Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:03:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
WilderX

Activity: 597
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 03:57:00 PM

ii. Wallets and Mining

• Simple GPU miner - A simple AMD GPU miner that connects to a local daemon will be available before launch. In the future, proper getblocktemplate functionality will be enabled and pool software will be made available.

Dear Decred Dev team,

Release is less than week away so when do we get the miner? You should let people test the miner somehow for a fair launch... You don't want that drama when half of OS X users are screwd etc. do you?[/list]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
    Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
    You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
    Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
    KhalDrago

Activity: 350
    Merit: 250

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 04:16:18 PM

Hi devs, any chance you can halt or slow down gpu/fpga farms centralising the mining from the start so regular miners get a fair chance?

Also can you post some tutorial about mining for dummies or something so beginning miners like me can get into it?

Cheers
    edmundduke
    Legendary

Activity: 1624
    Merit: 1007

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 04:31:18 PM

Hi devs, any chance you can halt or slow down gpu/fpga farms centralising the mining from the start so regular miners get a fair chance?

Also can you post some tutorial about mining for dummies or something so beginning miners like me can get into it?

Cheers

This could be a good addition. And as the above post say'd it would be good if the miner was out a bit earlier so the users can set up their machines and test that everything works. Decred should do everything to avoid as much launch drama as possible. Im guessing quite a few small miners want to give it a shot also.
    MickGhee
    Legendary

Activity: 1386
    Merit: 1000

Fucker of "the system"

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 04:45:33 PM

cool got my confirmation for airdrop..... now if i could get that interview...... Grin Roll Eyes

Last night, while you were sleeping. I fucked the system!
    .m.

Activity: 280
    Merit: 260

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 05:01:50 PM

Still no luck with the airdrop, probably my offer was not worthy Sad

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.msg13411482#msg13411482

███████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████
    █████████████████▐████
    ███████████████████████
    ████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████
    DECENT
    FOUNDATION

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██

██
    ██
    ██

[D]ecentralized application
    [E]liminated third parties
    [C]ontent distribution

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██

██
    ██
    ██

[E]ncrypted & secure
    [N]o borders
    [T]imeless reputation

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██

██
    ██
    ██

██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██
    ██

██
    ██
    ██

multicurrency

Activity: 76
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 05:10:18 PM

Check your spam folder.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITE  ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦  MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS   ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦   BITCOINTALK THREAD   ████
    _ingsoc

Activity: 452
    Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2016, 05:24:28 PM

Please accept my apologies for this. I completely missed your message. Can you send me a PM on the forum?

decred (OP)

Activity: 156
    Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2016, 05:33:58 PM

Release is less than week away so when do we get the miner? You should let people test the miner somehow for a fair launch... You don't want that drama when half of OS X users are screwd etc. do you?

This could be a good addition. And as the above post say'd it would be good if the miner was out a bit earlier so the users can set up their machines and test that everything works. Decred should do everything to avoid as much launch drama as possible. Im guessing quite a few small miners want to give it a shot also.

Testnet and miner binaries will be released a week prior to the launch of mainnet. This will be accompanied by miner specifications, so everyone can prepare adequately and get comfortable. Please do note that the current tentative date for launch is the 25th, but this may change on the basis of testing and development. The software will take precedence over dates, that's why they're tentative.
    edmundduke
    Legendary

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 06:15:23 PM

Release is less than week away so when do we get the miner? You should let people test the miner somehow for a fair launch... You don't want that drama when half of OS X users are screwd etc. do you?

Testnet and miner binaries will be released a week prior to the launch of mainnet. This will be accompanied by miner specifications, so everyone can prepare adequately and get comfortable. Please do note that the current tentative date for launch is the 25th, but this may change on the basis of testing and development. The software will take precedence over dates, that's why they're tentative.

Ah ok thank you for making that clear. I fully agree that the software and making sure everything works comes first, no need to rush anything. The one week period should give everyone plenty of time to set everything up and to get to know everything released.
    gaalx

Activity: 411

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 06:20:14 PM

on which exchanges going to work? which will lead?

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
    Merit: 1001

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 07:00:16 PM
    Last edit: January 11, 2016, 09:28:12 PM by rizzlarolla

I guess i best reply to this, then, so not to clog the thread disproportionally, I'll try to just watch a day or two.

There is no fundermental misunderstanding. I do not believe dcred an attack on bitcoin as such, more an attack on decentralisation/equality due to massive % of "total" dcreds held by c0 in 1 year. I don't think everything new is a threat, but then there is nothing new in (a company) trying to take such vast (potential)future profit/power. I appreciate any contribution to Bitcoin made by c0, past and future, thankyou. I understand no claim of perfect has been made, but (imo) the stake held by c0 will prevent any real, long term, growth (perfect). c0 will hold all the real mass profit.

I would not suggest anyone follow Bitcoin blindly, I always recommend research, as I would here. Funny how $82 can warp ones' oppinion though.

Who said Decred was worth anything?

I understand the value will be set by the market, not ones' opinion

If decred is "not worth anything", how will the devs earn a living?
    (devs paid in decred will need to sell to eat I presume)

p14 (270) beyondtext
    While I understand that you may feel 10% is too high a rate, as someone who has funded a lot of development work over the past 5 years, I disagree with your assessment.  At a 10% subsidy rate, the dev organization will accumulate approximately 302,000 decred during its first year.  If we assume the value of 1 decred averages to USD 1.00 over the first year, this means we'll have USD 302K to spend on development work.  This is a small amount of funding and can pay for 3-4 full time developers for 1 year, so if we went below 10% dev subsidy it would mean the project cannot fund itself unless its exchange rate is well over USD 1.00 per decred.

So, as we see, Beyondtext assumes $1 average in year 1.
    (presumably starting at $0.49, finishing the year at $1.50?)
    That presumption allows Beyondtext to pay 3-4 devs.

If in fact the price remains at, or lower, than $0.49, that only pays maybe 2 devs or less.

p25 488 ingsoc
    This begs the question though, and it's a serious one, what's the alternative for a new dev in the future? Work on Bitcoin and get paid nothing? Or work in a system where you get compensated for innovation and contributions that feed back into Bitcoin as well? I know that's biased, but

So when ingsoc says "new dev work BTC for free or work here for pay...."
    maybe only 1 dev need apply! Not so ground breaking.
    Edit, just noticed ingsoc does say "A new dev in future" - singular

(Also worth considering on this subject is that work will need doing, submitting, voting, implementing ect, before any payment?
    My point, it will be hard for any dev to plan/live of of this. A lot of risk of project rejection? Also the DHG is not an ideal entity for payment
    Edit. Also, if a lot of work is done by competing devs, but price doesn't rise, devs will go unpaid/underpaid. Equating to a massive risk dev work goes unrewarded/underrewarded when/if implemented, benefiting the "freeloader" not the dev. Same as Bitcoin?)

BTW I dont disagree with the 10% block reward to pay devs whatsoever. I quite like it.
    I am just wondering the impact this will make on the project, in relation to the 4% premine c0 hold impact on the project.

The scope of the 10% dev reward block can be changed over time. The premine cannot. It gives an immediate dominance to a company/single entity.

So, if the "accepted (Beyondtext) sustainable dev/price ratio" is (ie) 3-4 dev @ $1 average yr 1,
    then c0 really has 2x return on "up front invesrment cost" = 840k
    or, if the "accepted sustainable dev/price ratio" is (ie) 1-2 dev @ $0.49.
    then c0 really get 1x return on up front investment cost" = 420k
    So (to move on below) we need a consensus on how many devs are needed/expected/required? (I read 3-4 min? maybe not such a project if only supporting 1 dev?)
    Anyway, if the price does need to be higher (than 0.49) to support the expected dev numbers, this should be clearer.

So now the PoS yr1. c0 recieve ~ 450k coin, passively, for nothing other than they started this "controlled by all" project.
    That is another 2% of all decred coin produced, ever. And on it goes, year after year.(at least in the "good return" early years)
    c0 claim they only want their investment back, yet are rewarded, massively, thereafter.
    IMO, c0 PoS reward should be diverted to the dev fund. That would be fairer, (supporting devs more ect.) that is how this coin should be structured.

This is the usual massive profit/power model here.
    Wake up people, we've seen it all before.

I could really use $80 of BTC though....

Edit. And in immidiate response to my detailed, potentially productive, hard thought (though negative) analysis, two blinged up hero members step in to profit from the next p&d game.....   vvv   vvv   vvv

dbt1033
    Legendary

Activity: 1274
    Merit: 1000

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 07:25:05 PM

Anyone else as stoked as I am about buying all the airdrop dumps?

Got my btc locked and loaded
    edmundduke
    Legendary

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 08:04:07 PM

Anyone else as stoked as I am about buying all the airdrop dumps?

Got my btc locked and loaded

Yes, i was thinking the exact same thing. Many people who claim will dump it as soon as it hits an exchange, there is no question about that. We just need to set some low orders and wait for the bags to fill Tongue. Seems like pretty much guaranteed profit (well at least this is what the past has showed us what will happen)
    rizzlarolla

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 08:51:57 PM

Decred,

Why 5000 airdrop participants only?

What if there are 5059 GOOD applicants?
    What process do you have to eject 59 GOOD, (but not needed) applicants?

How many applicants do you have now?
    (this has been asked, but us lesser soles are not privvy too, in this equal to all project)

What effect will a lack of successful applicants have on the c0 centralisation effect, and PoS rewards, amongst other things?
    Under what circumstance will less than 5000 applicants be included in the airdrop?

How can the (presumed) 5000 successful applicant be verified by us to be real individuals?
    Do we have to trust you to tell us the truth on that?

All questions that would be asked of Bitcoins' governance?
    anders lokka

Activity: 700

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 09:25:50 PM

Decred,

(this has been asked, but us lesser soles are not privvy too, in this equal to all project)

What effect will a lack of successful applicants have on the c0 centralisation effect, and PoS rewards, amongst other things?
    Under what circumstance will less than 5000 applicants be included in the airdrop?

How can the (presumed) 5000 successful applicant be verified by us to be real individuals?

This is until now the "hidden stuff" about decred. Airdrop.
    Devs seems responding to all question very quick with very succesful answers.

But, but, but, every times community asking about partecipants number they always answers in differents ways without real numbers.

I would like to think that reaching 5k real user with proven skils is impossible.

But,here community is asking how many partecipants so far have been applied to airdrop, so,why devs never give us a number about that?

You surely hot a DB with all email inserted, so, please open that db and give to community a number up to now.

I think is a very easy stuff that will take 1 minute to do it.

am i wrong?

By the way i'm not worried about that. Premine address is public like the 10%, so, i'm sure that dev will not sell a single decred for first year at least, since they are going to say that value after first year will reach 1 usd each at least.

Which dev is going to sell coins at low price when they know that value will encrease over years?

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
    NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
    multicurrency

Activity: 76
    Merit: 10

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 09:35:33 PM

Will sources be released when the airdrop goes live?

████ ★ BREAKOUT COINWEBSITE  ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦  MULTICURRENCY SMART CONTRACTS + SIDECHAINS   ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦   BITCOINTALK THREAD   ████
    rizzlarolla

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 09:36:31 PM

Decred,

Looks like TRUST is introduced?

This is until now the "hidden stuff" about decred. Airdrop.
    Devs seems responding to all question very quick with very succesful answers.

But, but, but, every times community asking about partecipants number they always answers in differents ways without real numbers.

I would like to think that reaching 5k real user with proven skils is impossible.

But,here community is asking how many partecipants so far have been applied to airdrop, so,why devs never give us a number about that?

You surely hot a DB with all email inserted, so, please open that db and give to community a number up to now.

I think is a very easy stuff that will take 1 minute to do it.

am i wrong?

By the way i'm not worried about that. Premine address is public like the 10%, so, i'm sure that dev will not sell a single decred for first year at least, since they are going to say that value after first year will reach 1 usd each at least.

Which dev is going to sell coins at low price when they know that value will encrease over years?

Look's like TRUST is introduced?
    iCEBREAKER
    Legendary

Activity: 2156
    Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2016, 09:59:45 PM

You're demonstrating a very good point against airdrops, which is that the Free Shit Army is never satisfied with some free shit and always want MOAR.   Wink

5000 is a huge number of people for a tiny volunteer group to manually verify and support.

They've obviously taken pains to hand-hold the 1% of applicants who require 99% of the individual attention.  Mother Teresa has nothing on these Saints!   Tongue

There has to be a limit, and 5000 is sufficiently large to get a diverse group bringing all manner of skills/knowledge/connections to the table.

By definition, the first 5000 accepted applicants are GOOD and the late-comers are BAD.  There is a point of diminishing/negative marginal return.

Everyone had plenty of time over the winter holidays to find out about XDC and apply.

If you missed the airdrop, sell some crappy soon-to-be-obsolete PoS coins like DASH and ShadowCash, then get ready to buy the dump!

██████████
    █████████████████
    ██████████████████████
    █████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
    ████
    ████████████████████████
    █████
    ███████████████████████████
    █████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    ██████
    █████
    █████████████
    ██████████████
    █████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████
    █████████████████
    ██████████

Monero
    "The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
    whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
    David Chaum 1996
    "Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
    Buy and sell XMR near you
    P2P Exchange Network
    Buy XMR with fiat
    Is Dash a scam?
    msfeg

Activity: 155
    Merit: 100

View Profile
    January 11, 2016, 09:59:58 PM

website offline?  
    https://decred.org/
    jcv

Activity: 34
    Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
    January 11, 2016, 10:02:13 PM

website offline?  
    https://decred.org/

The website is up for me.  If it is still down for you, pm me or _ingsoc and we can bug our admin about it.
    Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 555 »
      Print  

Jump to: