Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:51:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24223 times)
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:42:12 PM

Someone was buying BTC before this story broke.. then when it did they pushed a huge order through
to trigger a reaction from the BTC world.
the price of bitcoin increased/spiked roughly 2.5 hours after the story had broke....

there is a reasonable alternate conjecture - the private keys were fully entrusted to the other dude before he died, leaving Wright with no means of accessing the BTC1.1M.
I would find this unlikely. Especially considering the fact that as of when the other guy died the value of the 1.1M BTC was enormous and would have likely asked for backups of the keys and/or for backups to be made that would be accessible in the event of his friend's death. 
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:54:24 PM

the price of bitcoin increased/spiked roughly 2.5 hours after the story had broke....

@Quickseller
There is a 3hr difference in time zone alone from one end of Canada to the other.. close enough i say !

@Gleb Gamow
yeah maybe..

But i still contend that a large buy spike was a mighty huge coincidence on BTC-e
I also seen a ramp up of buys way before that too.. i have been trading BTC on BTC-E for years
and watched Pumps etc unfold on The WIZ ..if you look closely there was a surge in buys
that was meant to be hidden leading up to the big "dumb" buy order.

Why does someone need 2000 Bitcoins NOW ! ? (in one order-group pushing the price up costing YOU MONEY)
They don't..
That was just a ploy to trigger a reaction from us all.
A smart investor would have done what they were doing earlier.. keep buying smaller amounts for way cheaper for longer.

EDIT:
Maybe what i saw was a coincidence i don't know.
But someone would have to have a lot of faith to just jump in and buy 2k coins.. it smells to me ..CONSPIRACY !

FUD first & ask questions later™
FruitsBasket
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1017

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:57:16 PM

Why don't the admins look up the IP of satoshi and locate where he did login from, then U know where the real bitcoin developer came from.

fck@dt-alwayzz_newbz
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:59:07 PM

I want to remind you all that the News reports by Rueters, Wired etc
HAD to have been fed to them by a tipster.. so put that into context !
The person who tipped them off had all that collected up ?
The raid coincidence ?
And leaving that tidbit off info on the raid story about how the mail had piled up
and the garbage cans were still on the street for that address even though the neighbors had taken theirs in..
The person who tipped off the tech news web site TOLD them that.
The web site guys did not drive to the address and check the mail box + garbage cans LOL

Guys don't be low hanging fruit and be careful trading BTC right now please.

I think you're spot on spoetnik.
This whole thing seems to be a made up story.
Too many coincedences and nobody seemed to know that guy before.
And a Bitcoin bank does not fit to the real satoshi.I also believe that this was an attempt for a first class price maniulation.
Let's see what more news will reach us the next days and weeks.
This is better than cinema!Bucket full of popcorn right beside my keyboard. Grin
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:03:42 PM

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd
Check it out.... DUMP TIME !

FUD first & ask questions later™
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:05:27 PM

i remember you saying you can tell alot from the nonce. if you mean lack of difficulty to imply that there was only 1 miner for the majority of 2009. well that wont work because "difficulty" was only implemented in version 0.2 on december 16th and the first jump happened december 30th 2009. so before december 16th many people could mine at the same rate without any speedbumps ...which many did.

Browse through Sergio's blog. He has lots of great details into Satoshi's mining.

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/satoshi-s-fortune-a-more-accurate-figure/

Buy & Hold
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:18:34 PM

Theres no way its him, probably just a pull for media attention.

What good would media attention do ?

I don't suppose it's a coincidence we see a ramp up of buying BTC
leading up to a giant spike of 2,000 BTC (BTC-e Exchange) <-- anon exchange ?
Someone was buying BTC before this story broke.. then when it did they pushed a huge order through
to trigger a reaction from the BTC world.

This has all been carefully crafted to Pump & Dump Bitcoin.
If the BTC buyer at BTC-e alone dumps at $450 he would pull in about $100,000.00 usd Profit.
That is if i assume one group holds the BTC-e coin order of around 2,000 coins.
But if this was a coordinated effort it's likely they have coins spread around on various exchanges..
Just not on Cryptsy of course ROFL

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall a similar run-up when Darian Satoshi was claimed to be SN, thus setting a precedent for a subsequent run-up via a fake media campaign if that's what we're witnessing now. <post not meant as dis toward your research>
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:28:30 PM

Clearly an Hoax. Now, How many Satoshi's will we see coming out of the Dark? I guess this only serves to turn the story even spicier!
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:32:16 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall a similar run-up when Darian Satoshi was claimed to be SN, thus setting a precedent for a subsequent run-up via a fake media campaign if that's what we're witnessing now. <post not meant as dis toward your research>

An actual, verifiable and conclusive reveal of Satoshi would put the fear of god into the market.

The proposition that market rallied because of this news is bollocks.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4533

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:34:41 PM

Why don't the admins look up the IP of satoshi and locate where he did login from, then U know where the real bitcoin developer came from.

they did.. result=tor node

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 05:41:21 PM

An actual, verifiable and conclusive reveal of Satoshi would put the fear of god into the market.

The proposition that market rallied because of this news is bollocks.

I'm not sure which exchange led the run-up, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that they caused the uptick internally taking quasi-advantage of the recent news pertaining to Craig Wright.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:00:28 PM

i remember you saying you can tell alot from the nonce. if you mean lack of difficulty to imply that there was only 1 miner for the majority of 2009. well that wont work because "difficulty" was only implemented in version 0.2 on december 16th and the first jump happened december 30th 2009. so before december 16th many people could mine at the same rate without any speedbumps ...which many did.

Browse through Sergio's blog. He has lots of great details into Satoshi's mining.

https://bitslog.wordpress.com/2013/04/24/satoshi-s-fortune-a-more-accurate-figure/

Really informative, cheers for the link, would be really cool if this guy was Satoshi and in revealing himself watching the effect it would have upon Bitcoin. Maybe he will be here with a savior solution for all this block size drama. One can hope Smiley
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:01:36 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 08:48:01 PM by Mr Felt

Few things

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=317658.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=317658.900

Also, was it a pump? http://imgur.com/a/AmOTN.  - Some signal/symbol analysis and reading between the lines is critical  (i.e., pumping iron/lifting weights, note the post-work celebration picture in the background).  Keep in ming that "Watts" is an important name w/ this story.  

Watch for evidence here with this story, but also generally in crypto.  Look for evidence in the crypto communities on twitter and reddit that employs images/words/etc that suggestive of elfs (elves), alfs and unexpected alliances btw distributed and autonomous anti-u.s./rebel/extreme libertarian orgs (plus a huge need to shape the media and narrative (truth seekers, artists, affinity tactics).  Note the rebel imagery (starwars type stuff, confederate and other battle flags  (some w/ X shapes: Scotland, traditionalist radical catholic orgs - Pius X (https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/ideology/radical-traditional-catholicism)), resistance, beards, etc).

In the community widely, note patterns in occupations/trades (cleaners, plumbers, architects, photogs, movers, etc) and crafts (soap making, cameras, artistry generally) of friends and followers of folks you find interesting.  Note the prevalence of car (jeeps, drifting cars, etc) and motorcycle imagery ("cycle"), loops (including infinite ones), infinity symbols, the number and figure 8, number 1, prime, rabbits, red, green, egypt and its cities; pyramids and arc and arches and tent (triangles, generally); black and white stripes; rainbows; lions; wine; fertilizer; permaculture; nature; purple/pink flowers; beach/water scenes; sail boats (sail silhouettes = triangles); refugees; rasta; fractals; pig imagery; light/lighting,illumination,lumi; pot; vets (employment opps and charties for warriors); random/interesting fact sites/twitter feeds, etc.

Evidence will be in the form of repeated words/comments, pictures, notes, profile pics of friends, followers, background scenes, themes (hope), symbols (examples: hearts, crowns, kings, etc), name patterns, (ex: 'craig' is a hugely reoccurring name, along w/ some others - leo, lee, adam lambert (fanpages, think: Lambert the Gentle (moo)  Lion), con, kahn, davis, luke, evan, conner/connor)) and more. Patterns become obvious after a while. Generally, places you might be able to hide a message in plain sight.

This rabbit hole is possibly deep and wide.  Its chaotic and contradictory, there are cold trails.  A rebel alliance makes sense - only way to take down the death star/empire/u.s. (recall a recent libertarian article about destroying the death star not being bad for the inhabitants of the death star, dark wallets).  It would give some logic to resistance to mass adoption strategies - would draw too much attention to bad practices (scams, p & ds, etc) or have other outcomes these groups fight against (greed, possible envt problems w/ mining, capitalism, big data gathering, etc).  

EDIT:https://network23.org/dogecoin/2015/02/27/lee-leo-leigh-li-lion-lions-bitcoin/
moneyart

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:10:07 PM

I don't think he and his dead friend are "Satoshi Nakamoto". He is only seeking for attention. This is dangerous BTW. That means following:

Immediately after the story was out, police came and searched his house. Maybe the CIA will send him to Guantanamo to interrogate him and after years they will think: Wow this guy is tough, because he can't give them any useful information.  

This whole story is only about giving the mainstream media more attention and so people are starting to buy the oldfashioned "WIRED" magazine. That is so poor journalism.

No one will ever know who Satoshi Nakamoto is and that's good.

By the way we had a member in our local Bitcoin group who also insisted that he worked together with Satoshi Nakamoto. Total nonsense of course. I think a lot of local Bitcoin meetups have their: "I would like to be Satoshi..." but this is dangerous BTW.
iglasses
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:12:39 PM

This morning I was of the opinion "if he is, he is, good on him, carry on".   After reading a couple more articles and things about this guy I sincerely hope he isn't!

I always perceived Satoshi to be of a humble personality, Dr. Wright strikes me as anything but....just your typical academic with an ego too big for his shoes.

I find the thought of Satoshi crying and complaining that everyone loves his alternative persona more than the real him both laughable and ridiculous.  Just being Satoshi should be enough self-satisfaction even if no one ever knows it, otherwise all it serves is to feed ego and self-confidence issues.

Then there is the fact of potentially 1M BTC stashed away until 2020, which just convinces me more of that which I've said all along....that one day Satoshi could, and might, pull the rug from under us all.

If this guy really is Satoshi, he is not worthy of God status IMO, and someone needs to save our souls.

Standard head fake.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:14:29 PM

they did.. result=tor node

Exactly. Satoshi went to great lengths to maintain his anonymity. We won't find him putting his anonymity at risk by attending Bitcoin conferences.

Buy & Hold
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:26:21 PM

Then there is the fact of potentially 1M BTC stashed away until 2020, which just convinces me more of that which I've said all along....that one day Satoshi could, and might, pull the rug from under us all.

I don't follow. Satoshi's (arguably) 1.1M BTC is only ~7% of coins currently in existence. Blowing them out might tank the price down to near-zero -- for at least minutes. It'd be probably back to at least 50% value within a day, 75% within a month, and 200% within a year, as the market no longer would be factoring the possibility into EV. How exactly is that 'pulling the rug out'?

If this guy really is Satoshi, he is not worthy of God status IMO, and someone needs to save our souls.

If you expected Satoshi to be some sort of a god, then you really did not think this through.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:32:28 PM

http://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692
dloghwak

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:36:00 PM

No signed message no satoshi, as easy as that.
TibanneCat

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

BTC > etc

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:36:24 PM

I don't follow. Satoshi's (arguably) 1.1M BTC is only ~7% of coins currently in existence. Blowing them out might tank the price down to near-zero -- for at least minutes. It'd be probably back to at least 50% value within a day, 75% within a month, and 200% within a year, as the market no longer would be factoring the possibility into EV. How exactly is that 'pulling the rug out'?

The price would tank to near zero before even 1/3 of that stash is sold, considering all the existing buy orders.
That would deal a deadly blow to the market and recovery would be hard when people know that SN still has plenty of coins to dump

Satoshi seems like a very logical person and dumping his stash like that would be an extremely illogical decision. I can see him slowly selling off part of the coins, which wouldn't negatively impact the price
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: