Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:17:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
Herressy

Activity: 361
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:01:03 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Holding gold is not profitable but if you hold your bitcoin like for a short tine then sell it when the value is very high i think its more good than holding gold then buy when the price of bitcoin is low  we all know that bitcoin is a high risk but we should need to believe in bitcoin.
Yeah i agree, i must choose to hold bitcoin than gold. Because in a year for sure i will get huge profit on it. We can get profit in gold but unlike bitcoin that we can get bigger profit of we hold.
Konco126

Activity: 295
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:24:37 AM

I think from the beginning until now there are still many people who holding gold compared with holding btc. Because popular gold is longer than btc. indeed btc is currently popular and the price is much higher than gold. But still more people are holding gold than btc, Because there are still many people who don't know about btc.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 03:26:23 AM

Holding of gold is not practical because it increases it's value for a long time. Not like bitcoin wherein you can see the increase or decrease of value in just a short period of time.
MainIbem

Activity: 1358
Merit: 390

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:23:21 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Hindsight gave me a broad smile as I read your question. Gold is gold. Its value grows with time. The risk of gold diminishing is very rear therefore the risk premium is low. However, bitcoin is investment with very high risk so the premium is very high.

If anyone saw the future of bitcoin as it is now, he, she would sell all his/ her gold and go for bitcoin. For me, I will keep more gold than bitcoin.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

repsol

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 04:39:03 AM

holding gold and bitcoin satma-equally profitable, because both of them equally I call the asset, if compared to hold bitcoin and gold hence the advantage of larger bitcoin, but gold has a more stable price superiority of bitcoin

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                   
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
christina30

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:50:58 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

Will if i choice holding bitcoin or gold i rather choice bitcoin.It is true that gold is also growing but gold grow so slow not like bitcoin every day bitcoin currency moving high and low.Gold didnt price go down but low additional price while bitcoin got low price and high price but huge profit if its on high price not like gold
terrenceschroeder

Activity: 378

I am a fan of Deeponion

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:48:11 AM

Why would you hold a shiny rock over stake in a new technology already integrated with several platforms across the globe?

▰   SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   ▰
■▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬■
Github   -   Discord   -   Twitter   -   Telegram   -   Get Free Airdrop Now!
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:01:38 PM

Why would you hold a shiny rock over stake in a new technology already integrated with several platforms across the globe?
That's right mate, bitcoin has the real use compared to gold and although only few people have already known about bitcoin
but eventually in the future this will become popular and when the demand increases the value will follow.
We have to believe that it will change the financial system if we are investing with bitcoin because the ride is long and we have to be strong to survive.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 10:53:54 PM

We need to understand difference between investment and safety: bitcoin is a fantastic investment, at least in this moment,  but when we talk about safety gold is still the best asset.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 10:54:50 AM

Bitcoin is subject to much more volatility than gold. But over the long run, given the fact that no new bitcoins will be mined after the 21-millionth, we can expect it to ultimately serve as a better store of value than gold.
I know some people will say things like Bitcoin is highly volatile and that we may lose money, but I say that’s funny. I wouldn’t hold gold cause it makes no sense and is totally a waste of my time, cause the price is always steady. But as for Bitcoin, it is highly volatile and keeps on fluctuating. You never know how much you may earn, same as how much you may lose.
ferdaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:42:20 PM

BTC Hold is more profitable than Gold Holding.The review of the past few years clearly seen that the value of Bitcoin has increased greatly in comparison to gold.
Pejoh Asu

Activity: 1484
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:25:17 PM

I think holding bitcoin is more profitable than holding gold, as it did in 2017 that the rise in bitcoin prices has reached above 1000% while the increase in gold is not more than 20%.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

onemoretime8520

Activity: 265

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 11:43:13 PM

Holding of btc since 3 years have been more profitable compared with gold but as well as more risky cuz it`s future is in question in every single day.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 01:24:05 AM

it still takes a long time to be able to equate bitcoin users to be like a golden user, because we know that gold users almost all walks of life it became its users but different from bitcoin users until now still in the upper middle class and for those who know the internet world
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:09:16 AM

Holding bitcoin is way better than holding gold because bitcoin is more valuable and profitable.
Last year, the bitcoin price went from $952 to $20,000 all in one year, gaining up to 2000% increase in value all based on pure profits. 
shesheboy

Activity: 714
Merit: 114

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:22:38 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Holding bitcoin is way better than holding gold because bitcoin is more valuable and profitable.
Last year, the bitcoin price went from $952 to $20,000 all in one year, gaining up to 2000% increase in value all based on pure profits.  

holding a gold is still the best because gold is more trusted and legit ever since a long time until now. gold has also a physical form and you can actually see and hold it but bitcoin dont have these traits. although the advantage of bitcoin is that it is more profitable than gold or any other forms of invstment out there. overall  i still prefer to hold a gold and a bitcoin at the same time for a much better profit because if bitcoin fails or pops like a bubble then i still have a gold as my long term stable investment.
Morgann

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:25:57 AM

for me i rather hold bitcoin than gold because bitcoin price has lot of potential compare to price of gold and lot of people will recommend bitcoin than gold because it is very unique and it can use easily in different ways.
izzabel

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:47:32 AM

It is a cultural thing to buy and hold gold in India really? I didn't know that.
I choosed holding bitcoin.  Because is for everyone even if you are not rich.  Important you know about bitcoin industry.
kurt1212

Activity: 91
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 03:55:30 AM

It is a cultural thing to buy and hold gold in India really? I didn't know that.
Better choosed holding btc because bitcoin is for everyone. 
Farhan786

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:50:51 AM

Better to hold bitcoin than gold. I really don't understand people who are choosing gold to invest what they are doing on this forum, we are talking about short-term benefits and the only bitcoin can offer us that and not gold.I really think that the bitcoin is better.
Pages: « 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 [79] 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: