Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:37:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62730 times)
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:43:38 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

I'd prefer to store bitcoin rather than gold. Yes bitcoin has a high value also but it is hard to earn. But in bitcoin it is easy to earn because it came from technology and it has a huge value also. Aside from that bitcoin is not hassle to store because if you want to exchange it you can exchange it through internet. But in gold, you need to find a shop or store to exchange your gold into money.

Gold is an asset if the value may go down, but we will have gold in our hand, and we can use it. But bitcoins are not like that it is a digital currency suppose if the bitcoin value come to zero then nothing will have in your hand. I know the bitcoin value will not go zero but just think about it. For me holding gold and bitcoin, both are different.
Xampeuu

Activity: 1442
Merit: 116

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:47:25 PM

Bitcoin holders gain huge profits than gold. Because bitcoin is 'something' that has a drastic growth both in terms of users at once in terms of value. While in gold, its value runs very slowly.

GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:52:57 PM

Bitcoin holders gain huge profits than gold. Because bitcoin is 'something' that has a drastic growth both in terms of users at once in terms of value. While in gold, its value runs very slowly.

its value runs slowly because these is a firm, established basis of valuation. we can all agree on how useful gold is, across the various disciplines that actually use gold as a material. bitcoin doesnt have any kind of basis at all, much yet a firm one. why is a bitcoin worth up to 5k USD? Nothing significant has changed about the protocol except a few more people have adopted, and there is more liquidity now. this volatility, while rewarding, is the reason why bitcoin is not more widely adopted. you cant store truly long term value in something like this; there is no stable promise of a future.
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 07:42:12 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
it is actually more advantageous to hold the bitcoin than to hold the gold, because the total gold supply is very abundant while the total supply bitcoin is very limited. that's what makes bitcoin fast rise in price than gold.
I will second your thought about bitcoins and gold. We all know that at present bitcoins are much better than gold as an investment. Many people are leaving gold and working hard to buy bitcoins or earn them for secure future which is not possible with gold. It is not just supply, many other factors also give bitcoins an edge over gold.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:06:24 AM

it is actually more advantageous to hold the bitcoin than to hold the gold, because the total gold supply is very abundant while the total supply bitcoin is very limited. that's what makes bitcoin fast rise in price than gold.
I will second your thought about bitcoins and gold. We all know that at present bitcoins are much better than gold as an investment. Many people are leaving gold and working hard to buy bitcoins or earn them for secure future which is not possible with gold. It is not just supply, many other factors also give bitcoins an edge over gold.
Me, If I am lucky enough to hold both then why not? Gold is of course a very safe asset because it is tangible in which you can hold it or wear it. Though it has lesser value than bitcoin but you are also quite sure that it could last forever and that the price will still continue to rise as the years go by. On the other hand, bitcoin is good to hold too because as we all know we can gain more profit from it because of its rising value however, it is intangible and we will never know what future holds either it could last or not. Both has its own advantages and disadvantages so I'd rather have it both. Smiley
mikchail

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:59:33 PM

I even now have faith in holding bitcoin will give a lot more earnings. The gold moving so slowly and gradually that it created me truly feel free of charge to proceed to acquire gold. Instead I sell my gold to get bitcoin.
sic57005

Activity: 182

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:15:16 PM

Holding gold for me sounds pretty useless. It's regulated to even slightly more profit than usual bank holdings and even shares of top IT companies do more profit. Stability it's just a word for me.
dead_m92

Activity: 650
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:49:31 PM

Holding gold is safe if someday the usd market crash. Dollar is the strongest currency on the world, but nobody knows if someday it is going to crash or not, and that is why gold made more than 20% in the last three years. but there is too much difference with bitcoin, because they are different things, one is physical, and the other is digital, so they are different concepts, but obviously bitcoin is giving more profits than gold.

███
             █████████
          ███████████████
        ███████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████████████████
       █████████▀▀▀▀▀██████
    █████████▀        █████████
 ███████████▌  ▄████▄▄████████████
████████████▌  ████████████████████
█████████████   ▀▀▀▀  █████████████
██████████████▄▄     ▄█████████████
███████████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████████
    █████████         █████████
       ███               ███

WhitePaper
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

faceoff97

Activity: 644
Merit: 113

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:05:34 PM
Last edit: September 30, 2017, 04:23:50 AM by faceoff97

Gold and bitcoin are both means of storing money which allows us to secure what we have. The difference is that one is virtual and other is physical. Golds are mostly hold by the people who are above
 the middle class, instead of investing it somewhere they believe that the there is future for their wealth storing it in Gold. So I think, the number of people probablt using it is most likely same with the number of rich people in your country. Compared to bitcoin, anyone can hold it just having an intrrnet access and what ever amount of capital. Well, Gold is still unbeaten, but bitcoin users are getting more in number each day.
Black Angel

Activity: 574
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:08:43 AM

Holding gold is safe if someday the usd market crash. Dollar is the strongest currency on the world, but nobody knows if someday it is going to crash or not, and that is why gold made more than 20% in the last three years. but there is too much difference with bitcoin, because they are different things, one is physical, and the other is digital, so they are different concepts, but obviously bitcoin is giving more profits than gold.

Yes it is true and we don't have to worry about the price because it is more stable and tested thousands of years, gold could be acceptable to all people around the world and gold received official State.
samputin

Activity: 1036
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 02:59:15 AM

I dont think how it bitcoin holders is greater than gold holders..but in my opinion i think now adays the bitcoin miners was pumping and pumping than gold miners because nowadays the price of bitcoins is still increasing. While mining of gold is very endangered and little by little decreasing. But ofcourse in the sense of safetiness holding gold is safer than holding bitcoin because it has a stable  value for a long time u like the value of bitcoin very volatile.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
Shutup

Activity: 588

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 06:58:59 AM

Holding gold is good as time goes by gold value is increasing.But income its better to hold bitcoin this time because on its volatility value.You can have it 10 times value or more when bitcoin price is going up.The goodness of holding bitcoin is your bitcoin can multiply.Your earnings in bitcoin depends on how much is the price of per bitcoin.But all I know now is bitcoin is the easiest way now to be a millionaire just wait for your turn.
Milo_Kidd

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:31:22 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

Holding btc is more valuable than gold .
Bitcoin prices can anytime go to top level and easily you can sell or buy it with more comfort and ease than gold.
Also gold is very old and not more appreciated by people now. Modern technology uses modern things.

Of course it is. Bitcoin is just starting up and it is still trying to find its correct price. Gold has already stabilised in price, so you won't earn much if you invest in gold now.

And it is much easier to hold bitcoin than gold. Because comparing the two physicak and digital money. In bitcoin you can manage directly even if the price is always changing. While gold for me is just as potential. I mean not like bitcoin that you can manage to trade in its higher price as easy as 123.

DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 08:44:53 AM

Both gold and Bitcoin have their own separate advantages. Holdings of gold are really stable and you can be sure that the value of your holding will only go up. In case of Bitcoin, the value of your holdings will grow with a tremendous growth rate   you should invest in both of them.
Ajan08

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 30, 2017, 12:13:59 PM

If something like this were to happen again, would you be safer holding gold or bitcoin? In one sense, it doesn't really matter. If the government wanted to take your gold or your bitcoins, and you resisted, you'd be a lawbreaker in any case. But if you're determined to thwart the government, it's probably a bit easier to do it with gold than with bitcoin. Sure, there are ways to buy bitcoin so that your identity is not traceable via the bitcoin blockchain, but it's more complicated than buying small amounts of gold with cash at a coin show and not reporting it to the government.
Bitcoin is likely more useful in less dire situations, like if you're a citizen of a country with a repressive or irresponsible government but you still have regular access to the Internet. Bitcoin has surged in popularity in places like Argentina, for instance, precisely because the currency there has been mismanaged and the Argentine economy suffers from chronic inflation. In a situation such as this, bitcoin is a better alternative than gold because owning real, physical gold is expensive to store and transport, while spending and storing bitcoin is effectively costless.
Baehr123456789

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 04:12:59 AM

You can get Bitcoin by exploiting them or exchanging on trading floors in conventional currencies. The value of Bitcoin lies in its properties. Like a conventional currency, it is a medium of exchange, a unit of calculation, and a place of value. Gold is clearly a unit of calculations. It is measured and valuable compared to all the currencies we use everyday. Gold is a medium of exchange. Gold is a core element of the central bank's reserve assets. Gold is still appreciated in the global trading environment, especially in times of crisis. This was Iran, Greece, Venezuela demonstrated using to pay for the debt.
zzSunZZ

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:36:03 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 05:35:19 PM by zzSunZZ

I wonder if bitcoin and other digital currencies are actually worth this much or if we are just in an insane half a year bubble? I think the answer is the technology is worth more than gold or traditional currencies because the processing speed is ~10 minutes or less. Modern technology always has the advantage then classical. But maybe not as much as its currently valued.With these features: Decentralised, limited supply, borderless, low fee, censorship resistant, secure, trustless, pseudonym, portable, scalable, programmable, irreversible transactions, impossible to counterfeit.  I will chose holding btc.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
October 01, 2017, 05:56:40 AM

I wonder if bitcoin and other digital currencies are actually worth this much or if we are just in an insane half a year bubble? I think the answer is the technology is worth more than gold or traditional currencies because the processing speed is ~10 minutes or less. But maybe not as much as its currently valued. Decentralised, limited supply, borderless, low fee, censorship resistant, secure, trustless, pseudonym, portable, scalable, programmable, irreversible transactions, impossible to counterfeit. Shouldn't money we spend be like this.
Those characteristics that you said are the reason why bitcoin cost this much and that is why a lot of people are now into investing in bitcoin because they know the potential of bitcoin that it can go up to $10,000 in the future without any difficulty. Bitcoin will always be the best among the current investment vehicles and other cryptocurrency because of its solid system.
aencarnaci

Activity: 448
Merit: 281

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:46:45 AM

Are you including central banks etc.

In countries like India its cultural to hold.

Bitcoin is a drop in the ocean compared to market cap of gold.

Of course your statement was made in 2015 so I am sure you will agree it cannot be compared to a drop in the ocean anymore. However, we are getting closer even though we arent there yet. If I am correct gold has a market cap of over $7trillion compared to $59billion of bitcoin but bitcoin has seen more growth over the years than gold.
ronafurw

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:25:41 AM

I would always choose to hold gold instead of bitcoin. Gold's value is and always will increase, slowly but steadily. Bitcoin values is fluctuating.

I can't agree fully. Gold always had a value, since there was human kind, but it's not true that price of the gold is always increasing. It has its ups and downs like every other good and I remember some time about two years ago when gold price was realy down.
My choice is Bitcoin because I find it more profitable and more convenient but I admit it's risky choice.

Yup my choice is also Bitcoin for some certain reason like decentralized, more convenient to hold, and much profitable if you are smart enough to analyze the trend and its value before you sell. Possessing Gold could be easily robbed by somebody planning for bad intentions, and its value took more years to yield good interest.
There is much more security keeping gold. However, bitcoin will definitely give much more value from what we have seen so far in ROI than gold if compared as investment.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: