Bitcoin Forum
October 18, 2017, 02:31:47 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.0.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 213 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 273205 times)
starmman

Activity: 686

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:49:39 AM

When new site starts ? This has been going on months  Undecided

The release date was already annonced its the 29th this month. Hangout will be on the same day.

Awesome, two days to go. Looking forward to seeing the new site. Hope all is going well with the development and testing =)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EverGreenCoin

Activity: 700

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2016, 07:53:46 AM

When new site starts ? This has been going on months  Undecided

The release date was already annonced its the 29th this month. Hangout will be on the same day.

Awesome, two days to go. Looking forward to seeing the new site. Hope all is going well with the development and testing =)

Yes, it is coming together nicely and work is being done diligently. The plan is to launch it prior to the community hangout that is scheduled for the 29th at 17:00 GMT.

Hope to see you there! Smiley

EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2016, 02:58:09 PM

So the community is aware, we will not be replacing the existing website with the new website tomorrow. Yes, we will be making the new website publicly accessible in its current form for the community to review where the development will continue, but not replacing the existing evergreencoin.org until it is in a more complete state.

I do not want the first impression new-comers see to be something that is incomplete and I regret to inform the community, it is much further from complete then we all had hoped. David of Sci Fi Domain cited problematic migration of certain modules from his staff's development servers to the EGC servers as a big loss of time. This loss of time has translated into less development time. David also cited that migrating a client's website prior to completion is not normal operation, though we had agreed on this approach previously and I had upgraded and provided access to the appropriate servers long ago.

In David's defense, and as I have previously stated, we did spend much time discussing the technical advantages and underlining motives of EGC. Communicating this clearly and fully to David did give him, and myself even after verbalizing, a better idea of the presentation we sought in our aim to make something more inviting to non-technical people. Though communication was 'reset' a few times due to communication gaps resulting from issues, both professional and personal, on both mine and David's end. I do have to accept blame for letting this phase drag out much longer than I should have in hindsight and not taken a hard-line approach to the timeline, certainly after the original contracted date estimation passed. The enormous time difference was also a hindrance to communications that needed to be verbal. Written communication would never have sufficed.

To be perfectly honest, and many of you that have talked with me might already know, it would seem my kind-hardheartedness has failed me to be able to play the hard-line role strong enough. I apologize for that, but it is my nature. My only defense, I still can't find "hard-line" in the contract. At any rate, the community will be able to view the new website tomorrow as promised but again, its form at that time might be less than the expectations I have raised. I did not intend to mislead. I only made pertaining post after communicating with Sci Fi Domains. Nothing I ever said in any posts, including this one, came as a surprise to them. The new site will not replace evergreencoin.org until it is all that myself, the community, and David have imagined.

starmman

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:22:57 AM

So the community is aware, we will not be replacing the existing website with the new website tomorrow. Yes, we will be making the new website publicly accessible in its current form for the community to review where the development will continue, but not replacing the existing evergreencoin.org until it is in a more complete state.

I do not want the first impression new-comers see to be something that is incomplete and I regret to inform the community, it is much further from complete then we all had hoped. David of Sci Fi Domain cited problematic migration of certain modules from his staff's development servers to the EGC servers as a big loss of time. This loss of time has translated into less development time. David also cited that migrating a client's website prior to completion is not normal operation, though we had agreed on this approach previously and I had upgraded and provided access to the appropriate servers long ago.

In David's defense, and as I have previously stated, we did spend much time discussing the technical advantages and underlining motives of EGC. Communicating this clearly and fully to David did give him, and myself even after verbalizing, a better idea of the presentation we sought in our aim to make something more inviting to non-technical people. Though communication was 'reset' a few times due to communication gaps resulting from issues, both professional and personal, on both mine and David's end. I do have to accept blame for letting this phase drag out much longer than I should have in hindsight and not taken a hard-line approach to the timeline, certainly after the original contracted date estimation passed. The enormous time difference was also a hindrance to communications that needed to be verbal. Written communication would never have sufficed.

To be perfectly honest, and many of you that have talked with me might already know, it would seem my kind-hardheartedness has failed me to be able to play the hard-line role strong enough. I apologize for that, but it is my nature. My only defense, I still can't find "hard-line" in the contract. At any rate, the community will be able to view the new website tomorrow as promised but again, its form at that time might be less than the expectations I have raised. I did not intend to mislead. I only made pertaining post after communicating with Sci Fi Domains. Nothing I ever said in any posts, including this one, came as a surprise to them. The new site will not replace evergreencoin.org until it is all that myself, the community, and David have imagined.

No worries, good to be transparent - there are always niggles with the release of a new site.

And sorry, I don't think that I'll be around for the community hangout today - I made commitments to take my wife shopping...

starmman

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 08:24:30 AM

EGC is holding up very nicely against the rise in BTC by the way - most alts have shifted down by a large percentage level - EGC seems to still be trading within its range =)

EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 04:27:52 PM

No worries, good to be transparent - there are always niggles with the release of a new site.

And sorry, I don't think that I'll be around for the community hangout today - I made commitments to take my wife shopping...

The hangout will be recorded, you can view it later if you wish. I just did a reinstall on the machine I will be streaming the hangout from, so I might start them both a bit early in hopes of resolving any issues prior to 17:00 GMT (1 pm EST). The meeting itself should only be about an hour, but we will go as long as need be. Of course, links will be posted here and tweeted at the start.

Enjoy your time with your loved ones!

EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 04:35:44 PM

EGC is holding up very nicely against the rise in BTC by the way - most alts have shifted down by a large percentage level - EGC seems to still be trading within its range =)

I have received comments from many people that EGC is the only coin not in the red of their portfolio recently. Certainly I am very glad to see EGC's price hold, but wish no devaluing of other coins nor people's investments in them.

I was pleased to see EGC at 4000 sat again yesterday briefly. Hopefully we can continue that tread upward, regardless of what the market as a whole does.

Thanks for investing in EGC!

Kazadar

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:51:29 PM

Yes its interesting to see how EGC usually goes up when all the alts goes down.

Guessing a few smaller investors are using it as a safe harbour.

EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 05:05:07 PM

The link for the hangout: https://hangouts.google.com/call/dam73sjl4fclxaqh6roubu3azae

EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 07:46:06 PM

Thanks to all that attended this month's community hangout!

For those of you that were unable to attend, the stage of the new website is at stage.evergreencoin.org Please do not post links to the stage on social media or other sites, as we do not want search engines indexing it for obvious reasons. Indexing is 'prevented' on the stage but some search engines will still index it if they crawl other links to it. As I expressed in the hangout, I am sorry the site is this far behind schedule and this far from completion. I am doing my best to both motivate and help Sci Fi Domain meet the obligation. Hopefully it is completed and moved to evergreencoin.org's root before indexing from search engines is an issue.

Again, thanks to all the participants! The next hangout will be November 26th at the same time, 17:00 GMT

starmman

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 11:39:01 PM

Thanks to all that attended this month's community hangout!

For those of you that were unable to attend, the stage of the new website is at stage.evergreencoin.org Please do not post links to the stage on social media or other sites, as we do not want search engines indexing it for obvious reasons. Indexing is 'prevented' on the stage but some search engines will still index it if they crawl other links to it. As I expressed in the hangout, I am sorry the site is this far behind schedule and this far from completion. I am doing my best to both motivate and help Sci Fi Domain meet the obligation. Hopefully it is completed and moved to evergreencoin.org's root before indexing from search engines is an issue.

Again, thanks to all the participants! The next hangout will be November 26th at the same time, 17:00 GMT

Thanks - sorry I missed the hangout - I was busy shopping. I've taken a quick look at the new site, first impressions are good - but clearly in alpha state - as you mentioned - I'll post back with some more feedback in a couple of days (assuming I don't get time tomorrow) - got a busy couple of days ahead.

rishi2080

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:03:03 AM

Great update Steven.

And to our community: "For the upcoming EverGreenCoin (tm) website (portal) 2.0, we've worked hard to ask serious and practical questions about EGC in terms of what the EGC community may need from the portal and what the EGC cryptocurrency itself needs from a supporting website at this stage of its development in order to stimulate further innovation and growth."

The back end system of the new website is coming together with its many features, and we are getting close to inserting content that covers the many important and strategic messages to be conveyed in connection with EverGreenCoin Movement.

In the interests of Green Causes and greater EGC investment, sincerely,

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC
Wosterlee

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:09:22 AM

Great update Steven.

And to our community: "For the upcoming EverGreenCoin (tm) website (portal) 2.0, we've worked hard to ask serious and practical questions about EGC in terms of what the EGC community may need from the portal and what the EGC cryptocurrency itself needs from a supporting website at this stage of its development in order to stimulate further innovation and growth."

The back end system of the new website is coming together with its many features, and we are getting close to inserting content that covers the many important and strategic messages to be conveyed in connection with EverGreenCoin Movement.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC

http://stage.evergreencoin.org/
rishi2080

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:33:34 AM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC

ITS NOT WORKING NOW ? , WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLETELY LAUNCHED IN REPLACE OF OLD WEBSITE
starmman

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 09:48:42 AM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

MANY MONTHS PASSED AWAY , STILL WE CAN'T  FIND NEW WEBSITE , WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH EGC

ITS NOT WORKING NOW ? , WHEN IT WILL BE COMPLETELY LAUNCHED IN REPLACE OF OLD WEBSITE

The site is working for me - albeit a little slow - still seems to be very much in development. Better to wait until its ready to launch. Going live in its current state will be a very negative user experience.

drofxafm

Activity: 93

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 11:00:13 AM

These things take time, especially when trying to get something that looks good and works across a multitude of devices. It's usually much better to provide a completed project rather than a buggy half finished solution that drives potential newcomers away.

The team being paid to produce the new site are doing it at a significant discount and are adding a lot of new features. They also need to pay the bills so need to work on other projects to pay those bills. Running a business is not a cheap thing.

The same is true with the various other projects going on behind the scenes. At present I'm getting nothing for the hours of effort that have gone into the Solar Staker. Currently I'm doing it because I see a long term future in EGC.

As a side note, it would come across better if you don't use all capitals in your messages. Messages in all capitals are generally seen as shouting which never comes across well to those reading the message.
EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 02:46:34 PM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

The site is working for me - albeit a little slow - still seems to be very much in development. Better to wait until its ready to launch. Going live in its current state will be a very negative user experience.

In regards to the speed, the server was upgraded over two months ago in preparation of the new site. Of course, we do not want to spend additional funds on additional upgrades that are unjustifiable for a site that is not in production use. It will certainly be upgraded more when needed.

Sorry for the continued delays. I will see if I can get a representative from Science Fiction Computer Pty Ltd. to elaborate on them for us.

starmman

View Profile
November 01, 2016, 02:50:53 PM

Great update Steven.

David

Web Developer
www.evergreencoin.org
www.scifidomain.com

In regards to the speed, the server was upgraded over two months ago in preparation of the new site. Of course, we do not want to spend additional funds on additional upgrades that are unjustifiable for a site that is not in production use. It will certainly be upgraded more when needed.

Sorry for the continued delays. I will see if I can get a representative from Science Fiction Computer Pty Ltd. to elaborate on them for us.

The slow speed I'm reporting could be the firing up of a worker process since nobody is using the staging site. If I make multiple clicks after the first one, it seems to be a bit faster.

EverGreenCoin

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 05:45:43 AM

All are invited to join us on Telegram at http://telegram.me/EverGreenCoin

Presently with 46 members, it is a good place to share ideas and information. Hope to see you there!

crysx

Activity: 336

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2016, 07:28:00 AM

All are invited to join us on Telegram at http://telegram.me/EverGreenCoin

Presently with 46 members, it is a good place to share ideas and information. Hope to see you there!

no can do on linux and / or firefox ...

rebuilding the windows machine now - and prefer i NEVER have to use that garbage operating system ... BUT - that will only happen when developers will actually SUPPORT linux and free opensource software ...

paperwork almost finished ...

starting on the nodes after this ...

steven - let me know how you wish to prepare the code for this mate ... like i did with granite? ...

#crysx

ChainWorks Industries . grn - Ga2TFVPW3y2vd9vMdqLWfid9hf8RPSQV19 . exchange - https://bleutrade.com/exchange/GRN/BTC/ . email - crysx@gnxs.com .
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 213 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.