Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:41:05 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201105 times)
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:51:06 PM

Is there any wallet available for Windows like bitcoin core or electrum Huh
Decred isn't launched yet. Till now the airdrop took place, and for confirmation you had to create an address but not in a wallet. The wallet will be released in the near future

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 02:18:41 PM

Decred isn't launched yet. Till now the airdrop took place, and for confirmation you had to create an address but not in a wallet. The wallet will be released in the near future
I have registered for the airdrop many days ago after following instructions from the website.

BTW so we have to keep our seed and address safe for future transactions Huh Am i rght Huh

freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:22:48 PM

Yes @aakashsangwan. Wait until next Monday, that day we will have more news about the airdrop and testnet.
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:38:59 PM

What is the Ticker status with Decred?? Is Decred going to go ahead and use DCR which was already in use by Deltacredits or is the ticker gonna be changed?? DCRD is good!!?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
DASHking

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 02:54:33 PM

I have registered for the airdrop many days ago after following instructions from the website.

BTW so we have to keep our seed and address safe for future transactions Huh Am i rght Huh

tisc tisc... full member ... btc community...  Roll Eyes
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:07:15 PM

^ yet all glebs newbie accounts got through?

Anyway, no evaluation of my previous figures? (except sam b)
This is how it looks to me.

c0 value their input to date at $420,000, valuing decred @ $0.49. Then proceed to say the decred project will not be viable at less than $1 per decred which values their payment at $840,000.

So c0 are profiting 100% on their input.

Then c0 collect 50% of all PoS (15% of all blocks), another 100% profit ($450,000) on original input in year one.

decred dev fund starts with nothing.
The dev fund collects 10% of all block. (5% Less than c0 get from each block)
The dev fund receive very little or no PoS. (as they start at zero holding)

c0 earning are not committed to decred.
c0 can do as they wish with this profit.
decred could have just had a 25% dev block reward?

This coin is primarily for c0 to profit.
The dev funding aspect is very much secondary.

This is my only concern with decred is the fact that as i understand it
C0 premine is not primarily for paying devs.
what if the value of decred falls below $0.49 ?? the subsidy will not be enough.
also the C0 holdings massively inflate Decred's supply this deflates the value for each DCR/XDC/DRCD
and it also makes investors worry considering the massive supply in one hand and the fact that for a while
POS will be harder for the average staker.

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
davien

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:11:10 PM

Can i not give a fuck about the vetting process
so what if people got multiple times
it just means cheaper decred at the exchanges for us
why you people complain so much ??

Because this is Bitcointalk and this is the internet.

Complain about all the things!   Angry
There are 2 kind of people around here. Those who complain and those who complain about complainers.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 03:26:18 PM

tisc tisc... full member ... btc community...  Roll Eyes
I was not sure of keeping the address safe.
But as far as seed is concerned, I very well know to keep it safe.
BTW resolving our doubts isn't any bad thing............    NEWBIE  Cool

rizzlarolla

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:27:46 PM

c0 value their input to date at $420,000, valuing decred @ $0.49. Then proceed to say the decred project will not be viable at less than $1 per decred which values their payment at $840,000.

Then c0 collect 50% of all PoS (15% of all blocks), another 100% profit ($450,000) on original input in year one.

what if the value of decred falls below $0.49 ?? the subsidy will not be enough.
also the C0 holdings massively inflate Decred's supply this deflates the value for each DCR/XDC/DRCD
and it also makes investors worry considering the massive supply in one hand and the fact that for a while

Even the boss (Beyondtext) said " the project cannot fund itself unless its exchange rate is well over USD 1.00 per decred."
So as I try to explain $0.49 is far to little to fund this project.

Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:30:24 PM

Even the boss (Beyondtext) said " the project cannot fund itself unless its exchange rate is well over USD 1.00 per decred."
So as I try to explain $0.49 is far to little to fund this project.

Exactly...
unless there's more info we're not getting as to the use of the funds

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
rizzlarolla

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 03:48:36 PM

^ So if decred price needs to be "well over $1.00" why is c0 pald at $0.49? (giving 2 or 3 times input value of $420K?)
"well over $1" is what $1.50, or $2.00 maybe?

What if decred is still $0.49 at end yr 1. devs will go unpaid/underpaid for work done?
Or will work not start for quite a while (a year for example) until the dev fund has grown and can be valued? (it is zero at launch)

_ingsoc

Activity: 452
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 03:48:47 PM

Exactly... unless there's more info we're not getting as to the use of the funds

What he is referring to is a misrepresentation and presented as a quote throughout his posts, when it is not a true quote at all. I only present this here because his quote is false - not to engage in destructive arguments. Here is what was actually said:

While I understand that you may feel 10% is too high a rate, as someone who has funded a lot of development work over the past 5 years, I disagree with your assessment.  At a 10% subsidy rate, the dev organization will accumulate approximately 302,000 decred during its first year.  If we assume the value of 1 decred averages to USD 1.00 over the first year, this means we'll have USD 302K to spend on development work.  This is a small amount of funding and can pay for 3-4 full time developers for 1 year, so if we went below 10% dev subsidy it would mean the project cannot fund itself unless its exchange rate is well over USD 1.00 per decred.

The 4% of the premine was paid for in USD, BTC and labor by Company 0 and its developers.  Unlike other projects, we did not push the risk of failure onto the community by asking them to fund the work.  We have made an effort to lead with our deliverables in a niche where there is lots of vaporware and questionable offerings.  As our btcsuite work shows, this work has been going on for years, even without any funding except from me.

What is presented here is a scenario with a dev subsidy of 10%, as it is now, and a hypothetical value of USD 1.00 per decred, under which the project can pay for 3-4 full-time developers. He said if the subsidy was lower than 10%, which it is not, problems could occur in funding development work in a sustainable way. If you read it, that's what it explains.

rizzlarolla

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:04:27 PM

I also asked "So we need a consensus on how many devs are needed/expected/required? (I read 3-4 min? maybe not such a project if only supporting 1 dev?)"

@ $0.49 this project can support 1or 2 devs. (are c0 devs also competing for this work?)

Yes, "if it was lower than 10% block subsidy, which it is not." But price dictates that calculation.
10% block subsidy only works on a decred price "well over $1.00" - Beyondtext.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:17:59 PM

just your private key and your address. Nothing else is needed.

If you have your seed you can derive anything else you need.
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:44:42 PM

@aakashsangwan you only need the seed. When the wallet is launched you can import the keys and you'll have the address you generated.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:03:37 PM

the official forum already has more then 1000 members.
There is a decred's facebook group with around 350 investors just in my country, most of them participated in airdrop and few are bctalk members or official forum members.
No one of us will sell our coins from airdrop. We will buy more  Wink

You don't have to be a douchetaco about it. Yes, there is apparently 1,023 members of the official forum controlled by the dev team; it would probably be completely impossible for them to inflate the number of users by changing a number in a database, right? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out that there is no transparency in the process.

I submit that you are the douchetaco here, specifically because of your "completely impossible for them to inflate the number of users by changing a number in a database" sarcasm and generally because of your insistence on making perfect the enemy of good enough.

If you know how to do an airdrop better than decred, why didn't you volunteer to help them, instead of Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

Sounds like somebody is grumpy about missing out on the free XDC falling from the sky.   Grin

If the airdrop was bungled as badly as you imply, you should have no trouble gobbling up some of the coins about to be dumped by fake participants.   Cool

You're right, I was probably a bit douchey in that reply (perhaps made after one or more adult beverages), but I'm not insisting on perfection - I'm not demanding anything, and I'm certainly not complaining. I was just curious as to how the airdrop process could be verified by the general public (apparently it's completely unverifiable since the list won't be made public). I don't remember agreeing to any terms & conditions when signing up for the airdrop (though it's entirely possible that I clicked right through them), so I don't think there is any legally binding reason why the social media identities couldn't be disclosed, but that's the developers choice.
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 05:38:25 PM

the official forum already has more then 1000 members.
There is a decred's facebook group with around 350 investors just in my country, most of them participated in airdrop and few are bctalk members or official forum members.
No one of us will sell our coins from airdrop. We will buy more  Wink

You don't have to be a douchetaco about it. Yes, there is apparently 1,023 members of the official forum controlled by the dev team; it would probably be completely impossible for them to inflate the number of users by changing a number in a database, right? I'm not accusing anyone of anything, just pointing out that there is no transparency in the process.

I submit that you are the douchetaco here, specifically because of your "completely impossible for them to inflate the number of users by changing a number in a database" sarcasm and generally because of your insistence on making perfect the enemy of good enough.

If you know how to do an airdrop better than decred, why didn't you volunteer to help them, instead of Monday Morning Quarterbacking?

Sounds like somebody is grumpy about missing out on the free XDC falling from the sky.   Grin

If the airdrop was bungled as badly as you imply, you should have no trouble gobbling up some of the coins about to be dumped by fake participants.   Cool

You're right, I was probably a bit douchey in that reply (perhaps made after one or more adult beverages), but I'm not insisting on perfection - I'm not demanding anything, and I'm certainly not complaining. I was just curious as to how the airdrop process could be verified by the general public (apparently it's completely unverifiable since the list won't be made public). I don't remember agreeing to any terms & conditions when signing up for the airdrop (though it's entirely possible that I clicked right through them), so I don't think there is any legally binding reason why the social media identities couldn't be disclosed, but that's the developers choice.

There was something and you did exactly that Grin
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2016, 07:27:38 PM

66% needed for consensus.
66% = consensus Huh

BTW: Are you "Sam", the "Office Manager" of Company 0?

No i am just a community member and not related to c0 in any way. I read it somewhere that devs want to reduce voting win % to 66% because with requirement of 95% + bitcoin is having hard time going anywhere. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks! 66% sounds ridiculously low because a 66% majority is far from consensus...

I'd be interested in a link to that "66%" source. Thanks!

edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 09:15:07 PM

I understand the speculation behind the price is needed but it is really hard to know how big the community will be behind the coin and how much support will be shown. The ideas are there, if the wallet is easy enough to use and development goes as planned then it is possible Decred could take a spot among on of the big coins. Something on the level of Dash could be really good but it will take a lot of work to get there.
Maicol792
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 11:00:32 PM

Hello for Asus nvidia 920M notebook series Anyone have tested it? I have try whit ccminer and i have only 60MH ... :-( is normal value for this GPU? Thanks
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: