the meantime.

Oh yeah, cryptocoin.cc is atm small but could become a good resource of information.

greetz

Put the fun back into banking! Use cryptocurrencies.  --- PivX --- TenX --- Lisk --- Factom --- Siacoin ---
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 04:59:55 PM

... EGC on crpytochainer.com isn't available ...

I will contact cryptochainer.com today. Thanks for bringing this to attention.

coinwider

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:14:24 PM

welcome 

btw, maybe i can put some help into the wallet translation, cause it's mixed up - English-Deutsch...

see you on slack later on

Put the fun back into banking! Use cryptocurrencies.  --- PivX --- TenX --- Lisk --- Factom --- Siacoin ---
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 05:15:33 PM

... Oh yeah, cryptocoin.cc is atm small but could become a good resource of information. ...

The coin submission process on cryptocoin.cc asks for an email to be sent. I have tried from multiple email addresses in and out of the EverGreenCoin.org domain. Unfortunately,

550 5.1.1 <cryptocoin@cryptocoin.cc>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 05:24:56 PM

welcome 

btw, maybe i can put some help into the wallet translation, cause it's mixed up - English-Deutsch...

That would be great and much appreciated. See you there! Smiley

coinwider

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 05:43:38 PM

... Oh yeah, cryptocoin.cc is atm small but could become a good resource of information. ...

The coin submission process on cryptocoin.cc asks for an email to be sent. I have tried from multiple email addresses in and out of the EverGreenCoin.org domain. Unfortunately,

550 5.1.1 <cryptocoin@cryptocoin.cc>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in virtual mailbox table

contact Ladislav Bodnar    via  cc@cryptocoin.cc

welcome 

That would be great and much appreciated. See you there! Smiley

c u  Smiley

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 06:15:35 PM

contact Ladislav Bodnar    via  cc@cryptocoin.cc

Thanks for that info. In my email, I will politely point out the non-functional email address listed for coin submission process.

drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:10:33 PM

Just linked my github account to EGC and read a bit of the translation, sure there has to be done something.  e.g. line 1619  (!)  Wink
I am used to compile progz from github but  will have a look how to make pull request. If abyaby123 or another german reader from BCT can then re-read it, i am your man.

The usual process is to fork the repository into your own github account, then create a branch in your copy, name the branch based on what's being changed (e.g. feature-update-german-translation).

You should then make the changes in that branch and commit changes. Once the relevant changes are commited and tested and pushed back to your github fork you can use the github interface to create a pull request.

If you get stuck shout on Slack or IRC and myself or someone else can try to help walk you though.
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 08:47:31 PM

well, that was a fast p&D

I think most of the community would much prefer a gradual increase in price to match the real value in what EGC is trying to achieve rather than just a quick P&D.

Personally I think EGC is worth more than the rates it's had recently (and I think many others would agree). Hopefully this is the start of EGC finding it's true value.
It may be too early for such a call, but I will risk it: it looks like the brief p&d on EGC has run its end and we come back to where we were in the last six months: slowly decreasing trend.

this space is intentionally left blank
EGCCannabis

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 09:13:35 PM

I think most of the community would much prefer a gradual increase in price to match the real value in what EGC is trying to achieve rather than just a quick P&D.

Personally I think EGC is worth more than the rates it's had recently (and I think many others would agree). Hopefully this is the start of EGC finding it's true value.
slowly decreasing trend.

You mean like betcoin.ag? Nah it's doing much better than that. Thanks for your opinion though. Have a great day.

EverGreenCoin®
Cryptocurrency meets environment
CryptoCanary
Legendary

Activity: 1076
Merit: 1006

Canary in the crypto mine!

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 11:42:02 PM

It may be too early for such a call, but I will risk it: it looks like the brief p&d on EGC has run its end and we come back to where we were in the last six months: slowly decreasing trend.

If only all price levels were as easy to maintain.

Wink

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 01:34:47 AM

I will be the first to admit, I am a horribly shy person. I hope I did EverGreenCoin a service by 'sucking that up' and conducting an interview for SolarEnergyDirectory.com (http://solarenergydirectory.com/blog/interview-with-steven-saxton-evergreencoin/).

The interview has already also been published at http://pennyheaven.com/interview-with-steven-saxton-founder-and-lead-developer-evergreencoin/ and https://medium.com/@BrainGuzzle/interview-with-steven-saxton-founder-and-lead-developer-evergreencoin-acf75511e1d9#.kihvehff6 to my knowledge.

The interviewer, George Penssin, will be sending it to more journalists tomorrow. I hope many new eyes learn of our humble EverGreenCoin project because of it. Please like, share, recommend, and tweet it if you find it interesting and deserving. I have the interview in press release format if anyone in the community knows of another outlet that might publish it. PM me for that.

Thanks in advance!

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 04:20:00 AM

I will be the first to admit, I am a horribly shy person. I hope I did EverGreenCoin a service by 'sucking that up' and conducting an interview for SolarEnergyDirectory.com (http://solarenergydirectory.com/blog/interview-with-steven-saxton-evergreencoin/).

The interview has already also been published at http://pennyheaven.com/interview-with-steven-saxton-founder-and-lead-developer-evergreencoin/ and https://medium.com/@BrainGuzzle/interview-with-steven-saxton-founder-and-lead-developer-evergreencoin-acf75511e1d9#.kihvehff6 to my knowledge.

The interviewer, George Penssin, will be sending it to more journalists tomorrow. I hope many new eyes learn of our humble EverGreenCoin project because of it. Please like, share, recommend, and tweet it if you find it interesting and deserving. I have the interview in press release format if anyone in the community knows of another outlet that might publish it. PM me for that.

Thanks in advance!

this is superb news ...

and just to mention also mate ...

if you had my occasional aggressiveness - it 'may' help in the shyness department - but i highly doubt you would get as far as you have with egc ... its YOUR nature and honesty that makes the trust factor here so high ... not just your 'reputation' ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 04:53:41 AM

Thanks in advance!

this is superb news ...

if you had my occasional aggressiveness - it 'may' help in the shyness department - but i highly doubt you would get as far as you have with egc ... its YOUR nature and honesty that makes the trust factor here so high ... not just your 'reputation' ...

#crysx

I thought for sure you would like the mention of Austrailia in the interview. Even if it was mentioned in relation to a topic you are less fond of.

Of course, I am honoured to have earned people's trust and fully intend to maintain that.

Thanks for the kind words!

chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 05:11:48 AM

Thanks in advance!

this is superb news ...

#crysx

I thought for sure you would like the mention of Austrailia in the interview. Even if it was mentioned in relation to a topic you are less fond of.

Of course, I am honoured to have earned people's trust and fully intend to maintain that.

Thanks for the kind words!

hehehe ...

all good mate ... its an industry like any other ...

as for the mention - all good ... not necessary - as its all about egc - and there are MANY facets of help / work behind the scenes to make a lot happen ...

you just stay the way you are mate ... its easy to get jaded in this industry ...

very good stuff ...

#crysx

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 06:01:47 AM

great news...

Thanks! The interview is already getting a lot of exposure on twitter and google plus that I am aware of. It is also being redistributed by many 'copy-cat' blogs already. The best part is, it's a free of cost promotion for EverGreenCoin that looks to be making a sizable impression already.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 10:09:14 AM

great news...

Thanks! The interview is already getting a lot of exposure on twitter and google plus that I am aware of. It is also being redistributed by many 'copy-cat' blogs already. The best part is, it's a free of cost promotion for EverGreenCoin that looks to be making a sizable impression already.

It's great that the word is getting out there - its feels like a really good timing too with the new version of the wallet, charity staking and upturn in the price. Just catching up after being away on business for a week looking forward to reading the interview this evening!
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 04:53:21 PM

Wink
ZEIT is actually much worse than 1 sat. I bet many holders wish it to be worth that much Wink
But leaving ZEIT and other coins from my personal note aside, what I said about EGC is most probably true.
I wish I was wrong.

this space is intentionally left blank
EGCCannabis

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 27, 2017, 05:21:11 PM

Wink
ZEIT is actually much worse than 1 sat. I bet many holders wish it to be worth that much Wink
But leaving ZEIT and other coins from my personal note aside, what I said about EGC is most probably true.
I wish I was wrong.

Thank you again for sharing your opinions. Have a great day Uki.

EverGreenCoin®
Cryptocurrency meets environment
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2017, 05:37:42 PM

Quote from: coinwider

Cryptochainer.com has been updated. Thanks again, coinwider, for bringing this to attention.

Cryptochainer.com accepts BTC donations at 1DDyrXHpAdnsvsGH7N74h3RR3fnaXQzbit

Pages: « 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 [182] 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: