Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:03:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62725 times)
Sasha Grey

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:05:25 PM

Although bitcoin prices continue to rise and are very profitable, but I recommend to keep gold as a second investment after bitcoin, this is because the gold price is stable and never drop like bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coinkhoj

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 05:11:16 PM

Since 7 years i didn't see any high price change in gold and it is still in the same position, but btc is up up and up
stevano

Activity: 423
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:06:38 PM

It will be high hope if we think bitcoin will be like gold or it will be treated as gold. Only techguy and programmers all over the world know about bitcoin and knows how it is profitable to store bitcoin in future. But for small farmer or the housewife who like to get some jewellery on hand will never shift towards bitcoin as bitcoin doesn't have any physical value.

yes very true, bitcoin has no physical value but has a selling value so the price is relatively unstable in contrast to the gold that the price is quite stable, it all depends on the needs of its own users, because it all has, each function
DIMKAZDS

Activity: 704
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:17:09 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Even though bitcoin has defeated gold in terms of price but still gold is more valuable and I would personally prefer holdings of gold versus holdings of bitcoin any day any time since firstly, gold is way more popular than bitcoin among the people. Because of which there are more gold users than bitcoin. Gold is a precious metal and has physical entity whereas bitcoin is a digital currency. Then value of gold is stable and does not fluctuate whereas bitcoin’s value fluctuate a lot. Then gold is centralised as compared to bitcoin which’s decentralised.
fxbit

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 06:22:08 PM

Gold/Silver should go up in price like bitcoin was but unlike bitcoin Gold/Silver is heavily manipulated by large bank, they pretty much dominate the Gold/Silver market and they dictate the price, otherwise you should be ok by holding just Gold/Silver only

I'M GOD'S #1 SERVANT
1MGod1NYS3J8GULqdV67WCdiHVHa3Jts7N
rausvi15

Activity: 806
Merit: 507

Trusted Campaign manager

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:11:00 AM

Gold and bitcoin are two completely different products. Many are comparing the two, because they want Bitcoin to fill some of the role that gold is filling today. Right now that is not really possible, as the differences in volatility are too high. When Bitcoin's volatility calms down it might open up for bigger investors (like institutions) to join the party, but for now it's only for the risk willing or neutral investors.
World is developing very fast and with time everything is changing just like that keeping gold is the fashion of old time. People were used gold in past for investment etc but now the world develop and now the bitcoin is come to the world which is so fast in increasing value and high rated and is easy to invest and earn. So bitcoin is best than gold nowadays.

Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:27:31 AM

It will be high hope if we think bitcoin will be like gold or it will be treated as gold. Only techguy and programmers all over the world know about bitcoin and knows how it is profitable to store bitcoin in future. But for small farmer or the housewife who like to get some jewellery on hand will never shift towards bitcoin as bitcoin doesn't have any physical value.

yes very true, bitcoin has no physical value but has a selling value so the price is relatively unstable in contrast to the gold that the price is quite stable, it all depends on the needs of its own users, because it all has, each function

It's called a store of value, and its value will increase when more people are using it, we do not invest if bitcoin has no potential and what we are seeing now is that bitcoin is very progressive and its popularity has reach the regulators and soon they will regulate bitcoin as they cannot stop the increasing number of people adopting to bitcoin.

usorin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:03:06 AM

Well in my opinion, bitcoin will never be equal to gold because gold has physical value and represents for the whole economy while bitcoin is just numbers. One possibility for that to happen is we lose all our gold
Think at services, it isn't' a touchable thing but still you gain some comfort of it, you can't touch the work of a person. The same goes with bitcoin but in a more complex mather. Gold gained field during wars, even if national currency was under inflation gold stayed on his foot because, people believed that is more safe to have holding in gold then in other currency. Gold is a shiny metal, probably as rare as bitcoin.
kincit88

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:36:21 AM

For now I still feel comfortable investing in bitcoin, but I already have a plan, if I'm already satisfied with the benefits I get from bitcoin. I will dilute those profits and start buying gold as the most promising and safest investment.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:56:37 AM

Holding of gold is always better than BTC in long run as market price of gold is stable and always increases but on the other hand BTC is highly unstable and you don't know when its market gonna go high and when its gonna go low. Also, in my country every house holds gold rather than BTC as its like a tradition and they believe that gold is good investment.

When we see the history of bitcoin the price growth is much better than the gold,so i think bitcoin is better than gold.Like you said the bitcoin price is highly unstable but when we see the long run it increases always.It will continue to rise untill there is demand for bitcoin.The difference is gold is an physical object but crypto is in digital form but we can convert in to fiat or we can use it to buy products but in gold when we change gold into fiat the loss is very high than compared to bitcoin.
i agree with you that although bitcoin prices are unstable or volatile but if we look in the long run, bitcoin prices tend to continue to rise and show a significant development. in contrast to gold that has a stable price and the changes are very slow, for the profit problem i think everyone agrees that bitcoin is more profitable than gold, besides bitcoin also has other functions as currency, and that function is not owned by gold
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:34:31 AM

Holding of gold is always better than BTC in long run as market price of gold is stable and always increases but on the other hand BTC is highly unstable and you don't know when its market gonna go high and when its gonna go low. Also, in my country every house holds gold rather than BTC as its like a tradition and they believe that gold is good investment.

When we see the history of bitcoin the price growth is much better than the gold,so i think bitcoin is better than gold.Like you said the bitcoin price is highly unstable but when we see the long run it increases always.It will continue to rise untill there is demand for bitcoin.The difference is gold is an physical object but crypto is in digital form but we can convert in to fiat or we can use it to buy products but in gold when we change gold into fiat the loss is very high than compared to bitcoin.
I totally agree with you on this regard. When you think according to the long-run investments then nothing goes bad on your side, if you choose bitcoin. Gold is stable enough to profit its user but on the comparison with bitcoin, bitcoin lead the race.

Reason is only one, more profits from bitcoin than gold. So users now, coming to bitcoin and earning more than expected profits.
mel0924

Activity: 294
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 11:51:50 AM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
For me holding of gold is much safer because all of us knew how dear gold is and its price is always getting higher. Gold is special and it can be seen as actual. When we talk about bitcoin, yes it is much good to hold it because its price and value is always increasing too and has higher increase. For now I will choose bitcoins because it has a very big investment return.

▄▄▄▄
             ▄▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
        ▄██████████████████▄
      ▄████████▀  ██████████▄
    ▄████████▀    ▄███████████
   ████████▀    ▄██████████████
 ▄███████▀    ▄████▀  ██████████
▄██████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████████
████████  ▄████▀    ▄█████████████
█████████████▀    ▄████▀  ████████
 ██████████▀    ▄████▀    ▄██████▀
  ██████████  ▄████▀    ▄███████▀
   ██████████████▀    ▄████████
    ███████████▀    ▄████████▀
     ▀██████████  ▄████████▀
      ▀██████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀████████▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀
EQUAL

██
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██ █
██
SELF DEFLATIONARY CRYPTOCURRENCY

█
  ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
█ ██
  ██
   █

▄█████▄
 █         █████████   ▄
 ██▄      ████████████▀
 ████▄▄  ▄█████████████▀
 ▄▀███████████████████
 ▀████████████████████
   ██████████████████
 ▀▄ █████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
    ▀██████████████▀
      ████████████▀
    ▄███████████▀
▄▄███████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▄███▄▀▀██████
█████  ▀     ▀  █████
████             ████
████   ██   ██   ████
████   ▄     ▄   ████
█████▄  ▀███▀  ▄█████
█████████████████████
█████████████▀███████
 ████████████▄ ▀█████
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███
                   ▀█

▄▄
                  ▄▄████
              ▄▄████████
          ▄▄███████▀████
      ▄▄█████████▀ █████
  ▄▄███████████▀ ▄██████
█████████████▀  ████████
   ▀▀██████▀  ▄█████████
       ▀▀▀  ▄███████████
           ▄████████████
           █████████████
           ████▀  ▀▀████
           ██▀       ▀██
paul00

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:04:37 PM

These two should not yet be compared with each other. Golds are already well known with it appreciating value through the years of its existence that even the founder of these website is not yet born. It will be unfair to compare bitcoin from it for bitcoin is just starting and not yet fully accepted by all countries. Also, we all know that bitcoin has a fluctuating value, however we can only hope for the best that bitcoin would also come to this point where it is well acknowledge by each and everyone.
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 12:12:41 PM

Gold has always been people's favourite thing of investment and is known to everyone.But now people have started recognizing the value of bitcoins.In my opinion investing in bitcoins would be better as it is volatile and is really profitable for long time investments,even though it carries a bit risk with it.But the risk is worth taking.The value of gold is more stable and rises much less in comparison to the growth in the value of bitcoins each year.
Nathland

Activity: 317
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 01:12:48 PM

I think holding gold and holding btc both are profitable.  Because both value increase and fluctuates with time.  Investing in either of them. Will benefit you.  But talking about who will benefit more and more .  I will say that bitcoin benefits more and more than the gold.  Gold prices increases about 2-3% but bitcoin increase about double tripled in the same time span.  Bitcoin is the first crypto currency and people are getting rich by investing in it.  Best thing you can mine your own bitcoins.  And it's prices are always increasing and with time it's is estimated that bitcoin will be used by the most of the population.  So holding btc us better idea. 
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 04:34:01 PM

For now I still feel comfortable investing in bitcoin, but I already have a plan, if I'm already satisfied with the benefits I get from bitcoin. I will dilute those profits and start buying gold as the most promising and safest investment.
I believe a time will definitely come when we will see Bitcoin as a very safe investment than we have it now when there is already a mass adoption for it and there is apparently no more turning back at any point.

We are the ones who have created the value for bitcoin today and it is in our hands if we want to drop that value or not and for anyone in their right sense, I believe that is like the worst move to make considering what has been happening. I believe even gold value is controlled so why should I want to choose a centralized asset then?
reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:08:22 PM

I believe a time will definitely come when we will see Bitcoin as a very safe investment than we have it now when there is already a mass adoption for it and there is apparently no more turning back at any point.

We are the ones who have created the value for bitcoin today and it is in our hands if we want to drop that value or not and for anyone in their right sense, I believe that is like the worst move to make considering what has been happening. I believe even gold value is controlled so why should I want to choose a centralized asset then?

You hole the bitcoin it good opportunity for the get the bitcoin gold. If save the bitcoin will change the gold for the same value in the future. Bitcoin is improve the future. So will learn the new updates. Bitcoin give the more information for the growth. So know the information. Then you will know the bitcoin and bitcoin gold save or hold.
MAJICOIN

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 05:35:30 PM

Holding of gold is also good but there is a chance of theft with you al the time while in the case of holding bitcoin is very good because it is available with you all the time in your digital wallet each and every where you can check it everywhere you can go freely and when you need some money somewhere you can access your wallet and withdraw your money.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]              
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬    
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
henmark

Activity: 783
Merit: 270

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:20:06 PM

Gold and bitcoin are two completely different products. Many are comparing the two, because they want Bitcoin to fill some of the role that gold is filling today. Right now that is not really possible, as the differences in volatility are too high. When Bitcoin's volatility calms down it might open up for bigger investors (like institutions) to join the party, but for now it's only for the risk willing or neutral investors.
World is developing very fast and with time everything is changing just like that keeping gold is the fashion of old time. People were used gold in past for investment etc but now the world develop and now the bitcoin is come to the world which is so fast in increasing value and high rated and is easy to invest and earn. So bitcoin is best than gold nowadays.
Holding of gold and holding of bitcoin, both are profitable but the fact is it is holding of bitcoin which is far more profitable than holding of gold. If you go for holding of gold, you will not be able to earn a huge profit in the future. On the other hand, holding of bitcoin and that too for a long time certainly means that you are going to have much more amount of profit than you have ever thought.
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

For me there is little comparison, bitcoin can make you rich, gold can just keep you rich

Although bitcoin prices go up, but we never know what's going to happen with bitcoin's future, it's all guessing and speculating, the gold price is stable and despite the increase of only a dozen percent annually but I suggest to keep investing in gold.
Gold is old now because its prices are stable now whereas bitcoin its prices are not stable when it goes down it give chance to people to invest into it and when it comes up then it give chance to the people to cash out their profit bitcoin is versatile, gold was used in past to make money and before bitcoin it was main sources of making money but bitcoin affected its investor, every investors is asking about bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: